2019 Free Agency/Player Movement

The Nets are basically throwing their rebuild which they have handled very well down the drain if they sign Kyrie without a second guy. You would think watching him in Boston would scare off Sean Marks who seems like a very astute executive but I guess not.

It's the worst organization in sports. It's been trying to be something it's not last couple of seasons. Finally, getting over the PP/KG trade from years back.

Kylie deserves to bring back his 28 win talent there.

Would be a great move for Celtics. He is a great player and should be a perfect fit to their mentality.
Wish Lakers would go after him, if Kyrie won't get to LA...

Great, great, fit. UConn player. Loves being coached hard. All the shot making ability of Kylie without any of the drama. Kyrie's ability to finish at the rim took a big hit this year. Kemba a superior athlete. Celtics remain a top 3 team in East with this signing. Glaring hole in the middle though without Horford.

Kyrie isn't going to L.A. bud.
Don't think so either, but one can hope)))
I would love to get Beverley and 3-4 solid role players. Maybe resign Caldwell Pope/JJ Redick, Horford would be a great fit, though he isn't a role player of course...
(I would be great to see Casspi in Lakers uniform).
Kemba/Horford/Kyrie/Kawhi - would go after one of them first - sign the first one that shows interest.
If not, maybe keep Chandler and Pope and add Beverley and few 3&D on the wings...

Not sure why KD was so anxious to get out of the deal...
Why not get his money and evaluate the market, a year from now?

I would think the security of getting 150+ over several years.

Knicks should pass on Kyrie if they can get Durant. Roll the cap space into next season with another top 3 pick.

I would think the security of getting 150+ over several years.

Knicks should pass on Kyrie if they can get Durant. Roll the cap space into next season with another top 3 pick.
If teams ready to sign him now, throwing a year of his contract away, they will sign him healthy, a year from now for sure.
But it will add a year if big pay and to check the landscape of the league, a year from now...

It's the worst organization in sports. It's been trying to be something it's not last couple of seasons. Finally, getting over the PP/KG trade from years back.

Kylie deserves to bring back his 28 win talent there.

It was a terrible organization but Sean Marks seems like a very good executive and he has done a great job getting them out of the mess that Billy King left behind.

I would love to get Beverley and 3-4 solid role players. Maybe resign Caldwell Pope/JJ Redick, Horford would be a great fit, though he isn't a role player of course...
Kemba/Horford/Kyrie/Kawhi - would go after one of them first - sign the first one that shows interest.
If not, maybe keep Chandler and Pope and add Beverley and few 3&D on the wings...

Beverely would be a tremendous signing.

Horford will be a Maverick or Clipper. He isn't going to the Lakers.

I love Red-Dick on any team.

KCP, no thanks.

I don't see any of these 4 entertaining more than a meeting with the Lakers...and I only think KL and Kemba even meet with them.

EG/Capela make sense for the Kings, would be a lot of fun if they can get one or both of those guys.

I needed to see this :)

My kings are gonna be fun next year

People harp on the bagley pick, cause of halleluka but bagley is a STUD, him star fox and buddy are a BIG 3

Also, how dumb MJ must be not to offer Kemba max?!
Good luck finding another franchise player...

Bench could be a disaster but Davis, James , Kuzma , insert one of those above is going be a ridiculous starting 5

Kemba makes the celtics so much better, hes not kyrie, not as pure a scorer

But better shooter imo, more comfortable off ball, better defender, better teammate

Tatum will be able to handle the ball more

They badly need a c tho

0% chance kawhi signs with lakers

Its raps or clips

You wanna tell me there’s a zero percent chance that a dude from SoCal signs with the purple and gold, after sitting in a room for 2 hours getting pitched by Lebron and AD? It’s certainly possible that he doesn’t join the Lakers, but dismissing the possibility that he could seems a little aggressive. ESPECIALLY choosing the Clippers over them, and I say that as a guy holding a Clippers future today.

If they have 32m

If kemba is going to LA, I wouldnt do max

I'd do some group of

Beverly, green, seth curry, Mirotic, brook Lopez, ross, marcus Morris, rivers

Red dick seems destined to become lebrons late career kyle korver

I see bogdanovic mentioned a few places but someones gonna give him like 16m, too much, if he would settle for like 12-14 tho, all over it

If they cant get Beverly, I'd see if avery bradley would sign for cheap

Yeah they’re getting one of the 3 main dudes that can actually play ball next season. They’re not getting Kyrie Kawhi and Jimmy in a room and getting none of them.

You wanna tell me there’s a zero percent chance that a dude from SoCal signs with the purple and gold, after sitting in a room for 2 hours getting pitched by Lebron and AD? It’s certainly possible that he doesn’t join the Lakers, but dismissing the possibility that he could seems a little aggressive. ESPECIALLY choosing the Clippers over them, and I say that as a guy holding a Clippers future today.
Dont think he wants anything to do with lebron and all the extras that come with that

0% was rounding down to be fair, I'd say 0.4%

I'd rather have

Rondo on an MLE
Beverly
Mirotic
Ross
Seth curry

Than kyrie and 4 minimum dudes

Lebron and ADs usage is gonna be 30% anyway, you dont need another max paid ball handler

They need 3 and d wings a center, and then just shooters

I'd rather have

Rondo on an MLE
Beverly
Mirotic
Ross
Seth curry

Than kyrie and 4 minimum dudes

Lebron and ADs usage is gonna be 30% anyway, you dont need another max paid ball handler

They need 3 and d wings a center, and then just shooters

Nah. You get kyrie, minimum dudes will line up to finish their careers chasing rings on a discount. That team doesn’t lose a playoff series if they get to May healthy, people forgetting how great Bron is.

No disrespect to bron, they have 2 top 5 guys next year already

what guys will sign at the minimum?

My issue with the max route, is I havent seen a viable list of at least 4 guys that they will need in the playoffs to go with lebron, ad, kuzma, and say kyrie. If there are good enough options I totally get signing kyrie, since kemba doesnt seem to be an option

After the 8 core guys it doesnt really matter since playoff rotation will shrink, but who are the 4 vets who will take the minimum for them and can be viable in a playoff rotation

Trevor Ariza’s, Wes Matthews, demarre Carroll’s, Avery Bradley’s of the world who have already gotten paid will line up imo.

Btw even if not, a Kyrie / Lebron / AD or Kawhi / Lebron / AD or Jimmy / Lebron / AD team, nobody’s beating that if healthy.

They'll get one of them. Bron will be done within 4-5 years and the other two can take over

Yeah they’re getting one of the 3 main dudes that can actually play ball next season. They’re not getting Kyrie Kawhi and Jimmy in a room and getting none of them.
I think you are forgetting no one wants to play with LeBron. The Lakers have been irrelevant as well for many years. James isn't a spring chicken either.

They'll get one of them. Bron will be done within 4-5 years and the other two can take over
Bron at an all star level is maybe good for 2-3 years tops. These injuries gonna pile up...plus he's played so many playoff games... His body is wore and tore despite his durability before last year.

Trevor Ariza’s, Wes Matthews, demarre Carroll’s, Avery Bradley’s of the world who have already gotten paid will line up imo.

Btw even if not, a Kyrie / Lebron / AD or Kawhi / Lebron / AD or Jimmy / Lebron / AD team, nobody’s beating that if healthy.
The league will have more parity next year so that team would be a top 4-6 team overall but let's not get carried away just yet.

No disrespect to bron, they have 2 top 5 guys next year already

what guys will sign at the minimum?

My issue with the max route, is I havent seen a viable list of at least 4 guys that they will need in the playoffs to go with lebron, ad, kuzma, and say kyrie. If there are good enough options I totally get signing kyrie, since kemba doesnt seem to be an option

After the 8 core guys it doesnt really matter since playoff rotation will shrink, but who are the 4 vets who will take the minimum for them and can be viable in a playoff rotation
Why is Kyrie being mentioned in here? He's not going to LA Lakers at all. He's a Net...and if not...most certainly won't be playing with LBJ.

If we want to trust a dinosaur like LeBron who won't play defense and a semi injury prone AD (I love him) to be healthy then...well...

I'm not trying to discredit Bron either. He's still an all star and a huge offensive factor. But, that level of play we saw two Mays ago...will not be happening again.

Shiz is getting out of hand.

Slotting Kemba in to replace Kyrie makes little difference. A guy that needs the ball playing with a bunch of ball-handlers part deux, please.

I'll eat some salted horseshit if Kawhi signs with LePoodle.

Shiz is getting out of hand.

Slotting Kemba in to replace Kyrie makes little difference. A guy that needs the ball playing with a bunch of ball-handlers part deux, please.

I'll eat some salted horseshit if Kawhi signs with LePoodle.
Better chemistry though in Boston.... And lmao @ that last comment

Bron is a problem, but Davis is the best option to pair with Kawhi... they also fit age wise and can be the face of the league for 6-8 years.
Bron will become less and less relevant, but this duo can bring him titles...
Look at the alternatives... who will be second best in Kawhi's team? Lu Will, Lowry or Davis? Kawhi should keep that in mind. He can sign despite of LeBron (though I don't think he will).

By the end of this week there will be people ( Celtic) fans telling us Kemba is a top 3 player and Kyrie is a role player

Celts PR power really rolling out in full force this week

Back