2019 Free Agency/Player Movement

I can almost guarantee that my Knicks offer KD a 4 year max contract, knowing next year is a throwaway year. They are so desperate and in need to add talent, and they aren’t getting Kyrie, Kawhi, an AD trade seems unlikely bc they don’t have enough assets and don’t want to trade their whole roster, and I really don’t see them wasting money on mid tier max guys like Butler, Middleton, Harris, etc. I think they will draft RJ at 3, and let him, Knox, Robinson, Trier, Dennis Smith Jr continue to grow, look to add KD realizing he won’t be ready until 2020, and pray he can be the player he was pre injury, and add another top draft pick next season. The one thing I could see them doing is if Kemba doesn’t get offered the super max by Charlotte, the Knicks will throw $ at him, ny guy, loves the garden, I like him but not at max money, he would need another star along side him. It just comes down to does KD really want ny, bc they will offer him anything he wants.

The Knicks probably would, you’re right. They would qualify as one of the dumb, poorly run franchises who would do that.

I knew it when it happened. As someone who has blown out his knee twice, ACL and meniscus, both times playing ball, you could see his knee give. Will be an interesting offseason for Gsw no doubt. Even if KD stays, which I highly doubt, he’s out the whole year, and Klay will prob be out until the All Star Break. Cousins is also prob a goner as he’s gonna want to get paid somewhere and on more than a one year deal, even tho he’s not 100% either. My guess is Gsw tries to sign a veteran or two as a stopgap until Klay can come back, especially if KD leaves it’ll free up money. Klay’s injury just about slams the door on KD resigning as I just don’t see the warriors starting the season knowing 2 of their starting 5 might not play at all next year

Wow......2 star players out for next season......will Gs make the playoffs? Curry should sit out near year, fake an injury? Get rested is my opinion.

Are ACLs full year injuries now . I kinda fell like he would be ready after All star break or so

What’s next ? Kerr resigns

It makes sense for him to leave. Doubt we will see a repeat for the Raptors and it's a good offer, big challenge and Wizards will give him all the time he needs to build their team...

Damn feel bad for klay

What a crazy week for the dubs, whole franchise future changes in a week
It's gonna be weird with that brand new stadium and only Curry as a super star.

Drove by Chase Arena a few weeks ago and that place is gonna look nice. Great area too off the water.

It's gonna be weird with that brand new stadium and only Curry as a super star.

Drove by Chase Arena a few weeks ago and that place is gonna look nice. Great area too off the water.

Ya, interesting summer

Will be nice seeing steph just go off next year, mvp odds might be nice to look at

I was pumped for them next year losing kd, bench could have gotten deeper and I love their style of play pre KD, or how it was in portland series

How does the cap work on injuries?

Like in nhl if someone was long term injured like klay, they could put him on LTIR and it frees the cap space, so essentially say he comes back with 20 games left, his max is what like 28milly? So he would miss a 75% of the season so his cap hit would only be 7m next year

Would allow them to get a few more players this summer for help with steph, then klay back for playoffs, prolly not full strength, but as a completely overqualified spot up shooter

It makes sense for him to leave. Doubt we will see a repeat for the Raptors and it's a good offer, big challenge and Wizards will give him all the time he needs to build their team...
Ya, a bit worried if I'm raps

Being in DC around politics can potentially help his basketball Africa stuff too

I heard on the radio GS is planning to give max deals to both KD and Klay. I like it. Next year will be a throw away season. Probably not even make the playoffs. But it'll set them up for good things in 2020-2021. I see a big "Load Management" season next year for the Dubs to preserve Curry and Dray.

Hopefully Bob Myers can work his magic with the draft again like he did with Steph, Klay, and Draymond. Maybe pick up a free agent next year and make another run. Hopefully the injury bug will be better this time.

I heard on the radio GS is planning to give max deals to both KD and Klay. I like it. Next year will be a throw away season. Probably not even make the playoffs. But it'll set them up for good things in 2020-2021. I see a big "Load Management" season next year for the Dubs to preserve Curry and Dray.

Hopefully Bob Myers can work his magic with the draft again like he did with Steph, Klay, and Draymond. Maybe pick up a free agent next year and make another run. Hopefully the injury bug will be better this time.
That's not a bad plan, but what if someone else gives KD a Max?

That's not a bad plan, but what if someone else gives KD a Max?
Yeah I was thinking the same. Does KD want to stay? Is he willing to go to a team like the Knicks? Only KD knows but I have a sneaky suspicion he'll want to stay in the bay.

Don’t they have to trade Dray this summer ?they can’t keep him if offering maxes to Klay and KD

Also, what is that luxury tax bill going be

They going have two max guys rehabbing for a year on their dime ?

Don’t they have to trade Dray this summer ?they can’t keep him if offering maxes to Klay and KD

Also, what is that luxury tax bill going be

They going have two max guys rehabbing for a year on their dime ?

I think windy said today if they maxed both their total salary this year with the tax would be 350 milly

I think windy said today if they maxed both their total salary this year with the tax would be 350 milly

More power to GSW ownership if they are willing to do that knowing That KD is essentially gone next season and Klay is probably not back until February at least ( if he even plays at all)

Doesn’t seem like a sustainable business model especially when moving into new arena , but I dont have much of any clue what relief they would get cap wise or if there are massive tax write offs on The salaries if they don’t play

Wonder what Houston going to do, now that Dubs are not a title candidates for next season...
This team was built to beat the Warriors. They were contenders, but now, with Dubs injuries, it's somehow hard for me to point them as main contenders to win the West.
Gut feeling is that one of the LA teams will manage to build a strong team. Thunder and Utah need to think how to elevate themselves to legit contender and Spurs need to answer Kawhi and try to get a title as well...
We are facing a season, in which after very long time, we can't point to a strong favorite not only for the title, but even for a conference title...

Hopefully Houston doesn't abandon their plan of shaking things up a bit.... Chemistry issues trumps all ...

Well I think they would love to dump CP3 , but not sure what team is dumb enough to take over that contract ( prolly Lakers )

KD won't ever be the same. Might just be a spot up shooter. Semi driver. Achilles are the absolute worst in hoops.

Makes you appreciate a guy like Lebron who rarely gets hurt, unless you need load management.

There's gonna be some big surprises.

Can't write off the Dubs just yet, will be the first time in awhile that they're under the radar.

KD won't ever be the same. Might just be a spot up shooter. Semi driver. Achilles are the absolute worst in hoops.

Makes you appreciate a guy like Lebron who rarely gets hurt, unless you need load management.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kept their best young player in Kuzma( though that’s very debatable) I assume one of those 1st is this year ,

I think Lakers made out pretty good for a top 5 player

Now if Pelicans flip that 4th pick for a top 20 guy then yeah I’d say it was a great job Pelicans

Deal both teams had to make...LA wasn’t going anywhere w that roster and NOLA knew AD was gone.

Think it’s going to be fascinating to see how the rest of the Lake show roster gets filled out.

That and they need King and AD to not get hurt.

Every square alive just gonna be blind betting LAL every game regular season and postseason...mark it down.

I heard some rumblings this season that people think Ball still has great potential

That’s going be a fun team to watch in NOLA

Great move by the Lakers. Obviously it sucks to lose Hart, but they kept Kuzma, their best (and cheapest) young player, got rid of Ingram, that have yet met a shot he didn't like, got rid of all the Ball drama as well.
The only bad news is that Bron not going anywhere, but with a shot at the title, things might improve in LA...

Back