2019 Free Agency/Player Movement

I tend to think the Klay injury changed what they may do with KD.

Could they cut ties with KD?

Unheard of to have two max guys sitting for a year
If Thompson and Durant are both brought back on max contracts, the team's payroll would exceed $350 million, but according to The Chronicle, the expected revenue from the Chase Center should make the massive payroll feasible.

https://www.sfgate.com/warriors/art...-Thompson-injury-free-agency-ACL-13998385.php

This article quotes the above saying how they'll pay for it. Also the article hints about how Klay's dad thinks they'll both be back together. KD I'm not sure, but I think Klay will be back. Klay has always said he wants to play for one team his whole career.

Something has to be lined up for them to do it before draft , hopefully it’s not boring like a bunch more draft picks

The draymond thing you said would be super interesting

Gives dubs a bunch more flex, a cheap starting quality player for the next 5 years which is stephs window

Dray gonna want max next summer? Or is it 2021? Anyway and they cant give em that

Pels would have a good core pretty quickly around zion, zo, jrue, Draymond, hart, Ingram,

Lakers a playoff team now but not a championship team.

AD leaves games if he breaks a nail. Dude is Mr Glass.

Lakers had to make the move. But with an old LeBron and Davis always being injured, this could end up being a long term disaster with the picks they gave up. Really it's going to require Pelinka/Jeannie makng savvy moves and good injury luck for this not to haunt them for years and I don't know how you can count on those things. But again, they had to do it.

Incredible trade for the Pels. Griffin got real pieces for a guy who was never going to play another minute for them again. The pick haul will prove incredible in 3-4 years a la the Brooklyn trade and the head fake on Kuzma to ultimately get the Lakers to throw Hart in is genius. Hart is a MUCH better player than Kuzma and it's not close.

New Orleans were in a position of a perfect storm. With Dubs injured and with Raptors and possible one year rental, Kawhi, winning the title, many teams feel like they got a shot and would give the moon for Davis...
Boston and Philly could have traded for Kawhi, but chose not to do that. They wouls take a chance to rent Davis for a year and give big assets. Knicks would give everything for him, hoping to lure Kyrie as well.
Lakers had no choice, but to make this offer. It can backfire, no doubt, but it was the right move imo...

Ainge didn’t pull the trigger on a couple of trades the last couple of years .

Hes kinda fucked up

All this talk of the celtics having all this draft capital, and danny will move for the superstar when we need it from celtics fans

No kd, no ad, no pg, kyrie is leaving....

Who else is left?

This is basically Tatum and brown now

They have 3 1sts this year in what is a weak draft

Grizz pick next year but its 1-6 protected, unprotected 2021 but assuming they have morant and a top 6 pick next year grizz shouldnt be that bad in 2 years

Don't get the Celtics not willing to put Tatum in a trade for Davis...
I do wonder what Pels will be doing. They can build very nice young roster, Sixers style, with Hart, Ball, Zion and pick #4, maybe with Ingram as well or they can try and surround Zion with proven players already, trying to become contenders within 1 - 2 seasons...
I don't think they should rush things, maybe only trade Ingram, who will be restricted free agent after this season and will probably ask for a lot of money... but otherwise, they can get at least 2 seasons with very promising young core and decide what to do with them after that...
Ball can develop in to good player, Jason Kidd style. Hart can become the new Danny Green, not the one we saw in Raptors, but the one he was in SA, when they almost won Miami in 6 games, with him and Neal shooting the lights out and providing solid defense.
Btw, I do think that Kuzma has higher ceiling than Hart...

Butler better than Kemba.

You do what you gotta do for Unibrow, he's a top 5 player in the world.

Butler better than Kemba.

You do what you gotta do for Unibrow, he's a top 5 player in the world.

He's also top 5 on the 'always injured' list. Dude as durable as a paper condom.
c8RSUQd.jpg

I don't think he's ever missed an extended amount of time due to serious injury though? Fractured hand maybe.

If Lakers weren’t in complete chaos I think they could have gotten AD without giving up all those future draft picks , but they were and Buss and Pelinka could not screw this up

If Lakers weren’t in complete chaos I think they could have gotten AD without giving up all those future draft picks , but they were and Buss and Pelinka could not screw this up
I think that Lakers in a full winning mode right now... they made that horrible Bron deal and need to win now....
They can't throw out another year plus they saw in PG case that you can't bet on a player to sign as fa...
Plus this year a lot of good fa on the market and Davis signing should attract others as well.
Plus, Ingram not a star. He would have been gone next summer anyway.
Ball getting injured again or staying the same level would have deminished his value (I still think Ball can be very nice player, but that proof is on him).
Hart and the draft picks hurt, but Lakers needed this move...

Agree had to do it , but if they weren’t in total chaos I think they could have got out a little cheaper as it doesn’t appear NOLA had anyone else

Basically same deal from Feb , except it was the 4th pick instead of Kuzma

It all comes down to what other offers NO had and how long were they willing to drag this...
Boston always can beat anyone's offer and who knows, maybe Ainge would have made the smart thing and traded for him...
Lakers missed out a lot on players, before landing LeBron and getting the big prise, two summers in a row, was important to them...

I think that Lakers in a full winning mode right now... they made that horrible Bron deal and need to win now....
They can't throw out another year plus they saw in PG case that you can't bet on a player to sign as fa...
Plus this year a lot of good fa on the market and Davis signing should attract others as well.
Plus, Ingram not a star. He would have been gone next summer anyway.
Ball getting injured again or staying the same level would have deminished his value (I still think Ball can be very nice player, but that proof is on him).
Hart and the draft picks hurt, but Lakers needed this move...

Bron was not a horrible deal...he'd been to 8 straight finals, arguably the greatest player ever, never hurt and in his prime. Am I missing something here?

Bron was not a horrible deal...he'd been to 8 straight finals, arguably the greatest player ever, never hurt and in his prime. Am I missing something here?
We will see... hope Lakers win a title and prove me wrong...

They are the odds on favorite divol. If they get Butler/Kyrie/Russel/Kemba..just one of them and get a bunch of guys at the MLE for the bench they'll be tough to beat. Plus Vogel is a solid coach imo.

The next 3-4 years will be fun as a Laker fan..enjoy it man....

Adam Silver definitely recognizes the playoff TV ratings being down as well..believe that. NBA always has conspiracies going on imo.

The next 3-4 years will be fun as a Laker fan..enjoy it man....

Adam Silver definitely recognizes the playoff TV ratings being down as well..believe that. NBA always has conspiracies going on imo.

True . League needs Lebron/Lakers especially with GSW on the decline

As for Lakers, they still got a long way to go... they need one more star plus they need to fill out a roster plus they need Bron in good shape and getting ready to pass the torch to Davis... they can still strike out on FA market...
I do wonder about draft picks 2024 and 2025 when Zion should become a star player and Bron in full decline...

As for Lakers, they still got a long way to go... they need one more star plus they need to fill out a roster plus they need Bron in good shape and getting ready to pass the torch to Davis... they can still strike out on FA market...
I do wonder about draft picks 2024 and 2025 when Zion should become a star player and Bron in full decline...

The Lakers will sign Zion as a FA and pair him with Davis

Davis isn’t/wasn’t a unique problem for NOLA. They will always struggle to keep and attract star players

(2/2) studs on top of Durant to injuries. I would go all in next 363 days' salary on NO -500 or better vs. being homeless for however long it equals mathwise if I'm wrong. Lakers have 3 serviceable guys. Best is a legend going on 43 in hoops years, second needs bubble wrap. Joke.

Don't get the Celtics not willing to put Tatum in a trade for Davis...
I do wonder what Pels will be doing. They can build very nice young roster, Sixers style, with Hart, Ball, Zion and pick #4, maybe with Ingram as well or they can try and surround Zion with proven players already, trying to become contenders within 1 - 2 seasons...
I don't think they should rush things, maybe only trade Ingram, who will be restricted free agent after this season and will probably ask for a lot of money... but otherwise, they can get at least 2 seasons with very promising young core and decide what to do with them after that...
Ball can develop in to good player, Jason Kidd style. Hart can become the new Danny Green, not the one we saw in Raptors, but the one he was in SA, when they almost won Miami in 6 games, with him and Neal shooting the lights out and providing solid defense.
Btw, I do think that Kuzma has higher ceiling than Hart...

Celtics couldnt put Tatum in after rich said no way AD signs there

I'm guessing that deal was real close last week, and rich ended it quick with that SI feature basically telling boston to fuck off

Lebron hates Boston

I didn't want to post premature until Gurv and Teeeds sources confirmed the trade in full. I will after a rainy BBQ

I'm hearing it's all agreed by david griffen is a sneaky fellow

Lakers are pushing for this to not be finalized until july 30th so they can hand out another max deal to kemba, if not they would be short, like how the Wiggins deal waited out for k love

Griff initially agreed, but any trade for the 4th overall pick can complicate things if it adds cap, which it would for lakers

Back