2019 Free Agency/Player Movement

Bron is a problem, but Davis is the best option to pair with Kawhi... they also fit age wise and can be the face of the league for 6-8 years.
Bron will become less and less relevant, but this duo can bring him titles...
Look at the alternatives... who will be second best in Kawhi's team? Lu Will, Lowry or Davis? Kawhi should keep that in mind. He can sign despite of LeBron (though I don't think he will).
Davis can just join him on the Clippers then next summer ;)

Here is the All-Time (Combined Reg. Season & Playoffs) Minutes List

1. Kareem 66297
2. Malone 62759
3. Bryant 57278
4. Dirk 57263
5. Duncan 56738
6. LeBron 56284

So basically by the Super Bowl this year, LeBron will have played the 3rd most minutes of any player in the history of the game. Expecting him to be the backbone of a championship team with the wear-and-tear on his body is not reasonable. He needs AD not to get hurt and miss time (which has been proven unrealistic) and a 3rd superstar in LA for the Lakers to be championship-relevant. And that's not even addressing the complete lack of a bench they have. That is as thin as a sheet of paper right now.

Come Sunday at 6pm, it's going to be amazing to watch how the dominos fall.

By the end of this week there will be people ( Celtic) fans telling us Kemba is a top 3 player and Kyrie is a role player

Celts PR power really rolling out in full force this week

Kyrie Irving is awful at NBA basketball. He's better off playing And-1 mix tape ball.

This is a huge swap.

If Kyrie goes to the Nets, and Durant follows, the TTU is a lock this year. You'll be looking at a 30 win team.

If Leonard goes to the Lakers that's the lamest thing I've ever seen.

Lakers ruined this rebuild by bringing in Cramps. Any other max FA (besides Kyrie) would propel them to a championship if they had Leonard and AD.

But Cramps will turn AD into a corner shooting big man and Leonard will be forced to make up for Cramp's defense and end up hurting himself.

I wonder what teams that will not be picked my major FA's will do...
Clippers have very good base, but missing out on FA's will force them to make hard choices.
Also wonder what Sixers will do if lose Butler/ Harris or both.
Bucks really need to keep their core. This is a team that I feel needs just a bit of time to gel and should be fine.
Rockets need to keep their base. Can't understand why they want to blow things up. They were stopped only by the Dubs the last two seasons and can easily reach the Finals this season.
It can easily be Utah - Rockets WC Finals

Interesting. The Warriors can get a 37 million dollar trade exception if Durant goes to a team under the cap, via trade.

They could literally trade a 2nd rounder for anyone then in that scenario.

If the Clips trade Gallo expiring to Philly for Jimmy and find a 3rd team for Jerome Robinson (not hard), they can have Kawhi Jimmy + ~22mm left over for additional guys.

Keep in mind that is in addition to SGA/Shamet/Lou/Harrell, all of whom are under contract for next season.

If the Clips trade Gallo expiring to Philly for Jimmy and find a 3rd team for Jerome Robinson (not hard), they can have Kawhi Jimmy + ~22mm left over for additional guys.

Leonard and Jimmy, while I've heard they want to play together, sounds awful to me.

Blame Kyrie? It's not that simple, Boston

Jackie MacMullan

AS THE PUBLIC flogging commences, and the piling on ensues, Kyrie Irving assumes a yoga pose in Japan with the accompanying cryptic message: "Freedom from greed ensures a peaceful life."

It's too simplistic to put all the blame of Boston's lost 2018-19 season at the feet of this basketball supernova, who declared as recently as early May, "I'm an actual genius when it comes to the game."

Don't snicker too loudly -- he's not entirely wrong. The talent is unmistakable, the work ethic indisputable and the courage to take a shot in the biggest moment is what drew the Celtics to him in the first place. Yet Kyrie's awkward attempts at providing forceful leadership proved to be flawed, and ultimately destructive. His journey began as an earnest attempt to fulfill his dream of leading his own team to the pinnacle, but he failed spectacularly, with help from a disjointed collection of talented individuals who simply could not figure out how to collaborate in unison.

This debacle was no solo act.

If people actually believe Boston's implosion was all Kyrie Irving's fault, they weren't paying attention.

"It wasn't just him," says former Celtic Cedric Maxwell, the team's radio analyst. "This group was the most dysfunctional team I've seen since 1983, when we had four Hall of Famers on our roster and got swept by the Milwaukee Bucks. These guys never found a way to be on the same page."

Kyrie Irving led the Boston Celtics with 245 free throw attempts last season, but only one team attempted fewer free throws than Boston.
In fact, it didn't take long for Boston's coaching staff to grow concerned about the team's vibe. They peeked in on the preseason pickup games and discovered young players who experienced exhilarating results the previous season by making the extra pass, but were now jacking up shots and running isolation plays. Ironically, it was Irving who implored his teammates to share the ball in the infancy of the season. And yet, by season's end, it was Kyrie who had hijacked the offense.

Celtics coach Brad Stevens says he knew from the beginning it would be a challenging season for Boston.

"The bottom line," Stevens told ESPN, "is that we had seven perimeter guys who were all very good players, and all of them brought something different and unique to the table. If you ask any one of them, I'm sure they'll tell you it was hard to find all that they wanted this season.

"I don't lose any sleep over that. They were all extremely competitive, well-intentioned guys. The pieces just didn't fit."

THE PIECES INCLUDED Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier thirsting for more shots and a bigger role; Gordon Haywardstruggling to recover both mentally and physically from a catastrophic injury; and Al Horford, the model of decorum and professionalism, choosing not to challenge Irving when the point guard's emotions disrupted the team.

After a November loss to the Portland Trail Blazers, the team's fourth in five games, Irving opined that the team needed a 14- or 15-year veteran on the roster to add levity to their group. By January, he was wondering aloud if his younger teammates understood what it took to play at a championship level. Brown pushed back, saying, "It's not the young guys', old guys' fault. It's everybody."

On Jan. 9, the Celtics blitzed the Indiana Pacers in Boston, then flew out that night to Miami, arriving at the team hotel after 2 a.m. on Thursday. Boston was set to play the Miami Heat that night, but, team sources said, that didn't stop some of the young players from heading to South Beach, where the clubs stay open well past 5 a.m. It's not uncommon for NBA players to go out when they're on the road, but Irving was irked teammates decided to do it in the middle of back-to-back games.

The Celtics ended up submitting a lackluster effort in a 115-99 drubbing at the hands of the Heat.

During a timeout in that game, a testy exchange between Brown and veteran Marcus Morris, who was angered that Brown didn't hustle back on the defensive end, was captured on video. Morris admonished Brown to "play harder" and shoved him before Marcus Smart quickly intervened.

Reporters clamored to ask Irving about it after the game, but he had disappeared. After nearly 30 minutes, he was found shooting baskets on Miami's practice court, hoping some of his teammates who had played so poorly might join him.

None of them did.

By the time Irving returned to answer media questions, most of his teammates were gone. Asked to explain why he felt compelled to engage in the postgame session, Irving said, "I just wanted to feel good going into the next game. We're staying over in Miami, so I'd rather be in here than be out in Miami right now."

Two nights later, the Celtics lost by two points to the Orlando Magic. As Stevens drew up the final play in the huddle, an animated Irving objected to where he was slated to receive the ball. Irving was a primary option on the play, but when Hayward saw Tatum open in the corner, he threw him the ball instead. Tatum missed. Irving's incredulous reaction, including jawing at Hayward and raising his arms in disbelief, quickly went viral.

Kyrie Irving says the Celtics need to have a "championship or nothing" mindset after appearing frustrated at the end of Boston's loss to the Magic.
Kyrie's postgame comments included yet another reference to his team's lack of experience. He would later apologize for his reaction to the final play, but the damage was done, both in his locker room and in the public court of opinion.

Stevens had regular discussions with Irving throughout the season, and Kyrie once praised Stevens as "a great basketball mind." By season's end, Irving had publicly questioned his coach's tactics and management of the roster. "Kyrie really put Brad through the ringer," one Celtics staffer noted. Stevens repeatedly blamed himself for his team's mounting losses, vowing to do better, while his coaches became increasingly concerned about the toll it was exacting on their head coach.

"He really beat himself up for how things went," says Micah Shrewsberry, who left the Celtics to become Purdue's associate head coach. "I know right now Brad's watching every game 10 times over trying to figure out what he can do better."

Actually both :)
But I meant Butler
I like Buckets a lot. I think he is not dumb enough to sign n trade deal with Rockets. He'll be so misused there. He's a great fit most anywhere else. His play in ECFs was excellent.

Kyrie Irving is awful at NBA basketball. He's better off playing And-1 mix tape ball.

This is a huge swap.

If Kyrie goes to the Nets, and Durant follows, the TTU is a lock this year. You'll be looking at a 30 win team.

This is a huge swap.

Lots of noise aboutKawhi to Lakers

Would be so embarrassing for himself and the league. He’s better than lebron and has a chance at being a top player of all time. Only thing he can’t do it team up with LJ who will get all the credit.

Would be so embarrassing for himself and the league. He’s better than lebron and has a chance at being a top player of all time. Only thing he can’t do it team up with LJ who will get all the credit.
No way... if he comes, it will be clear that it's his team. Like when LBJ came to Miami, despite the fact that Wade a title and LeBron didn't at the time...
It will be Kawhi's team and Bron will be third best...

As for embarrassing... KD came to Oakland and took a lot of heat for that... three years later, two titles, two times MVP Finals and going to get max contract despite bad injury

I think there is some truth to the rumors that New Balance is really pushing for Klaw to be in Ny or La

I dono why kawhi would want to wait a year tho in competing

It would end up being a great nucleus, but hes not winning a title next year with RJ, dsj, and frankie smokes

Even if KD comes back in march or april, hes not at full strength till probably 2021 anyway, like january 2021, he will be good ya, but not KD good, but that's not a 1 year injury

Back