2019 Free Agency/Player Movement

Horford becoming free agent maybe best thing for Boston and maybe worst... if he leaves, Boston in big trouble...

Boston in big trouble in just about any event. The cancer is leaving but what's their 'plan'? They seemingly have bungled this whole thing they've been building/plotting.

Boston in big trouble in just about any event. The cancer is leaving but what's their 'plan'? They seemingly have bungled this whole thing they've been building/plotting.
Would love to see cancer in Lakers uniform... one of the best players in the league... probably best player in the history of the league that believes earth is flat)

Boston needed to make a move on Kawhi, now they needed to offer Tatum and Brown and whatever to get Davis (Kyrie probably would have stayed as well then). Sixers didn't hesitate to move Fultz and could have gotten Kawhi, if they were willing to move Simmons...
Teams get too much in love with their picks in the draft...

Would love to see cancer in Lakers uniform... one of the best players in the league... probably best player in the history of the league that believes earth is flat)

Kyrie is a shorter version of Dwight Howard. Same clown vibes.

Boston needed to make a move on Kawhi, now they needed to offer Tatum and Brown and whatever to get Davis (Kyrie probably would have stayed as well then). Sixers didn't hesitate to move Fultz and could have gotten Kawhi, if they were willing to move Simmons...
Teams get too much in love with their picks in the draft...

There is a better chance that me, Shuma and emkee are signed to the veterans minimum next season.

There is a better chance that me, Shuma and emkee are signed to the veterans minimum next season.
I meant the year before, when Spurs wanted Tatum or Simmons and both Boston and Sixers declined their offer...
Boston right now, on a verge of having a roster of Hayward, Tatum, Brown, Rozier, Baynes and Smart... In this rate, they will be fighting for playoffs, not a title contenders...
They need to do what Houston did... put everyone on the market and try to land someone...

I like Kemba, but would take Kyrie over him on any given day. People don't like Kyrie because of his strange opinions about earth and so on, but the talent this kid has... Won one title for LeBron and hopefully will help AD win him another...
Everyone accuses Kyrie for Tatum playing poorly, Brown playing poorly and so on... That's despite him dishing out plenty of assists and actually playing well in to offensive scheme of the Celtics team...
It's not like Boston don't want to offer him max contract, it's he who wants out and after all the unfair bashing he got... who can blame him...

Kemba is more durable.
I agree. He is very underrated because he plays in Charlotte. He can defend, he can score, he can be a leader, hit clutch shots - he is more complete player than Kyrie, but Kyrie is younger, about the same age as Davis, so that's an upside + he is better finisher and and has more playoffs experience + plus proved he can play and shine with LeBron, not an easy task at all...
Basically, Lakers will be like Cleveland trio, but instead of Love, you got Davis, one huge upgrade.
As for not an "option a", I honestly don't know. Talent wise, he can be as good as anyone else in the league. But yeah, I think he thrives much more with veteran star player next to him. Look btw at the chemistry he had with Al Horford...
He doesn't get along too well with young players, but looking at remaining LA draft picks, it's not a problem :)

Will be fine with Butler, Kyrie, Kemba, Horford or Harris (and obviously Kawhi). But if I had to chose, outside of Kawhi, Kyrie is first option without a doubt. Harris/ Horford can be great options, if it will leave some money to add a bit of depth to the roster. Horford btw, should age well, so don't see a problem giving him 3 - 4 years contract...

Kyrie to Brooklyn is a bad move. He’s gonna have to be the guy, he couldn’t do it on clev, he couldn’t do it on Boston (who had a better roster than bk especially if bk let’s russell
go)

Still laughing that Houston offered my Knicks CP3, about 6 years too late lol. Even more surprised were smart and said um no.

Smith Jr
RJ Barrett
Kevin Knox
Julius Randle (think we get him or take a flyer on Jabari Parker)
Mitch Robinson

That’s the starting 5. Looks like a college team lol

The Kyrie debacle and Celts implosion all started when Stevens' Indiana son Gordon came back to team after injury. Also Stevens runs a certain offense and he doesn't like Flat-earth guy's freelancing.

Brad force fed the team Gordon to get him back into play shape and get his confidence back but that was at the expense of mostly Brown, some Tatum... that really pissed the players off and Terry already unhappy with his cut in mins added fuel to the fire.

Gordon never got his game back...and may never who knows and has a contract players know isn't trade-able.
Also with no real veteran leadership in locker room (Kyrie isn't a leader period and Average Al is not a talker or Garnett) to squash the young gun uprising, it all went to shit.

Btw, do you think Lakers should go after Kawhi/Butler?
Wouldn't it place Davis as Center and may cause him not to sign with the Lakers next summer? It will also force Bron to play mainly PF and will force the Lakers to have entire backcourt of minimum wage players...

Kawhi of course, position wouldnt matter hes the best player in the league, hes not going there tho

Jimmy no, would be a disaster

Kawhi of course, position wouldnt matter hes the best player in the league, hes not going there tho

Jimmy no, would be a disaster
I agree that he is the best player in the league, but if Lakers lose Davis in the summer... it would be horrible...
If they bring any star player as SF, it means that majority of minutes, Kawhi as SF, Bron as PF and Davis as a C. Kuzma becomes bench player and it's Lakers will have to give at least 96 minutes (two guards positions) to minimum wages players... It's very hard to see how it can work and also, Bron and Davis will be forced to play positions they don't want to play...
Kawhi would be great, but not sure that in those circumstances...

kawhi and lebron are on the court they are handling the ball anyway, dont really need a traditional point guard

If anything it allows them to go big and still have the flexibility with good shooters like a small ball lineup

No reason why you couldnt play this lineup, and again positions dont really matter when you have players like lebron and kawhi

FA guard
Lebron
Kawhi
Davis
FA center

Kuzma comes off the bench

Btw, do you think Lakers should go after Kawhi/Butler?
Wouldn't it place Davis as Center and may cause him not to sign with the Lakers next summer? It will also force Bron to play mainly PF and will force the Lakers to have entire backcourt of minimum wage players...

Kawhi will have zero interest in the Lakers. He’s trying to build a brand, and he just brought The 6 a title, he’s not going somewhere to be a 3rd option.

Butler would be a fit but he is either staying in Philly or will do everything he can to get to the rockets imo

I don't think one of them will be a Laker as well, just thinking if Lakers should even try to get one of them.

Kemba should be only big name they go after, he can run the point, defend way better than kyrie, and he is a great spot up 3 point shooter

If they dont get him, spread the 28m or whatever it is amongst a few players for more depth

Not sure why KD was so anxious to get out of the deal...
Why not get his money and evaluate the market, a year from now?

Would be a great move for Celtics. He is a great player and should be a perfect fit to their mentality.
Wish Lakers would go after him, if Kyrie won't get to LA...

The Nets are basically throwing their rebuild which they have handled very well down the drain if they sign Kyrie without a second guy. You would think watching him in Boston would scare off Sean Marks who seems like a very astute executive but I guess not.

Back