2017 US Open ingame

KJ

Bump. Set. Shuma!
I don't really expect any interaction in here until next week but this Sharapova/Halep match is a heavyweight slugfest and it's day 1 of the tournament. What a treat!

Unlike most WTA matches there's plenty of winning here and not much losing. This is high quality, Maria looks ridiculously sharp for being out of the game for so long

Someone should tell him he looks awful with these after the match really.

Never heard of this King guy but he looks quite good so far. Could be tricky for Sasha if King manages to win the 1st set

Didn't they say he's the first US Open qualifier from Barbados? Wtf am I watching?

I didn't hear but he has to be. Couldn't guess where he was from I didn't even think about Barbados haha.. Impressed with this guy he has some good shot making ability. But Zverev in a bad day so far. Win this 1st set and can win in 3, otherwise could be a long match

I was concerned with the first match letdown and it's coming to fruition. He's not making shots.

I can handle losing this bet, this is Douglas-Tyson type stuff and King is making shots. And now lucky too.

Let's be honest, it shouldn't be tricky but King is playing with nothing to lose

Zverev just hasn't been making shots. Seriously everything is long and imo that's just mental and lack of execution, like he didn't get a good night of sleep

Shouldn't be but Zverev still a young guy, Federer fucked up a few times in GS first rounds as well when he was around 20 years old.

Shapovalov impressive today, do you think he beats Tsonga in the next round?

No, I think Tsonga makes a possible semifinal run and think he's perfect to buy low now....I think he's top 8 and even possibly makes a dent in the ATP finals although matchups will matter. ATP has a ton of issues with the top 4 for the first time in what, 15 years?

Tsonga -230, Shapo +205

Don't know about a deep run for Tsonga the guy has almost always disappointed in recent years. I like Shap to win, might play the over. Should be a great match

I will be putting an unhealthy amount on Zverev in round 2, it's a situational dream for what I consider the favorite to win this tournament

Can't wait to see what I have to lay but quite honestly I don't care after this

Tsonga -230, Shapo +205

Don't know about a deep run for Tsonga the guy has almost always disappointed in recent years. I like Shap to win, might play the over. Should be a great match

I'm buy low right now on Tsonga, think this is the season he creeps up there...I agree with the disappointment but have always felt he's second tier. This season is different imo with injuries and third party factors. Think this could be the one he shines. Of course I could look idiotic too. I will lay -230 in a heartbeat, not like that's such a large number in tennis when you have an opinion.

who will be the next opponent for Zverev? I took Cilic to win it, good odds and good draw so let's see. But yes if Zverev plays like he has recently he might be just behind Roger and Rafa. Have to see how Roger's back is though. And what's the best Zverev did in GS so far? never went to the semis, right?

Murray, Fed, Nadal and Stan are all vulnerable, can't remember when that was the case

I'm also vulnerable I guess lol

I think Shap will be great. If he plays like he did when he beat Rafa in Montral, then he can definitely beat Tsonga. Not sure about fatigue though, he has played 3 matches last week to qualify

who will be the next opponent for Zverev? I took Cilic to win it, good odds and good draw so let's see. But yes if Zverev plays like he has recently he might be just behind Roger and Rafa. Have to see how Roger's back is though. And what's the best Zverev did in GS so far? never went to the semis, right?

I do believe the winner of this tournament will be a first time grand slammer, it's why I like to wait to bet much until week two to get a feel but seriously not thinking it's one of the top 4 (obv Stan not even there) but I will be dogging it next week I'm guessing

Sticking with Sascha to win it at this point, this match will only help the value

You should take Zverev to win the tournament if you like him that much. I have Cilic and a smaller piece on Zverev. Great draw for them.

But if he's in great shape and no back problem I like Roger to win it

I think this surface is brutal on backs...you know I'm a Fed fan but I also think this tournament is brutal for him

Yep, I'm in on Zverev but no futures this tournament for me. Honestly I need to see the first week before I do anything stupid other than going crazy on Sascha next match. Gonna pick my spots.

Nothing crazy for me but with the great odds they have I might have the possibility to guarantee profit if one of the 2 go far.

I have not heard Fed say it was typically on hard surface that this problem comes, but you might be right. I remember when he has to withdraw from the Masters final because of a bad back and win the Davis Cup a week later. So I'm thinking it should not come again this fortnight hopefully

Reactions: KJ
Haha I learned it in England. What would be the US word for 2 weeks? specifically a 2 weeks tournament do you have a special word?

Don't get live bets but would highly encourage a Kerber bet after losing that first set

Damn she's getting a beatin, one thing I've noticed about Japanese players is their composure. Just never seem to flinch when you think they will. Osaka is playing great.

And for the 2nd day I failed to cap the socks, those high red stripes are beautiful

It's difficult without having inside information. Perfect for live betting though

Back