2017 US Open ingame

Disaster, and expensive. I want to keep going this week but might not know what the fuck I'm doing...nice to see Sharapova have over 50 unforced errors

In each of his past 3 return games Pouille has been up 40-15 I believe yet is now down 2-5 in the 4th set with the match on the line. That takes a special kinda something. And that's just how it's going.

Didn't watch Sharapova, but Marion Bartoli on eurosport thought it ended like this because she was not well prepared physically, not enough matches in the legs, lacking power and precision etc

I'll continue with the underdogs and go with a combination of Zverev ML, +3.5 and over 40. I think it will be close sets and should be 4 or 5 sets.

She was awful mentally and physically, bunch of shots that were easily returnable. And a ton of unforced errors. It was not enjoyable to watch. Let a gal who retired in 2013 look like a star.

It's up to Mugu for me today and likely for the rest of the tournament, she's all I got left.

There is funny tennis blog here that renamed this US Open a few days ago after Cilic lost as Slaughterhouse Open for the favorites, still true a few days later...

What do we think for this half of the draw?

PCB vs DSS
Querrey vs Anderson

Carreno Busta vs Querrey

Querrey in final

I'm so exhausted and have spent so much time to lose so much money...man, it's been deflating and don't know if I have direction at this point. Like Maria today...just lost

watch in play and decide if there is something good to bet maybe, basically what I should have done with this Querrey-Zverev match where Querrey was en fuego, I think something like 52 winners 7 UE

No live betting available for me

Querrey is where I lean but fuck these last couple days have me questioning everything. Maria walking up to the net to look for a mark on a hard court as opposed to challenging a match changing point....people are just so f'n stupid I don't know.

I really do want Fed to win, and at least Querrey has been there in the semis and you know as the American left he'll get Ashe and crowd will be 100% behind him but I'm not even really sold on Sam. Ratings for a Nadal/Fed semi would be off the roof on a Friday night, don't even know the football games that night yet

Didn't see the highlights of the Sharapova match but I believe the players can see a little something of a mark even on hard courts, or at least it seems some players do look at the court before asking for a challenge. But yeah quite a few of these tennis players are not very smart anyway.

Yes would be great to finally have a 1st Fed Rafa match at the US Open, could have been a final this year if not for fucking Murray. I think Fed said one of the only finals where the public was rooting completely for his opponent was vs Agassi in New York, could be fun to have one again vs an American. And would be an interesting final vs either Fed or Rafa, I think the other 3 would have a way lower chance if Fed or Rafa are there.

Maria looked lost, kept hitting shots down the middle, didn't make Sevastova move off the first shot and guess what....she controlled points left and right. And we know Maria can shift a point quickly with her shot making but she chose to not make shots. When she did, they ended up in the net or way wide.

She's just not mentally (mostly) or physically fit to win a major right now and it was a huge miscalculation on my part, most of these women aren't mentally fit and I gave her the benefit of the doubt. Terrible decision. She looked so lost in that third set (actually after that critical non-challenge) in the second I think it's possible this sets her back a bit. Obv talent is there but she's not getting younger, figured the situation with Serena being gone might instantly propel her to prominence. Wrong all over.

In fairness to Sevastova, she made Maria frustrated and it was brilliant. Gotta take a look from that side....it was honestly well thought out. She's basically re-invented herself. Good for her.

I believe by making the quarters she makes around $470k and they said that's 20% of her career earnings. Cray

Yeah actually I watched a few points, switched the channels with the futbol, everytime Sharapova missed and not just by a few centimeters :eek:

I hope she won't win another Grand Slam, not a big fan of her I can't stand her gruntings. And don't like cheaters. But good chances she will win one if the new moms Azarenka and Serena don't come back strong.

Yes crazy, I remember Fed said one of the only time he thought about money when entering a tennis match was in his 1st world tour final where a victory was around 100k which was big for him at the time

I think Maria might have gotten screwed worse than any athlete in my lifetime in any sport, honestly don't think she intended to cheat. If she did, I'm wrong. But taking a year plus away from someone in that sport is brutal. And I've gone through Canseco, McGuire, Sosa in baseball, can't think of much in football and basketball that rings a bell although I'm sure they exist, soccer is a different animal. And I'm not much a fan of hers but pretty sure she came out with the short straw. Odd, because we all know ESPN here absolutely needs her.

So to that point, maybe it made women's tennis relevant (seriously how many times can we get bored watching Serena kill everyone she's so physically dominant against) so I hope there was no agenda by the WTA and I doubt they'd have done that. They need her.

Let's just pull for Fed mate, I'm down...just lost so much this weekend don't know where to go and not sure I'm worth a shit even posting anything other than to fade....we go through those stretches where you feel like life sucks as a gamble. I'm there, and have spent so much time on this it's frustrating. Of course it will turn but this is brutal.

Thanks mate....appreciate the banter

How useless was Dolgopolov, I was hoping Rafa would be seriously tested before the semis but cakewalk so far. And Rublev next, I've just read his idol was Rafa he would buy all the same outfits as soon as they were available... Rublev will be star struck for his 1st match vs Nadal...

I don't really care about the WTA so no problem, but my issue is Sharapova taking meldonium for years while she didn't need it for her health but it did help her recover and be better physically. It was allowed for a long time and she was not in the wrong but not fair play to me to use it with the intention to enhance your performance while other players didn't use it

updated odds (pinnacle)

Roger Federer +180
Rafael Nadal +150
Juan Martin Del Potro +1105
Sam Querrey +886
Kevin Anderson +1105
Pablo Carreno-Busta +1982
Diego Sebastian Schwartzman +2749
Andrey Rublev +4393

How many chances can venus get to get back in this set, and yet she can't take advantage... my god

They got there, pretty easily really other than Venus

This match is borderline nuts, DelPo looks like he can't move on a point here or there and then just breaks Federer and has the match on his racket now

The Argentinians fans had just started a chant so I think the interviewer offered Delpo the opportunity to thank them in spanish, as Delpo did after the match against Thiem.

I missed the interview. Don't think I've heard so many pulling for Fed's opponent in NYC but tough not to pull for DelPo and those fans made that atmosphere incredible

anyway, fuck this

but deserved for Delpo

I don't think this Federer would have won vs Rafa in the semis, he is far from the hard court level he had in Melbourne, Indian Wells, Miami. Can't hit the backhand as well as he did beginning of the year. Among other things. Not sure if it's the lack of preparation before the US Open or if the back is still a problem, or maybe both.

And I love Del Potro so it's all good, he would have multiple slams if not for his injuries

Fed made a ton of very clumsy mistakes tonight and when you do that and the other guy's ripping some ridiculous shots, that's not a recipe for success

I missed the interview. Don't think I've heard so many pulling for Fed's opponent in NYC but tough not to pull for DelPo and those fans made that atmosphere incredible

Yeah the interviewer said many people were expecting Nadal Federer in the semis, then couldn't finish his question because argentinans fans started chanting so he let Delpo thank them in spanish.

Did you watch the last sets vs Thiem? The atmosphere was incredible it didn't even sound like a tennis match more like a futbol match with fans all behind Delpo, without them don't think he would have won vs Thiem especially as he was sick

I went back outside and it was 2-1, I know a vaguely saw DelPo basically unable to stand up at some point

Yes he had been sick for two days before the match vs Thiem, almost withdrew before the match wasn't sure if he could play, hesitated to stop in the 1st or 2nd set. Stats during these sets, 0 aces 0 winners. Then took some pills, got a break at the start of the 3rd set and started to believe he could come back with the crowd behind him. Mouratoglou said on eurosport that was one of the craziest atmosphere he had witnessed at a tennis match in his life.

Let's see if he can replicate US Open 2009 when he beat both Rafa and Roger; he dismantled Rafa 6-2 6-2 6-2 that year. I think he can beat Nadal again this year, Rafa has not played a seeded player so far and was not tested at all even if he dropped a few sets along the way. I'll be pulling for Delpo

Will be another crazy atmosphere, Friday night in NYC, obviously the night match

How many Grand Slams a healthy Delpo would have won, do you think? I'm thinking minimum 5 something like 7-8 maybe, so many years wasted because of the wrist injuries even when he came back the 1st and 2nd time couldn't hit the backhand as he wanted anymore. I'm impressed about it now it's not the weakness I thought it would be vs Roger

They mentioned on the match, if he commits to hitting those slower spinning backhands cross-court he's been able to rip them down the line when the time calls for it...and a couple of those forehands were just rockets. I'm guessing about that range you mention, I'd assume he coulda gotten Rafa a time or two in the French as well while he was untouchable

Yes I agree. I thought Roger could exploit the Delpo backhand but no, Delpo was able to return it in a way that Roger couldn't hurt him too much, I felt Federer was frustrated that his game plan didn't work as well as he thought it would vs this Del Potro tonight, tried to go to the net more often in the end but made unusual mistakes then.

Running out of time to get a Fed Rafa match here, until 2009 it was Rafa who wasn't good enough at the US Open, since then Fed missed a few opportunities to play Rafa

I'm scared of del Portos pop gun backhand and nadal abusing it, having said that...fed failed to take advantage of it, and if he gets in position to rifle his forehand he gives anyone fits.

Plus the crowd will be rocking for him which only helps.....kind of torn so may just play del potro small

My gut and heart says busta somehow wins the early match, but my head is telling me Anderson can not lose if his serve is on...it's literally impossible to break unless Anderson breaks (mentally/physically whatever) it was sooooo massive in the 2 matches I saw him play, so again I'm torn, which I really hAvent been....kind of telling me to stay away again, but may take just both dogs small and hope one wins and not get fancy with sets/games

my guesses:

Anderson FTW. too much firepower for Busta

DelPo pushes Rafa to 5 sets w that big serve and rifle forehand but Rafa gets it done in the end

Yeah I agree here.

If Anderson continues to serve as well as he has, should beat PCB. Anderson won the 2 h2h vs PCB as well, last one in Montreal recently 6-3 7-6. I can see PCB taking one set but think Anderson wins.

As for Delpo, I'm a bit worried that fatigue finally catches up with him, I thought it would be vs Fed but here with most likely longer points it could benefit Rafa if we have long sets and perhaps 5 sets... But Delpo already beat Rafa on hard courts a few times so he I believe he can definitely do it again, I think it goes 4 or 5 sets and I hope Delpo wins

Went out of my means, going to keep going with the heater I'm on.... going busta ML,+4games,-1.5 sets, and -2.5 sets.

HopING he takes at least the 1 tiebraker early, and if Andersons serve is off, busta can hustle is way to straights (at least at +850, worth it)

Discliamer, Anderson has the ability to not drop a service game

put a fork in this match.... (since i've been watching really).... doing same stuff I did on him, but on del potro now

Back