2017 US Open ingame

81% first serves in set 1 from Lajovic has already made my under wager toast. 81%...jfc

Damn Rog just got schooled in his first service game. I really do enjoy watching Tiafoe play, he just plays like he gives no fucks

We've gotten 2 epic matches the first two nights. Curious what Fed said to Tiafoe as they shook hands, US men's tennis finally has a true up and coming star from what I can tell. Been a bunch of years. That was an incredible match tonight.

Exciting and electric player yes, now he needs to be more consistent, still only 19 so he has time to improve. Fritz could be good too.

Reactions: KJ
That was my third time watching Tiafoe and while he needs some seasoning and composure (the first serves weren't really finding their way in at crunch time) one thing that stood out was what the top players in the world do...return of service. He absolutely took some of Roger's best serves and not only put them in play but was able to create opportunities to score. That's remarkable.

Yeah the future of tennis looks brighter now with finally several young players who should be the stars of tomorrow. Tiafoe, Shapovalov, Fritz (?). Zverev and Kyrgios already near the top. Brad Gilbert said the most talented north american player could be Auger Aliassime, canadian player, I have not watched him play yet but he should be in the Grand Slams soon

Shhh I'm very into the upcoming Canadian talent and hope it presents value for at least a little while

But Tsonga -250 now. I might just play the over here and maybe a small play on Shap, Tsonga should be able to win if he's in good form, but I have not seen Tsonga play recently though

I think Tsonga is a shoe in for the quarters and maybe semis with that draw, then he becomes late major JoWilly

Even the french guys on eurosport are not that optimistic! Usually they're happy when they have french players in the 2nd week, but looking at the draw he could go far yeah

Even the french guys on eurosport are not that optimistic! Usually they're happy when they have french players in the 2nd week, but looking at the draw he could go far yeah

It's insane, and I'd never buy into French media, that's about as pessimistic as it gets lol...is there an easier path to the quarters than Jo and Cilic have? Of course there are up and comers but jfc that part of the bracket is full of potential and has beens. If he loses, it's gonna be because he lost, not because someone beat him, same for Cilic. Ton of heavy servers on serve but not really great skilled tennis players in general and Tsonga can break.

ATP imo is really about who has skill, these cats can all serve 130+, and to my point I want to be on the guy that can actually return and create break opportunities against those guys and there are very few of them out there but that what separates basically the top players in the world from the rest. It's why I'm not comfortable backing roughly the top 8-10 guys in the world. Most of these guys have no ability to break serve unless the top opponent does themselves in which obviously can happen, but it's like serve and hope.

Return of serve is why Murray, Fed, Nadal and Stan have been so dominant the last few years and two of them aren't playing. I do think the better Zverev might well win this tournament, be great if he meets his bro in the quarters. Think it could well be his tournament to shine and get in the discussion. Fed easy path too, escaped the danger zone tonight.

Nadal might have to face Dimitrov which would be must-watch if it happens, and I don't see who Sascha loses to remotely before the semis. No way I'd back Muller in the later stages, at his age he'll be spent. Isner will win a couple matches on serve but holy smokes that bracket is so easy for anyone competent.

This US Open is nuts

To be fair they did say he has a good draw but they prefer not to hype him too much after so many disappointments by the french players, mostly Monfils and Tsonga. Don't know about Fed, I wish he had Murray's draw and this guy withdrew a day early... possible Fed vs Kyrgios in the 4th round I believe.

Fed will kill Nick if it happens, think you see his A-game in that

Monfils is just so aloof yet so much fun to watch in big matches but I'll agree there, he doesn't have the composure to win anything meaningful. Doesn't mean I don't want to watch it lol

But Tsonga I trust for the most part, especially with that draw. That means he loses next round to your Canadian. But I doubt it.

With Kyrgios, I'll expand a bit. He brings all the talent and swagger in the world to a match but that is his downfall against the best of the best imo. Almost like they legitimately want to humiliate him, and the best can do exactly that. Like an extra sense of focus against him, he's failed at running under the radar. By a long way. If he and Roger meet up, I'm pretty sure Roger and Stan are pretty good friends which only enhances (imo again) that Roger will bring his best. And that's better than Nick by a mile and a quarter. Not good for Kyrgios. He made his bed and it's had a detrimental impact on his ability to beat any of the greats. He gave up the ability to sneak up and beat one of them out of the blue with his attitude, bullshit, etc...pretty convinced everyone who's worth a shit puts full focus into those matches. And that's not good for him.

Last edited:
Let's hope you're right regarding a possible Fed-Kyrgios matchup but I fear him he's capable of everything, from bad to great you don't know what you will get with him. His recent match vs Rafa he played incredible

Delpo -8

should be able to make easy work of Laaksonen, good swiss player but first year that he can qualifies directly for Grand Slams, first time on a center court in GS. If Delpo is in good form that should be a 6-3 6-3 6-2 type of match

Return of serve is why Murray, Fed, Nadal and Stan have been so dominant the last few years and two of them aren't playing. I do think the better Zverev might well win this tournament, be great if he meets his bro in the quarters. Think it could well be his tournament to shine and get in the discussion. Fed easy path too, escaped the danger zone tonight.

Nadal might have to face Dimitrov which would be must-watch if it happens, and I don't see who Sascha loses to remotely before the semis. No way I'd back Muller in the later stages, at his age he'll be spent. Isner will win a couple matches on serve but holy smokes that bracket is so easy for anyone competent.

This US Open is nuts

Even with a watered down bracket sans Joker, Andy, and Wawa, I will be SHOCKED if Zverev wins this tourney. dude has not been past the 4th round in a Major in his short career so going to the finals and actually winning will be really difficult unless he is playing another inexperienced player. I believe that Rafa, Fed, Berdych, Monfils, Thiem, from the other side of the draw would all beat him.

And on his side, I think Cilic or Tsonga would take him out.

He would have to make a huge leap from 4th round guy to Slam winner in a short amount of time. I don't see it.

By the way I think so too that Zverev will need some more time and experience of playing in the last rounds of a GS before he can win it, completely different than winning a few smaller tournaments in best of 3

Delpo -8

should be able to make easy work of Laaksonen, good swiss player but first year that he can qualifies directly for Grand Slams, first time on a center court in GS. If Delpo is in good form that should be a 6-3 6-3 6-2 type of match

Looks like he is sleep walking through this one

Yep just like other top players in their 1st matches unfortunately. Laaksonen playing well but Delpo should be winning this easily on a good day

Delpo lucky to win in 3 sets he didn't play well. Will need to play better or he will be in trouble vs Bautista Agut in the 3rd round

I love his game when he's motivated to play, but talent isn't enough. Fed was a headcase as a teenager but managed to turn it around and work hard to get to the top.

I'll be curious to see if Tomic continues to play tennis when he has to play challengers only with his ranking, he already admitted he didn't like tennis so he might just retire

Sorry, been a bit work heavy but I do really think this venue supports a first time winner more than any, hard court gives the heavy hitter a ton of chance, just reduces these incredible players who return so well to "the other guy"

I only have an opinion. It could be way off too.

I think tennistically Zverev could do it as well, just think it might be too early for him in Grand Slams with him having never reached the very last rounds in GS so far, but we shall see!

Even with a watered down bracket sans Joker, Andy, and Wawa, I will be SHOCKED if Zverev wins this tourney. dude has not been past the 4th round in a Major in his short career so going to the finals and actually winning will be really difficult unless he is playing another inexperienced player. I believe that Rafa, Fed, Berdych, Monfils, Thiem, from the other side of the draw would all beat him.

And on his side, I think Cilic or Tsonga would take him out.

He would have to make a huge leap from 4th round guy to Slam winner in a short amount of time. I don't see it.

Literally right on cue, Zverev goes down LMAO

My day will be off on the right track if Ostapenko can just give us one of her typical matches, winning 6-1 in the 3rd is perfectly fine with me

So in the mens' draw we basically have Roger and Nadal as massive faves but Roger has now played 10 sets in the first two rounds, not only can this be more wide open, I don't think there's much anyone can predict at this point. Guess now I have to lean to Nadal but that dude's body can break down at a moment's notice too.

And nice to see Monfils do what he do today lol

And Fed said in interview to eurosport right after the match that he's indeed struggling with his back...I'm not feeling very optimistic about GS #20 unless it improves fast

The thing about that #20 is he could
Do his routine from this year and win Wimbledon two more times. No clay season followed by grass could get him to twenty. He wI'll never play the French again and doesn't need to. I am rooting for it but the back is a definite concern.

I agree he won't play the French again and shouldn't, could add 4 years to his career by skipping it

Meant not optimistic to win #20 in 10 days by the way, I agree he shouldn't play the French Open again so has the best chances at Wimbledon like this year.

I just hope the back problem gets better quickly because he has a great chance at this US Open.

Nadal in early trouble this match is interesting

Can't believe ESPN isn't showing that match, I get it that Shap is the new Canadian darling but this match is gonna be very dry...and long. They're both playing for rallies, playing to each others' backhands

Cilic broke back, massive game from him. Starting to get the crowd pulling for the dog and that's pretty intense for early afternoon

Prolly gonna add more to Sakkari at this point with that news, Venus is so emotional and family oriented I've no clue how invested she'll be in this match. Of course she could steamroll but there's at least a situational opportunity that she's thinking about several other things.

I mean she's killed a guy and her sister is in labor, all in a couple months. That's gotta count for something.

Back