2017 Trade Deadline and Summer Thread...News/Rumors etc

Sam Amick reporting that Wilson Chandler starting to ask out of Denver.

That guy making 12m and 13m in the next two seasons, which is a complete steal for a player that versatile. Many teams should line up for Chandler, would expect the Spurs and Clippers to be very interested. He's the small ball 4 / versatile wing defender that they could both use.

Yep, Wilson Chandler would be a great pick-up for a team with playoff aspirations.

Story with @WindhorstESPN: Milwaukee has reached an agreement in principle to trade Miles Plumlee to Charlotte for Roy Hibbert/Spencer Hawes

WTF was Charlotte thinking ? Dude is in year 1 of a 4 year $ 50 million contract.

Dumbasses shouldn't have declined the option on Biyombo 2 season ago and perhaps they don't have to make this move if they had just agreed to an extension knowing the cap was going up very shortly.

It's astonishing how Miles is making $12 million a season and Mason is making $2.3. Plums better get fucking paid after next year

Bucks won big on that trade.

Chandler would be perfect for the Celtics no? The Celtics have a plethora of nets picks....

There was a rumor last week that Tyson Chandler was going to get traded to Portland. They need a big man and he would fit in well.

And if there's something Portland badly needs is an inside defensive presence. They got the scorers, just need some interior defense and rebounding.

Bulls might be interested in Okafor, give me Bobby Portis and Doug McDermott back

Bulls might be interested in Okafor, give me Bobby Portis and Doug McDermott back

:rofl:

Okafor ain't worth much, and the Bulls sure as hell aren't going to give up a guy that they would want to play alongside him in McDermott to acquire him.

If they could steal Denzel Valentine for him that would be a big win.

Chandler could help anyone's cause but I don't see the Celtics jumping in on him. He's incredibly affordable but don't see them looking to add more future salary, especially at the same position Crowder plays and Heyward would potentially play at too.

:rofl:

Okafor ain't worth much, and the Bulls sure as hell aren't going to give up a guy that they would want to play alongside him in McDermott to acquire him.

If they could steal Denzel Valentine for him that would be a big win.

i don't think what i posted was asking for much for the 3rd pick in the draft a year ago. 20 yr old with upside

Dudley I don't really agree tbh, early results don't really indicate that Okafor is better than Portis or McDermott. Bulls may be interested, but I doubt it'll cost more than a 2 and some cap fillers.

Holmes the guy Philly may end up dealing too, that's a flyer a bunch of teams may be willing to take. Will probably command a higher return than Okafor.

Dudley I don't really agree tbh, early results don't really indicate that Okafor is better than Portis or McDermott. Bulls may be interested, but I doubt it'll cost more than a 2 and some cap fillers.

Holmes the guy Philly may end up dealing too, that's a flyer a bunch of teams may be willing to take. Will probably command a higher return than Okafor.
Gus's we will see..

Okafor been one of the 5-10 worst players in the league who gets minutes. His ceiling right now appears to be a guy that can come in and score off the bench, but he hasn't even been good at that during his time in the league. Don't see many teams dying to give up assets so they can pay him 20m over the next 3 years. Especially not when everybody in the league knows Philly doesn't want to keep him.

Cavs supposed interest in Wilson Chandler (Nuggets), Derrick Williams (just waived), Josh Smith (China).

Melo talks all but over apparently.

Cavs supposed interest in Wilson Chandler (Nuggets), Derrick Williams (just waived), Josh Smith (China).

Melo talks all but over apparently.

Melo talks were probably never really a thing. Cavs have zero use for him.

Melo talks were probably never really a thing. Cavs have zero use for him.

Cavs have 0 use for half their roster. The key, is, does GM LeCramps want him? Because he's been running that ship for awhile and now once again is blaming management for hooking his boys up with crap deals.

Apparently people on here wouldn't trade a back up PG in the Antarctic league for okafor
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Sixers and Pelicans are discussing a Jahlil Okafor trade. Philly could get a first-rounder in the deal. <a href="https://t.co/XYxsK4veG3">https://t.co/XYxsK4veG3</a></p>&mdash; SB Nation NBA (@SBNationNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/SBNationNBA/status/828722266049503232">February 6, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">LeBron is doing Phil a big solid. <a href="https://t.co/q5D1yUJL3U">https://t.co/q5D1yUJL3U</a></p>&mdash; Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/828772849640943618">February 7, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" data-tweet-id="828772849640943618" title="Twitter Tweet" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 507.875px; padding: 0px; border: none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;"></iframe>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wow what a dumb dumb move this would be for Cleveland <iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" title="Twitter analytics iframe" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: block; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>Interesting passage from that article:

The Cavs front office may draw a line in the sand on this one. Coincidentally, former Bulls GM Jerry Krause recently told Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski that Michael Jordan never went to the Bulls front office and made any kind of similar request to as LeBron's.

"I will say one thing for Michael Jordan," Krause said. "(He) never came to me and asked for other players. He never came to me and asked me to draft a player. Never came to me and asked to trade for a player. Never once did that happen. Part of it was he thought he was so darn good he could win without 'em. He understood what we had to do as an organization."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...e=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSports+Twitter
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>

MJ wanted Walter Davis so bad back in the day to be his 'shooter'.

And I am sure something was said after getting assaulted inside when he came back.

Didn't Krause and Jackson have to run it by Jordan before they went out and got Rodman though (or at least that's how I remember it)? He might not have ever asked, but I'm sure they talked to him first anyways.

Love's balling and five years younger. I've been hearing Melo to the Cavs for 10 years. It's just bullshit from New York. Melo doesn't fit on any team. The Knicks suck and he's why.

Love's balling and five years younger. I've been hearing Melo to the Cavs for 10 years. It's just bullshit from New York. Melo doesn't fit on any team. The Knicks suck and he's why.
Tip
we all know this but also know lebron runs the show, Melo his boy for some reason.

What would Carmelo add? He's not a playmaker, he doesn't play D, and he doesn't rebound. Cavs don't have a scoring problem.

What would Carmelo add? He's not a playmaker, he doesn't play D, and he doesn't rebound. Cavs don't have a scoring problem.
Ask lebron tip

he is a black hole with the ball, ball just stops when he has it.
he never heard the word defense

I seriously doubt Lebron wants him at all. He knows how a team is built. Carmelo doesn't help Lebron beat Golden State, that's all that matters.

I don't want Carmelo even if I get him for two scrubs. He doesn't help me. Even if Lebron does want him, zero chance the deal involves Love. Lebron may have clout, but for Griffin to acquiesce, a deal would have to make a modicum of sense. Cavs need Love, they have no need for Carmelo.

That was a treat. Wiz should have won in regulation, Bron hit a circus turnaround bank shot 3 to tie, seconds after blowing the bunny.

Love had 39 and 12 tonight. If I were a New York writer, I'd start some Love for Carmelo rumors too. That trade has no shot. Zero.

That was a treat. Wiz should have won in regulation, Bron hit a circus turnaround bank shot 3 to tie, seconds after blowing the 4.5 step bunny.

Love had 39 and 12 tonight. If I were a New York writer, I'd start some Love for Carmelo rumors too. That trade has no shot. Zero.

Fixed

That was a treat. Wiz should have won in regulation, Bron hit a circus turnaround bank shot 3 to tie, seconds after blowing the bunny.

Agreed. I'm not buying for one second that Bron is pushing for a Love for Melo trade. He may be pushing for the Melo side of it, but no way he's pushing for Love to be involved. Regardless of how close he and Melo are, Bron is not an idiot when it comes to basketball, and there's zero chance he thinks they have a better shot with Melo than Love.

Send Melo to the Flippers and be done with it.

Honey Nut Cheerios has the final say anyway.

Back