***2017 Recruiting*** aka the LSU Thread...

Connor Murphy@CMurph_90 <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 2h2 hours ago</small>
It was a Netflix & Chill kind of night with @CoachJim4UM @umichfootball @espn #sleepover
CZK_KGnU8AIxk1X.jpg

the BIG ONE RAshard Lawrence announces tomorrow

between LSU and Ohio St, but most think LSU

would be an unreal get for CUM

Lawrence to OSU not happening despite an unbelievably attractive depth chart.

Getting big time DT's have been the only flaw in Urban's recruiting thus far. Tough to reel those kids in out of the south.

8 days to NSD and things are heating up.....our guys' forecast. Post if you got yours(especially if the names are on my shit lol)

Here are some tidbits to pass along with my thoughts on who is realistically still left on the board and who isn't going to end up in the class...
STILL IN IT:
Kristian Fulton
Deontay Anderson
Trayvon Mullen
Jauan Williams
E.J. Price
Greg Eiland
Scott Lashley
Lindsey Scott
Shyheim Carter
D’Andre Christmas-Giles
Sci Martin

OUT OF THE RACE:
Raekwon Davis
Stephon Taylor
Nigel Warrior
Jamel Cook
Rashan Gary
Brian Burns
Ben Davis
Lyndell Wilson
Jeffrey McCulloch
Dontavious Jackson
Jaleel Laguins
John Simpson

*** The recruits under the “still in it” slot are guys that they still have a shot at, at least when speaking in realistic terms given we are just eight days away from National Signing Day.
If you wanted to trim that list down even more, I would go as far as saying that - in terms of guys I could really see actually winding up in the class - the list probably trims down to a few less names..
I would have..
Fulton
Mullen
Williams
Scott
Carter
Christmas-Giles
Martin

I feel pretty good about Fulton winding up at LSU. That Florida visit is still looming large this weekend, but they also haven’t hired a new defensive backs coach, so that will make things even tougher on the Gators.
I still think Anderson winds up at Ole Miss, but perhaps he has a change of heart at the end? Seems unlikely, but LSU did host him this past weekend and sent defensive backs coach Corey Raymond and defensive coordinator Dave Aranda in-home with him on Monday.
LSU has put a ton of work in on Mullen. Raymond has never given up hope there and there’s some optimism that they may be able to close with Fulton and Mullen. FSU is the other team in it from talking to people close to Mullen. Keep an eye on whether or not he makes an unofficial visit to Tallahassee this weekend. That could be telling.
Williams really emerged onto the scene, at least publicly, late in the game for LSU. Jeff Grimes has put a lot of work in as the lead recruiter here, and there’s a chance you could see him pull off a national lineman late in the game for the second year in a row. Williams also likes FSU and Texas A&M. But the Seminoles are heavy on the offensive line already in the 2016 class and are the lead team for Landon Dickerson. That could have Williams looking closer at both the Tigers and Aggies. LSU will go in-home, Les Miles included, this week, visiting with both he and his mom and then his uncle on the same day.
As for the other three linemen listed, I still have them on the “IN” category because I think LSU has a shot, however slim it may be. I think Williams is the most likely of the group, but Price also made an official visit to LSU and has been getting in-home visits from the staff. And the same goes for Lashley and Eiland. The Mississippi boys are both expected to wind up at Mississippi State, with Eiland already committed to the Bulldogs and Lashley’s Crystal Ball reading 100-percent to MSU with a week until NSD. But, both of them are now set to make an official visit to LSU this weekend. It seems unlikely with these two, but Grimes could pull off something late, so they are worth monitoring.
It’s really tough for me to make a call on Scott as I’m not as familiar with his recruitment until recently when LSU extended an offer. With where we sit now, the teams in it are Maryland, Rutgers, Tulane and LSU. He visited Maryland and Rutgers this past weekend (despite all the bad weather), and he visited Tulane the weekend before that. He’s set to visit LSU this weekend. I know the Tigers are going to press him all the way until the end. They want him and he’s the only quarterback they are after right now. If you ask me my gut feel from just talking to a few people, I think he winds up in the class as long as no other offers come late in the game to cloud the waters even more. It’s not a lock by any means, because he’s going to do his due diligence and make sure he’s got all the info before committing and then signing next Wednesday. But with the recent press, I like LSU’s chances.
There have been some new developments with Carter, the in-state defensive back out of Kentwood. He never really showed LSU a ton of interest during his recruitment, and the Tigers never really pressed for him given Raymond had a nice DB board lining up. But Carter made a visit to Baton Rouge this week and is starting to think a little harder about staying home for college. I’m told by one person with knowledge of the situation that LSU likes Carter as an athlete, not necessarily just a cornerback. They feel he could play a number of positions, whether it be cornerback, safety, receiver or even running back. He’s just a kid who is too talented to pass up if he comes knocking at your door. That being said, Alabama is probably still the team to beat here. And Ole Miss is in the picture. But he’s worth keeping an eye on as he could potentially change directions and wind up staying in Louisiana for college.
Christmas-Giles is a guy I feel winds up leaving the state for college. Now, I could see LSU really turning up the heat over the final week, but if things ended today, I see him at Texas. It just seems like he’s a little more serious about some other schools despite being in New Orleans, and that’s probably because LSU came in late in the game. My gut tells me he winds up leaving Louisiana unless that big push comes to where he can’t say no. It’s worth noting that he visited Texas A&M this past weekend and will be at Ole Miss this weekend, though he cut the Aggies from his group of three current finalists: LSU, Texas and TCU. He’s certainly worth monitoring all the way down to signing day.
Martin is another one to keep an eye on. I can tell you that Orgeron really likes him, and he doesn’t want to see Martin leaving the state for college. Now, he’s coming off official visits to Alabama and LSU, then went public on Monday with comments about how he plans to sign with TCU and stick with his pledge to the Horned Frogs. But I’m also told that family wants him close to New Orleans for college, and we know that can be a real factor when it comes down to a kid making that final decision. Even though Martin is saying it’s a done deal, I think the window is still open there.
*** Now, how about the “out of the race” guys… I tossed in some names that we have talked about a lot over the past few months, but this group is pretty much done in regards to LSU’s chances with them. It would be shocking to me if anyone from that group winds up in Baton Rouge for college.
Some quick hitters on them…
I think Raekwon Davis winds up at Alabama barring a last-second change of heart for MSU.
I feel like Stephon Taylor probably follows Clifford Chattman to Florida State after his official visit there this past weekend.
Nigel Warrior will probably end up at Tennessee, following in his father’s footsteps.
Jamel Cook, the Miami native and FSU safety commitment, flirted with LSU briefly, but I think he sticks with FSU. He is no longer visiting Baton Rouge this weekend and will make an official visit to Alabama instead.
Rashan Gary will land at Michigan, Ole Miss or Auburn.
Brian Burns will land in the SEC East, whether that’s Georgia or Florida.
Ben Davis and Lyndell Wilson are two guys I’ve always felt ended up at Bama.
Jeffrey McCulloch will wind up at Texas from all I’ve gathered. I think Dontavious Jackson ends up going to Florida State.
I think UGA LB commit Jaleel Laguins sticks with the in-state team despite making an official visit to LSU.
John Simpson will probably wind up at Clemson over Florida unless Alabama really wins him over on his official visit there this weekend.

newly minted 5 star and now number1 player in LA CB Kristian Fulton has cancelled in home with Arky, but said not eliminated(ummm ok)

the FLA visit is up in the air now( WHAT?!) and one to Scary, TAMU could happen instead.

he seems a good kid, but man he is kinda wild with it

Carter is hard to read. I think it's Bama or Ole Miss. I will be very surprised if Anderson doesn't end up at Ole Miss. Gary is going to Michigan. Bama looks likely for Juarez. If Ole Miss lands all of their remaining targets they finish with the #1 class, but I don't think they sweep the board. It should be a top 5 class when the dust settles.

Carter is hard to read. I think it's Bama or Ole Miss. I will be very surprised if Anderson doesn't end up at Ole Miss. Gary is going to Michigan. Bama looks likely for Juarez. If Ole Miss lands all of their remaining targets they finish with the #1 class, but I don't think they sweep the board. It should be a top 5 class when the dust settles.

Agree on all, except the number1 spot

I say zero chance really

BUT a great class no doubt

I read lsu composite scores are pretty much a consensus number 1 across the board.

Osu definitely in top 3.

Great classes.

The defensive talent, especially on the dline this year is insane nationally.

I agree. Kid is great. Hope he's blue. I've seen crazy shit this time of the year.

If Alabama gets everyone we feel pretty good about, should get us the #2 class. Don't think we can pass LSU without them losing a commit. What a year for in state talent in Louisiana. Great job locking almost all of it down by Les.

Think we end up w/ Ben Davis, Mack Wilson, Shyheim Carter, Terrell Hall, Nigel Knott, Jared Mayden, Michail Carter, and Keith Gavin. Still have a shot at AJ Brown, Juarez, Demetrius Robertson, Jeffrey Simmons, Dontavius Jackson and Jamar King. Will be the most active NSD we've had in a while

Raekwon Davis - DT … Davis tweeted out last night that he was solid to Alabama, but also thanked Ed Orgeron (the only other school or coach he mentioned outside of Alabama in the post) for making “a major impact” on his life. You can obviously tell Orgeron really impressed him during his recruiting process. So, the Tigers aren’t done quite yet. I’m told to watch for Orgeron to visit with Davis today in Mississippi.
Jauan Williams - OT … Williams told a Rivals reporter this week that he had eliminated LSU, but that same night, he was on the phone with Jeff Grimes ironing out the details of them coming in-home. The staff went in-home last night, with Grimes and Les Miles in D.C. and Cam Cameron in Houston with his uncle. The Tigers are doing all they can after having him in for an official visit last weekend. He’s going to visit UGA this weekend, then announce on NSD. He’s also made official visits to FSU and Texas A&M. Stay tuned here. I think LSU is still very much still in it.
Lindsey Scott - QB … Scott took home the Warrick Dunn Award last night, which adds another trophy to his shelf after bringing home a state title for Zachary and winning this year’s Gatorade Player of the Year award. He told WAFB that he’s done to LSU and Maryland, but his father added that Tulane and Rutgers are still in the mix. My gut tells me he ends up with the Tigers or Terrapins. Today is a big day for LSU. They will go in-home with Scott, both visiting him at Zachary High and then going to his house. More tidbits coming on that visit here soon. LSU is expected to host him this weekend for his official visit.
Trayvon Mullen - CB … I have always felt like LSU had a real shot to close with Mullen and Kristian Fulton, and I still feel that way thanks to the efforts of Corey Raymond. I also trust Ryan Bartow on this one as he has been close with Mullen since he first emerged onto the scene as a recruit. And this morning, Bartow told me he’s confident with LSU ahead of Clemson and FSU as the third team. Mullen plans to announce on NSD after making his official visit to LSU this past weekend.
Kristian Fulton - CB … The biggest target left in Louisiana is certainly Fulton, and he’s arguably the top name left on the board. He visited LSU a couple weeks back, Arkansas last weekend and will now head to Florida this weekend. Without a DB coach in Gainesville, I see UF at a big disadvantage. I know he enjoyed the Arkansas visit, but I think Fulton’s heart is with LSU. I still expect him to be a Tiger.
Sci Martin - DE/OLB … Martin went public this week with comments about how he is solid to TCU and plans to sign with them on NSD despite visiting LSU this past weekend. I don’t think the door is completely shut there, though. Orgeron loves him and will continue to press, and I’ve been told by multiple people that his mom wants him close to her for college. We will see how things play out in the next week, but don’t completely write off the New Orleans native as a possibility.
Scott Lashley - OT … The four-star offensive tackle out of Mississippi has always been considered a lock to Mississippi State. But Grimes has continued to chip away, and now Lashley and his family are coming to Baton Rouge for an official visit on the final weekend before the dead period. This weekend will obviously be the determining factor as to whether or not the Tigers have a shot here. If Grimes adds a fourth lineman to the class, it seems it will be either Williams or Lashley.
Shyheim Carter - ATH … Carter is ranked as a cornerback on 247Sports, but LSU likes him as an athlete who can play on offense at RB or WR or on defense as a CB or S. He’s got versatility, for sure. Now, Carter never really warmed up to LSU, but this past week he made a visit to campus - which caught a lot of folks off guard, even on the LSU side. They are feeling him out to see where things really stand, but I think the feeling is still that Alabama leads for him. He is expected at Ole Miss this weekend, but there’s always a chance he surprises folks and drops into Baton Rouge for a day or two. We will continue to monitor things on that front.
D’Andre Christmas-Giles - DT … Christmas-Giles is now down to LSU, Texas and TCU, and he plans to visit Ole Miss this weekend. I think the Longhorns lead here from talking to people on all sides. I think there’s a chance he winds up in LSU’s class, but I don’t feel as confident about that as I do about guys like Fulton and Mullen. He's one of the guys I'm most interested in watching down the stretch. I still think the scales could tip towards the Tigers.
Greedy Williams and Cameron Lewis - CB and S … The pair of LSU commitments are in similar boats. Both guys made visits to Texas A&M last weekend and got in-home visits from both LSU and Texas A&M this week. LSU feels good about holding onto them both despite the push from the Aggies. Lewis has already made his official visit, and while LSU was in-home with him, he cancelled his visit to TCU that was planned for this weekend. The key with Williams is getting him and his family back to campus this weekend, and they have informed the staff that they will be there for Greedy’s official visit. Texas A&M is pushing for his brother, Rodarius Williams, to make his official visit to College Station this weekend after he skipped out on the visit last weekend when Greedy went. We will keep tracking where things stand there, but I can say both guys are telling the staff that they aren’t wavering.
Andre Anthony - DE … The LSU commitment will make his official visit to Memphis this weekend, but I don’t see anything developing from that trip. He’s been pretty firm to LSU, and as a New Orleans guys, he’s embraced playing with all these Louisiana recruits at LSU. If anything changes there, we will pass along what we hear.
Nigel Warrior - S … The four-star safety visited Baton Rouge earlier this month with his family, and the Tigers are still in the mix here - even though I think they are in the trail group with Tennessee the favorite to land him. That being said, the staff is still doing their rounds this week, so he will get an in-home visit. The Peach State standout heads to Tennessee for his final official visit this weekend.

• <input name="Post.Key" id="Post_Key" type="hidden" value="43226875"> <input name="Vote" id="Vote" type="hidden" value="1">
  • <input name="Post.Key" id="Post_Key" type="hidden" value="43226875"> <input name="Vote" id="Vote" type="hidden" value="2">

Davis is an interesting case. I can't for the life of me believe we'd take a sign and place that would count against our 25/85. I'm guessing we feel good about him qualifying or he signs with a juco on NSD

See if this pastes right. From Zach Abolverdi. Works for SECCountry.com, but before that he was at The Gainesville Sun. This is his predicted class for UF. He's a pretty sharp young guy, and if this class is right, I'll be happy.

Oh, and Twink... Gators are making a strong late push for Fulton. Not late as in we got to him late, just from what I've read, it's close. He's coming to G'Ville this weekend and the visit is to flip his Father mostly. Hahah...

At the end of January, this is what it’s all about.
Here is my last mock class, but I’ll make my final predictions Tuesday night and on my Crystal Ball page.
I’ve mentioned before that UF cornerback commit Antonio Nelson has some work to do in the classroom, but he’s visiting Florida this weekend and it looks like he’ll sign with the Gators. His grades will be worth monitoring in the coming months.
I still have UF at 29 signees.
* — mid-year enrollee
QB Feleipe Franks*
QB Kyle Trask*
RB Mark Thompson*
RB Lamical Perine
WR Tyrie Cleveland
WR Joshua Hammond*
WR/ATH Dre Massey*
WR Freddie Swain*
WR Rick Wells
TE Nick Eubanks
OL Stone Forsythe*
OL Brett Heggie
OL Jawaan Taylor
OL Malcolm Pridgeon
DT Shavar Manuel
DE Antonneous Clayton
DE Jachai Polite
DE Jordan Smith*
LB Vosean Joseph
LB Jeremiah Moon
LB David Reese*
CB McArthur Burnett*
CB Chauncey Gardner*
CB C.J. McWilliams
CB Antonio Nelson
CB Aaron Robinson
S Quincy Lenton
S Jeawon Taylor
K Eddy Pineiro*

Well, Eubanks committed to Michigan tonight so cross that off the UF list empire...

Yeah, I heard that. Kinda took me by surprise, actually. UF need a pass catching TE for depth at least this cycle. Have some young ones on campus already, but Mac's offense uses TE's a lot from what I've heard, and we saw some of that early in the season with McGee.

Eubanks might end up being the best TE in this class when it's all said and done. Like him better than the other guy who went to UGA. Quite a grab for Big Blue.

Yeah, I heard that. Kinda took me by surprise, actually. UF need a pass catching TE for depth at least this cycle. Have some young ones on campus already, but Mac's offense uses TE's a lot from what I've heard, and we saw some of that early in the season with McGee.

Eubanks might end up being the best TE in this class when it's all said and done. Like him better than the other guy who went to UGA. Quite a grab for Big Blue.

Good to know. Didn't know much about him until last few weeks.

He'll get used here. Saw comparisons to Funchess..as well...

every coach in the sec, big12, and the big 10 are on the phone right now with all these kids.

Even though everyone and their brother know that Ole Miss is shady as hell nothing comes from this at all.

Nothing more than a headline...

I believe their women's bball was already in trouble, which gives the whole AD repeat offender status. Could be serious. Great timing for other schools

This will have no impact on the current class and isn't related to football recruiting at least not this staff as I understand it. Also, if you think that the timing is coincidental I have a bridge to sell you.

Back