***2017 Recruiting*** aka the LSU Thread...

Charlie Scrong is leaving visitor weekend to go in home with Erick Fowler.....he has maintained his pledge is solid to LSU, however this kid lives right down the road from Austin.

Will be a sweat for Tiger fans...

El, what you hearing? I know they want him bad bad....so does LSU

Btw,

PWO...

In-state ATH Tru Wilson (Warren De La Salle) had offers from Army, Navy and Air Force.

Kid took serious offense to being asked if he'd consider a grayshirt if a spot was needed. He knew the deal going in. Might regret this once he gets his emotions in check. Maybe not though. His other offers are Wake Forest and South Alabama

Kid took serious offense to being asked if he'd consider a grayshirt if a spot was needed. He knew the deal going in. Might regret this once he gets his emotions in check. Maybe not though. His other offers are Wake Forest and South Alabama

Was he told this initially or did they just pop it on him that he won't be on scholarship in the fall?

Was he told this initially or did they just pop it on him that he won't be on scholarship in the fall?

Not sure. I'd like to believe he knew it was always a possibility. I mean, his two power 5 offers were Alabama and Wake. Being asked to wait 4 months for Alabama doesn't seem like the worst thing in the world. I'm sure it's an ego hit, but doubt he was going to see anything but the practice squad anyway. Plus, it wasn't even for sure, just that it might happen

Not sure. I'd like to believe he knew it was always a possibility. I mean, his two power 5 offers were Alabama and Wake. Being asked to wait 4 months for Alabama doesn't seem like the worst thing in the world. I'm sure it's an ego hit, but doubt he was going to see anything but the practice squad anyway. Plus, it wasn't even for sure, just that it might happen

I do agree with you that he may very well end up turning down the grayshirt offer

Charlie Scrong is leaving visitor weekend to go in home with Erick Fowler.....he has maintained his pledge is solid to LSU, however this kid lives right down the road from Austin.

Will be a sweat for Tiger fans...

El, what you hearing? I know they want him bad bad....so does LSU

the texas fan site i pay for is calling it 50/50. if they're saying that, it doesn't sound good. apparently the dad wasn't there for the in home visit, so charlie is meeting with him personally.

We rarely have NSD drama but there are like 5-6 guys with Clemson in Top 3 heading into this weekend so going to be interesting. We have a great start on 2017 though

the texas fan site i pay for is calling it 50/50. if they're saying that, it doesn't sound good. apparently the dad wasn't there for the in home visit, so charlie is meeting with him personally.

Please tell me you're not giving Ketchum any money

I'M guessing that means that Saban heard what he wanted to hear from Juarez.

Apparently Juarez' dad died yesterday. Terrible news if true, and you'd think that would result in him staying out west to be closer to family

interesting tid bit though:

texas only offered 2 LBs. one is a brother of a kid on the team now, and has been committed for over a year. the other is a kid outta DC, aaron hansford.

that means they must feel pretty damn good about the kids uncommitted: fowler, jeffrey mcculloch, and dontavious jackson. figure they need two more LBs to go with what they have already. and we know this staff closes pretty strong if we look at last year's class

i'm guessing it'll be mcculloch and jackson, and LSU gets fowler.

Damn. Didn't his uncle die a couple of weeks ago?

Not sure on the uncle, but I think the info on his dad was untrue. If so, that's good news certainly. Crazy what gets out there this time of year

4 star CB Nigel Knott commits to Alabama. He's on the small side, but has elite speed

From a USC site:
Kongbo

Sounds like Kongbo has played almost every staff in America. This decommitment never really happened. From the sound of things, he's been instructed to tell every staff he visits he's coming. This is to insure that that staff holds a spot open for him and then they end up with no player or a sh!tty one.

It seems that only Nick Saban was able to see through the bullsh!t. He was tipped off by another coach that this was happening and then moved his visit to the following week. Kongbo then canceled the visit all together.

Butch Jones has pulled some serious strings with this one and the NCAA should start looking into his program. If he's willing to do this, what else is he capable of? I'm sure there's a lot of stuff being covered up in Knoxville. That maybe the dirtiest staff in America

One of our guys says to watch out for Clemson and Auburn for Rashan Gary

We've been told Gary is truly 50/50 Clemson to Michigan

He's had a long relationship with UM though so we'll see

Gary is UM fellas

Imo 90 michigan and 10 Clemson. Just too many visits to michigan. Heart says 50/50 but head knows it's a longshot at best. Oh well...we still had three early enrollee 5-stars on defense

I expect our 2017 class to be 75-80% full by the summer as well

If it was up to him all the way he would be at Ole Miss I think.....I heard someone dropped an n bomb tho on a visit

Looks like safety Isaiah Simmons will be committing to Clemson tonight over Michigan and Nebraska

El yall probably get Christmas-Giles who came on late and has 30 offers now....be a good one I think

Back