***2017 Recruiting*** aka the LSU Thread...

Schrute:

Word is John Simpson isn't the Clemson lock as thought and is looking at LSU and FLA......empire? Dwight?

Yeah I've heard a lot more Florida traction than LSU on our premium board. The more it drags out the less it is in Clemson's favor

the qb situation for LSU is interesting......I wonder if they pull Haskins. I am really bummed they didn't offer L Scott.

TX guys how do yall think yall finish? Interesting form, so I assume its a ton out on the table....

Alabama cutting some commitments loose, we must like what we've been hearing from some others

post em please...

Yulee decommitted a couple of days ago. He was a severe grade risk and isn't exactly the best citizen out there. Ridley's little bro was never a commit, and we would have certainly taken his commitment and had him enrolled next week, but when he picked first SCAR, then UGA, I've heard we weren't exactly blowing up his phone trying to get him to reconsider

Devin White to LSU

yep

I assume to play RB since he is the only one we went after, but man he would be a sick LB.....maybe both ways LOL

arrest record aint great, but this class will be the best in LSU history and a clear number 1

Twink,

Hunt and myself have seen enough of your ole boy Franks...he sucks...might be addition by subtraction...

Agree w/ Grove. It was obvious he would be a dawg when he decomitted from Noles. Pretty happy with our haul so far. Good showing in the UA, and some targets on the field at the ARMY All American. Shaping up to be a good class. Filling voids w/ potential.

Agree w/ Grove. It was obvious he would be a dawg when he decomitted from Noles. Pretty happy with our haul so far. Good showing in the UA, and some targets on the field at the ARMY All American. Shaping up to be a good class. Filling voids w/ potential.

whats up with Jamel Cook? LSU with a super duper late offer.....see my reasons in previous posts

hearing anything?

S will be the position for Cook.

Joyner has been reported as part of our class. But until ink is on paper, who knows.

247 has LSU with slight edge( it's fun to see, and def the best site....at least down South).....I think yall get him, I was just shocked

LSU seems to be dealing contingency plans to FLA and TX kids (states, not school).....Fulton is the wildcard

LSU guys are still saying Ohio St is a real threat for Neville 5 star Rashard Lawrence

doubt it, but our guys says its real

One time 2017 AUB commit Lowell Narcisse decommits as expected....kid will be a Tiger, but an LSU Tiger more likely

There are rumblings that we are bigger players for R. Gary than universally reported, but nothing concrete. Our big official visit weekend is next weekend. National title celebration is naturally scheduled for then, home basketball game against LSU. Don't know the list of OVs, but that seems to be the weekend we've told most of our targets to come in on our dime

Here’s a quick rundown on who will be making an official visit to LSU this weekend. There’s a good chance another name or two is added to the list, so we will update that as the week goes on…
[h=2]LSU commitments[/h]Ed Alexander - DT
Andre Anthony - DE
Donavaughn Campbell - OG
DaMonte Coxie - WR
Cam Lewis - S
Glen Logan - DT
Jamal Pettigrew - TE
Rahssan Thornton - LB

[h=2]LSU targets[/h]Kristian Fulton - CB
D'Andre Christmas Giles - DT
Rashard Lawrence - DT
Nigel Warrior - S
Willie Allen - OT

**** There will be eight LSU commitments on campus, so that’s a great start. With four early enrollees already in classes (Saivion Smith, Michael Divinity, Devin White, Stephen Sullivan) and Dee Anderson expected to enroll here within a week, they could have as many as 13 of the current 20 commitments on campus and together this weekend. That’s huge when it comes to having the group and their families all bond and take in the weekend’s official visit together. It’s also a big bonus to have these guys help recruit the five official visitors who are not currently committed anywhere. As I noted from my time in Orlando at Under Armour, the current commitments are doing a really good job of staying on top of the uncommitted guys and selling them on signing with LSU.
**** Of the official visitors who are committed to LSU, I think it’s worth keeping an eye on Coxie, Logan and Pettigrew. All three guys have talked about making official visits to other places, with Coxie looking at Alabama, Logan looking at Miami and Pettigrew still feeling out a couple different schools. The staff is hoping that this weekend answers all questions they have and sells them on LSU being the right choice. I’m interested to hear reactions from those three come Sunday once their visits are finished.
**** Getting Fulton to campus this weekend is obviously big for the staff. Corey Raymond and Frank Wilson have been after him for as long as any cornerback in this class, and he will come in with his family from Friday until Sunday. He’s then set to visit Arkansas the following weekend and Florida on the final weekend before NSD. I still maintain that the Gators are the biggest competition. Fulton told me that they have really impressed him and given him something to think about. But a successful weekend in Baton Rouge will go a long way towards keeping the four-star home for college.
**** Lawrence had initially told me that he would not make any official visits, instead bringing coaches into his home for a visit and then announcing his decision. But the LSU staff was able to convince him to come in this weekend before he settles into that final decision. Alabama is definitely out of it. This is LSU vs. Ohio State. Lots of folks are feeling good about him staying home for college, but I can tell you that sources on the LSU side still view Ohio State as a big threat. This weekend’s official visit was one they really wanted to make happen before he announced, so I can’t underscore how big it is that he’s coming. We should have a better feel on where things really stand for the five-star once things wrap up on Sunday.
**** Christmas-Giles is another DT to keep an eye on, and being from New Orleans and playing at St. Augustine obviously gives LSU a leg up when it comes to recruiting against all the out-of-state schools that have offered (he’s now over 30 scholarship offers). He was once committed to Tennessee, but dropped the Vols after he made his official visit to Texas (and on that same weekend, he was offered by LSU). Lots of folks are calling him an LSU lock right now, but I want to see how this weekend goes. I know he really likes Texas and still is in talks with a number of schools. But this will be his first visit to campus since his recruitment took off, so I could see the Tigers locking him down after he and his family spend the weekend on campus with the staff and other recruits.
**** Warrior is the wildcard. Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama and LSU are all in the mix here, and he will visit Baton Rouge this weekend, Tuscaloosa the following weekend and then Knoxville on the final weekend before NSD. He made an official visit to Ohio State already, and I’m sure there will be some buzz about the Peach State native visiting Georgia at some point in January. He’s a Top 100 guy and the No. 3 safety in the country, so he’s obviously being pulled in different directions. It’s also worth noting that his dad, Dale Carter, played football at Tennessee and was a first-round NFL Draft pick. But this weekend will be LSU’s shot to really sell him on playing defensive back for the Tigers and being under both Raymond and Dave Aranda. We will catch up with him after the visit to gauge how much of a splash LSU made.
**** I’ll finish with some good news. I think this weekend will be it for Willie Allen. My guess is that the John Curtis standout will make his official visit with family, then see that all the boxes are checked off for him and he will announce his commitment to LSU. He told me his decision (whatever it may be) is already made. He could still make some official visits later this month, but I bet LSU will wind up being his lone January trip. The staff has made him a big priority and I think it’s going to pay off. It should be noted that TCU made a really strong push here, as did Georgia

In other news, number 1 overall recruit for 2017 since he began jerking off and got offers in 8th grade

Dylan Moses going to IMG Academy....this school LOL.

Long way to go, but it tilts more to a Bama than LSU deal at this point......not being "in state" anymore

will be intersting and a big battle.....IMG is a tad annoying. Seems we going AAU, which killed baskets IMO

There are rumblings that we are bigger players for R. Gary than universally reported, but nothing concrete. Our big official visit weekend is next weekend. National title celebration is naturally scheduled for then, home basketball game against LSU. Don't know the list of OVs, but that seems to be the weekend we've told most of our targets to come in on our dime

What ya hearing?

He is at USC this week. Next week he has an unoffical to UM.

His best friend, and PSU commit is visiting UM this weekend.

In other news, number 1 overall recruit for 2017 since he began jerking off and got offers in 8th grade

Dylan Moses going to IMG Academy....this school LOL.

Long way to go, but it tilts more to a Bama than LSU deal at this point......not being "in state" anymore

will be intersting and a big battle.....IMG is a tad annoying. Seems we going AAU, which killed baskets IMO

Kinda OT, but rumor has it Jimmy is trying to get part of spring practice down in Florida...at IMG...freaking brilliant if true.

What ya hearing?

He is at USC this week. Next week he has an unoffical to UM.

His best friend, and PSU commit is visiting UM this weekend.

Like I said, nothing definite. Just that we are in it more than most believe. Don't think he goes anywhere but Michigan at this point, but we're giving it our all

Frank Wilson to UTSA

sucks for LSU, badly

great recruiter

I thought this was a great hire, much better than hiring a retread like Houston Nutt. . The program could have been in serious trouble when Coker resigned and having lost both coordinators since just about every other school has already made their hires. I would assume Wilson is tied into the Houston area well and that is such a talent rich area that he can nibble around the big boys and keep UTSA competitive in C-USA.

I thought this was a great hire, much better than hiring a retread like Houston Nutt. . The program could have been in serious trouble when Coker resigned and having lost both coordinators since just about every other school has already made their hires. I would assume Wilson is tied into the Houston area well and that is such a talent rich area that he can nibble around the big boys and keep UTSA competitive in C-USA.

Wilson is just Wilson

he is gonna get kids and he will be a HC at a big show soon

LA Gatorade POTY Lindsay Scott JR, QB decommits from Syracuse

Id love for him to get an LSU offer late, but looks like Tulane may get him

gonna post a big update from our boards.....anyone feel free to chime in on any info.....in fact, please do

looks like Ohio St may get a pledge from Haskins today...

Here are a ton of tidbits to pass along, with much more to come...
Edwin Alexander - DT
LSU landed Alexander on an official visit this past weekend, and he’s maintained that he’s solid with his decision and wants to play under Ed Orgeron. Alexander said his spring will be about closing strong in the classroom to be able to enroll in Baton Rouge for June.
Glen Logan - DT
The four-star out of New Orleans made his official visit this weekend, but Miami is trying to make a press to flip him away from LSU’s class. With Frank Wilson gone from the staff, Ed Orgeron - a one-time Miami staff member - has taken over Logan’s recruitment. Logan could visit the Hurricanes on one of the final two weekends before NSD.
Andre Anthony - DE
Anthony confirmed after his official visit to LSU that he’s solid with the Tigers and likely won’t be making any other official visits. Anthony said new DC Dave Aranda talked to him at length about playing both defensive end and outside linebacker in Baton Rouge.
Rahssan Thornton - OLB
Thornton has been one of LSU’s most vocal commitments in the class, constantly reassuring fans of how solid he is despite playing high school football in the Lone Star State. Following his official visit to LSU this weekend, Thornton confirmed he won’t make any more visits and will sign with the Tigers on NSD.
Donavaughn Campbell - OG
Campbell said he was blown away by the LSU visit, which was welcomed news with official visits to Alabama and Georgia Tech looming. The four-star guard out of Ponchatoula has options, but he’s maintained that it would take a lot to flip him away from LSU’s class.
DaMonte Coxie - WR
Coxie and his family made their official visit this weekend, and Coxie said the highlight was getting a chance to sit down with the coaches and speak at length about the school and their plans to use him at the next level. Coxie said he’s happy with his decision, but a late offer from Alabama could land the Tide a visit on one of the next two weekends. Coxie said he hasn’t scheduled any other visits yet, but would know of his plans by midweek.
Jamal Pettigrew - TE
The four-star tight end out of New Orleans visited LSU with his parents this past weekend, and all signs point to Pettigrew sticking with his pledge. But it’s worth monitoring that other schools are still pressing for his services, and with Kristian Fulton set to visit Arkansas and Florida, Pettigrew could also wind up seeing another SEC program before NSD arrives, particularly Gainesville on the final weekend before NSD. We should know more about his visit plans over the next few days.
Cameron Lewis - S
Lewis told the Geaux247 staff that the LSU visit this past weekend was everything he needed to see, and he was able to go over things with Dave Aranda for the first time, which left him even more confident in his decision. While Lewis said he still plans to sign with the Tigers, he’s not done looking around quite yet. The Monroe native will make an official visit to Miami this weekend and TCU on the final weekend before NSD. The Horned Frogs are LSU’s biggest competition for the nation’s No. 12 safety prospect.
Willie Allen - OT
The four-star offensive tackle out of New Orleans was joined by his family on this weekend’s official visit to LSU, and it appears the Tigers are trending like no other team at this stage in Allen’s recruitment. TCU and Georgia also landed official visits, and potential trips to Ole Miss and Auburn are still looming. But if Allen decides to shut things down early, an announcement could come as soon as Tuesday, a source told the Geaux247 staff. LSU holds a big lead on the 247Sports Crystal Ball.
E.J. Price - OT
Price spent the weekend in Baton Rouge on his official visit, but the Tigers are battling uphill for the Peach State standout. The four-star has a double-digit offer list, but the feeling is that he stays home and signs with the Bulldogs. LSU will follow up this weekend’s official visit with an in-home visit from the staff this week. Outside of Georgia and LSU, teams to watch include Auburn and Michigan.
Kristian Fulton - CB
Fulton went as far as naming LSU his leader to ESPN following his visit this weekend, but there’s still two weeks and two more visits before the five-star cornerback has to sign with a college. The biggest trip fans are watching is Fulton’s trip to Florida on the final weekend before NSD, with the Gators making a big push for his services over the past two months. It’s worth monitoring whether or not UF hires a new defensive backs coach before Fulton’s visit arrives, and Corey Raymond’s decision to stay put in Baton Rouge has played a big role in helping keep LSU in the lead group. Fulton plans to announce his decision on signing day.
D’Andre Christmas-Giles - DT
The St. Augustine defensive tackle made his official visit to LSU this past weekend, and it was his first visit outside of spring game and junior days, so he really was taking in the full scope of things for the first time. He landed his offer from LSU last month, so with more than 30 offers on the table, the three-star prospect is keeping his options open. He told the Geaux247 staff that his lead group with two weeks to go is LSU, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas and Ole Miss, and the Longhorns, Horned Frogs and Tigers have all landed official visits.
Rashard Lawrence - DT
It was the weekend that LSU fans had been waiting on. The five-star out of Monroe made the drive to Baton Rouge with his family for an official visit, and now the Tigers appear to be trending to land the state’s No. 1 prospect with five days to go until he makes his announcement. Lawrence has confirmed that he’s down to LSU and Ohio State, with both teams landing official visits and now set to get in-home visits this week before he announces at Neville High on Friday.
Nigel Warrior - S
The four-star safety out of Georgia made his official visit to LSU this past weekend, but it’s an uphill battle for the Tigers on a number of fronts. Georgia is the home state team and has pressed him for a long time, and Alabama has turned up the heat across the past year. And then there’s Tennessee, with Warrior’s father coming out of Knoxville as a first round pick in the NFL Draft. The Volunteers will get Warrior’s final official visit before NSD, and he’s set to visit Alabama this weekend.
Tanner Lee - QB
The Tulane transfer quarterback made an official visit to Baton Rouge this weekend with his family, and the Tigers could be in line to land his services. Other teams are trying to get into the mix, with Nebraska reportedly reaching out recently. If Lee transfers to an FBS school and lands a medical redshirt, he would sit out next season and then have two years of eligibility remaining.
Anthony Russo - QB
The three-star quarterback out of Pennsylvania decommitted from Rutgers last week, but after an official visit from LSU head coach Les Miles and offensive coordinator Cam Cameron didn’t land him an offer, Russo elected to end his recruitment once again, this time committing to Temple.
Dwayne Haskins - QB
The four-star quarterback has become LSU’s top target, and Cam Cameron went in-home with Haskins last week and will do the same this week. One better, the Tigers will get to host Haskins and his family in Baton Rouge on his official visit to LSU this weekend. He visited Maryland this weekend, but it appears that things are trending towards Haskins dropping his pledge to the Terrapins and narrowing things down to LSU and Ohio State. He’s already made his official visit to OSU. Monday might be worth monitoring as smoke around Ohio State is that they will land three commits in a 24-hour span, hinting that Haskins might be one of them.
Thomas MacVittie - QB
The Pitt commitment visited the Panthers this past weekend, where he was able to meet for the first time with the team’s new offensive coordinator after Jim Chaney departed for Georgia last month. It’s likely that MacVittie stick with Pitt. LSU offensive coordinator Cam Cameron plans to fly to Ohio this week to go in-home and see where things stand with MacVittie.
Lindsey Scott Jr. - QB
The Zachary High standout dropped his commitment to Syracuse on Sunday, electing to reopen his recruitment with just two weeks until NSD. This could be good news for Tulane, with the Green Wave’s new coaching staff turning up the heat in recent weeks.
Trayvon Mullen - CB
Mullen made his official visit to Clemson this past weekend, and he’s now set to make his fifth and final official visit to LSU this weekend. Mullen said the key to the weekend will be getting to know new DC Dave Aranda, and his longstanding relationship with Corey Raymond could end up bringing the four-star out of Florida into LSU’s 2016 class. Mullen also made official visits to Florida State, TCU and Louisville, and he’s named those five his finalists. Most feel it’s a race between LSU and FSU.
Erick Fowler - LB
LSU fans have often wondered if Fowler would flip to the in-state Longhorns, but Texas hasn’t become much of a threat for the four-star and Top 100 linebacker. That being said, Fowler made his official visit to Texas this past weekend, but there hasn’t been any smoke that points to things changing on the Manor native’s front. Fowler has maintained that he wants to sign with LSU, and he will make his official visit to Baton Rouge this weekend.
Jamel Cook - S
The Florida State commitment has been keeping his ear open to other colleges, and LSU’s Corey Raymond has gotten in with the Miami standout and landed the Tigers a visit late in the game. Cook made an official visit to Louisville this past weekend, and is now set to see Southern Cal this weekend before visiting Baton Rouge on the final weekend before NSD. But don’t count out the Hurricanes, with the new staff making the local four-star a big priority.
Raekwon Davis - DT
The Meridian (Miss.) native had an odd Sunday. After making his official visit to Mississippi State, the Alabama native apparently told Dan Mullen that he was flipping to the Bulldogs. The news broke, only for Davis to later deny that he ever flipped. Later in the day, Davis then recanted the reports, instead saying that he had flipped from the Tide to the Bulldogs. It’s clearly a situation that will play out until signing day with a visit to Tuscaloosa still on his planner. LSU was hoping to land a late visit from the four-star, but Sunday’s decision to commit to the Bulldogs might have sealed the Tigers’ fate.
Stephon Taylor - DT
The New Orleans standout visited Texas this past weekend, and it doesn’t appear the Tigers will land an official visit before signing day arrives - unless he announces late in the game that he will visit Baton Rouge on the final weekend of the open contact period. Taylor is set to visit Florida State this weekend, and he will be bringing one-time LSU commitment and current McDonogh 35 teammate Clifford Chattman. Both Taylor and Chattman now have offers from the Seminoles.
Deontay Anderson - S
Anderson was part of a big group of official visitors at Texas this weekend, but the Longhorns haven’t ever appeared to be much of a threat for the Manvel standout. This late push from UT could make the four-star safety thing twice about his decision, as could this weekend’s official visit to LSU. The Tigers love Anderson at safety in this class, but Ole Miss (who has his final official visit on Jan. 29) is the team to beat.
Drake Davis - WR
The four-star wide receiver is committed to LSU, making his pledge a couple weeks back at the Under Armour All-America Game. But this past weekend, Davis made an official visit to Alabama, and he could visit Oxford on one of the final two weekends before NSD. The Tigers are working to hold onto the IMG Academy standout, and the Baton Rouge native has been firm with his stance that he’s happy with his choice to return home and play at LSU.
Greedy Williams - CB
The longtime LSU cornerback commitment is taking some trips late in the process, having made an official visit to Oklahoma State this past weekend, Texas A&M next weekend and LSU on Jan. 29, which gives the Tigers the final crack before NSD. Williams’ brother, Rodarius Williams, is committed to OSU and made the official visit to Stillwater with him this past weekend.
Dontavious Jackson - LB
It’s worth keeping an eye on the Texas standout, even if the Tigers are on the outside looking in. Jackson has made official visits to UCLA, Florida State and Michigan, and then spent the past three days at Florida. He will now make his fifth and final official visit to Alabama this weekend. That leaves him without any more official visits, but he could make an unofficial visit somewhere on the final weekend before NSD, whether that be a school in the Lone Star State or LSU. The Tigers will go in-home with Jackson this week.
John Simpson - OG
The four-star offensive lineman has already made his official visit to LSU (Nov. 14), and he spent this past weekend at Florida, who is also considered a frontrunner for the South Carolina native’s services. Simpson told the 247Sports staff on Sunday that Florida, LSU and Clemson are now tied at the top. Simpson will now make an official visit to Clemson this weekend and Alabama on Jan. 29, and he will then announce his decision on NSD. Clemson is considered to be the frontrunner.
Sci Martin - LB/DE
The New Orleans native is committed to TCU, but a final stretch of official visits has the McDonogh 35 standout looking at other options. He spent the past weekend on Alabama’s campus for his official visit, and he’s now scheduled to visit LSU this weekend, where he will get to meet with LSU defensive coordinator Dave Aranda in Baton Rouge for the first time.
Eric Monroe - DB
The longtime LSU commitment is all but locked in with the Tigers, but LSU appears to have one more hurdle to overcome. Following his official visit to LSU this weekend, Monroe said he’s eyeing a potential official visit to Texas A&M on Jan. 29, which will be a big weekend for the Aggies and in-state recruits on campus. Whether Monroe makes that trip remains to be seen, but this weekend’s three-day stay in Baton Rouge should be enough to keep the Houston native on board until signing day.
Dee Anderson - WR
Anderson is hoping to be enrolled at LSU as early as this week, having completed his correspondence courses and finishing a final exam on Saturday. If he gets the go-ahead, Anderson will be able to take classes at LSU this spring and participate in workouts with the team five months before the rest of the 2016 signees arrive.

E.J. Price - OT
Price spent the weekend in Baton Rouge on his official visit, but the Tigers are battling uphill for the Peach State standout. The four-star has a double-digit offer list, but the feeling is that he stays home and signs with the Bulldogs. LSU will follow up this weekend’s official visit with an in-home visit from the staff this week. Outside of Georgia and LSU, teams to watch include Auburn and Michigan.

Haven't heard anything about him here in a month or two...fwiw

Just released Top 5 40 minutes ago...

Dontavious Jackson - LB
It’s worth keeping an eye on the Texas standout, even if the Tigers are on the outside looking in. Jackson has made official visits to UCLA, Florida State and Michigan, and then spent the past three days at Florida. He will now make his fifth and final official visit to Alabama this weekend. That leaves him without any more official visits, but he could make an unofficial visit somewhere on the final weekend before NSD, whether that be a school in the Lone Star State or LSU. The Tigers will go in-home with Jackson this week.

CZBd-ptUwAA0KZu.jpg

Back