***2017 Recruiting*** aka the LSU Thread...

its dirty

I cant believe Bama is still on Jacoby........fuck me man, dont they have enough?!

that also tells me how good he is

Grove, I saw the same thing somewhere. I'll believe it once he announces. These kids flip like it is going out of style.

Also saw where we picked up a former BAMA LB from the JUCO ranks. Anyone have information on him? (Adonis Thomas)

I remember the name, but not much else. No clue why it didn't work out with us

so

they basically said, you can come here.....may need you to gray shirt tho/we dont have a scholly for you right now, sorry

Elbutre

Just playing around I saw TX played some of the LA kids.....Mal Roach, Wilbon and others......the team sucked, but these guys any good for them?

Elbutre

Just playing around I saw TX played some of the LA kids.....Mal Roach, Wilbon and others......the team sucked, but these guys any good for them?

malcom roach is essential to the longhorns. real versatile.

it's gonna be interesting to see if we can still pull kids from LA with herman. i don't know if we'll have to if he can do as advertised and shut down houston to the cajun invaders.

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Five-star RB Cam Akers has confirmed that he has changed his decision date, pushing it up from the Army All-American Bowl in January to Dec. 27th at 7 p.m.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]What does that mean for LSU’s chances?[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]I’ve talked to some people on all different sides, and I still think Florida State has a slight edge on LSU. But I also don’t think it’s completely over, and - no surprise - there is a third team to really watch and that is Ole Miss. There is still a week to go, and we’ve seen many kids go back-and-forth with their decisions. Don’t be shocked if Akers is going through a bit of that right now. Nearly everyone that I’ve spoken with thinks the Seminoles have a slight edge over LSU and Ole Miss, but nothing where anyone spoke in definitives. I think a lot of people are just reading the tea leaves here.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Now, what’s up with Ole Miss? I’ve always thought the Rebels have a great shot with any kid in their own backyard, but people seem confident it’s not the Rebels. And I get it. The outside perception is that “why would a kid go to Ole Miss right given all that’s going on?”. And I get that. That said, the Ole Miss side is a little more confident that they have a realistic shot with Akers now that he’s announcing in Clinton, Miss., and not in San Antonio. They feel like that lends some credence to him staying home for college. Hugh Freeze and his staff have circled Akers as priority No. 1 and have put a ton into him. I will keep digging there, but I will say to not count them out.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]It’s also worth noting that Ohio State never sent Urban Meyer in-home with him, and people I’ve spoken with said it won’t be the Buckeyes. I think Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama are all trailing, also. Those were other teams in the mix all along, but I don’t see them landing him. I really feel it’s come down to LSU, FSU and Ole Miss.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Now, FSU’s selling point is that Dalvin Cook is gone and he could step in and fill that role. I’m told they don’t really have a ton of faith in anyone on the current roster being that permanent lead back, which is why they are pressing hard for running backs in this class. Now, they do have two current commits in Khalan Raborne, a Top 50 prospect, and Zaquandre White, who is the nation’s No. 9 running back. I’m told FSU doesn’t feel that scares off Akers. Some logical reasons why he would choose FSU include it being an open competition, competing for championships and playing for a coaching staff that has some stability. Some reasons he wouldn’t pick the Noles might include it being far from home, it not being in the SEC, etc. And LSU fits those reasons, with Baton Rouge being close to his family, him getting to play on a talented team in the SEC and, now, a stable coaching staff. Ole Miss and LSU certainly have the proximity to home and SEC factor going for them, and I think that’s a hurdle FSU has had to overcome.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]I have not put in a Crystal Ball pick yet as I am still not completely confident on which direction he goes. I talked with a lot of different people this morning and there are varying opinions. I did find out some details on why FSU suddenly surged in the past couple weeks. Evidently the FSU in-home, which came last before the dead period began, really blew him away. Jimbo Fisher was on that visit and really laid it all out for Akers as why he’s their top guy, etc.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Now, LSU has one running back still committed in four-star Clyde Edwards-Helaire. And they plan to host four-star Louisiana RB Travis Etienne next month, and many people I’ve talked with both inside LSU and at other programs feel that Etienne has been waiting on the LSU offer, and if it comes he would jump on board. If Akers goes elsewhere, the page turns to Etienne and his January visit.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]I will continue to feel things out with Akers over the next week as we get closer to his decision. I’m certain we will know more as we get closer. Again, I don’t think LSU is out of it at all here, but I think we are looking at a final three of LSU, FSU and Ole Miss, with the majority of people feeling the Noles have risen to the top as the team to beat. All this said, I have talked to people on each side, and nobody has said it's a lock and nobody has even hinted that he has given a staff a commitment yet.[/FONT]

malcom roach is essential to the longhorns. real versatile.

it's gonna be interesting to see if we can still pull kids from LA with herman. i don't know if we'll have to if he can do as advertised and shut down houston to the cajun invaders.
LSU
been KILLIN it in Houston.....Marvin will be another great get

Roach was a 3 star in BR and LSU didnt really push for him.....I looked him up and saw he played in just about every game....he that good or UT that bad on D or a bit of both?

Looks like FSU is team to beat here....BUT Ole Miss bag men are HARD on the prowl....these kids NEVER leave. Western Union been sent...

Time for LSU to move to Fabian Franklin 2018 RB in HAttiesburg

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Here are some tidbits to pass along on the linebacker position...[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]LSU’s chase for linebackers continues, and with 20 commitments on board and the chance to finish out in that 25-27 signees range, I think we are looking at them finishing with four linebackers total. I honestly feel that five linebackers at this point would be a stretch. It could happen, but time will tell there. Depends on how the dominos line up after visits in January.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]The goal for Dave Aranda right now is holding on to the most recent name on board in Monty Rice. He’s still getting pressed from all angles despite recently committing to LSU, so the Tigers are going to have to stay on top of him all the way until he gets on campus next month as an early-enrollee. It goes to show that even if LSU has 20 commits, most of those guys are still being pressed really hard by other schools. Recruiting never stops there.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]They also have four-star Patrick Queen on board. Ole Miss was once a team to watch for, but he’s locked into the Tigers and I’m told the Rebels have backed off. I know the LSU staff is excited about Queen and think he can be a difference maker. That’s turned out to be a huge early addition for them.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Now, the linebacker board hasn’t changed much right now from where it stood a couple weeks back leading into Rice’s decision.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]There are some committed guys out there, but none of them are early-enrollees though, so no final decision will come until National Signing Day.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]I would put the bigger focus right now on the uncommitted guys. I can tell you that the staff is recruiting the following uncommitted guys hard…[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]K’Lavon Chaisson … Texas has made a real charge here with the Tom Herman hire, and now that Todd Orlando is also at Texas after being the defensive coordinator in Houston, the Longhorns have built up some momentum. His top teams were once thought to be Houston, LSU and Oklahoma, but I think the Tigers and now the Longhorns are the two finalists for him. He hasn’t come out and said that, but I feel confident it will be one of those schools. He’s close with guys going to Texas and guys going to LSU, so both schools have that working for them. And remember, Ed Orgeron was the very first coach to offer him a scholarship. He’s locked in an LSU visit for January and I think that weekend will be crucial. It seems some have written him off to Texas, but I’m not ready to say that. Remember, he’s also close with Marvin Wilson, who I think winds up at LSU. This will be an LSU vs. Texas battle to the end.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Markaviest Bryant … Another guy Orgeron has put a lot of work in with is Bryant, a Georgia native who most people feel ends up signing with the Bulldogs. I am told by people both on the LSU side and at other schools to watch for the Tigers though.. LSU has quietly put themselves in solid position there. Auburn is also a team to watch here. Look for LSU to land an official visit from Bryant in January after going in-home with him multiple times during the open contact period.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Tyler Taylor … Moving on with the Georgia linebackers, Taylor is another guy to really watch. I’ve mentioned it before and stand by that take. The Crystal Ball has picks in for Georgia, Oklahoma and Auburn, but Dave Aranda has been making waves here. Taylor is not an early-enrollee, so he’s going to take visits next month. Expect LSU to be on the list of teams he visits. He’s someone the staff likes a lot at middle linebacker and feel like they have made up some good ground in recent months. We saw Aranda snag Rice when nobody saw it coming, so don’t count out the same happening with Taylor.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Willie Yag … A handful of teams are pressing for Yag, and LSU has secured an official visit for January. Michigan and Ole Miss already landed their official visits, and now LSU and Mississippi State will get visits next month. Those are his final four teams, and Yag did tell 247Sports that he talks on the phone a ton with both Aranda and Orgeron. The same goes with Yag as with the other linebackers I mentioned. Making sure the official visit is a home run with him and his family will be key as it will be his first chance to really sit down at LSU and see how everything is. He’s a take and someone they will keep pressing for.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Now, what happens if none of the aforementioned get on board? I do think they could warm up to some Louisiana linebackers, but I’ve not heard that anyone has risen to the top there. Thomas Johnston and Kendric Haynes are two Mobile-area guys that remain uncommitted at linebacker and have been recruited by area recruiter Dameyune Craig. I would think Johnson would me the more realistic option if things get down to the next crop of guys. Neither of them currently have an official visit scheduled, but that could change if they are pressed to do so.[/FONT]

HUGE HUGE need for LSU

I would love some takes on these guys as they are "up in the air" it seems......K'Lavon be sweet, but have to think UT

UM has had one ever recruit from MS.

Hopefully Willie Yag is the 2nd.

I don't know who that player is and I don't really follow recruiting anymore but I've followed it enough to tell you - don't ever count on getting a kid from Miss. Just setting yourself up for heartbreak - speaking from experience

I don't see him escaping there either. He did name um leader weeks back fwiw. He's still shoring up academics last I read (ACT?)

Grove, how confident are you that Akers is a black bear?

I'm as confident as one can be about a decision being made by an 18 year old with whom I have no personal relationship. I know that Ole Miss feels very good. I also know that FSU coaches think that they have him. I think Ole Miss is right, but I have followed recruiting too long to believe in sure things.

We will see soon enough...best player in the country for my dollar(or Ole Miss' lol).

Some smoke about a flip/get for LSU......many think LB Chris Alllen( who some peg as better than Moses) or Devonta Smith, number 1 player in LA and thought to be a Bama lean....
Either would be great.
UA game is coming soon and the players are in town as of today.
Great time of the year for football!

From our guys:

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Akers has kept things very quiet, which is why you are seeing a lot of people still in the dark.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]From the LSU side, the confidence at this stage isn't there. I'm told by two sources that Akers has not told them yes or no, but if it's a yes, they typically know by now.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]On FSU, there's reasons to be confident. They put in a ton of work, Jimbo had a great in-home with him on the final day, they were one of two schools to get an official visit, etc. Some other things .... Jimbo Fisher was heard on an Orange Bowl video saying they were going to get big news on Tuesday night, and FSU worked to get the video taken down. Also, I saw one of our national workers (Clint Brewster) put in his Crystal Ball for FSU late last night. His dad is FSU's recruiting coordinator and headed up Cam's recruitment.. I also spoke with Newberg this morning and he is more confident than before that it's the Noles.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]The catch for me is Akers announcing at the Mississippi Hall of Fame. Would that be setting this up for an Ole Miss surprise? I just never count out the Rebels for kids like this in that state.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]If things change, I will let you guys know what I hear.[/FONT]

LSU just offered 4 star in state RB Travis Etienne

looks like we are out on AKERS for sho......

hope he is a nole....dont want to have to play that kid

he was gonna go to TAMU had LSU not offered......TAMU is having a rough go this cycle

Obv still in the air, but he was waiting on this

only thing with Akers to FSU is that that article Grove posted about Cordarrian, and that they have another top 10 guy in Z.....

Ole Miss pullin the MIss MAgic?

Back