***2017 Recruiting*** aka the LSU Thread...

He hosted 5 or 6 OU coaches last night, and is saying all the right things, so I hope you are wrong. We could use another 5 star LB to go with Caleb Kelly from last year.
he
is visiting this weekend on an unofficial(his own dime).......I am thinking LSU gets the flip

I would much rather K'Lavon( who just got bumped to 5 star ), but both will work too ;)

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]SU's official visitor weekend in Baton Rouge will be a big one, and it will include one unofficial visitor.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Oklahoma linebacker commitment Jacob Phillips has confirmed with 247Sports that he plans to make an unofficial visit with his family to LSU this weekend. Phillips has already used all five of his official visits, meaning he will pay his own way to see what LSU has to offer just before National Signing Day arrives.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Phillips does not have any other trips planned beyond a visit to LSU, and his official visits went to (in order) Oregon, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Alabama and Texas A&M.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]LSU has gone in-home with Phillips in Nashville multiple times during the open contact period in both December and January. On Monday, Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops and four staff members used their in-home visit with Phillips.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]He's ranked by the 247Composite as the No. 7 middle linebacker prospect in the 2017 class.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Phillips is one of a handful of linebackers visiting the Tigers this weekend, a list that also includes current commitment Patrick Queen and four-star target Willie Yag. Phillips and Yag spent the week at the Army All-American Game together, with Yag talking up the idea that both could wind up signing with the Tigers.[/FONT]

Stargazing a bit here but a ton of tOSU commits dropped and a ton of Bama commits and leans upgraded.....shocker lol

what is up twink.

tejas boards saying chaisson is real high on academics (only chance we have) apparently the kid is real concerned with life after football. I know him and Marvin wanna play together. But the bigger deal is coach O. Apparently chaisson loves him.

Alabama had 12 early enrollees this week.

5-star players: 4 (Harris, Leatherwood, Moses, Jeudy)
4-star players: 6 (Tua Tagovailoa, Tyrell Shavers, Isaiah Buggs, Elliot Baker, Chadarius Townsend, Major Tennison)
3-star players: 1 (Kyriq McDonald)
2-star players: 1 (Thomas Fletcher)

Fletcher is a long-snapper

Tua is a 4?!?

what is up twink.

tejas boards saying chaisson is real high on academics (only chance we have) apparently the kid is real concerned with life after football. I know him and Marvin wanna play together. But the bigger deal is coach O. Apparently chaisson loves him.

Yep.....gonna be a tight one. Academics UT clearly with the edge, and I think parents want him at UT.
I think he wants to play at LSU, but Herman will throw the "stay at home and build it with us/TX loyalty pitch"

Will be interesting.

While UT has come to interesting signing days as you have said, LSU has one of the most interesting NSDs in some time...
The openings they have at LB are making it very interesting for many teams and 4/5 star uncommitted LBs around the country

Bama guys

love to hear thoughts on the visits...

Is Todd Harris a take even?(as Shea says).......Ill post the scoop on our end, but really getting down to it here

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]We are now 14 days from National Signing Day on Feb. 1. In two weeks, we will know how the class finishes out. And without a doubt, this will be the most entertaining NSD in recent memory. I can’t remember the last time LSU went into the final two weeks with less than 20 commitments on board. Some of that has to do with the transition from Les Miles to Ed Orgeron and the reality that the Tigers had some uncertainty surrounding the staff all the way up until December. They also saved the bulk of official visitors for December and January (all but one, actually. Jacoby Stevens was the only person who took an official visit before that). That said, things are setting up to come down to the wire, with the biggest factor to that reality being that a large chunk of LSU’s top targets are making a string of January visits and announcing on Signing Day.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]How will LSU make all the pieces to the puzzle fit? Here’s my best guess from talking to sources on how things could shake out. I will try to make some sense out of what is still a somewhat-unpredictable final couple weeks.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]———[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]The Commitments[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]LSU has 19 verbal commitments right now, and six of those guys are already enrolled in school. Those guys are..[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Lowell Narcisse - QB
Mannie Netherly - WR
Justin Thomas - DE
Austin Deculus - OT
Grant Delpit - S
JaCoby Stevens - S[/FONT]

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]That leaves 13 commitments who will sign on NSD. If I had to pick one guy out of that group that the staff has even the slightest concern over, it would be Alabama defensive lineman Neil Farrell, who made a visit to Southern Cal last weekend, will visit LSU this weekend and will then wrap up with a visit to FSU before NSD arrives. Dameyune Craig has been all over him and his family though, and I’m told the Tigers do feel confident in holding onto him. This weekend’s visit to LSU should go a long way towards making sure he doesn’t flip.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Top Targets[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]I will run down each position now so you can get a feel for who is still on the board down the stretch.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]QB: (none)[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]RB: Travis Etienne[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]WR: Racey McMath, Devonta Smith, Nico Collins, Marlon Williams[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]TE: Kurt Rafdal[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]OL: (none)[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]DL: Marvin Wilson, Phidarian Mathis, Markaviest Bryant, Justin Harris[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]LB: Christopher Allen, Jacob Phillips, Willie Yag, Tyler Taylor, Ellis Brooks, Nick Smith[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]DB: Todd Harris, Amik Robertson[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]K: (none)[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]P: (none)[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]LS: (none)[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Final Official Visitors[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Jan 20-22 weekend…[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Markaviest Bryant - DE
Willie Yag - LB
Marlon Williams - WR
Neil Farrell - DE (LSU commit)
Myles Brennan - QB (LSU commit)
Stephen Guidry - WR (LSU commit)
Seth Stewart - OT (LSU commit)
Saahdiq Charles - OG (LSU commit)
Patrick Queen - LB (LSU commit)[/FONT]

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Note: Jacob Phillips (LB) will make an unofficial visit this weekend.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Jan. 27-29 weekend…[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Travis Etienne - RB
Nick Smith - LB
Kurt Rafdal - TE
Amik Robertson - CB[/FONT]

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]How does LSU finish?[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]This one could honestly go a lot of ways, and that’s how sources on the LSU side feel. I will say this, once again. LSU is looking to finish with 27 signees this cycle. That’s the number.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]I will start here. Here are some guys that from talking to sources and tossing in my own opinion that I feel good about landing at LSU…[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Marvin Wilson - DL
Jacob Phillips - LB
Willie Yag - LB
Racey McMath - WR[/FONT]

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Why do I feel good about this group? LSU remains confident in Wilson despite FSU side also having confidence. I do believe LSU pushed ahead and won’t be caught after his official visit. Having his mom, his brother and his best friend all on the visit with him was a big advantage. I’ve talked to sources in Texas who feel the same.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]If Phillips were locked into OU, I think he would just say so, especially after five OU coaches including Bob Stoops visited him in-home this week. But he didn’t, and now he’s paying his own way to bring his family down to LSU this weekend. The work Austin Thomas and the staff have put in on the Nashville four-star has me confident the Tigers can pull off this flip.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Yag might be my least confident of this four, because I think a lot hinges on this weekend’s visit to LSU. We all know pulling a kid out of Mississippi is tough, let alone a kid that goes to Starkville High. MSU rolled out the red carpet for him last weekend. Now LSU has to do the same. Ed Orgeron will be in-home with Yag and his family today in Mississippi. I think the Tigers will be able to reel him in, though. My stance could change given how this weekend plays out, but I enter the weekend with some confidence. I know LSU does, as well.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]McMath came right out and named LSU his leader, and I believe him on that. He still has a couple visits left, but I don’t think the Tigers will be caught here. When he announces on National Signing Day, I feel he picks LSU. The Tigers hold some real confidence there now.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]If LSU pulled off the four targets mentioned above, that would move them up to 23 commitments. With the mark to get to set at 27, who would the final four spots go to?[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]My next wave of confidence in picks (again, from talking to sources and matching my opinion) would include these guys:[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Travis Etienne - RB
Christopher Allen - LB
Phidarian Mathis - DL
Todd Harris - S[/FONT]

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]That would put LSU at 27 signees and wrap the class up. I feel most confident in Harris in this group. Then about the same amount of confidence on Etienne, Allen and Mathis. Those three guys will come down to how visits go elsewhere and what LSU’s close is like. Etienne is headed to Clemson this weekend and LSU on the final weekend before NSD. Mathis, Allen and Harris are all visiting Alabama this weekend. One thing to keep an eye on is whether or not Harris is even a take at Alabama. Their numbers are tight and they have a handful of guys still on the board.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]For what it’s worth, the LSU side is gaining some confidence on Allen following his official visit this past weekend. Getting him and his family on campus was huge. Now the Tigers will have to battle the Tide down to the end. LSU will go in-home with him on Thursday before he leaves for Tuscaloosa on Friday.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]The mystery: Houston OLB K’Lavon Chaisson.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]LSU doesn’t feel as confident here as they do with Marvin Wilson, but there is still optimism that they can pull it off. This is going to be either LSU or Texas. I talked to people in Texas who hinted that Chaisson was leaning towards Texas before his LSU visit, but that the Tigers pulled back even - and maybe even pulled ahead. That said, he will be in Austin this weekend for a visit to Texas. They could certainly seal the deal then. We will have to monitor where things stand after this weekend.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Who could be the guys that squeeze into the class on the back end if LSU misses on their top guys?[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]They definitely would take a commitment from Tyler Taylor right now following he and his mother’s official visit to LSU last weekend. LSU is back in-home with Taylor tomorrow before he heads to Auburn. He told 247Sports that LSU, OU and Auburn are all tied at the top right now. I think LSU has a realistic shot, but he’s keeping things quiet right now as to which direction he’s leaning. He will announce his decision by next Wednesday, so we will know where he’s headed before things really heat up during the final week before Signing Day.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Now, on to the others.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]If they miss on LB’s, look for them to press harder for Ellis Brooks, who just visited this week with his parents and is headed to Oregon this weekend. The fall back after that would be Nick Smith, though Florida has emerged as the team to beat. It doesn’t seem the Tigers are pressing him too hard right now.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]If they miss on Todd Harris, Amik Robertson would be that guy. Given the numbers crunch, LSU would have to miss on a few guys to see them both in the class, in my opinion.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]I talked to a source who told me that LSU would take Marlon Williams at WR, and added that he would be the Russell Gage-type, meaning someone who will block and play special teams and is a solid athlete and won’t ever complain about that role. So it wouldn’t shock me to see him get into the class. That would put them with four wide receiver commitments given they have two now in Guidry and Netherly and I expect them to get McMath.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Justin Harris is someone I feel would commit to LSU as soon as he’s offered. The Tigers are monitoring his grades given they want to sign him, but don’t want to risk him not qualifying and also taking up one of the spots when they could have added someone else. They are set to meet with him again next week. He plans to visit Texas A&M this weekend then Baylor the final weekend, but he told me he will swap out Baylor for LSU if the Tigers are serious about an offer. The staff does like him, it’s just a matter of making sure he remains on track academically.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]If the Tigers don’t finish with the haul they expect, then a TE could squeeze into the class. LSU will host Indiana’s Kurt Rafdal on the final weekend before NSD. We will see if they get serious there. Right now Nebraska is the team to beat. The good thing about hosting Rafdal, Robertson, potentially Harris and Smith on that final weekend before National Signing Day is that they will have a better grip on where their top targets all stand. When those guys are on campus, we will only be a few days out from NSD. The staff will have more clarity on things by then, so they can choose how they want to wrap things up with the other targets to finish out the class with 27 signees.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]National Signing Day will be interesting this year with all these top guys announcing then. Buckle up, boys. The next two weeks will be wild….[/FONT]

Taking a quick look...outside the big headliners (which are certainly impressive) it doesn't look that crazy. But it's certainly interesting they were able to grab those two 5-stars out of TX and GA. TX is a cluster fuck so I guess it's open season in that neck of the woods but grabbing a kid out of SEC country is big. But I can't say that playing qb in the SEC is all that appealing right now.

Bama guys

love to hear thoughts on the visits...

Is Todd Harris a take even?(as Shea says).......Ill post the scoop on our end, but really getting down to it here

I haven't heard his name mentioned with any of our class projections. No idea if it's because he's not a take, or just doesn't want to come to Alabama

I haven't heard his name mentioned with any of our class projections. No idea if it's because he's not a take, or just doesn't want to come to Alabama
well
i am pretty sure he is LSU, but that was the other school and I think he is visiting this weekend......the talk was that even if he wanted Bama, Bama may not have the room

how many can yall take LOL?

well
i am pretty sure he is LSU, but that was the other school and I think he is visiting this weekend......the talk was that even if he wanted Bama, Bama may not have the room

how many can yall take LOL?

Depends on how many in the current class end up in the class. I think we are expecting a pretty stout finish, so there may be some casualties. Think LSU and Alabama will sign a couple of the best DL classes in a while

wanna laugh?

Go look at UF's class.....not sure what beaver boy is doing, but he sure aint 'crootin'!

Biggest reason I wouldn't want him replacing Saban. You have to be able and willing to recruit at the highest level. Mac just seems like a likable, low key hillbilly from Montana to me. Would love to drink beer and go fishing with him, but not have him run our football program

Bama about to get Phidarian.....fuckin North LA kids

Devonta after that

we land Marv and K'Lavon.....I am allllll good

LSU commit Neil Farrel "announcing" tomorrow....many feel he flips to FSU

LSU has felt great about Marvin Wilson...their TE coach tweets something about a kid from Houston and many on LSU side don't feel so confident on Marv.....

A TON of kids from LA are going to Bama this year....

Chaisson may be UT

LSU could really miss BIG on NSD

Oh yea and Willie Yag may stay in Stark

Been a while since LSU has had a NSD like this where so much in the air

Bright side for you....y'all get Nico BAR

Yeah, Nico is icing on cake for WR corps.

Yag wants LSU but parents are apart of 'crootin too.

You have a new coach, somewhat. This happens. Texas isn't exactly lighting the recruiting world on fire for instance.

Our guys feel we lost out on Wilson....many tactics will be questioned and having 190 yr old Pete Jenkins surely won't last as a DL coach...we used up visits etc

Now, we get KLavon, it won't stint as bad and a LB haul that could be sick sick from where LSU was.....

But what went to Bama is nauseating....and in some respect what FSU pulled too

LSU commit Neil Farrel "announcing" tomorrow....many feel he flips to FSU

LSU has felt great about Marvin Wilson...their TE coach tweets something about a kid from Houston and many on LSU side don't feel so confident on Marv.....

A TON of kids from LA are going to Bama this year....

Chaisson may be UT

LSU could really miss BIG on NSD

Oh yea and Willie Yag may stay in Stark

Been a while since LSU has had a NSD like this where so much in the air

Bright side for you....y'all get Nico BAR

Good Luck tomorrow , Bud. Hope LSU signs a bunch of em . :cheers3:

Back