***2017 Recruiting*** aka the LSU Thread...

Sick sick get

Jimbo at his finest....and being the last one in on Sunday night

Great tactics....guy is a monster

Akers probably sealed Freeze's fate in Oxford. He might have cost the AD his job too. He probably would have committed to Ole Miss this summer but for the NCAA shit storm, and in many Ole Miss' fans view the University hasnt done enough (anything?) to expedite the process.

Akers probably sealed Freeze's fate in Oxford. He might have cost the AD his job too. He probably would have committed to Ole Miss this summer but for the NCAA shit storm, and in many Ole Miss' fans view the University hasnt done enough (anything?) to expedite the process.

It's a BIG BIG loss in state.....especially for a place that has a fence and for a team that hasn't had a really good bruising back since Deuce...

By all accounts Jimbo got in there last and just killed it......

I'm glad he went to the ACC if he wasn't coming to BR

It's a BIG BIG loss in state.....especially for a place that has a fence and for a team that hasn't had a really good bruising back since Deuce...

By all accounts Jimbo got in there last and just killed it......

I'm glad he went to the ACC if he wasn't coming to BR

Yeah it's hard to overstate how big of a loss it is, but Im with you. If he wasnt coming to Oxford then I wanted him out of the SEC.

Watched part of UA game - liked that nose tackle y'all got committed Twink. Shelvin or something like that?

Najee going to UM?

Michigan mods are confident for sure. It's been a dead period for the last couple of weeks, so nobody has talked to him except reporters, so who knows what's real. Last I heard was that our coaches expect him to be at Alabama

Najee says he won't announce at AA game, but will show up at the school he chooses for enrollment on Monday. Seems like a lot of effort if he's sticking with Alabama. I haven't heard any different, but my gut tells me he is going to Michigan. Kind of a shitty way to handle this regardless of where he goes

Watched part of UA game - liked that nose tackle y'all got committed Twink. Shelvin or something like that?

Yea....once Moffit gets him in the program he will excel.....kinda fat.
The cake is gonna be getting Marvin....couple this with last year, and LSU finally will have the types we used to get...like y'all get

Najee says he won't announce at AA game, but will show up at the school he chooses for enrollment on Monday. Seems like a lot of effort if he's sticking with Alabama. I haven't heard any different, but my gut tells me he is going to Michigan. Kind of a shitty way to handle this regardless of where he goes

I think UM too fwiw

I think UM too fwiw

I'm told that as of today, he is telling the coaches at Alabama that he is coming to Tuscaloosa. But he may be telling Michigan the same thing. I just have a bad feeling about it. It's why I typically don't worry about recruiting until signing day

He's all bama imo.

Number one rule in recruiting is not to get worked up. Just can't with 17 year old kids.

Embrace the drama, what makes it fun.

I'm told that as of today, he is telling the coaches at Alabama that he is coming to Tuscaloosa. But he may be telling Michigan the same thing. I just have a bad feeling about it. It's why I typically don't worry about recruiting until signing day

For a non-drama kid, he sure has no problem changing school names in that statement.

I too think he sticks with Bamer.

Get out the flight tracker!

For a non-drama kid, he sure has no problem changing school names in that statement.

I too think he sticks with Bamer.

Get out the flight tracker!

Yeah it's odd that the guy who says he hates drama has no problem creating plenty of it. I guess that #1 ranking gets to your head eventually. Or being grouped with all the other blue chips for the all-star game and you decide you want to have some fun. Nothing surprises me any more, but if he does flip to Michigan, it won't be devastating because we have RB depth, but Najee is a special talent and if we were going to miss out on him, I think we would have given better effort at keeping Akers

Keeping Bo another year would be as big a win. Another good game here and I think he heads to the league. Still plenty of talent at that spot either way but I love having a battering ram to lean on and he's the only fella that fits the bill

Don't you think y'all lost Akers long ago tho?

Yes. When we had both Najee and Akers committed, I think the staff made a decision to try to hold onto Najee, since keeping both was not going to happen. I don't know if it was based on who they thought was better or who they thought had a better chance of sticking, but I feel confident that had Najee de-committed in November, we would have put the full court press on Akers. May not have worked, but obviously there was something he liked about Alabama

Yes. When we had both Najee and Akers committed, I think the staff made a decision to try to hold onto Najee, since keeping both was not going to happen. I don't know if it was based on who they thought was better or who they thought had a better chance of sticking, but I feel confident that had Najee de-committed in November, we would have put the full court press on Akers. May not have worked, but obviously there was something he liked about Alabama

yea

i said it before, but i think you guys went the wrong way here

meaning i think Akers is better

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]With a month until National Signing Day, here's my latest prediction piece...[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Note: new additions in bold[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]QB: Lowell Narcisse, Myles Brennan
RB: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Travis Etienne
FB: Tory Carter
WR: Mannie Netherly, Stephen Guidry, Racey McMath
TE: (none)
OL: Austin Deculus, Saahdiq Charles, Edward Ingram, Seth Stewart
DL: Neil Farrell, Justin Thomas, Aaron Moffitt, Tyler Shelvin, Phidarian Mathis, Marvin Wilson
LB: Patrick Queen, Willie Yag, Jacob Phillips, Christopher Allen
CB: Kary Vincent, Cheyenne Labruzza
S: JaCoby Stevens, Grant Delpit, Todd Harris
ATH: Justin Harris, Jontre Kirklin
[/FONT]

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]**** The QB chase is officially done. Narcisse will enroll this month and Brennan will enroll after the spring semester.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]**** I think they are lining themselves up to land Etienne given they host him the final weekend before NSD arrives. They wanted a two-RB class all along, and now with Cam Akers to Florida State, they are likely to finish with Edwards-Helaire out of Baton Rouge and Etienne out of Jennings. Expect a Louisiana haul at RB this cycle. I have Carter sticking as I think he will enjoy the fullbacks role in Matt Canada’s new offense at LSU.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]**** Things could still go a couple different ways here at WR. And a lot might hinge on what happens with Dameyune Craig, whether he remains at LSU as WR’s coach or moves on to Oregon as the offensive coordinator under Willie Taggart. I think Alabama still holds an edge for Devonta Smith, but that can be made up this month in my mind. The visit will be the big thing, and that’s what sources on the LSU side feel, as well. That Jan. 13 weekend will be massive for their chances with uncommitted guys. I think they will be able to get McMath in the end, but will a fourth WR come into the fold? One late name to keep an eye on is TCU commitment Omar Manning. The staff has been in touch with him and working him here recently.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]**** I don’t have a tight end slotted here, but I do have Justin Harris listed as an athlete. The East Ascension standout could play defensive end or tight end. I will add this. The LSU staff really likes Harris. A lot… This wouldn’t be a late add just to get a body. He’s a four-star who they feel can have success on either side of the ball. Don’t be shocked if he’s a Tiger and don’t be surprised if he plays some defensive end. I feel confident he winds up in this class.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]**** I don’t expect anymore shuffling with the offensive line. Jeff Grimes put this group of four commitments together over the summer and it’s stuck the entire time. It won’t change between now and NSD.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]**** The defensive line is where things could get heavy. They have commitments from Farrell, Thomas, Moffitt and Shelvin now. If there was someone to watch in that group, it’s Farrell. He’s going to take visits in January, and I won’t be surprised if he landed elsewhere. I think the staff is in a good spot right now, but again, what happens if Craig leaves? He’s his area recruiter and a big reason he got on board. And other schools are trying to flip him. He’s one to monitor. That said, I have them adding Mathis and Wilson. I think they are able to win the battle against Alabama for Mathis and win the battle against Florida State for Wilson. That’s just my gut feeling from spending time with both of them at Under Armour last week. Certainly the focus on the defensive line down the stretch will be on those two guys.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]**** Linebackers…. LSU has just one committed, but can they end up with more in the wake of Monty Rice flipping to Georgia? Yes. I actually feel more confident in them flipping Phillips from Oklahoma than the rest of the bunch playing out. LSU has put in a lot of work there, and an unofficial visit in January is not off the table for he and his family. I have also added Yag and Allen for them to close out with four linebackers. I think they can lock Yag up on his Jan. 20 visit and pull him out of Mississippi, and I think in the end, Allen stays home for college. But he’s the one I am least confident on as Chris is so tough to read. But as we saw in the piece on Allen yesterday, even his high school coach (Marcus Randall) will be in his ear about staying home and playing for LSU. I would not pull Will Ignont out of the conversation, either. I think the Tigers could flip him if they really make that push, but right now I know they are going hard after the Phillips-Yag-Allen-Chaisson group. I have Texas with a slight edge over LSU for K’Lavon Chaisson. For me a lot hinges on the Jan. 13 visit weekend. He will be in with Marvin Wilson, and they are close friends. The one school they have in common at this stage is LSU, too. Chaisson could reappear on this list later this month. Names like Tyler Taylor, Nick Smith, Ellis Brooks and others are still in the mix at linebacker, as well.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]**** What’s up with the Labruzza addition? I have said it before, but LSU has been working him non-stop, from the Miles era to Orgeron era. He’s been getting calls from the staff and Corey Raymond went in-home with him last month. I think he sees a clearer path to the field at cornerback with his commitment to Tennessee, so that will be a hurdle they have to overcome. But he’s a take for the staff and I am going to go out on a limb and predict they flip him from the Volunteers. Expect Kary Vincent to stick with the Tigers, and he was arguably the best cornerback at the Under Armour All-American game. The Tigers are getting a steal with him at cornerback out of Texas. It should also be noted that Kirklin is listed as an athlete, but he could play cornerback or even wide receiver at the college level. He had a great senior season at Lutcher, and if you haven’t yet, do yourself a favor and see his highlights. He’s an awesome athlete, and they had him playing quarterback.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]**** The staff got in the two safeties atop the wish list in Stevens and Delpit, and holding onto them wasn’t easy. Schools were pressing hard to flip both, but both guys stuck it out through the coaching changes and enroll at LSU this month. That gives them two of the top three ranked safeties in the country. But can they pull off a third safety addition? They are about to press hard for Todd Harris this month, and they like him as a nickel back who can play inside. That’s the approach they will take with him and they feel he can be a game-changer in that role. I saw him at Under Armour week work there, and he was intercepting passes and running up his pass breakups totals. He was solid there, and it also gives him less to worry about in terms of safety depth and how quickly he might could get onto the field.[/FONT]

5 recruits have flipped to join Fleck at the U already tonight including 1 QB will offers from Wake and Louisville. Pretty sure his recruiting class after 2-3 days will be better than all the "work" Claeys put into his class.

5 recruits have flipped to join Fleck at the U already tonight including 1 QB will offers from Wake and Louisville. Pretty sure his recruiting class after 2-3 days will be better than all the "work" Claeys put into his class.

Row that boat... One good year quick n he is gone brotha

First world problems I guess. I won't complain if he's so successful that he's being recruited by somebody else...

Texas guys.....
Y'all think y'all get Chaisson?

If he goes to LSU, that is 2 years in a row LSU invades North Shore for top kid

Should be a fun race to the finish for LSU.
We haven't had this many undecideds in sooooo long.

The LSU LB situation is making it real interesting for a ton of 4 stars and others Schools LB situation.

The dead period has finally come to an end and the mad dash to National Signing Day kicks into overdrive now that coaches are back on the road and hosting recruits.
LSU currently has 19 commitments and the nation’s No. 7 class with 247Sports.
How will the Tigers finish? Will they hold on to all of their 19 commitments?
Today, we reset LSU’s recruiting board for the race to National Signing Day …
Editor’s Note: This will be updated several times between now and signing day with prospects being added and removed.
Quarterbacks (Needs: 2/Committed: 2)
LSU has addressed its needs behind center with its best quarterback class on paper since 2003 when the Tigers inked Matt Flynn and JaMarcus Russell.
Four-star dual-threat Lowell Narcisse is already enrolled and continuing to rehab his knee ahead of spring ball. He says he will be 100 percent with no limitations, however, sources say they will be very mindful of the two previous ACL injuries and will use precaution.
Myles Brennan lived up to his ranking he brought to the Under Armour All-America Game as the nation’s No. 6 pro-style passer in the 247Sports Composite. New offensive coordinator Matt Canada will make his first in-home visit with an LSU logo on his chest on Thursday to the Brennan household. The two have already spoken numerous times since Canada was hired and Brennan is very solid with his pledge. LSU will host Brennan and his family for his official visit next weekend where he will be one of the Tigers’ biggest recruiters.
Running Backs (Needs: 2-3/Committed: 2)
It looked as if LSU was struggling to hold on to Clyde Edwards-Helaire's commitment shortly after Christmas when he announced that he was opening things up. The four-star back never de-committed and a phone call from Ed Orgeron within minutes after he made the announcement was all Edwards-Helaire needed to reaffirm his pledge.
LSU will host Edwards-Helaire this weekend and he tentatively has an official set with Mississippi State that Orgeron expects to nip in the bud this weekend and end his recruitment. Matt Canada loves Edwards-Helaire’s skillset and how versatile he is.
Tory Carter will also be in for his official visit this weekend and any concern of whether LSU would continue to employ a fullback in the offense was erased when Canada was hired.
The Tigers missed out on five-star running back Cam Akers and all eyes have now shifted to four-star running back Travis Etienne of Jennings to close things out.
Etienne has an official visit slated for Tennessee this weekend with Texas A&M the following weekend. LSU is set to host him for his official visit the final weekend before signing day, but he will meet with Canada and Jabbar Juluke a couple of times before he steps foot on campus.
Texas A&M, a school that he was once committed to, is LSU’s biggest threat to land Etienne. LSU has to overcome the fact that Les Miles and Cam Cameron did not want to offer Etienne so there are some things that need to be smoothed over during these visits.
If the Tigers strike out on his front it remains to be seen where they would turn because right now they are going all in on the nation’s No. 16 back.
Wide Receivers (Needs: 3-4/Committed: 2)
Dameyune Craig has a pair of four-star receivers on board with one slated to be on campus today or tomorrow in Mannie Netherly and the other scheduled to arrive at some point this summer in Stephen Guidry.
The focus now shifts to closing out with one to two more guys and two of the top targets are scheduled to take their official this weekend in Devonta Smith and Racey McMath.
Craig has done a good job of getting the Tigers back into the thick of it with Smith. The five-star wide out has officials to Alabama and Miami the next two weekends, and I still feel like LSU trails with Alabama holding the edge.
McMath has a trip to Texas A&M on tap for next weekend with Mississippi State possibly on Jan. 27. Jabbar Juluke has the ties to Edna Karr that should help LSU here and I would not be surprised if McMath decided that he wanted to shut things down.
Marlon Williams just recently dropped his commitment to USC and he has a trip planned to Tennessee on Jan. 27. Williams wants to visit LSU next weekend but as of now nothing is set up. He is one of two Alabama receivers that Craig is still after, along with Nico Collins.
Should LSU come up short in filling its needs and/or have an open spot at the end, Destrehan’s Justin Jefferson would be an in-state name to keep tabs on.
Tight Ends (Needs: 0-1/Committed: 0)
With four tight ends on the roster with at least two years of eligibility remaining, signing a tight end in this class is not a necessity.
Three-star tight end Jacob Paulson from Kentucky committed to Minnesota on Wednesday evening and it remains to be seen if Matt Canada will try and get him in for a trip.
If LSU does not land one and gets into a bind due to injuries or transfers, Aaron Moffitt could be a possibility to make the move like Caleb Roddy did when he signed in 2016.
Offensive Line (Needs: 4-5/Committed: 4)
Austin Deculus made it to campus earlier in the week and will be in the mix for one of the tackle spots this spring. The big 6-foot-6, 330-pounder showed that he has the feet to play on the edge in college and looks better suited to play on the left edge than anyone else on the LSU roster with SEC experience.
Seth Stewart is the other tackle on board and he told Geaux247 that he was firm with his decision of playing for the Tigers. He will visit officially on the final weekend before signing day and that is a good move by the staff to get him in that weekend just in case West Virginia tries again to convince him that he needs to stay home.
In a perfect world, LSU would like to add another tackle because there is such a need on the current roster. However, it looks like the best in-state option at this point would be John Ehret’s Dwayne Fisher but he fits the mold of being more of an inside guy.
LSU has plenty of guard types on the roster and two very nice additions in Edward Ingram and Saahdiq Charles. Ingram has maintained that he is locked in with LSU and the staff feels good about holding on to Charles after he publicly stated that he was done with visits, outside of LSU, back on Dec. 7.
Look for the staff to try and get Charles in on that final weekend with Stewart with the same goal in mind – eliminating any chance of the in-state schools to get him on campus before the dead period.
Defensive Ends (Needs: 4-5/Committed: 3)
Three guys are already on board and two of the three are locked in with Justin Thomas already enrolled and Aaron Moffitt shutting his recruitment down.
Neil Farrell is slated to visit USC this weekend with his official to LSU scheduled for next weekend. The Trojans are not the biggest threat that has LSU concerned. Rather, it is the official visit to Florida State the last weekend before signing day that has Dameyune Craig and the rest of the staff’s attention.
Michigan has been trying to get Farrell in for a midweek visit but so far nothing has matriculated on that front.
Phidarian Mathis is set to visit LSU this weekend and Alabama next weekend with TCU a possibility for that final visit before signing day. Alabama came close to landing Mathis’ commitment in December, but LSU has made up a lot of ground since then now that Austin Thomas is spearheading his recruitment.
Thomas is a good fit for recruiting Monroe and getting LSU back on track in North Louisiana with some solid ties he has developed in that area in a short time with local high school coaches. That, combined with Mathis spending a lot of time around LSU’s commitments at the Under Armour All-America Game, has LSU feeling better about its chances than it has of late.
Justin Harris from East Ascension is another versatile defensive end to keep an eye on. He is visiting Purdue this weekend and it remains to be seen if he will visit LSU next weekend or the final weekend before signing day. Baylor is also expected to get an official with Ole Miss and Michigan State also trying to secure one.
LSU has not offered Harris yet, but Thomas has taken the lead role in his recruitment and sources at East Ascension say an offer from the Tigers is all he is waiting on.
Defensive Tackles (Needs: 1-2/Committed: 1)
Mammoth nose guard Tyler Shelvin will be in town this weekend for his official visit, and the No. 1 goal for Ed Orgeron will be squashing any hopes of Alabama and Nebraska at getting Shelvin to visit.
Shelvin told Geaux247 several times that those trips were up in the air at the Under Armour All-America Game. He also reiterated numerous times to fellow Tiger commits and Geaux247 that his pledge was as solid as could be.
Five-star tackle Marvin Wilson is the other big fish that the Tigers hope to reel in, and Shelvin is making that one of his priorities for the weekend with the two big men scheduled to be on campus together.
Florida State is gaining confidence in landing Wilson but confidence on the LSU side has not wavered. That makes this weekend absolutely critical for Orgeron since this will be his last opportunity to meet with Wilson and his family in person.
Several LSU commitments told Geaux247 that Wilson, LSU commit Kary Vincent and linebacker target K'Lavon Chaisson talked a lot down in Orlando about playing together in college and all three will be on campus together from Friday-Sunday.
The feeling here is that if LSU can convince Wilson or Chaisson to jump on board, either public or silently, then that will help with the other. However, I feel it will be either boom or bust with the duo.
Linebackers (Needs: 4-5/Committed: 1)
This is easily the biggest need on the defensive side of the ball in the month of January. It is also the position where the staff has made up the most ground over the last six weeks or so.
Patrick Queen is solid with his commitment to the Tigers and he’s a big addition at outside linebacker. His athleticism and footwork even give him the option to play running back or linebacker after his impressive senior campaign, but he is destined to play on the defensive side of the ball.
I touched on K'Lavon Chaisson earlier and right now most feel that Texas is still the team to beat. I’m in that same camp but if Ed Orgeron can get Chaisson’s parents on board this weekend then that would be huge because sources tell us that they are more enamored with Texas than he is.
Markaviest Bryant is in that same mold as Chaisson as an outside linebacker in Dave Aranda’s system capable of putting his hand in the dirt in certain packages. There are some rumblings that he could visit LSU the final weekend of the month, but it is currently a two-team race between Georgia and Auburn with the Bulldogs leading. Bryant visits Georgia this weekend and Auburn set for the following weekend.
There has been a lot of chatter on Willie Yag of late, but I’m still a little hesitant to jump on the bandwagon because of the local pressure for the Starkville product to stay in town at Mississippi State. The Bulldogs did lose defensive coordinator Peter Sirmon but his replacement, Todd Grantham, is tentatively scheduled to get a chance to host Yag for his official this weekend.
Some on the Bulldog side feel that the staff may try to push that visit to the last weekend before signing day since he will be at LSU next weekend. However, even if he does spend this weekend at State, he could easily pop up on campus the last weekend of the month unofficially.
N.C. State commit Nick Smith has a trip planned to Michigan State this weekend with Louisville the following weekend then LSU to close out the month. Florida has also reportedly increased its interest and will be in-home with the three-star linebacker tonight. The fact that LSU just offered a couple of weeks back combined with the timing of the official gives a good indication of where things are.
That leaves the inside on the second level as a major priority over these next three weeks.
Four-star inside backer Tyler Taylor will be in town this weekend for his visit and that will come on the heels of an in-home visit from Dave Aranda on Thursday. Auburn and Oklahoma are the two teams that LSU is trying to catch but the gap has closed some during the dead period, especially after LSU lost Monty Rice to Georgia.
In speaking with sources at Southern Lab, I feel good about LSU getting Alabama commit Christopher Allen on campus for a visit. Nick Saban will try and put an end to that this weekend when the four-star linebacker is in Tuscaloosa, but LSU has been putting a lot of work into Allen and the door is still open.
Oklahoma commit Jacob Phillips has used all five of his allotted officials, but he indicated to several 247Sports writers and prospects at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl that he would take an unofficial visit to LSU on Jan. 20 when Yag and Queen take their official.
LSU has quietly been putting in a lot of work on Phillips, particularly Austin Thomas, who has very strong ties and connections to the Nashville area. LSU has made Phillips a major priority and will be checking in on him right out of the dead period.
I fully expect Phillips to make that trip on his own dime and if he does then the crystal ball flips will come in droves, including one from myself.
Four-star linebacker Ellis Brooks from Virginia has an Oregon visit this weekend and will make his way from Eugene to Baton Rouge on Monday. Unless Notre Dame makes a late run, most seem to think that Brooks stays closer to home at Maryland.
Cornerbacks (Needs: 2/Committed: 2)
With 2018 the year of the cornerback as far as LSU recruiting goes, the Tigers did not need to go as heavy at this spot as they have in the past. That does not mean there is not a lot of quality in the two commits, Kary Vincent and Jontre Kirklin.
Vincent will be in town this weekend and despite a strong push from Texas and Ohio State his commitment is on strong footing. The same goes for Kirklin, who made a big impression on the staff with his senior film.
Safeties (Needs: 2-3/Committed: 2)
To land two of the country’s top three safeties in JaCoby Stevens and Grant Delpit is quite a feat. Getting both on campus for spring practice and not having to worry about holding on to them was the cherry on top.
Now, Corey Raymond and co. will focus their efforts on four-star safety Todd Harris.
Harris has LSU this weekend with Alabama on the 20th and Ole Miss to close out the month on the 27th. TCU may squeeze in a midweek official but this has always been an SEC battle.
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular][/FONT]
The 20 college football teams with the most national titles
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]START SLIDESHOW[/FONT]
If LSU comes up short on Harris then Amik Robertson could find his way into the class where he would fill more of a nickel role.

Alabama had 12 early enrollees this week.

5-star players: 4 (Harris, Leatherwood, Moses, Jeudy)
4-star players: 6 (Tua Tagovailoa, Tyrell Shavers, Isaiah Buggs, Elliot Baker, Chadarius Townsend, Major Tennison)
3-star players: 1 (Kyriq McDonald)
2-star players: 1 (Thomas Fletcher)

Fletcher is a long-snapper

FSU guys, how yall feel about Big Marv? I really feel like he is LSU, but they say the FSU threat is real

FSU been doing work and got some steam after Akers

Back