2016 U.S. Open Draw and Discussion

I was wildly entertained, these fuckers need to stfu, so annoying...we all get it, you're angry about the effort but some days it's not there, and he still figured out how to make the match interesting.

Mac really needs to get it together, entertain the audience

fowler, McEnroe and even gilbert didn't do that match justice. It was entertaining even though it was pretty shitty the first couple sets, but all they did was complain even during the third set...and they just continued to sound morbid. Almost turned the sound off...even when he'd make a great shot in set 2, it was nothing but bitching as opposed to talking about the shot.

just a failure from this crew that I really, really like...pretty upsetting tbh

yeah bad start again for Stan.

strange 1st semi final french guys just can't step up when it counts I feel like djoko is definitely there for the taking and I think the opponent will have a better chance than usual on sunday. monfils didn't even show up in the 1st and 2nd sets don't know if it was because of stress or not but he can have regrets..

Stan takes 4 or 5 steps behind the baseline to receive Nishi's 2nd serve, when if anything he should be going forward for it. Can't figure that out. It can only help Nishi's ability to return any response from Stan.

yeah stan does that way too often on the returns games, being too passive.. and looking sluggish and slow doesn't help today let's see if he can turns it around

joker/kei final is not what we want...... will be totally one way traffic for joker unless hes crippled

don't know I'm starting to revise my judgment on nishikori he is impressive today and was excellent vs murray, it could be contested vs djoko who doesn't look near his best form

ya i still think murray imploded he was in total control..... joker will basically have to his shoulder falling off to lose... the serve disparity is soo big in that matchup

don't know I'm starting to revise my judgment on nishikori he is impressive today and was excellent vs murray, it could be contested vs djoko who doesn't look near his best form
The proviso is if Nole is fully fit. I have no faith in Nishi's mental solidity. He's won a USO SF before, so that to me explains the lack of nerves we're seeing from him here. He'll be a lot less loose in the final.

I'm not positive that we know how hurt Novak is nor has this tournament given us any idea how he'll be in a close match, his serve sucks right now

The proviso is if Nole is fully fit. I have no faith in Nishi's mental solidity. He's made a USO final, so that to me explains the lack of nerves we're seeing from him here. He'll be a lot less loose in the final.

Yeah but Djoko is not fully fit it seems like it's almost certain at this point, but we don't know exactly his level of discomfort because he really haven't been tested yet only match that could have been close was today and Monfils gave him the 1st 2 sets. Yes I don't have much confidence in Nishikori's mental strength as well, but he lost in the final vs Cilic at the time where the Croat was virtually unplayable.

for sure my money wants stan to win lol but also believe that gives us a better final regardless how joker is physically

it could just be after 12 games of excellent play that kamikaze is just having a lull, and Stan's shining only by 'default'.

and this has been his best path yet ....phyiscally fit wise came in tourny healthy....... he had 1 tough match against murray... he cant recover for shit

yeah it seems the humid conditions have made him a bit lethargic, need to recover soon or stan will pull away soon I feel

it would seem apparent that whoever wins this 3rd set wins. Neither of these 2 look physically capable of winning 2 straight to claim the match.

maybe, but I feel like Stan could do it he is well prepared physically and can last hours if needed he proved it already. but yeah let's win this set stan better to avoid too long of a battle

Back