2016 U.S. Open Draw and Discussion

ah yes forgot about Aguero. but usually mourinho is plenty defensive against other top sides so hope that man city score first. barca-man city already? Barca is my 2nd favorite team! Ienhacho is really good too maybe he will play

Kelechi will start, need a big match from Sterling, KDB, Silva...yada yada. Just gonna miss Kun but Iheanacho could have a day too. Both teams can give it up I think, just need to be the better

Yeah I'll just call him kelechi it's easier to spell. I secretely hope that Guardiola sucker punch Jose on the sidelines

Stan must have spent more than twice the time on court that Djoko spent. Before today I believe they showed the stats as 6 hours for Novak and 14 hours for Stan..

I think that could be an advantage really, Novak has literally no tests in forever.

Now he could beat Stan down, we always say that, but really Joker's serve is absolute shit right now and Stan seems to shine on the stage. Stan hasn't been as sharp as usual, might not be necessary on Sunday. That said, Joker in 3 wouldn't be shocking either...but he's not in good form, just had the easiest path we've ever seen to a GS final. And that tells us pretty much nothing.

Hope that Stan will play a very good solid match, if he does I really like him to win, maybe won't need to play the best tennis of his life like he had to do at the French Open to beat Novak, because this Djoko has some weaknesses as you say.

I was not very confident vs Rafa at Aussie Open when Stan beat him so I thought it would be his only Slam win but he continued to play well in big tournaments, then played Novak at the French Open final when Djoko was in great form and I was even less confident so I preferred getting sucked and have fun at the beginning of the match, then stopped this to get serious and cheered on Stan when I noticed he was playing out of his mind. 3rd final on Sunday and it's the one I'm the most confident he can get the win, hopefully he will be in a good day

Agree buddy, leggo Stan! He's a stage performer and we just don't know much of anything about Novak at this point. Hard to really cap that match, easy to think Stan getting anything is a gift, but no thank you here. Just gonna watch as a fan.

Agree buddy, leggo Stan! He's a stage performer and we just don't know much of anything about Novak at this point. Hard to really cap that match, easy to think Stan getting anything is a gift, but no thank you here. Just gonna watch as a fan.

yeah as Djoko said in interview Stan is a big match player, let's hope it will be the case again. Have a good derby match tomorrow!

ended going with the over let's hope pliskova starts the 2nd set better than the 1st!

At least the 1st set totaled 9 games, which means the Over doesn't need a 3rd set to cash. But the Czech needs to calm down. Don't think there can be much doubt that what's killing her is first final jitters. If she put up this error rate against Serena, she isn't playing today.

getting on pliskova ml as well, she looks in good rhythm now and not the pressure to keep serve not to lose quickly now

Brad Gilbert@bgtennisnation <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 2 minil y a 2 minutes</small><button type="button" class="btn-link js-translate-tweet translate-button" data-nav="translate_tweet" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; font-family: inherit; margin: 3px -2px -2px 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow: none; display: block; text-align: left; float: right; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Voir la traduction</button>
Amazing stat in slam finals 38-40 of last winners won the match match after winning 1st set

thanks you pushed me betting the over I admit. Pliskova +160 I like her to continue and win, what's your feeling?

In these conditions, I have to think Kerber is more conditioned to handle matters. But I've gone on about her workload prior to this USO, there's that which could hurt her advantage on the conditioning front. Pliskova didn't go to Rio, and obv. the power player will always have any match on their racquet when facing a pusher.

All that hot air aside, it feels like pretty much who breaks first wins.

Killing me I havnt been able to watch today or yesterday, looks like a good match

First set wasn't very good Pliskova too nervous, but since then really good even for me who doesn't watch nearly as much women tennis as the men. Hope you can see the match tomorrow!?

Back