2016 U.S. Open Draw and Discussion

serena will kill pliskova tom night..... thank u for cashin my -4.5 handicap too.... thankfully no sweats after break up in the 3rd like in 2nd

what a forehand by Delpo! Missed this all the time he missed through injuries, remember that I was devastated when Roger lost to him in final here but he was absolutely incredible when he made that comeback win vs Federer. Backhand getting better and better as well

hopefully stan takes the 2nd and takes the wind out of del po.... think stanimal has a good shot to beat kei and go to finals where hopefully he can give joker a match

good thing they have challenges or the players would get crazy mad aha, forgot how it was back in the day without them

Looked like a different Stan today, better and more focused/concentrated throughout the match. Impressed tactically with him in the 3rd/4th set and the patience he had on some points, just played a very good match. Onto the semis..

Like stan Vs kei.... Kei serve which isnt anything great will be his downfall in this... Murray who has a superior serve and uses it for many set up shots or free points really fell apart esp in the 5th... Saw multiple service games when he didnt make a 1st serve. Stan whose worst part of game is his return should have his opportunities since kei doesnt serve big he can back up and swing out rather then block his returns.. If he serves well he should win as the easy service games and the pressure he can put on kei will be too much and he should be able to overpower kei from baseline. Stan/joker would be entertaining as Stan has the ability to blow joker off court.... Kei/Joker is another snoozer that joker just dismantles em for the 100000000000 time

think all signs point to Williams/Kerber final..... best 2 all year... Pliskova who is powerful i dont think can present much problems for serena. She does struggle lately with power players but not sure pliskova has the athleticism or game to hurt serena like a halep or kerber who can put pace on balls but also get a lot of balls back which is the key to hurt her.....Think pliskova will have to serve incredible hope serena doesnt-like last nigh she had moments when serve dipped.. plus serena is usually a killer these rounds and playing a opponent who is probably super happy with her result here and this summer ... nerves could play an issue as well like serena -5.5 handicap..

Wozy could very well beat kerber i just think kerber is a better version of wozy- but maybe she finally hits that wall everyone expects- wouldnt be shocked if it did happen.... prob roll with the O as i do expect it to go 3.......

Like stan Vs kei.... Kei serve which isnt anything great will be his downfall in this... Murray who has a superior serve and uses it for many set up shots or free points really fell apart esp in the 5th... Saw multiple service games when he didnt make a 1st serve. Stan whose worst part of game is his return should have his opportunities since kei doesnt serve big he can back up and swing out rather then block his returns.. If he serves well he should win as the easy service games and the pressure he can put on kei will be too much and he should be able to overpower kei from baseline. Stan/joker would be entertaining as Stan has the ability to blow joker off court.... Kei/Joker is another snoozer that joker just dismantles em for the 100000000000 time

Hope you are right about Stan-Kei, Stan is 3-2 in the h2h and 1-1 in grand slams, Stan dismantled Nishikori at the Aussie Open last year and Nishikori won in 5 sets the year before at the US Open. I think it's basically 50-50 in this match could be very close I will probably just be rooting for Stan.

Brad Gilbert going with Nishikori

Brad Gilbert@bgtennisnation <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 37 minil y a 37 minutes</small><button type="button" class="btn-link js-translate-tweet translate-button" data-nav="translate_tweet" style="color: rgb(136, 153, 166); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; font-family: inherit; margin: 3px -2px -2px 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow: none; display: block; text-align: left; float: right; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Voir la traduction</button>
Leaning Special K in 4 sets

Jay Feldman @feldman_jay
@bgtennisnation What say you for Kei vs Stanimal?

Don't know but if it's a serious knee problem you don't play the match at all, Serena played it down in the post-match interviews and praised Pliskova, while Mouratoglou spent all his interview on french tv saying this knee problem was the fact she couldn't play better and no words on the performance of her opponent, bad form and not fairplay but it's nothing new he always has excuses when she loses

This is one of the worst major semis I've ever watched

That said, listening to these two fuckers complain all match has made it 20x worse, show some dignity when you're calling a match. Even when Monfils makes a great shot they're bitching. Do your jobs.

I really enjoy listening to Mac, Fowler, Gilbert too...but that was pathetic

And suddenly they're sucking Monfils dick when it turns around

break/break

you can't script this shit and each trying to head game the other, joker just did it to himself

I don't get the feeling that Nole is comfortable at all, this thing is just awkward

now it's probably over

man he's ripe for the picking, hope Stan can get that third major

Back