2016 NFL Survivor discussion

Mariota has been playing very well. I'm surprised Tennessee is getting points.

So the NYG and Detriot have 2 games coming up that are not difficult. If anyone hasn't used either team. They could provide some value.

i think i like gmen better....... jags are a team that can be scary... bears not so much...... so i fully expect Cutler to be montana this sunday

Bears are going to have to adjust without Alshon. Meredith can make plays. I'm not sure how how much Cutler trusts him or if they are even on the same page. Losing your #1 WR hurts. Whether you admit it or not.

I think I'm going G-men and Lions this week. How many opportunities are you going to use either of these teams.

I am going with NYG this week. Our pool makes us start picking two games in week 14. Lions host Bears that week, so may be a reason to not burn them this week, though I hate using the look ahead strategy. NYG also play Browns next week if anyone is thinking of holding off on the short week

Used SEA/CAR/MIA/CIN/MIN/BUF/DEN/NE/DAL/ARZ and have DET, KC, OAK, PIT, and the Jints on my shortlist for this week. My problem is next week if I don't fuck up this week's pick. I'd like to use the Jints in week 11 but feel like I'm going to need them for week 12 @CLE. All the low hanging fruit has been picked so I'd be left with ATL, NO, Pit on the road, or PHI in the Monday nighter against GB in their 3rd B2B2B roady. Slim pickings IMO. Leaning heavily to using the Jints at CLE in week 12.
So, do I burn PIT who has future value, or use DET, OAK, or KC? DET and OAK are high wire acts that will probably prevail but I'm leaning towards KC at home against Jameis's tampons. Live in Tampa and not sold on that team at all but admit they are dangerous, especially on the road for some reason. They're coming off a big win and heading to Arrowhead where KC is historically tough. I'm thinking KC at this point in time but still have until Sat to make the final call.

I'm glad I have the Dolphins to use in Week 12 should I get that far. I imagine most used them when they played the Browns

On to week 12. Pretty sure I will be on Miami as mentioned in the post above. Only other realistic options for me are the Seahawks, Denver and the Eagles

I can use Buffalo, Dallas, New Orleans, Miami, and the Giants. I need some input.

I got a couple teams I could use. Still thinking of who. One of the other guys still left in my league still has NE, so I think he'll take them.

[TABLE="width: 639"]
<thead>[TR="bgcolor: #D8D9D4"]
[TH="class: first, align: left"]Week[/TH]
[TH="align: left"]Your Pick[/TH]
[TH="colspan: 2, align: left"]Schedule/Result[/TH]
[TH="align: left"] [/TH]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody>[TR="class: first past-week even"]
[TD]2 (Sep 13)[/TD]
[TD]Carolina over San Francisco[/TD]
[TD]Correct[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]CAR 46, SFO 27[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: past-week odd"]
[TD="class: first"]3 (Sep 20)[/TD]
[TD]Seattle over San Francisco[/TD]
[TD]Correct[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]SEA 37, SFO 18[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: past-week even"]
[TD="class: first"]4 (Sep 27)[/TD]
[TD]Cincinnati over Miami[/TD]
[TD]Correct[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]CIN 22, MIA 7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: first"]5 (Oct 4)[/TD]
[TD]New England over Cleveland[/TD]
[TD]Correct[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]NWE 33, CLE 13[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: first"]6 (Oct 11)[/TD]
[TD]Buffalo over San Francisco[/TD]
[TD]Correct[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]BUF 45, SFO 16[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: first"]7 (Oct 18)[/TD]
[TD]Green Bay over Chicago[/TD]
[TD]Correct[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]GNB 26, CHI 10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: first"]8 (Oct 25)[/TD]
[TD]Denver over San Diego[/TD]
[TD]Correct[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]DEN 27, SDG 19[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: first"]9 (Nov 1)[/TD]
[TD]Kansas City over Jacksonville[/TD]
[TD]Correct[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]KAN 19, JAC 14[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: first"]10 (Nov 8)[/TD]
[TD]Baltimore over Cleveland[/TD]
[TD]Correct[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]BAL 28, CLE 7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: first"]11 (Nov 15)[/TD]
[TD]Pittsburgh over Cleveland[/TD]
[TD]Correct[/TD]
[TD="class: yspscores"]PIT 24, CLE 9[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I am deciding between buffalo, Dallas, and the saints as well. I still have the patriots left but I think I am going to save them

right now leaning away from Dallas just cause it's the Turkey day game and Washington has looked pretty good recently. Not sure if I trust the saints or bills but leaning bills

I am deciding between buffalo, Dallas, and the saints as well. I still have the patriots left but I think I am going to save them

right now leaning away from Dallas just cause it's the Turkey day game and Washington has looked pretty good recently. Not sure if I trust the saints or bills but leaning bills
BILLS OR SAINTS ​should be fine.

I'm considering Tennessee this week; Barkley officially starting suspensions and injuries too for the bears I. Believe

Used SEA/CAR/MIA/CIN/MIN/BUF/DEN/NE/DAL/ARZ/PIT. Got off of KC and burnt PIT last week fortunately. Buddy of mine talked me off KC using the the old 'bird in the hand' speech. Mark, I owe you drinks.:cheers3: Using the jints this week at CLE. Really not considering much else in this spot. NO I guess is in play as is TEN on the road for the second of a B2B. ATL and BAL would make sense considering how banged up CIN is and ARZ traveling again for the second week in a row. I held back the jints last week to use them this week and it looks like I'm going to. Little excitement on this end. Hope to talk again next week when I'll be down to ATL, NO, OAK, SD, and maybe BAL.

I swear every time I lose in Survivor pools is because I back the Giants on the road. So be wary. I also have a general rule to not take road teams and to not bet against teams after their bye week.

Been trying to 'map out' the remaining weeks and I think it may be saints for me this week. I like the Bills better but they have the Browns at home in a couple of weeks so that may be a better spot to use them.

I took Saints. Gonna take a rookie QB in Goff to knock me out. Go Saints!

Solid pick. Rams are a disaster. It's really Fisher who is a disaster. I have 1 problem with taking the Saints here. Their offense might allow Gurley to have his breakout game. If this happens, the Rams D can stifle this offense enough. I think Giants is a good survivor pick

I can use Tenny or Seattle for my 2nd pick. If I let Seattle slide and use Tenny on the road. Not sure when I can use Seattle again. They have SF at the end of the season, but they could have everything wrapped up by then.

Almost no losers in my pool in week 12. This is the last week before we have to start picking 2 per week. Not a lot to love here for me. Looking at ATL, PHI, DEN, SEA and maybe WASH. Leaning DEN and ATL

I have the Packers and Raiders available this week. Would like to keep the Raiders for week 16 vs. Indy. Do we trust that the Pack is back after last night with Houston coming to town?

Almost no losers in my pool in week 12. This is the last week before we have to start picking 2 per week. Not a lot to love here for me. Looking at ATL, PHI, DEN, SEA and maybe WASH. Leaning DEN and ATL
I think Denver is a good play. Especially after that loss.

Used SEA/CAR/MIA/CIN/MIN/BUF/DEN/NE/DAL/ARZ/PIT/NYG. Six left in my pool of which two of us had the Jints and the other 4 had Buff. Tough being a Jags fan for a day but they kept it interesting into the 4th. On we go. GB, NO, ATL, SD, BAL and I suppose OAK are my potential choices. Leaning GB after last nights performance. They still have major issues on both sides of the ball but HOU is a mess. Tosswilder against Rodgers, enough said. The other 5 I have available all have potentially dangerous opponents. DET, BUF, MIA, TB, KC have all looked decent to solid in recent weeks so really not interested in stepping in front of any of those trains. Good luck this week and hope to be posting again in week 14.

This is where it starts to get interesting. I remember a few years back I was in it this long and had 'saved' a team for later, only to come that they had everything locked up going into the week and rested all their starters so I had to go elsewhere and lost. Don't think I am going to be making the same mistake this time. I am pretty sure I will be in this situation with the Cowboys as I have not used them yet, and by the time I would they could have home field wrapped up.

While prudent planning is good, and I would love to keep the Patriots on the shelf for either next week at home vs the Ravens or week 16 at home vs the Jets, I don't think I can pass playing them this week.

Only other option is I still have the Seahawks available as well so they may be a great option against the Panthers. Just not sure I can trust the Seahawks after what I saw last week.

I think Denver is a good play. Especially after that loss.

Think Denver has to be my play. If I don't use them this week, their last 3 games are @ Ten, vs NE, @ KC. Not exactly ideal situations

Think Denver has to be my play. If I don't use them this week, their last 3 games are @ Ten, vs NE, @ KC. Not exactly ideal situations

I think Denver is a good play. i'm Looking at Seattle and Denver this week. Both teams don't have any easy games left

I think if you have Seattle (or NE) left you have to play them here. While it would be nice to save either of them for a few weeks down the road, don't think you can think like that at this point in the season and have to take the best option you have left.

After those two, I would rank the options as: Packers, Chargers, Broncos, Saints.

I have my next three weeks mapped out (NE, Detroit, Seattle) and I am hoping that finishes it. I have never had one of these go further than week 15, even though my pool has over 500 entries. IN my pool, after Week 17 all remaining teams split the pot.

The other one I am still alive in is the type where you can pick teams as many times as you want. Down to 20 in that one, but this one usually goes into the playoffs which is where it gets very interesting.

I have the Packers and Raiders available this week. Would like to keep the Raiders for week 16 vs. Indy. Do we trust that the Pack is back after last night with Houston coming to town?

depends what you have left, but don't let a dominant win against a mediocre team in a backs-against-the-wall situation make you think they're back

Fuck, putting my pick on San Diego. One of the other guys has NE left so I know he'll be using them. I don't feel overly confident backing the Chargers.

Changed my pick to Atlanta. Lost game on a 2 point attempt returned for a TD. KC also scored on a pick 6 and a fake punt. Brutal

WAS going to use ATL but saw schedule and decided to save them for week 15 vs SF at home which i like even more and switched my pick to BALT...... still about 90 ppl in mine with 110k prize pool need some upsets to get this down...... a GB loss yesterday woulda been nice .... but o well onto next week where i like LIONS......

problem is the whole world prob on em as i doubt many ppl have used DET and this is where they prob lay an egg.... statistically those are the upsets that happen and shake up a Survivor pool

WAS going to use ATL but saw schedule and decided to save them for week 15 vs SF at home which i like even more and switched my pick to BALT...... still about 90 ppl in mine with 110k prize pool need some upsets to get this down...... a GB loss yesterday woulda been nice .... but o well onto next week where i like LIONS......
Detroit is the play.

Based on my teams left, Detroit is the play for me as well. Bears have looked like a decent, fighting football team so that scares me a little. But not kidding myself as last week was at home vs. the Rams. Detroit needs to keep winning to seal the division, and they are in line for a bye potentially so don't see any sort of letdown from them here. One of those games they have to win.

Other options I see this week are the Pats if you still have them, at home in primetime pretty good play though not the best spot for them; Indianapolis, but can you really trust that team; Cincy, same as Indy, can you really trust them, plus this is likely to be a Super Bowl of sorts for Cleveland; Falcons, off the loss, against what I think is a pretty bad team; Vikings, playing for their playoff lives as well against what I think is one of the worst teams in the league, but I could not back them on the road for the life of me.

Jeebus 110k prize pool? Send me that link for next year. Thought the one I was in was big money at 25K. Mine went down to 8 from 500+ all the way back in week 10 but we have not lost anyone since surprisingly. Looked at the pcik history of the survivors and only 1 person has taken the lions so thinking my pick will be the popular pick this week so hoping no one else goes down again I guess.

Back