2016 NFL Survivor discussion

down to the last week ... i survived with dallas and half the pool was knocked out which was nice leaving us with just 37 entries..... hopefully half go down this weekend again get this under 20 would guarantee everyone about 6k...... so my choices..... i can use colts at home vs jags...... minny at home bears....... bucs at home vs carolina..... eagles at home vs dallas....... i initially liked colts and minny best... as jags and bears are dumpster fires.....jags got there W this weekend and as long as luck plays i expect a W there... Minny should grind out a W vs bears but minny so beat up tough..... then its bucs whose lookin to next year and carolina who looks like they quit.... just a matter of does tampa care?? and eagles at home vs dallas who likely playing nobody as they prepare for a super bowl run would think eagles wanna go on a high note beating gmen n dallas (even if its backups) to end yr give carson some confidence going into next yr.. any thoughts always appreciative, my initial was minny but they are so banged up just wonder if there ready for off season and bears are playing hard then colts and now im on colts and i dont like changing off first pick as usually a bad omen but i think my reasoning is justified.... if luck and starters play i expect them to handle jags at home... jags are terrrrrrrrrible

Oh yeah, that game hurt badly. THought I was going to get an Xmas miracle for a while there. But kickers suck as does the Seattle defense.

Survived in my other pool, now just need to pick a winner this week (this is a pool where you can pick whoever you want) and make it into the playoffs where it gets tough. Obviously the Patriots are a top choice, but need to be careful about people resting people and people who got things locked up.

For standard leagues if you are still alive, I will offer what guidance I can after seeing the clinching scenarios...but I think Washington is a pretty good selection that you probably still have left. The Giants are likely resting people, and if they win they are in (pretty sure).

ya i dont think NE will blow his two yrs in a row.... im a life long fins fan... and NE hand opp to clinch home field through out last yr and came in with the most basic game plan and lost and ultimately cost them trip to SB highly doubt he makes same mistake twice

liking the colts.... think they win at home jags still suck and unless LUCK doesnt play which i dont see y he wont it will be tough to switch esp since jags got there home W this past weekend..... although i do like philly but dallas backups can win and philly just not that good.... i did like minny the best as chi although playing hard just stinks but not sure how motivated minny will be, could be more motivated to go to offseason and not get anyone hurt...... bucs tough to trust young team with nothing to play for although clear carolina has quit....... just think colts, anytime i look or think of game i have no problem putting my trust in luck and dont see any reason they wont go up n down on jags and finish season with a W.....chi prob the only opponent i could go against that is worse then jax IMO

TRUE i just know its such a long shot its basically no shot .... lol.... i believe they need 2 ties to happen lol

Oh yeah its not going to happen for them...but since they are theoretically not out of it and wont be when they kick off, and a young team, I do think we see max effort out of them. I'm sure coach will be talking about whatever year that was the Jets had all that stuff happen in the last week to make the playoffs, but hoping for a tie is asking a lot.

I would still go with Washington if you have them in standard leagues. Giants are locked into there spot no matter what, so would not be surprised for them to not give a shit at all.

Same line of thinking would caution against taking Pitt. They are locked, and although the browns probably blew their load last week, Pitt will likely be resting a lot of starters.

But in my other league I will be going with NE surely and agree they don't let it happen twice. Dolphins are locked into 6 seed and think they have already said they will be resting people.

Scratch what I said. Dolphins are not locked into 6 seed and could be 5 if they win and Chiefs lose. But I am not sure that matters to them, although I would much rather play Houston than Pitt. But that does change my thinking and will likely be locking in my selection very late after paying attention to who is resting who.

Plus, the patriots are definitely playing for a lot and wont know the outcome of the raiders game beforehand or during.

I would still go with Washington if you have them in standard leagues. Giants are locked into there spot no matter what, so would not be surprised for them to not give a shit at all.

Same line of thinking would caution against taking Pitt. They are locked, and although the browns probably blew their load last week, Pitt will likely be resting a lot of starters.

But in my other league I will be going with NE surely and agree they don't let it happen twice. Dolphins are locked into 6 seed and think they have already said they will be resting people.
So I have the Eagles, Vikings, KC, Washington & Indy and Denver.

Last edited:
Washington is an 8 point favorite. If they win they're in. Philly also plays Dallas. I have to believe that Dallas will be resting players. It has been announced Thant Sanchez is going to start. I'm leaning either Washington or Philly.

Washington is an 8 point favorite. If they win they're in. Philly also plays Dallas. I have to believe that Dallas will be resting players. It has been announced Thant Sanchez is going to start. I'm leaning either Washington or Philly.

Would go Washington if it were me. Giants are resting players as well, but at least with Washington you have a team that is playing for something

Alright, in one of my pools we go all the way to the SB. Can pick whoever you want. Got so close to winning it all last week as somehow I was the only guy on the Patriots and everyone else was on seahawks and Washington.

Wild Card weekend, obvious two choices are the steelers and the seahawks. Who you guys think is the better one? Thinking steelers myself, but I have been underestimating the dolphins all year.

well that depends who u think can go farther.... and may have to use later..... pitt would have to go to KC then NE... SEA to ATL then either at dall or home games vs gb or gmen in conf ship..... i think strategy wise u take pitt..... but seattle safer imo........ that doesnt mean GB or Gmen go into SEA and win.... but if u can only take one team once map out .....i think u need to save NE for afc ship as there goin to SB imo

div rounds will be tough...... KC/PITT NE/ Hou or Oak and everyone left will prob take NE........ and NFC i think is a crap shoot..... SEA/ATL Gmen or Pack/DAL.......... GL PICKIN THOSE games..... think u try to find winner in kc/pitt or ATL as they beat sea and in championship games u take NE and let everyone sweat out the NFC title game which imo will be ATL VsGmen good luck... i assume once u pick a team u cant use em again

You can take teams more than once. I could take Pitt 4 times if I wanted. No need to map out, just pick winners.

Hoping for some upsets that I am not a part of, otherwise we may have a large split. Years ago, the one time I won, was the year NE went undefeated and to the Bowl. 18 of us left, but only I and one other entry said fuck it and chose the giants. May be something similar this year depending on who makes it.

think u will see alot of winners.... everyone will take NE div and conf champ rounds as they will be the only "locks".... the real pick will be superbowl NE Vs whoever

I think so as well. Though you do always have people who want to pick someone else in hopes of being contrarian and an upset happening. So will be less of a split than the 16 we have left. Not my style though, a split is better than nothing IMO.

So far thinking Pitt is my choice for the week. Hoping we get at least some on Seattle given Detroit's struggles but perhaps they can pull it off. Can't see anyone picking the other two games.

OK CTG, help me out. Need a winner, no spread-straight up.

Struggling because I feel like NE statistically is the answer; but (a) think everyone is going to pick them again and (b) I truly think Pittsburg can beat them so will be uncomfortable with it.

NE is most likely winner so i'd try to just survive at this point. Otherwise you're backing Ryan vs Rodgers and that's a losing proposition

Back