2016 NFL Survivor discussion

Jeebus 110k prize pool? Send me that link for next year. Thought the one I was in was big money at 25K. Mine went down to 8 from 500+ all the way back in week 10 but we have not lost anyone since surprisingly. Looked at the pcik history of the survivors and only 1 person has taken the lions so thinking my pick will be the popular pick this week so hoping no one else goes down again I guess.

The one I was in has a $950k+ prize pool. I was in the last 850 left of 9600 entries, f-ing Matt Ryan

Used SEA/CAR/MIA/CIN/MIN/BUF/DEN/NE/DAL/ARZ/PIT/NYG/GB. Slim pickings this week for me, pretty much like for the rest of you. Wish I had NE but used them on the road in their payback game with BUF. Detroit and Indy are my top options this week with ATL as a possibility. Like Jayhawk stated above DET is probably the consensus with what I have left but IND intrigues me. They pissed away that game in HOU early in the year and from what I hear in the clubhouse they are determined to make sure it doesn't happen again. Luck looked good but it was the j-e-t-s. D looked good but it was the j-e-t-s. A motivated IND squad against this HOU team with that QB disparity has got me thinking. CHI doesn't suck, especially on D and historically CHI-DET is unpredictable. Barkley has looked better but he's still no match for Stafford. I have until Saturday to decide and will probably waffle back and forth all week on which is the better play. Hope to be around to chat again next week when ATL will be everyone's top choice. Good luck.

Our prize pool is 22K, and I thought that was large. We have to pick 2 teams starting week 15. They allow us to chop it if it gets to under 10 people. But has to be unanimous.

I have to pick 2 teams this week. I'm on Cincy and Indy currently, but considering changing Cincy to Pit (or TB). Thoughts?

The one I was in has a $950k+ prize pool. I was in the last 850 left of 9600 entries, f-ing Matt Ryan

I WANT IN THAT ONE NEXT YEAR....... i like the 2 teams aspect starting week 13 if certian # of entries are alive... i was in one that had prize pool of a mill but long story short opening night 3 years ago he was raided as a past winner who had over 250k was deposited into his acct was in a book of an illegal gambling ring that was taken down and cuz of that when they cked buddy acct they followed the guy who ran survivor as they thought he was part of ring due to large deposit....... 3 yrs later he still fighting the charges..... state willing to drop all charges but only if they can keep the $$$ ... of course..............

I WANT IN THAT ONE NEXT YEAR....... i like the 2 teams aspect starting week 13 if certian # of entries are alive... i was in one that had prize pool of a mill but long story short opening night 3 years ago he was raided as a past winner who had over 250k was deposited into his acct was in a book of an illegal gambling ring that was taken down and cuz of that when they cked buddy acct they followed the guy who ran survivor as they thought he was part of ring due to large deposit....... 3 yrs later he still fighting the charges..... state willing to drop all charges but only if they can keep the $$$ ... of course..............

This the guy in New Jersey? Someone posted the story here this summer. So obvious that it was a cash grab by the local govt. I would have had to pick 2 this week if I had made it.

I'll have to check next year if the pool is taking new people. Don't think it's closed, though the guy running it should probably have a lawyer, CPA, and banker on speed dial

This the guy in New Jersey? Someone posted the story here this summer. So obvious that it was a cash grab by the local govt. I would have had to pick 2 this week if I had made it.

yup thats the one...... was in that pool for over 10yrs... watched it grow from a 50k to a million... straight cash grab by govt..... and unreal how they are gettin away with it...... if ur guys pool isnt closed i would love a invite next yr as well

I currently have Detroit selected, but may toy with the idea of Atlanta and Indy as well. Want to be a little contrarian. Thing keeping me on Detroit is that they are a definite no play the rest of the season with their schedule. Whereas Indy would be a play in Week 17 at home against the Jaguars, and Atlanta next week is the likely play.

I am already looking at next week. Still alive in two leagues. Finally lost one after a few weeks of no blood in one and down to 7. Other one lost a few (and one guy who didn't pick---who does that with 5 figures on the line and 14 weeks into the season) and can lose a few more if Baltimore pulls it off tonight. That one down to 17 or 15.

Choices for the week, in order of best selection in my opinion, are: Falcons (because its the 49ers and this is a game you need to win when you are fighting for the division); Seahawks (what was that last week? Its the Rams and they are now in a dog fight for the Bye); Texans (new vigor after that last win, need this type of game to win the division); Cowboys (after the loss, think they clinch a bye with win); Chiefs (win basically clinches playoff spot for them, arrowhead in November); Redskins (still fighting for last playoff spot); Bills (because its the Browns)

Of that list, I am thankful I don't have the Bills left to me because not sure I trust them at all. I have the falcons left so not sure I will be able to stay away from them. Same with Seattle. Cowboys possibly as well as I am not sure I would back them either of the next two weeks. Texans seem like a good play but Jags showed some good fight last week and I just don't trust Houston with what I have seen from them. Washington is intriguing to me but I think the other options are better.

Basically I am choosing between Falcons, Seahawks, and Cowboys. Cowboys have the toughest matchup of the three by far, but scheduling wise if I don't take them this week they are off the board. Falcons have two tougher games ahead of them so this may be the week for them.

Seahawks I want to take but week 16 looks like it is going to be tough if you don't have the patriots left on your list and the best selection after them is the Seahawks.

Used SEA/CAR/MIA/CIN/MIN/BUF/DEN/NE/DAL/ARZ/PIT/NYG/GB/DET. Snuck by with a little help from the refs in the last 2 minutes and live to play another week. Has to be ATL for me this week. Could use KC or BAL I guess, would not consider HOU under any circumstances. This is probably the last chance to use ATL so I'm 99% sure that will be the play. I'd be very careful if you're thinking of using DAL this week because that game against TB is far from a gimme. That D looks like they're playing 13 guys at times and the jints just left a blueprint how to beat the cowboys even with Eli playing with his head up his a$$. I'd be very wary of the Bucs in this spot. Numbers probably don't support my view but the eye test sure does. Good luck this week to those still alive. Hope to chat again next week.

I have Buffalo,Minny,Houston,Atlanta,Balty,KC & Dallas. I have to pick 2 this week. I have to pick 2 this week. I leaning Buffalo/Atlanta Dallas/Houston or KC

If I had to pick two this week I think I would go with Atlanta for sure (because you will likely not use them another time this year), and probably the Bills from your list. Cleveland is just bad and similarly you will not be considering backing them any other time this year.

If I had to pick two this week I think I would go with Atlanta for sure (because you will likely not use them another time this year), and probably the Bills from your list. Cleveland is just bad and similarly you will not be considering backing them any other time this year.
Atlanta does have NO at home the last game but it might be meaningless. I'm saving Minny for the last game of the season against Chicago. Maybe Dallas at end of the season if they lose their next 2, which is very possible.

why join one of these things with a million-dollar prize pool? No way you're getting that clean into a bank account

WAS going to use ATL but saw schedule and decided to save them for week 15 vs SF at home which i like even more and switched my pick to BALT...... still about 90 ppl in mine with 110k prize pool need some upsets to get this down...... a GB loss yesterday woulda been nice .... but o well onto next week where i like LIONS......
This the one I got you into last year? My father in law is still alive in the second chance pool.

why join one of these things with a million-dollar prize pool? No way you're getting that clean into a bank account

Even if you report it as income, $650k+ is a big number. Also, in the one I'm in, it is allowed to chop the pot, or at least guarantee some money once it gets down to a certain #. Getting $10k for coming in 10th is not a bad deal either

Time for Week 16 tough decision time

Looking at one of four possible directions to go:

1) Ride the one of the league's best at home: Oakland vs. Indy (also KC vs. Denver)

2) Ride a shaky playoff contender at home vs. a non-contender : Houston vs. Cincinnati

3) Ride a playoff contender with a young QB on the road vs. a dreg with a new coach : Tennessee at Jacksonville

4) Ride a non-playoff team with a solid QB on the road vs. the Factory of Sadness : San Diego at Cleveland

Philosophically, better to ride with a very good team or ride against a lousy team?

Chrhistmas Eve in front of 10-20 thousand (maybe) is the Browns' Super Bowl, because we know they're not winning at Pittsburgh the following week. Think they probably go back to Kessler at QB for the sheer hell of it, and I hear Pryor's hurt. Smells like another loss to me.

1) Ride the one of the league's best at home: Oakland vs. Indy (also KC vs. Denver)

2) Ride a shaky playoff contender at home vs. a non-contender : Houston vs. Cincinnati

3) Ride a playoff contender with a young QB on the road vs. a dreg with a new coach : Tennessee at Jacksonville

4) Ride a non-playoff team with a solid QB on the road vs. the Factory of Sadness : San Diego at Cleveland

Philosophically, better to ride with a very good team or ride against a lousy team?

Are those your only options? I'm lucky I have a few better ones. That can't be it on your list. If that is your list I would prolly choose Tenny.

Philosophically at this point in the year I go with the good teams playing for something. Tenny fits the bill and I personally think Jax is one of the worst teams, though they have showed some fight. Oak and KC are good choices at home but are both playing teams with their season on the line, something I hate betting against. San Diego can't be trusted in the cold against a team playing their last winnable game.

I am going with Seattle in one and New England in the other. Though I may play Dallas instead of Seattle

NE is obviously top play if you have them. The rest, in order of how much I like them, go:

Seattle
green bay
dallas
Tenn
SD
Buffalo

Clearly after being successful this long you know what's best....please tell me that you will not be placing your survival on the Texans

good luck

Are those your only options? I'm lucky I have a few better ones. That can't be it on your list. If that is your list I would prolly choose Tenny.

Philosophically at this point in the year I go with the good teams playing for something. Tenny fits the bill and I personally think Jax is one of the worst teams, though they have showed some fight. Oak and KC are good choices at home but are both playing teams with their season on the line, something I hate betting against. San Diego can't be trusted in the cold against a team playing their last winnable game.

Those are the best options yes. I'm impressed that you can have three of the top four seeds left on various lists. I do have Oakland squirreled away, have had them penciled in for this spot since late October before the Colts showed signs of life.
Tennessee is probably the better choice now, although I hate going with road teams.

jay hawk tell me that's a second chance pool or else you need to send out your picks so CTG member can get rich

gandolf i don't think you can make it this far and go with HOU. I feel like DEN can win that game so I'd go TEN if you're not worried about saving them or SD if you want to have TEN to play in Week 17

jay hawk tell me that's a second chance pool or else you need to send out your picks so CTG member can get rich

gandolf i don't think you can make it this far and go with HOU. I feel like DEN can win that game so I'd go TEN if you're not worried about saving them or SD if you want to have TEN to play in Week 17

The pool I am taking NE in is one that you can pick teams multiple times that goes through the playoffs so that is a different animal.

But the other pool is a standard eliminator pool, and I have been/am fortunate that I made some pretty good selections early on some shitty teams to allow me to have some pretty good football teams left for the last two weeks. My selections have been:

Phi/Car/Mia/Wash/Pitt/Ari/GB/Den/KC/Bal/NYG/Buf/NE/Det/Atl

Problem for me is I really don't know who I am going to take in the final week. Hoping that the colts win this week and are still alive for a wildcard spot so I can take them. Otherwise going to be slim options. Other option is to take Dallas this week and save Seattle for next week, but I traditionally don't trust road teams and potentially seattle could be playing for nothing next week so cant imagine I pass on them this week.

Basically it is down to me and one other guy (other 4 people are royally fucked with the teams they have left). I know he is going to be taking SD this week so hoping they go down, cause if not he has Pitt left for next week and I don't.

Used SEA/CAR/MIA/CIN/MIN/BUF/DEN/NE/DAL/ARZ/PIT/NYG/GB/DET/ATL. Stress free week with the Falcons. Tough choices this week on my end, pretty much the same situation as Galdolf. OAK and KC are definitely in play as is SD. Worry about all three for different reasons. Want no part of HOU or the TB/NO game and can't trust WAS at this stage of the game. But what about the RAMS? If you're considering using SD on the road in the cold against a bad team, why not put LA into the mix against an almost as bad team SF. Someone slap me please and talk me off this train of thought before I do something stupid.

i'm gonna take SF ATS most likely this week, don't think LA is even a likely winner so catching 3.5 is silly to me. Would not want to die on a the LA mountain after you made it this far

Problem for me is I really don't know who I am going to take in the final week. Hoping that the colts win this week and are still alive for a wildcard spot so I can take them. Otherwise going to be slim options. Other option is to take Dallas this week and save Seattle for next week, but I traditionally don't trust road teams and potentially seattle could be playing for nothing next week so cant imagine I pass on them this week.

Basically it is down to me and one other guy (other 4 people are royally fucked with the teams they have left). I know he is going to be taking SD this week so hoping they go down, cause if not he has Pitt left for next week and I don't.

normally i'd go with just the survive idea, but yeah it sounds like he will at worst tie you with PIT next week so I think you need to pick who he's not taking and hope SD blows it

normally i'd go with just the survive idea, but yeah it sounds like he will at worst tie you with PIT next week so I think you need to pick who he's not taking and hope SD blows it

That's my thought as well. And actually I think everyone left in that league will be on SD based on who they have left. Guy I am worried about does not have Seattle or Dallas left so either way I know we will not be on the same team this week.

So in a nutshell, I am channeling my inner Tip this weekend and cheering hardcore for the Browns. Will likely win me the whole damn thing before I have to worry about next week.

Guess another thing I can hope for is I think there is a scenario where the Steelers can have division and 3 seed locked up after this week, so maybe then they rest everyone next week. I have won this thing once before, but it seems every other time I make it far I go out because I have to pick a back-up team when the team I wanted is resting starters.

OK I'm tossing Houston. QB disadvantage is a problem, even though I think the Bengals light flickered out in the 4th quarter last Sunday.

I'm also concerned about Tennessee going against a new coach in Jax. Guys will playing for jobs and in the end its still an AFC South team I'm hoping to come through, something I've avoided all season.

I'm leaning more and more to San Diego. Rivers is the kind of competitor who won't want to see the Browns get their only win against him. I think they give a good effort this week. I've had a lot of success riding against Believeland. Browns haven't crossed over the 13 mark since OCTOBER 30. San Diego can score, they haven't been held below 16 all year. Saturday they're talking temps near 40, not bad.

Raiders should be able to win, but Carr vs Luck is about even IMO. Game figures to be one that will be sweated out to the final minutes.

KC-Denver I really want no part of.

i'm very cautious to buy a team off a good showing, but despite sounding like a broken record TEN dominated that game last week and may have won handily if not for two turnovers that weren't on spectacular plays by KC at all. They usually take care of the ball pretty well and can run the ball at will, while Bortles is still the worst QB in the league and a simple head coaching change will not undo that. They have been terrible all year, I see no reason why that changes and they have no crowd really either

Can't argue against SD, but Rivers turns the ball over at an alarming clip and can not scramble if he faces any sort of pressure. I'm concerned about OAK as they haven't been the same team since Carr got hurt (though he looked better last week)

i will be taking dallas this week and if they win i will be forced to take minny next week....... and hoping some upsets happen as i prefer not to split with 80 ppl

think the rams will win they have a much better roster then SF................... KC should beat den, should be able to run on them no problem and Den offense has been nothing short of awful lately

i will be taking dallas this week and if they win i will be forced to take minny next week....... and hoping some upsets happen as i prefer not to split with 80 ppl

At least your has the huge prize pool so wont be too bad. But I can't imagine in these last two weeks you don't lose a lot of people from that. Not many will have the pats left and besides Pitt next week (assuming they are still playing for something) I don't see any teams that cant get upset next week.

ID PROB go seattle over dallas even though dall is my selection for week..... lions are one of these teams that can burn u..... dallas has obv been good but u know what ur getting from them..... minny worries me week 17 i have them to use as well but that team seems to be falling apart and chi has seemed to play inspired ball

I agree on Minny. This is the time of year they typically suck even worse. Chicago fucking embarrassed them the last time they played & I've yet to see a big HFA for the Queens this year. Dallas then Indy for me...is what I would say if I hadn't been knocked out since week 8, so take my advice for what it's worth.

Have to choose between 1. Titans 2. Chargers or 3. Saints Leaning Titans. Jax playing for nothing (new coach could help them?) Titans need to win a Jax and then beat Texans at home to win the division. Thoughts?

Have to choose between 1. Titans 2. Chargers or 3. Saints Leaning Titans. Jax playing for nothing (new coach could help them?) Titans need to win a Jax and then beat Texans at home to win the division. Thoughts?

I just went with the Titans myself for the reasons you listed. Can't trust the Saints D for nothing plus Bucs still have something to play for. As for the Chargers, my feel is that most will be on them this week, and this is the Browns Super Bowl.

ID PROB go seattle over dallas even though dall is my selection for week..... lions are one of these teams that can burn u..... dallas has obv been good but u know what ur getting from them..... minny worries me week 17 i have them to use as well but that team seems to be falling apart and chi has seemed to play inspired ball

I am going with Seattle this week. Next week I am just going to have see what the board looks like. If Indy has something to play for I will likely back them.

Back