2016 NFL Survivor discussion

No love for Houston? Extra time off, get Titans at home who are not good

they aren't good. Violates my "only take good teams" rule for 2016 Survivor

I'm taking CIN. Short week is a huge problem for road teams and it took OT against the worst franchise in the world to get their first win this season

Agree w GW here. Going to save NE for next week at Clev. Also was considering Pitt coming off the L and getting 26 back. Chiefs were lifeless on the road at HOU. Miami tried to lose every was possible last week.

I try not to look ahead but when it's a coin flip I will look ahead. Arizona although a divisional game isn't as bad as they've been playing & I think the opposite for Stl. That said it's between them & Cinci for me. Looking ahead I don't see a ton of future"gimmes" for Arizona but Cinci still has the Browns on tap during a week where there looks to be some tight games.

I try not to look ahead but when it's a coin flip I will look ahead. Arizona although a divisional game isn't as bad as they've been playing & I think the opposite for Stl. That said it's between them & Cinci for me. Looking ahead I don't see a ton of future"gimmes" for Arizona but Cinci still has the Browns on tap during a week where there looks to be some tight games.

I looked at that as well (week 7), however I have the Packers at home against the Bears earmarked for that week. Was leaning Bungles, but re-thinking it. Might end up with the Stillers.

Sea Car MiA CLE ( I did two teams....hate myself. Though coulda done 3 so I don't feel AS bad)

Pitt this week. I say you can't get cute early...just win baby

Changed my Arizona pick to Steelers yesterday morning. Have about 1/3 of our pool left after 4 weeks, not counting tonight's game. Looking ahead to week 5, is there any reason not to take the Patriots, other than the entire pool will too? Other possibilities for me are Minnesota, Denver and maybe the Colts, though not sure I can trust them even against the Bears, and coming back from England. Rams against Buffalo? You know Rex was fired up to beat NE in Foxboro, even without Brady, not sure they'll be up for a cross-country trip to a team that is surprisingly 3-1. Maybe better to bet that one and leave the survivor pick to one of the above mentioned. Carolina at home vs TB looks good, but I've already used Carolina and I guess Cam's status is up in the air

NE, Pitt, GB

Pack off a bye, Jets look lifeless....don't love Minny on the short week....Texans are a similar team

Week 6 looks reeeeal tricky. Survive this week and anything could happen.

expect everyone in the world has NE, disappointing that CLE couldn't do it for me the last two weeks but they were close. Don't expect a win here, but I had PIT/NE and think i'm going PIT even though i'm sure they'll be very popular too

with that said, next week is gonna be hell if we make it there

I'm down SEA>CAR>GB>CIN and right now my interests are NE (toss-up vs CIN), PIT who I plan to use this week (@MIA), BUF vs SF (gross), HOU vs IND (gross) or who i originally circled, possibly Palmer-less ARI vs NYJ

with that said, next week is gonna be hell if we make it there

I'm down SEA>CAR>GB>CIN and right now my interests are NE (toss-up vs CIN), PIT who I plan to use this week (@MIA), BUF vs SF (gross), HOU vs IND (gross) or who i originally circled, possibly Palmer-less ARI vs NYJ

I just looked at week 6, and yuck. I'm down GB, CAR, DAL, PIT, so I'd be looking at NE (if I don't use them this week), SEA (maybe), ARI, CHI (barf), TEN (barf), OAK given KC's road issues. Let's get there first I guess

This week is tough for sure. I hate taking road teams but Philly is a possibility. Will likely be on Pitt but Oak and Denver are possibilities too.

Picked PIT but warming up to MIN. Feel like I'll want to use PIT later as they're the more talented team, but they are in a far tougher division.

Both teams looked great on national TV last week so that's another concern. Feel like HOU and NYJ both have terrible QBs, but NYJ has a scary DL that can always wreak havoc. Good thing I guess is PIT not needing to run to succeed

Easy wins for most people left in the pool last week, with New England and Pittsburgh handling business. Now on the the hardest week of the season so far, except maybe week 1. I have used GB, Carolina, Dallas, Pittsburgh, and New England. Teams I'm looking at for week 6:

Buffalo
Seattle
Arizona
Houston
Denver
Tennessee
Oakland
Philly

The fact that there are so many possibles tell me that there's no good choice. If Cam Newton is out, could also consider Saints, but I'm not sure why Cam would miss another game with a concussion. Have Buffalo penciled in right now. Though if Kaep starts for 9ers, may avoid the game. Fading the Browns has been good, but no way I trust Tennessee though they have looked decent most of the season. Figured I was playing Seattle a couple of weeks ago here, but the Falcons look like they can score on anyone. Tough week for sure

I know it doesn't help you any gps but I'll take the Pats this week & let the majority in my pool pick from the B-tiered teams.

Got lucky with Indy. There are some tough ones this week, have used AZ, GB, Cin, Ind so I have a lot of good teams left. We don't start until week 2.

I know it doesn't help you any gps but I'll take the Pats this week & let the majority in my pool pick from the B-tiered teams.

Yeah this is one of those weeks you wished you had looked ahead and tried to save somebody better. But that week for me was week 4, and I almost took Arizona instead of Steelers, so I wouldn't have gotten here anyway. Really warming up to Buffalo. SF is trash, has to fly across country for an early game. Not getting in front of the Falcons right now, though my guess is that they lose here. I kinda want to take Titans, but the Browns have to know this is one of the few winnable games this season. But if they start Whitehurst at QB, or Pryor or an as of now unsigned player, I may rethink that one.

as a niner fan, i'm telling you guys buffalo is safe. niners are last in rush defense...not good against mccoy.

Ya, Titans have been shit at home. Depending on who you've taken my list:

Pats
Seattle
Buff
Pitt
Tenny
AZ

Ya, Titans have been shit at home. Depending on who you've taken my list:

Pats
Seattle
Buff
Pitt
Tenny
AZ
i have every team on this list I can use except Pats.
Pitt looks like the play for me though
I almost wanna take Indy

Warming up to Buff after reading they the thread.
Worries Kap somehow played like he did in the Super Bowl year
#anygivensunday

Warming up to Buff after reading they the thread.
Worries Kap somehow played like he did in the Super Bowl year
#anygivensunday
Buff should kick the shit out of them but that is my concern as well. Kap could look like Steve Young and I'm not risking that. I wouldn't touch that game with a 10 ft pole.

Guys, no way Kap looks anything remotely like Steve Young. That SB year he had a very good team. Not nearly the same group around him. Nobody to throw to and Buff will surely lock in on him and Hyde. Not even Rob Ryan can help him this week. Buff my top survivor pick.

After a bit of a nervous first half, Buffalo cruised. Looking toward week 7 right now, pretty sure I will be on Cincy hosting the Browns. Other teams of interest are the Chiefs, Broncos, and Falcons

Week 7's best options are Cincy and GB imo

still not sure I want to back the Pack at the moment. On a short week, there is some concern; however they only have 2 losses and to teams with a combined 1 loss on the year (Vikings & Cowboys). Would expect Rodgers to silence the critics this week, so it may not be a bad choice.

Falcons and Broncos are two top choices.
*Chargers are playing better, but still find ways to give it away in the 4th quarter and Ryan/Julio will take advantage if they open that door. Think Atl is pretty decent and coming home after the tough loss to the Hags should have them plenty motivated.

*Donks get a home Monday night game against their former QB, coming off a short-week loss. Now, with extra time to prep and Kubiak back, they should be prepared. Osweiler looked like poo for 57 minutes yesterday, but going against the sieve that is the Colts D helped him a ton - Broncos D won't allow that.

KC should be gold, but I used them in week 1.

Cincy should be gold, but I used them in week 4.

still not sure I want to back the Pack at the moment. On a short week, there is some concern; however they only have 2 losses and to teams with a combined 1 loss on the year (Vikings & Cowboys). Would expect Rodgers to silence the critics this week, so it may not be a bad choice.

*Chargers are playing better, but still find ways to give it away in the 4th quarter and Ryan/Julio will take advantage if they open that door. Think Atl is pretty decent and coming home after the tough loss to the Hags should have them plenty motivated.

*Donks get a home Monday night game against their former QB, coming off a short-week loss. Now, with extra time to prep and Kubiak back, they should be prepared. Osweiler looked like poo for 57 minutes yesterday, but going against the sieve that is the Colts D helped him a ton - Broncos D won't allow that.

went with the broncos this week. I think the donks play with a bit of chip on their shoulder with how their d has been. Also, i'm sure Elway is in that changing room talking about how much it means to stick it to brock

I have either available.....scared of the in state rivalry.....haven't seen much KC this year and Saints off 2 straight wins ...even though Arrowhead tough to play at

I wouldn't use KC...we should move the ball at will but we have no pass rush and are down a starting CB. Brees very capable of going ape shit.

Back