2016 NFL Survivor discussion

I've used..CAR, SEA, MIA,PITT, NE, TEN

now Denver

next week looks brutal....actually had options this week.....next is a roll of the dice

next week is very tough. GB could easily lose to CHI tonight. do not take them. I would not take ATL either. I think rivers could go in there and put up 35. SD def is not bad. No way I would go against brees right now, even outdoors. To me, its cinci or den. I'm going Denver even though Houston def still looks damn good and fuller is back. really hoping den d is as good as they seem and osw can't even get a pass off.

Denver's losses only gave up 44 total points to ATL and SD. No way Houston scores here. but Den offense vs hou D, hou could be in it til the end

In looking it over, I think Denver is the right play this week; however, I need to keep next week in mind. Looking at week 8, I think Denver is going to be my best option as they have a home game against the Chargers. Looks like I'll be rooting against San Diego two weeks in a row.
Atlanta this week and Denver next week.

next week is very tough. GB could easily lose to CHI tonight. do not take them. I would not take ATL either. I think rivers could go in there and put up 35. SD def is not bad. No way I would go against brees right now, even outdoors. To me, its cinci or den. I'm going Denver even though Houston def still looks damn good and fuller is back. really hoping den d is as good as they seem and osw can't even get a pass off.
i noticed this too

I wouldn't use KC...we should move the ball at will but we have no pass rush and are down a starting CB. Brees very capable of going ape shit.

NO away from dome usually a different animal that I would go against but I'm with you, I can't trust KC. I think I'm leaning Denver at home. Kubiak back and he said Booker has earned more reps, his ypc quite a bit better than Anderson's and I think the Denver offense gets rolling this week. I don't know how Houston will score.

^^^^ Agree with this, just wondering where to go next week? Perhaps Dallas? Or, win this week; worry about next week, next week?

^^^^ Agree with this, just wondering where to go next week? Perhaps Dallas? Or, win this week; worry about next week, next week?

I think that is it. Win this week and worry about next week when it happens. I'm sure many will be on Den but I just don't see any way Houston goes there on Monday night and beats them.

Cincy an easy winner. Not much movement in my pool unless Denver loses tonight. Was eyeing the Broncs next week, but San Diego is pretty good and can score. Looking at Minnesota at the Bears on Monday night. Who's starting for Chicago? Barkley? Falcons hosting the Packers, and Houston seem to be only other viable picks

Tough week ahead. I hate divisional matchups and try to always take a home team. Going to be slim pickin's this week.

I think I'm going to be on the Cowpokes. Home game off a bye. Line slightly deflated due to Iggles decent win over previously undefeated Vikings. IF, if, if the Eagles had lost to Vikings, I think this line would be in the 7-8 range. I think Elliot runs well behind the best O-Line in the NFL. Dak doesn't make mistakes, although the Eagles D is a scoring machine. Like taking home teams and don't see much else that really jumps out.

Only other team would be Minny on Monday night on the road in Chicago - but Monday night home dog off extra rest and a loss is not something I'm eager to jump at.

Can't back Fitz and the Jets on the road, even against the Browns.

Tennessee on short rest against the Jags; off home loss to the Colts...no thanks.

I'm looking at Tampa at home vs Oakland. Oak giving up the most yards per game, on the road with a 1:00 east coast start.

Wrong team favored in NOLA?

I'm looking at Tampa at home vs Oakland. Oak giving up the most yards per game, on the road with a 1:00 east coast start.

Wrong team favored in NOLA?
Just a word of caution, Raiders are 4-0 on the road this year. Also they didn't travel back home after the Jacksonville game. They went straight to Tampa Bay so no travelling worries.

I think I'm going to be on the Cowpokes. Home game off a bye. Line slightly deflated due to Iggles decent win over previously undefeated Vikings. IF, if, if the Eagles had lost to Vikings, I think this line would be in the 7-8 range. I think Elliot runs well behind the best O-Line in the NFL. Dak doesn't make mistakes, although the Eagles D is a scoring machine. Like taking home teams and don't see much else that really jumps out.

Only other team would be Minny on Monday night on the road in Chicago - but Monday night home dog off extra rest and a loss is not something I'm eager to jump at.

Can't back Fitz and the Jets on the road, even against the Browns.

Tennessee on short rest against the Jags; off home loss to the Colts...no thanks.

I was eyeing the Titans too but I don't think I can do it. Cowboys or possibly NO. As crazy as it sounds, I may even consider Indy, KC not the same team on the road so far this year.

Just a word of caution, Raiders are 4-0 on the road this year. Also they didn't travel back home after the Jacksonville game. They went straight to Tampa Bay so no travelling worries.

thanks for the heads up cogenman

I am not taking minny on the road, division matchup, on mon night. I am not taking titans on short week in division match.

Maybe dallas after bye is only other choice, but no thank you there for me too

The pick assistant on my website currently has 32% of users on the Vikings this week. Haven't had one of those weeks where the most popular pick has lost. Doesn't mean it will happen, but would be nice to watch 1/3 of the pool get knocked out. But have no confidence in any other picks. Tough week for sure

Not sure if it really matters but Josh Mccown cleared medically for Sundays game against the Jets. Full participant in practice today. Hue Jackson hasnt name a starter yet.

Toughest week of the year for sure. I've used NE so they are off my board.

Scratch Denver.....Rivers is less scared of Denver than anyone.

Dallas....not a good home favorite over the years but with their running game they should win. Only other possibility is Minny coming off a bad loss. Bears are garbage....wish we knew who was playing QB for them.

Pretty sure Cutler is getting the start for the Bears. Dallas is tempting off the bye and Eagles off big win, but this has been a road dominated series lately. I have it narrowed down to the Vikings and the Texans and will probably go with the Queens.

I'm really tempted to go with the Jets against Kevin Hogan and the Browns or Tenn over Jags tonight. Talk me on/off.

McNown (sp?) is returning for the Browns in all likelihood. Browns will conceivably have the better QB based on Fitz's current form.

I'm really tempted to go with the Jets against Kevin Hogan and the Browns or Tenn over Jags tonight. Talk me on/off.

McCown is practicing and the likely starter on Sunday. I personally would rather get knocked out using a good team like the Vikings @ Chicago or perhaps the Broncos at home with revenge vs the Chargers than to use a bad team. I already used New england or else they are an easy pick imo playing w/ revenge after getting shutout pre Brady.

Used SEA/CAR/MIA/CIN/MIN/BUF/DEN Using the Pats this week. Had a decision last week whether to use Den then the Pats or the Pats then Denver this week and played my hand. Now it's a division road game which goes against all the rules. Tried to keep the Pats on the bench until I absolutely needed them and now is the time. Liked Dallas a bit but think Philly will come to play. Atl/GB who the fucks know with that one, same with Oak/TB. Jets on the road? NFW. Patriots it is. Good luck boys.

I ended up taking Titans. Just had a weird feeling about the Vikings

Lol

Really tho.....you lucky bastard.
Took vikes and feel ok....Halloween, whatever.

I'm lyjng, but I am looking to next week hard and see 2 games I like.

Anyone else have to pick 2 teams next week with your 1st being biggest lean etc?
My buddy who runs this one and has chopped a pot between like 12 people and still took home like 13 racks sears this is normal...

The rules were there so I'm not bitchin but sounds odd yes?

Lol

Anyone else have to pick 2 teams next week with your 1st being biggest lean etc?
My buddy who runs this one and has chopped a pot between like 12 people and still took home like 13 racks sears this is normal...

I think we start making 2 picks in week 12 or so

Lol

Sounds like a great idea. Do you rank them as well that way if it's down to just a couple contestants a winner is determined easier ?

Just 1 pick here. Survivor is just one aspect of this pool which is four pools in one. Half a unit goes towards survivor, half towards a WIN pool where you have to pick 4 per week SU winners, most you can use a team is 4 times and you have to use every team at least once (what week to I pick the Browns or SF?). Another half unit towards an ATS pool and another towards a O-U pool. Four picks each pool each week no restrictions. Each one of the four pools pays a winner and then there is a 1/4 unit kicker for the overall winner. Interesting concept for a pool so I had to bite. I'm a pool guy, what can I say. I'm up to 7 pools this year, this being the newest addition to my addiction. A couple of them are going on 30 years old. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the players on this site are in some of the same pools. Good luck boys with whatever game(s) you're into.

I like Indy and Dallas as well, will probably roll with Dallas. I wish I would have got home/remembered to look at Thurs night game. It would have been nice to be in with the W already.

Wow....I like the jets more than dallas and minny, I'm coin flipping between them and pats (which I know most of you took)

Scopey you're a jets fan right?

I honestly think the browns win. No way anyone should touch that game imo

Back