2016 NBA Playoffs: Second Round Discussion

Your point guard and shooting guard (Lowry and DeRozan) can't be shooting ft's like that if you want to win consistently. I expect that from big guys. Brutal.

I'm on 1h under and Atlanta 1h for less, guess I'm expecting somewhat a slugfest after last game. Don't like Friday night unders generally so won't be afraid to go against that in the 2h. Weird series already

hawks 1q tomorrow for me

I'm in a bit of a slump right now, and I expect this play to lose. But I am also on Hawks 1Q and 1H.

I would play this situation 100 times over again. It's the proper play on this game. I have no idea whether they will actually win. But if they have any balls at all they will come out strong.

Home teams generally do well in Game 3 when down 0-2 but when you dissect the numbers, the overmatched teams home teams don't.

Cleveland with some sharp shooters now launching from 3 point land. Those are daggers that crush the Hawks spirits trying to make a comeback.

I swear these guys weren't that good shooting the ball from deep this year. They've really stepped it up.

I hate these stupid weird start times. Whiteside is a huge loss

It is the difference between the Heat advancing or not. Massive loss.

The have nothing inside, Whiteside covered for no Bosh. Amare and McRoberts are bums.

Will be getting on the Raps to win this game SU at some stage no matter the chalk.

First will wait and see what Spo does to adjust.

Lowry been killing me since he was at Villanova.

Bet on him, he stinks. Bet against and he's en fuego.

Of course the Raps hit their FT's.

Most people on the west coast peak at 5:30 for happy hour I don't see the issue

Complaining about 5:30 as opposed to 7pm seems like a built in excuse. It's not 10am ffs

Yeah nothing wrong with a 5:30 pm local start. Advantage, nobody. Plus they haven't played in like forever.

Complaining about 5:30 as opposed to 7pm seems like a built in excuse. It's not 10am ffs

It doesn't matter. It's weird. I'm not going to explain myself again. Former players talk about it all the time. It fucks with players routines and throws them off. And I think it hurts Portlands 3 point shooting. Portland has never played a home game around this time.

Some days I wake up at 6am, some days at 8am, still probably just about as sharp unless I got fucked up the night before. If they're so concerned, they had 4 days to compensate, but 5:30 is a better time for us West Coast folk than 7pm anyway. If that's your angle, bet the house.

Issue is two flawed teams battling to get shit-whipped by the Cavs.

Motto of this series is whoever f%$ks up the least, wins.

Meat have shit the bed in the 4th quarter in back to back games.

If anything Miami are for the most part a veteran team off of 2 OT games and playing early on a days rest and it showed.

Will give them that excuse, just.

Lol do you understand how superstitious some athletes are? They don't just get up go out and play. Some take naps before games, some go to the team chapel etc etc. it's just a weird start time and from what I've seen it affects the home team more. I already liked the Warriors so I'm on them -3. Good luck

Ok, so how in the fuck can they perform when ABC makes a day game out of it on a Sunday? This is an excuse.

I actually can buy into the effect on the energy of the crowd, different Sunday night than Saturday for sure. But 5:30 as opposed to 7:00? We're probably a lot more alive at 5:30 knowing the night can start sooner.

Ok, so how in the fuck can they perform when ABC makes a day game out of it on a Sunday? This is an excuse.

They don't perform well especially to start out. Other than teams like the clippers who play a lot of day games relatively... Others start out like crap

Gotta love a dude that never put on a jock at any level telling us the 1.5 hour start time affects players

Alright. So I'm waiting at a bar picking up to go food. And overhead these 2 guys getting into a heated arguement. And they asked my opinion.
I wanted to get everyone's thoughts

It basically came down to who are the better athletes .... NHL or NBA players?
Why it came up was because of all this time off between gms in the NBA and NHL.

Example. This guys said the reason they give the NBA players so much time off between gms is because they play harder and he NBA is more demanding than the NHL.

I'm a basketball guy but no fucking way is the NBA a more demanding sport than the NHL lol. Fuckers skate like they're on crack all the time

Basketball is not more demanding than hockey. I could see saying that NBA players are better athletes in the physically freaky sense, but certainly not in terms of endurance.

And the other guy said "no way" take the Preds for example..... They play a 3OT gm on thurs then Turn around, fly to San Jose and play again tonight. The NBA supportor says because "they don't need a travel day" like the NBA players "need"

Example. This guys said the reason they give the NBA players so much time off between gms is because they play harder and he NBA is more demanding than the NHL.
Lol
i have watched many many nba games games full of lazy ass dogs

time off is for ratings.. Gotta extend shit so they have a game every day

I play ball too, so I told them I have no idea how hard it is to skate and play so I couldn't speak to that.
I have ice skated and it wasn't that hard but to do what they do.... No way I could do that. Even in my 20s

The difference in the levels of exertion in the first 42 or so minutes of a regular season NBA game and the last 6 is visible. They're lazy mutts compared to hockey players.

And making the comparison to Nash/SJ off of 3 OT with one night off is priceless. Freaks

Back