2016 NBA Playoffs: Second Round Discussion

If Toronto and Port couldn't win last night, I don't know how they'll win a game this series.

TOR -- Mia allowed them to get back in it in the final minutes. Lowry hits game tying hoop. TOR has all momentum going into OT in front of home crowd. THEN TOTAL COLLAPSE in OT. This team simply isn't ready for the big stage nor is their coach.

PORT -- where to begin? A 34-12 4th Q in a playoff game against a Curry-less GSW team...Another team that simply isn't ready for the big stage.

For tonight:

I like ATL again. Backed this team in gm 1, and felt like it was the correct side quite frankly. Really like the job ATL did on Lebron. Cavs simply couldn't miss from 3. No doubt they are good from outside, but I'll take my chances that they cool off a bit tonight.

Portland was just unconscious from 3 and the field in the 3rd... Lillard basically hit everything that he put up.. Henderson was hittin shots and mccollum (however u spell it) didnt think they would blow it in the 4th but exactly what NBA said no post game and they regressed from such a high in the 3rd..... everything in the 4th was a heave or jumper......... once it got close u knew port was in trouble and lillard starting heavin up prayers hoping to get he same lucky bounces....... for me when a team is leading and always able to sustain that run u think its just there game.... when port kept pushing it to 6/9 range everytime GSW got close i didnt think it would happen, be just one of those games u have to write off as one team not missin...... but once GSW made there push in beg of 4th n cut lead right back down port off possessions became much more desperate n u could see it in there play they were rattled n just didnt have that one run to push it back up..easy baskets hurt port... once GSW tied it with klay 3 i knew port was cooked

Portland was just unconscious from 3 and the field in the 3rd... Lillard basically hit everything that he put up.. Henderson was hittin shots and mccollum (however u spell it) didnt think they would blow it in the 4th but exactly what NBA said no post game and they regressed from such a high in the 3rd..... everything in the 4th was a heave or jumper......... once it got close u knew port was in trouble and lillard starting heavin up prayers hoping to get he same lucky bounces....... for me when a team is leading and always able to sustain that run u think its just there game.... when port kept pushing it to 6/9 range everytime GSW got close i didnt think it would happen, be just one of those games u have to write off as one team not missin...... but once GSW made there push in beg of 4th n cut lead right back down port off possessions became much more desperate n u could see it in there play they were rattled n just didnt have that one run to push it back up..easy baskets hurt port... once GSW tied it with klay 3 i knew port was cooked

Thanks for the summary. I didn't see any of it (prob lucky). I had Port +9. Went to sleep at halftime. I saw they had a 8 point lead with a 10pt 2H line. So I figured GSW would win. But when I woke up to see the score, I literally had to check my phone to make sure I was looking at the correct game. It's historically, one of the worst gambling losses ever. As emkee posted above, what port did has never happened in the history of the sport.

tonight game atl just not in the same class as CLE...... atl is not that good struggles to consistently score....... unless they go unconscious from 3 or CLE has a brain fart n decides not to play d not sure how ATL hangs........ think the east matchups are pretty straight forward .... i thought winner of bos/atl would get smashed by cle. after watch both those teams play they just dont have anything to offer..... boston may have given cle a lil more trouble if they were completely healthy... and toronto i thought would lose to miami based on how they looked vs indy..... and the way they looked last night didnt change still a one man show .... derozan will get his this series but dont see anyone else stepping up..... HEAT much deeper team... lowry clearly hurt and that wont change.. Heat didnt even play well last night n had every reason to fold in OT yet did what veteran teams do..... move forward and handle business.... think that may actually hurt Tor pysche more..... be one thing to just lose but to hit a half court shot all momentum at home to basically get bageled in OT

Thanks for the summary. I didn't see any of it (prob lucky). I had Port +9. Went to sleep at halftime. I saw they had a 8 point lead with a 10pt 2H line. So I figured GSW would win. But when I woke up to see the score, I literally had to check my phone to make sure I was looking at the correct game. It's historically, one of the worst gambling losses ever. As emkee posted above, what port did has never happened in the history of the sport.

ya i mean u probably have to put a * on that one cuz GS misses curry... which prob says well port should have held on to cover..... but unusual circumstances usually occur for a stat like that to break..... port would have never done that with steph....... and with GSW offensive abilities prob one of few teams to flip a game in 1 qtr like that.......once GSW took lead it was lillard just tryin to find that magic he had in 3rd and obv henderson wasnt goin to hit thos miracle shots while GSW where just runnin clean crisp offense.... port is def hurting by the fact that they dont have a low post guy to go to for easy buckets.... everything is perimeter oriented n harkless n aminu r not guys i want to rely on for 48min... mccullum solid but he cant sustain it for 48 either

Let's be honest. It's a 3 team race on who wins it: GS, SA, or Clev. All these other games are just a formality.

Portland has serious issues...Plums is a very good player and his hustle is very helpful... i was pissed the nets let him go.... but he cannot be your only option...

The blazers would be better off with Lillard and Mccollum parting ways imo.... i'd trade CJ (if possible)... they need a more formidable two guard because right now they are way too predictable... relying on the jumpshot is not a good recipe for success

The reasons this team surprised this season are because the the majority of the west had a shitty season and a very good hca

Yep.

To open it up even more,

No road playoff underdog of 3.5 points or more had ever failed to cover the FG spread after having lead by 10 or more after 3 quarters until last night.

It is officially the worst bad beat in playoff history given the odds of it happening were almost non-existent.

No road playoff underdog of 3.5 points or more had ever failed to cover the FG spread after having lead by 10 or more after 3 quarters until last night.

Ok this astounding and very hard to believe

Ok this astounding and very hard to believe

Can produce the games as far back as 2000 if you want, it's very true. We're talking about the spread not the SU result.

VI says Bosh not playing the remainder of the playoffs.

Sure you guys know this and I'm just behind.

Seems like a chalk playoffs. Anybody know the record of Faves covering? Without looking and if I had to guess I think faves would be hitting at a 60% clip.

It's not Game 2, it's also Game 1 and the several games before that. When you own a team, you own a team.

The Hawks are LeCramp's mitch.

Have Game 3 lined as a pick 'em and the 3's won't drop so much in the Dirty but the Hawks do not match-up well with this Cavs team.

Cavs already open at -3 which is understandably inflated.

Seems like a chalk playoffs. Anybody know the record of Faves covering? Without looking and if I had to guess I think faves would be hitting at a 60% clip.

Correct, the favs are 31-19 (62%) ATS so far in the playoffs. Oh, make that 32-19 with Wednesday's game.

It's not Game 2, it's also Game 1 and the several games before that. When you own a team, you own a team.

The Hawks are LeCramp's mitch.

Have Game 3 lined as a pick 'em and the 3's won't drop so much in the Dirty but the Hawks do not match-up well with this Cavs team.

Cavs already open at -3 which is understandably inflated.

Yup, you can usually flip home and away spreads 8, sometimes 10 points for a Game 3.

This one is 4ish, lol.

Updated NBA Series Prices

CLE -6000/ATL +2750
SA -275/OKC +235
GS -8500/POR +3500
MIA -190/TOR +165

<header id="header" style="box-sizing: border-box; height: 49px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 5px 0px 0px; background-color: rgb(44, 55, 66); background-image: none; position: relative; z-index: 905; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Open Sans', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">
Live Help

</header><section id="widget-grid" class="" style="box-sizing: border-box;">
[h=1]<select class="form-control ng-pristine ng-untouched ng-valid" id="select-1" ng-model="params.sportId" style="color: rgb(85, 85, 85); font-family: inherit; font-size: 13px; font-style: inherit; font-variant-caps: inherit; line-height: 1.42857143; margin: 0px; display: block; width: 365px; height: 32px; padding: 6px 12px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-image: none; border-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); -webkit-transition: border-color 0.15s ease-in-out, box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; transition: border-color 0.15s ease-in-out, box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; border-top-left-radius: 0px !important; border-top-right-radius: 0px !important; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px !important; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px !important; -webkit-box-shadow: none !important; box-shadow: none !important;"> <option value="2" style="box-sizing: border-box;">NBA</option> <option value="3" style="box-sizing: border-box;">MLB</option> </select>[/h]

<article class="col-sm-12 col-md-12 col-lg-12" style="box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; min-height: 1px; padding-left: 13px; padding-right: 13px;"><header style="box-sizing: border-box; height: 34px; padding: 0px; line-height: 40px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border: 1px solid rgb(44, 55, 66); background-color: rgb(44, 55, 66) !important;">
[h=2]Officials[/h]</header>5/5/2016
[TABLE="class: table table-striped table-bordered table-hover, width: 100%"]
<thead style="box-sizing: border-box;">[TR="bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]
[TD="class: ng-binding"]MIA @ TOR(-4.5-110)[/TD]
[TD="class: ng-binding"]Ken Mauer[/TD]
[TD="class: ng-binding"]Derrick Collins[/TD]
[TD="class: ng-binding"]John Goble[/TD]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody style="box-sizing: border-box;">[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #F9F9F9"]Away Record(ATS)[/TD]
[TD="class: {success: event.Officials[0].RecordPercent > 52.38}, bgcolor: #F9F9F9"]297-294 (50.25%)[/TD]
[TD="class: {success: event.Officials[1].RecordPercent > 52.38}, bgcolor: #F9F9F9"]286-271 (51.35%)[/TD]
[TD="class: {success: event.Officials[2].RecordPercent > 52.38}, bgcolor: #F9F9F9"]293-304 (49.08%)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #ECF3F8"]Under Record[/TD]
[TD="class: {success: event.Officials[0].TotalRecordPercent > 52.38}, bgcolor: #ECF3F8"]307-287 (51.68%)[/TD]
[TD="class: {success: event.Officials[1].TotalRecordPercent > 52.38}, bgcolor: #ECF3F8"]280-277 (50.27%)[/TD]
[TD="class: {success: event.Officials[2].TotalRecordPercent > 52.38}, bgcolor: #DFF0D8"]314-283 (52.6%)[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

5/6/2016

</article>
</section>

Curry doubtful. Great decision.

great decision i think the sweep port without em........ i wouldnt even bring em back this series ......... ATL home dog fri night +3, i know cle is 11-0 between playoffs last season reg season and playoffs this year so far but shit if atl doesnt come out with fire have to think emotion should carry them ... if they can open a big lead maybe hang on.... i know its bad matchup and maybe cle makes a run somewhere in the game..... 1st qr n 1st half may be better way to go and look at half..... if u take all 3 1st qtr 1st half n game think worst case 2-1.........3 prob is right line after further thinking i still think slight value in hawks if cle is 7pt fav at home line should be more like 1 to a pk

TOR is getting a ton of flack in media and from fans. I wonder if they respond positively tonight? It's essentially a "game-7" for them tonight. No way they can go down 2-0 and expect to win 2 games in Miami.

TOR is getting a ton of flack in media and from fans. I wonder if they respond positively tonight? It's essentially a "game-7" for them tonight. No way they can go down 2-0 and expect to win 2 games in Miami.

more pressure is not what the raptors shitty shooters need

Taking Miami 2h. Toronto doesn't hold big leads and I'll take my chances the heat actually start running offense. The raptors cannot play with Miami in the half court. As long as the heat limit their turnovers the heat should be in good shape.

Back