2016 NBA Playoffs: First Round Discussion

Curry slipped on a wet spot, no amount of rest was going to prevent that.

No-one can state factually his injury would've been the same or less emphatic had he had more rest (in the instance of either of his 2 injuries to this point), but logic dictates that a less fatigued/'over-used' body part is less susceptible to the same amount of damage that a more fatigued body part is when exposed to the same level of trauma.

No-one can state factually his injury would've been the same or less emphatic had he had more rest (in the instance of either of his 2 injuries to this point), but logic dictates that a less fatigued/'over-used' body part is less susceptible to the same amount of damage that a more fatigued body part is when exposed to the same level of trauma.

The other injuries were rolled ankles, to which he is susceptible based on his history of ankle injuries. Slipping on a wet spot was just a freak accident that had nothing to do with the rest or lack thereof. If anything, his legs were rested as he sat out a couple of games, so nothing was over-used or fatigued. It's looking waaaaayyy too much into it for anyone to suggest that anything other than a freak slip was the cause of that injury.

CP3 going back to locker room for x-rays. looks like his right wrist. that would kill their playoff chances. Imagine Warriors with no Steph and Clips with no CP3. that would be huge for Warriors.

The other injuries were rolled ankles, to which he is susceptible based on his history of ankle injuries. Slipping on a wet spot was just a freak accident that had nothing to do with the rest or lack thereof. If anything, his legs were rested as he sat out a couple of games, so nothing was over-used or fatigued. It's looking waaaaayyy too much into it for anyone to suggest that anything other than a freak slip was the cause of that injury.

The slip/the nature of how the trauma-event was arrived at has nothing to do with it. It's the consequences of the slip/the extent of the effect of the trauma that is the point, as I said.

wow

Rowan Kavner@RowanKavner <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 1m1 minute ago</small>
Third metacarpal fracture on right hand for Chris Paul. Won't return.

12 retweets1 like
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover js-actionButton js-actionReply" data-modal="ProfileTweet-reply" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative;">
</button>

fwiw, no team trailing at half-time in a WC game has gone on to win SU (includes leads as small as 1, 2, 2 & 4 pts)

It's happened 3 times in EC games to this point.

wow

Rowan Kavner@RowanKavner <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 1m1 minute ago</small>
Third metacarpal fracture on right hand for Chris Paul. Won't return.

12 retweets1 like
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover js-actionButton js-actionReply" data-modal="ProfileTweet-reply" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; line-height: 1; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative;">
</button>

As if 2nd half unders needed any more of a leg up.

Now Blake seems to have re-aggrevated his quad injury. He's hobbling around a bit. Those are a bitch. huge knot in the top of your thigh. hurts like hell.

classic. last live total line I saw was 182.5, Port hits the 3 for 98-84 then has no reason to put up any real D, and Clips turn the ball over inside the arc.

Russ and KD put on a hall of fame performance at the post game presser

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/iUx2uDujOIT/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

Rest and injuries...

In todays day of age why is this an issue? Especially when the playoffs extend as long as they ever have. Remember, the finals start on JUNE 2nd.

This certainly wasn't an issue 25 years ago or even 10-15 years ago. Guys might play exhibition minutes the last few games but they didn't get multiple full games off.

Basically, 'Injuries happen'.

Mark Cuban is an idiot. Not because of what he said but more so when he said it and why he said it. Pretty sure that's part of why Durant called him an idiot.

Guess the thunder/Spurs series price? Spurs -150?

whats with the odd start time.... 6pm....this series and the start times are really odd. has there ever been a weekday game at that start time.....

whats with the odd start time.... 6pm....this series and the start times are really odd. has there ever been a weekday game at that start time.....

I just saw this now. Very odd indeed. Personally, as an east-coaster, I really like this start time. I wish more sports were on during happy hour (beginning around 5-6pm).

As for the game, I like the CRAPTORS here. They played so poorly last game, and should look to bounce back especially defensively. Liked the comments from Lowry regarding his play. He should come out strong tonight (or should I say, today?)

The slip/the nature of how the trauma-event was arrived at has nothing to do with it. It's the consequences of the slip/the extent of the effect of the trauma that is the point, as I said.

Of course the nature of how the injury occurred means something in this case. It was a slip on a wet spot, and says nothing about his rest or lack thereof. It was a freak injury that would have happened if Steph hadn't played in a month.

Mark Cuban is an idiot. Not because of what he said but more so when he said it and why he said it. Pretty sure that's part of why Durant called him an idiot.

Without looking, that is very cheap.

Two east coast games where the other series were sweeps...

It has happened before.

2002 I believe...

Pacers at Nets Game 5 started at 6 pm...double OT game...

Raptors Pistons started at 8:30...

This was when series were still 5 games first round so it had to have been.

That 8:30 start was good for me as I was able to do a final then cruise outta class and get there before tip.(man, I feel VK old now)

Double ur guess and you are 100% correct

-300 SPURS
+250 OKC

Love Steve Kerr but Stotts was robbed of Coach of the Year award.

I would agree... if the west wasnt an absolute joke

Brad Stevens

Part of the reason Kerr won is because Bud overtook it from last year... shouldn't be like that but I think it had an impact on the votes

i want to blame the 6:00 pm start but how often could i use that excuse

this coupled with the 12:30 game one start really sucks for tdot... road team has the adv in both

Back