2016 NBA Playoffs: First Round Discussion

It's not the start time, it's a team with no self-belief.

2nd quarter will tell us all we need to know about this team.

Game 6 we'll get that money back.

It's not the start time, it's a team with no self-belief.

2nd quarter will tell us all we need to know about this team.

Game 6 we'll get that money back.

It is the start time. For the home team it completely fucks up their routine. Ask any former player and they'll tell you the same. Everything from pregame meals to their freaking naps to their silly superstitions. These guys are affected. They got punched in the mouth and hopefully they finish this quarter with a bang.

these guys probably didn't even know the start time until this morning lol

This Powell dude for Toronto, I haven't seen him make a good play or shot yet this postseason

It is the start time. For the home team it completely fucks up their routine. Ask any former player and they'll tell you the same. Everything from pregame meals to their freaking naps to their silly superstitions. These guys are affected. They got punched in the mouth and hopefully they finish this quarter with a bang.

Seriously man wtf
grown ass men paid millions can't handle a 60 min start time difference

Why does it affect the home team but not the away team then? The Indiana players don't have pregame meals and "freaking naps"? C'mon dude, you're smarter than that. It's not like the game started at 10 in the morning...

Why does it affect the home team but not the away team then? The Indiana players don't have pregame meals and "freaking naps"? C'mon dude, you're smarter than that. It's not like the game started at 10 in the morning...
Jjump on Toronto second half, it's now their normal start time.. They should be ready

The away team is in hotel rooms and not "comfortable" so to speak. I'm not making this shit up. I hear analysts talk about it. It is what it is. I still think the raps win

The away team is in hotel rooms and not "comfortable" so to speak. I'm not making this shit up. I hear analysts talk about it. It is what it is. I still think the raps win
You make it sound like they're staying at Motel 6, LOL... And, yes, I do get what you're saying, but I would tend to think the later start time would tend to have a bigger effect, like when they force teams like Dallas and Houston to start at 9,9:30 EST - that's been a major complaint during the NHL playoffs this season.

Stats of the day:

(1) Portland is 0-9 SU & ATS on the road in the playoffs since winning game 2 @Houston to go up 2-0 in their 2013-14 Round 1 series. Portland has failed to cover the spread over these 9 games by an average of 10.87 points (they were an opening line dog in every game, as here for G5 vs. LA).

(2) Portland's reg. season road record vs. their playoff road results, over the last 3 seasons:

2013-14: 23-18 SU vs. 2-4 SU & ATS
2014-15: 19-22 SU vs. 0-3 SU & ATS
2015-16: 16-25 SU vs. 0-2 SU & ATS

The current iteration of this team has yet to win a road playoff game when they've finished the reg. season with a sub-.500 road record.

wow..... miami keeps forcing it into the paint

get some ball movement on the perimeter first to get the paint cleared up or something

they cannot shoot from outside...

miami gets the hornets uncomfortable for turnovers... leading to easy transition points

if the hornets are successful on offense and set up their bigs in the paint, miami has trouble executing.... lots of big runs back and forth

Back