2016 NBA Finals: Cavaliers - Warriors Discussion

This series is not let's take Cavs last year who went 6 and add in Kyrie and Love.

That style punched GSW in the face. Delly, Mozgof, and Lebron were in full out grit mode and the officiating allowed it.

Kyrie and Love are terrible NBA defenders. Cleveland doesn't have half the athleticism that we just saw out of OKC.

Just my 2 cents. I actually think it's subtraction by addition with a guy like Love out there involved in pick and roll defense.

I think the worry has to be the prep time. Cavs have been preparing for GSW for four months or so (?) and GSW off an emotional game 7 with a few days to prepare. If Cavs are gonna steal one it would seem game 1 is the best bet for it to happen

I think the worry has to be the prep time. Cavs have been preparing for GSW for four months or so (?) and GSW off an emotional game 7 with a few days to prepare. If Cavs are gonna steal one it would seem game 1 is the best bet for it to happen

This Cavs team is essentially playing together now for a short period of time. With a rookie coach... and are evolving and finding out their identity. If their preparation is benching Mozgof, playing Channing Frye, and jacking up 3's and trying to be like the Warriors.... that's not enough.

Not like it's Pop on the other sideline.

This series will prove why Draymond is arguably a top 10 nba asset and Love isn't a top 50.

Hard to see that right now but OKC was a nightmare for him on both ends.

He will find himself well against this Cavs team.

#1 thing to remember is the path these two teams have had so far to get where they are. You could argue that the cavs are well rested or you could argue that the cavs have no idea what's about to hit them

#1 thing to remember is the path these two teams have had so far to get where they are. You could argue that the cavs are well rested or you could argue that the cavs have no idea what's about to hit them

Cavs also not impressive on the road. They trailed in the 4q vs. Detroit both games, and Atlanta and 2/3 vs. Raptors.

Warriors' won't blow leads like those bad teams did.

Do the flagrants carry over to the finals? Very easily could be seeing Draymond miss a game if so.

Speights should have a nice series as well

lol, dude just asked Kerr why peeps question Curry's toughness.

Kerr - 'because he looks like he's 12'.

Kyrie/Steph
JR/Klay
Love/Barnes
LeBron/Draymond
Thompson/Bogut

These are some pretty good matchups I think...I don't disagree that Kyrie and Love aren't the best defenders but what they do on offense can wear these guys down too. Should be a great series and I imagine some 70+ combined attempted 3 games as well.

If LeBron sticks to the script and takes the ball to the rack and gets to the stripe it should a great one. If he turns into jump shooting, jacking 3's and the sort could be a short series.

lol, dude just asked Kerr why peeps question Curry's toughness.

Kerr - 'because he looks like he's 12'.

That is great. No question Steph can ball. I think also he comes off as aloof which I'm sure is part of his process as well.

He comes off as the soft, entitled, spoiled rich kid is why I think people question his toughness.

Is Lue going to bring Mozgov back to the rotation based on what he did in last years Finals vs the Warriors after burying him on the bench since he took over ?

He might be but Steph worked hard to be where he's at. Can't question his work ethic or his toughness, imo.

He comes off as the soft, entitled, spoiled rich kid is why I think people question his toughness.

How does he come off as entitled or as a rich kid? Don't get that at all. People love him because of his size and his relatability

Is Lue going to bring Mozgov back to the rotation based on what he did in last years Finals vs the Warriors after burying him on the bench since he took over ?

He won't unless he has too, Lue gonna have to coach in this series.

Very curious to see Varajeo's impact in this series. Curious to read some of his feelings when departing Cleveland

Love VK but I think he has Steph confused with Manziel.

Manziel comes off as the rebellious, gritty, bored rich kid who gets the drug problem. Not the rich, entitled, soft kid. Also not a fair comparison to be talking about an MVP vs a bust.

Kyrie/Steph
JR/Klay
Love/Barnes
LeBron/Draymond
Thompson/Bogut

These are some pretty good matchups I think...I don't disagree that Kyrie and Love aren't the best defenders but what they do on offense can wear these guys down too. Should be a great series and I imagine some 70+ combined attempted 3 games as well.

If LeBron sticks to the script and takes the ball to the rack and gets to the stripe it should a great one. If he turns into jump shooting, jacking 3's and the sort could be a short series.
I'm pretty sure Iggy will get the starting nod over HB. He'll match up right away with Lebron. And Draymond will guard Love. At least start the game that way.

Quick question .... the start of last years series i felt like GSW was not quite up to the moment yet despite be the vastly superior team to banged up cavs. That isn't the case anymore and they draw another superstar who hasn't shown himself to be a carry the team on his back in the last five minutes of big games guy. Cavs are gonna have to be allowed to mug GSW the way they allowed them to last year to compete.

When you work hard and constantly get downplayed by your peers about your abilities you can be forgiven for being a little cocky.

Mistaking arrogance for confidence.

Westbrook isn't really a peer though. He's a douche. The rest of his peers are fully aware of his greatness. You could tell Durant is annoyed by Westbrook's post game comments with regards to curry. Westbrook just says stupid things

Might be slight but it is what it is. Let's no forget the old former players that bagged his ass.

Lebron is still the best player in the world. Curry can improve in a lot of ways. His shooting perfection will allow him to increase his longevity in the league IMO

Curry and the rest of the Warriors laugh at the hate. It actually adds fuel to their fire. I like when players hate on them. It's the reason they started 25-0 cause of all the BS people said on their run last year.

Curry and the rest of the Warriors laugh at the hate. It actually adds fuel to their fire. I like when players hate on them. It's the reason they started 25-0 cause of all the BS people said on their run last year.

That was all luke walton. Curry had nothing to do with it

Lebron is still the best player in the world. Curry can improve in a lot of ways. His shooting perfection will allow him to increase his longevity in the league IMO

Well you saw how long Ray Allen played. Curry's shot will always be in demand

Here's Curry at the beginning of the season.

[video=youtube;-Wi8zDC7-CU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wi8zDC7-CU[/video]

Back