2016 NBA Finals: Cavaliers - Warriors Discussion

Lebron said something along the lines of what's the definition of most valuable player.... And that's a valid point.

different argument than their slight with their 2015 championship run.

Quick question .... the start of last years series i felt like GSW was not quite up to the moment yet despite be the vastly superior team to banged up cavs. That isn't the case anymore and they draw another superstar who hasn't shown himself to be a carry the team on his back in the last five minutes of big games guy. Cavs are gonna have to be allowed to mug GSW the way they allowed them to last year to compete.

I don't see a question lol but agree with your point.

Klay Thompson did not have a good Finals last year nor for that matter Draymond as well. This year Green could go off if matched up vs Love and Fye and Klay is clearly a much more confident player this postseason. Warriors have all the confidence in the world now coming back from down 3-1 and I don't see them losing this Finals...might go 7 but somehow someway this team will win it all.

He comes off as the soft, entitled, spoiled rich kid is why I think people question his toughness.

media helps with it too, watch the series with the Cavs they always show Steph smiling, or with his kids, also in lighting, not dark or angry like Russ

would never show him like they show Russ on the left, LeBron will get shown like that

CjTV52aWkAAL_qf.jpg

Cogen you think Steph looked like his normal self tonight physically?
I think he is. In the Portland series he wasn't but he is now. No excuses for him. If he plays badly, it's cause he shot poorly. Or the defense stepped up. But I do think he's 100%. He's not limping or grimacing. He's ok.

I think he is. In the Portland series he wasn't but he is now. No excuses for him. If he plays badly, it's cause he shot poorly. Or the defense stepped up. But I do think he's 100%. He's not limping or grimacing. He's ok.

Thanks. I thought he looked better than he has physically tonight is why I asked... but you (and most in here) have seen a lot more of him this year than i have

media helps with it too, watch the series with the Cavs they always show Steph smiling, or with his kids, also in lighting, not dark or angry like Russ

would never show him like they show Russ on the left, LeBron will get shown like that

CjTV52aWkAAL_qf.jpg

good point

Since 2005, the highest closing total for an NBA Finals game is 205.5. Thursday's #CLEvsGSW total is currently 210.5 with 63% on the over.

Since 2005, the highest closing total for an NBA Finals game is 205.5. Thursday's #CLEvsGSW total is currently 210.5 with 63% on the over.

Really ? I don't remember any Finals games w/ totals in the 200's since the 1995 Rockets-Magic Series. I know damn well is wasn't any game involving the Spurs as it would have taken a game and a half to clear 210.5 in their early championships.

Curry doesn't get paid half of what he should be making for one.

He couldn't make double what he gets. Pulling in like 10 i think. And he isn't getting max because he hasn't asked yet. He will. Not sure of the relevance of your comment. He's not soft because he has a bad value on his contract versus his performance?

He couldn't make double what he gets. Pulling in like 10 i think. And he isn't getting max because he hasn't asked yet. He will. Not sure of the relevance of your comment. He's not soft because he has a bad value on his contract versus his performance?

i was referring to VK saying he's a rich spoiled kid. Think it's completely the opposite. Dude went to Davidson for heavens sake.

IMHO Curry living at the 3 point line is a product of 2 things.... One being it's completely unstoppable and demoralizing and two it lowers his risk of injury. After his ankle injuries I feel like that's when he made a more concerted effort to master the 3. This could make him look "soft" but that's complete ignorance. He's changing the fucking game. It says something when nothing he does even shocks us anymore

The reason people love curry is because he doesn't look like a freak athlete and people are more relatable to that.... Big imposing stars like Lebron are not loved as much. Just the way it is.

NbaFan you're killing me. His dad was an NBA player who made millions of dollars so I'm pretty sure he is/was a rich kid growing up. Davidson has nothing to do with your argument. He went to Davidson because he was a pipsqueak out of high school and no one valued him. Not sure of the relevance there.

NbaFan you're killing me. His dad was an NBA player who made millions of dollars so I'm pretty sure he is/was a rich kid growing up. Davidson has nothing to do with your argument. He went to Davidson because he was a pipsqueak out of high school and no one valued him. Not sure of the relevance there.

What has curry done to show he's the least bit spoiled? Anymore so than any other pro? The comment was baseless. That's enough of that.

Should be a good series. The NBA and the fans got what they wanted: Lebron v. Curry. I think the "scare" that GSW faced in the OKC series was good for them. Should see max focus all series. The only way the Cavs win this is if their 3pt shooting is clicking. The overall match ups on the defensive end for Clev aren't very good. And that will be a problem -- Love and Frye are crucial on O for their 3pt shooting, but can either of these guys fit in defensively vs. GSW small ball? Not so sure about that.

GSW wins this series.

Quick question .... the start of last years series i felt like GSW was not quite up to the moment yet despite be the vastly superior team to banged up cavs. That isn't the case anymore and they draw another superstar who hasn't shown himself to be a carry the team on his back in the last five minutes of big games guy. Cavs are gonna have to be allowed to mug GSW the way they allowed them to last year to compete.

And man was that a mugging last year. And on the other end Lebron just rammed his way to the whole initiating the contact almost every time.

Without the refs allowing that type of game I can't see this being close. Although, I do not see Cleveland playing that style... and unfortunately for them it's the only style they can beat GSW at.

CjTV52aWkAAL_qf.jpg

These graphics are funny but not realistic. Westbrook choked this series away with hero ball and turnovers. Curry clearly battled through injuries.

These 2 aren't even close. And with a ring this year, after one last year, and a 73 win season and back to back MVP's (one unanimous) we're starting to talk about the best player in the league since Jordan and will move past Lebron with another victory over him.

CTG groupthink running wild again. This is the same group of bozos and ref whiners who were throwing dirt on Golden State after game four last week.

He comes off as the soft, entitled, spoiled rich kid is why I think people question his toughness.

he may very well come off that way to some but he is none of the above...he's a solid guy and a good role model in a league full of punks...imho

agree

Exactly

The way i look at this series is the old adage that defense wins championships and that will most probably hold true here....the cavs are suspect at best on d and when bron's on the bench they really suffer...i can't see the refs allowing the cavs to mug the dubs as the league has seemingly tried to clean up the games with the increase of flagrant calls....so in my opinion the dubs have the superior d and on offense they have an even bigger spread than on d i feel....the cavs may steal one in oakland (doubtful) and they will win one at home but unless they go crazy from 3 land like they did in the earlier games i can't see them competing and i can't see that happening with the d that the dubs will bring...dubs in 6

I don't see it as an easy task to beat the same team two seasons in a row. Cleveland knew from game one this season that they were seeing GSW in the finals. Their path to the finals was pretty damn locked and GSW's was getting more and more certain every day of the regular season. You've got one team, bitter off of a finals loss last season, waiting all year for revenge on one end. And you've got the Warriors. A team who has enjoyed new and ridiculous successes and distractions SINCE winning the title last season. Do they have home court? Yes. Are they a better team? Yes. I don't think that's in dispute. I just don't see why it's not valid to assign a high level of difficultly to what GSW is attempting to do here. Cleveland showed us they have the potential to put up a big 3 point output. Are they strong defensively? No. Can they outplay GSW on boards and points in the paint? Yes. Is it possible for them to close the gap on 3pt +/- from OKC's loss? I think so.

I'm not saying Cleveland SHOULD win. I just think Cleveland is getting written off and that's silly. This will be a close series. Cleveland will not lose in 5. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs pull this off in 6 or 7...and I'll be rooting fucking hard for Bron for basically the first time in his career.

Curry needs to watch out for that little fucker Dellavedova. He'll try and get on Curry's nerves which is fine, but Curry needs to be careful of that fucker diving at knees.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fAnFAHBUE2Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back