2015 nba offseason

Lu Will signs with the Lakers. Not too crazy about this one, unless they move Young.

they tried to move Nick in order to free up some cap space to possibly get Deandre and LA, but no one wants that shitty contract that the Lakers signed him to.

Who is a better basketball player next season...Lamarcus

No they don't.

Lamarkus wanted to have the big contracts and all that and he couldn't have in LA, with Kobe.

As for ex-wife and son - that's what I read. If that's false, than it's false...

Lou Will, Nick Young and Kobe
too bad you can only play with one ball on the court

Lamarkus wanted to have the big contracts and all that and he couldn't have in LA, with Kobe.

As for ex-wife and son - that's what I read. If that's false, than it's false...
So you are telling me that he could not have gotten better than the 4yr 80 mil the spurs gave him from LAL?

Lakers could have given LA the exact same money

they tried to move Nick in order to free up some cap space to possibly get Deandre and LA, but no one wants that shitty contract that the Lakers signed him to.

Yeap, horrible contract and I really don't get why they felt the need to tie up themselves to Young for so many years. He is talented player, very talented, but there are so many problems with him. He is much worse than JR Smith, though they are similar types of players...

Yeap, horrible contract and I really don't get why they felt the need to tie up themselves to Young for so many years. He is talented player, very talented, but there are so many problems with him. He is much worse than JR Smith, though they are similar types of players...

yeah, it was a bad deal for sure, and they can't move until maybe the last year of the deal when it expires

hows the Kobe contract in your mind divol?

I don't know... money wise, Kobe brings more money to the franchise than he takes.
Basketball wise, obviously Kobe isn't a Top 10 player in the league, not to mention best player, to earn the highest in the league salary.
What annoys me a lot is that teams talk a lot about loyalty, fans talk a lot about loyalty, but when the bottom line comes up, people stop to care.
I hate the fact that Malone went to the Lakers, Pierce changed his fourth team in three summers and so on...
I more agree with Heat's approach to Wade and Lakers approach to Kobe. Players that stuck with the team through good and bad.
I just wish that players would see what teams give respect to their symbols and which don't.

The only thing that bugs me, is that Lakers first proposal to Kobe was max contract - they didn't even try to bring him down to smaller contract...
But I would have hated to see Kobe play in any other team but the Lakers and I really feel that any basketball fan, should be happy that still there are some players that stay loyal to their club and vise versa.

Joe Johnson possible to the Cavs?

14.4 points per game last year for the 2nd highest paid guy in league.

Only thing I don't understand about Aldridge to the Spurs is that neither he nor Duncan likes playing in the middle, and yet one of them is obviously going to have to. Maybe they sold him on one season of playing center to try and win one last title with Duncan, and then slot over to PF after Duncan retires?

It turns out that his ex-wife and his son are living in San Antonio. I guess this is one of the reasons...

Steph Curry's wife is Torontonian, he has openly stated he loves Toronto and has roots there from his dad's days as a Raptor, he plays monster games at the ACC...therefore by default he should technically be a Raptor?

I don't know... money wise, Kobe brings more money to the franchise than he takes.
Basketball wise, obviously Kobe isn't a Top 10 player in the league, not to mention best player, to earn the highest in the league salary.
What annoys me a lot is that teams talk a lot about loyalty, fans talk a lot about loyalty, but when the bottom line comes up, people stop to care.
I hate the fact that Malone went to the Lakers, Pierce changed his fourth team in three summers and so on...
I more agree with Heat's approach to Wade and Lakers approach to Kobe. Players that stuck with the team through good and bad.
I just wish that players would see what teams give respect to their symbols and which don't.

The only thing that bugs me, is that Lakers first proposal to Kobe was max contract - they didn't even try to bring him down to smaller contract...
But I would have hated to see Kobe play in any other team but the Lakers and I really feel that any basketball fan, should be happy that still there are some players that stay loyal to their club and vise versa.

Heres your loyalty:

[h=2]Spurs Pull Qualifying Offer To Cory Joseph[/h]
Also Paul pierce was here for years when the celts absolutely sucked and stayed and won a championship ,, players weren't coming here to play with a 36 year old pierce and Garnett ,,,

@SpearsNBAYahoo: Celtics free agent forward Brandon Bass to sign with the Lakers, a source told Yahoo Sports

Heres your loyalty:

Spurs Pull Qualifying Offer To Cory Joseph

Also Paul pierce was here for years when the celts absolutely sucked and stayed and won a championship ,, players weren't coming here to play with a 36 year old pierce and Garnett ,,,

May be just a procedural move to free cap space and re-sign him using the bi-annual exemption or perhaps he asked out cuz he will make more in free agency and get a bigger role than just 3rd string PG. Joseph is from Toronto I believe and he would be a great fit for the Raptors, and a lot of teams should be after him because he can shoot and play D....I would hate to see him leave the Spurs.

I like the fact that Kobe is a Laker and that's it. I think it is a badge of honor and been great that he has only played there(and hopefully ends there).

D-Wade the same, but I fear it will not be this way. I think Wade County left about 48 milli on the table over the years....granted they slicked him out this time, but I bet he ventures off likely.

It is a lost (art,lol?)deal where players stick with one team for the career........guys having like 2 or 3 tours with a team, sometimes a few years apart.....sucks.

Steph Curry's wife is Torontonian, he has openly stated he loves Toronto and has roots there from his dad's days as a Raptor, he plays monster games at the ACC...therefore by default he should technically be a Raptor?

Not saying he is right/wrong or anything TM,

BUT....it is a bit different.....the scenarios you are describing:shake:

May be just a procedural move to free cap space and re-sign him using the bi-annual exemption or perhaps he asked out cuz he will make more in free agency and get a bigger role than just 3rd string PG. Joseph is from Toronto I believe and he would be a great fit for the Raptors, and a lot of teams should be after him because he can shoot and play D....I would hate to see him leave the Spurs.

Close to a deal with raps...

i posted that in regards to the loyalty bullshit... It is a business !

Joseph a good signing for 4 years

Raps D has taken a huge jump with DC and now Joseph replacing grievus and Williams

They could still use another big but look like they could be the tram from the first 40 last year vs the 2nd half

Joe Johnson possible to the Cavs?

14.4 points per game last year for the 2nd highest paid guy in league.

He would be plenty overpaid but put him in at the 3 point line and tell him to only take open shots and he could be a monster for them efficiency wise

Joe Johnson isn't overpaid. He deserved every penny when the contract was signed. It's not an individual sport. The nets have deep problems but Johnson wasn't one of them IMO.

This beautiful picture would appear to indicate that we've seen 60 contracts handed out across the NBA in five days https://t.co/VV75uPp3y4
Nice. Pretty helpful pic, all color coded too. I'll post it here.

CJM3l_2WEAAGpDT.png:large

Damian Lillard getting paid. But he lost his full starting lineup: Aldridge, Mathews, Lopez, Batum, and even Afflalo is gone. The money is good but he's going to be really frustrated.

Joe Johnson isn't overpaid. He deserved every penny when the contract was signed. It's not an individual sport. The nets have deep problems but Johnson wasn't one of them IMO.

hes not worth 24m next year

so ya he's overpaid for the cavs if they pick him up, dont know how anyone could think different

also in the years since his contract, the league has been in a situation where you can essentially only have 2 max guys if you want to build a team, you're not winning the title with Joe Johnson as your 1st or 2nd best player unless LeBron was the 1st, so he's been overpaid

Only thing I don't understand about Aldridge to the Spurs is that neither he nor Duncan likes playing in the middle, and yet one of them is obviously going to have to. Maybe they sold him on one season of playing center to try and win one last title with Duncan, and then slot over to PF after Duncan retires?

This seems plausible...and maybe Timmay agreed the othetr way too.

He would be plenty overpaid but put him in at the 3 point line and tell him to only take open shots and he could be a monster for them efficiency wise

I think it would be a great fit for them tbh...

He is better than what he showed last year.

I just still laugh at that contract...and Amare...the NY metro teams took huge leaps for a few years there...

Actually, and you know a lot of NBA, but are WAY off here. I like JJ and always have but he was never worth that contract. Absolutely absurd. He was in right position at right time is all.

It's more like the situation with Steve Nash, that stated that one of the reasons he came to LA, was because his sons with his ex-wife were in LA (or California).
I do think that players partially make decision on personal issues, not just brand, money and a chance for the title.

You're comparing a guy that is in the prime of his career to a guy that was winding down go to his final minutes played in the NBA. Come on now. He didn't choose the lakers because they aren't going anywhere for the next 3 years. And those are 3 years he cannot waste. Players don't just do it for the money and rings. They do it to leave a mark on the game and leave a legacy to be remembered. LA is not meant for LA

Actually, and you know a lot of NBA, but are WAY off here. I like JJ and always have but he was never worth that contract. Absolutely absurd. He was in right position at right time is all.

Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying. There's no point of playing MMQB with players salaries. Some pan out to be worth it. Some dont. It's not like the nets were the only team willing to give him that contract.

The cavs are going all out to win. He has billions of dollars. He's willing to pay whatever it takes. Doesn't mean it will though.

Jordan Farmar signed with Maccabi TA for two seasons for 1.5 mill each season...
I think it's the biggest contract ever for Maccabi...

David West signs with the Spurs for the veterans minimum of $1.4 million. Huge that the Spurs didn't have to use either their mid-level or their bi-annual exceptions because they still need to bring in a backup center and a 3 point shooter to replace Belinelli.

In related news, Coach Pop is Illuminati.

Last edited:
Wrong Gabe

I hope a lot of people feel that way. I like the way the roster is filling out. 4 players added that will get major time that they didn't have last season plus Kobe who is healthy. The team is all of a sudden a pretty decent squad. If there is team chemistry they will make playoffs. Remember me saying this.

Back