2015 nba offseason

@aldridge_12: I'm happy to say I'm going home to Texas and will be a Spur!! I'm excited to join the team and be close to my family and friends.

4 years 80 m

@WojYahooNBA: Spurs are aggressively pursuing free agent David West with a veteran minimum offer now, sources tell Yahoo Sports.

think Dallas has done a nice job beyond Jordan.. the addition of wes mathews is a big move on both ends of the floor..ellis played no defense and while he could score in bunches he was very in efficient.... Mathews is also very good playmaker.. so take away rondo and ellis and that alone is a plus for the mavs, now add mathews, jordan and if their draft pick Anderson gives them anything off the bench... Harris is good enough at pg with mathews, parsons and dirk.. still need to add 1 or 2 more to the bench and they have certainly become more competitive and should be more cohesive as a team..

@BobbyMarks42: Even with DAL signings yesterday, GSW, OKC, SA, MEM clearly a step above them. Elite PG for all 4 teams is a huge separation.

Gotta love the Spurs aggressiveness. Awesome management. Wish the nets had 10% of of the competency of the Spurs

Aldridge seems like a diva, and I'd fear the spotlight might fry him. He's had meetings with 7, including multiple meetings with some teams, and openly cancelling others. Dude is really milking this process.

I know he wants to go back home to the Spurs, but the Suns are younger and arguably would have just as good of a chance to win this year as the Spurs.

Huh? I would consider him the exact opposite.

Gotta love the Spurs aggressiveness. Awesome management. Wish the nets had 10% of of the competency of the Spurs

As someone said on twitter, it took 20 years and 5 rings but the Spurs have finally made a splash in FA.

As someone said on twitter, it took 20 years and 5 rings but the Spurs have finally made a splash in FA.

Change in strategy. Probably Duncan's last year (for real this time). They're +1000 to win the championship last week. Not sure what it is now.

Huh? I would consider him the exact opposite.

I actually also think he is a diva a bit. One of the reasons he is leaving Portland, was because he felt like Lillard was their main star and not him and he was getting better commercials and stuff...

Anyway, it's a steal for the Spurs and they can really create a threat on the West. It's hard to rate if they are better than OKC or GSW, but they are at their level.

I still rate OKC as the best team, if everyone is healthy. I think that Durant still the best player in the West and RW is the second best, with Curry probably third (unless I'm missing someone).
Again, it assumes that KD returns healthy of course.

I actually also think he is a diva a bit. One of the reasons he is leaving Portland, was because he felt like Lillard was their main star and not him and he was getting better commercials and stuff...

Anyway, it's a steal for the Spurs and they can really create a threat on the West. It's hard to rate if they are better than OKC or GSW, but they are at their level.

I still rate OKC as the best team, if everyone is healthy. I think that Durant still the best player in the West and RW is the second best, with Curry probably third (unless I'm missing someone).
Again, it assumes that KD returns healthy of course.
If LaMarcus Aldridge were a "diva", pretty sure San Antonio is the last place he would sign...

lol @ people who think LA is a diva. The media is just having their will at it and he's just playing along.
As mentioned, if he was a Diva why the fuck would Popp want any part of him?

He wants to go to a winner and since he stated that the Lakers presentation focused more on life in LA then the basketball it's clear he wanted to play on a team that actually cared about winning.

Looks like Roy Hibbert to the Lakers. Talk about a bad fit on so many different levels...
It's a great signing imho.
1) Lakers don't have good defenders
2) They need to fill their roster with 1 year contracts
3) This is zero risk trade. If Hibbert is good, they can resign him. If Hibbert is bad, they are moving on a year from now.
4) Clippers won't get Hibbert

He is still a solid player that can do a lot of good things in the league...

3) This is zero risk trade. If Hibbert is good, they can resign him. If Hibbert is bad, they are moving on a year from now.

#2 is the best point by far

He won't help them win anything of value in 2015 but he's a warm body and expendable for the 2016 spending spree attempt. He's about as non-LA as they come though. Dwight Howard was 5 times more fit for Los Angeles

And as an expiring contract, he can be an asset for trades.
Denver is looking to rebuild and looks to ship Lawson and perhaps others as well.

Its a cap filler divol, shitty teams take shitty expiring contracts . This is your LA Lakers

Since when you give up draft picks for a cap filler???
I always liked Hibbert. Not against any line up, but on one year deal, that you can trade, I like the deal.
It's not DJ or LA, but also not McGee or others...

Its a future 2nd round pick. So pretty much nothing. Pacers were basically giving him away to take his salary

He is 17.8 hit to the cap.

Divol, maybe the Lakers can put a package together and get omir casspi
Kobe casspi and hibbs 3 headed monster

Yup same here. He seems like a type B personality to me. Not cocky or someone who flaunts. Perfect spur

Been reading a bit and people are saying that he only appears that way. He many times shouted at his coaches in practices and many bad stories about him are surfacing up.
I don't know if diva is the right word, but he is one that wants to be the guy that gets top commercials, the guy that is the star of his team and a guy that coach will listen to his opinion.
He didn't get along with some of the players and we will see how he and Pop will coexist...

Been reading a bit and people are saying that he only appears that way. He many times shouted at his coaches in practices and many bad stories about him are surfacing up.
I don't know if diva is the right word, but he is one that wants to be the guy that gets top commercials, the guy that is the star of his team and a guy that coach will listen to his opinion.
He didn't get along with some of the players and we will see how he and Pop will coexist...
Hmmmmmm
So if he is as u stated above then why not sign with the Lakers????

There is a big article why LA is a bad player and a fit with the Spurs. I don't agree with that, but two stats did surprise me.

1) He was second worse in efficiency in the league (after DeRozan) for players scoring 20+ points
2) Here is a quote from that article:

A low-efficiency, perimeter-oriented big man who distastes wars in the paint , whose defensive real plus-minus ranking is 42 among power forwards who played at least 40 games in the league this year!

I think that LA is a very good player on both sides of the floor, but it's always nice to read opposite opinion...

Hmmmmmm
So if he is as u stated above then why not sign with the Lakers????

I don't know. Not saying it's true, just saying what I was reading.
I do believe he is somewhat of a diva and that he left Portland for all the wrong reasons, because he got jealous of Lillard.
Why he chose the Spurs? Maybe because he was afraid that this is now Kobe's team and next season, Lakers will sign another mega star.
In Spurs, he has no one, but Kawhi to battle, after the veterans retire...
Who knows...

I really hoped he would sign with the Lakers. I think he is an elite player and I don't think that being a diva is such a big deal. Most of the league are divas.

I don't know. Not saying it's true, just saying what I was reading.
I do believe he is somewhat of a diva and that he left Portland for all the wrong reasons, because he got jealous of Lillard.
Why he chose the Spurs? Maybe because he was afraid that this is now Kobe's team and next season, Lakers will sign another mega star.
In Spurs, he has no one, but Kawhi to battle, after the veterans retire...
Who knows...
Oh geez. Kobes team.

Divol, he signs with the spurs and has a great chance at a ring in less than 12 months. With the Lakers he has no shot at a ring.

Who sells more jerseys this year? Kobe or Aldridge? Who gets more votes to the ASG, Kobe or LA?
Yeah, it's Kobe's team...
Who gives a shit?
What team will be in the basement? Kobes

It turns out that his ex-wife and his son are living in San Antonio. I guess this is one of the reasons...

It turns out that his ex-wife and his son are living in San Antonio. I guess this is one of the reasons...
u are really hurting over this huh divol
let me give u some advice
once the lakers finally move on from your beloved Kobe then they will be able to sign players. no one wants to play with a washed up asshole.

Divol, he signs with the spurs and has a great chance at a ring in less than 12 months. With the Lakers he has no shot at a ring.
This. The money isn't a factor. He was getting max wherever he went.
He's been in the league 9 years and is approaching 30. He needs and needed to get to a team that can win it all, not rebuild. And at SA he did just that.

Divol I used to think you knew more basketball in one pinky than me.....

You think Hibbert is anything more than an expiring? What now they can really ball w/ Hibbert LOL???

twinkie,
divol wears lakers colored glasses all day long, will spin stuff any way he can to make it look good for the lakers.

Wasn't Hibbert everyone's choice for DPY just two seasons ago? He didn't have any injuries, but suddenly he is all washed up???

He is a solid double double machine, that can defend the paint like no one else in the league probably.

He is very slow and can't play against small ball teams, but to rent him for a year and see how he can play alongside other Lakers, while filling cap space? Very good deal imho, especially since Lakers can use his expiring contract in a trade.
Name me one bad thing about this trade...
If things go bad, Lakers will say goodbye to him in the summer. If things go well, they can resign him in the summer.
On top of that, they are sticking it to the Clips and picking up a possible trading chip...

I honestly don't get people that think this trade is bad... I would understand if they had given up a lot of assets or he would have taken minutes from one of the Lakers youngsters, but that's not the case.
Lakers biggest hole was Center position and they filled it with a legit NBA Center.

in one sentence u say they can use him as a trade then the next sentence you say the lakers filled their biggest hole with a center that can defend yada yada yada
which way u having it divol?

It's just a non event bro

It is like me announcing I took a shit this AM and then declaring "See?!! How is this not great? This is poo! Poo needs to come out my shithole and it did? And I can flush it and be done with it too!"

what would u rather be right now?
76ers fan or Lakers fan?

at least the 76ers have some young pieces

in one sentence u say they can use him as a trade then the next sentence you say the lakers filled their biggest hole with a center that can defend yada yada yada
which way u having it divol?

They have both options. If they use him in a trade to get a good player, I honestly don't care if we play Sacre as starting center in all 82 games. In the meantime, he will fill in a hole...

what would u rather be right now?
76ers fan or Lakers fan?

at least the 76ers have some young pieces

Lakers. I don't choose teams to root for, based on what are their chances to win the title.
If I managed to stay their fan during Ceballos, Van Exel and Elden Campbell years, I will continue to be Lakers fan...

Back