2015 nba offseason

I don't think that LA changes that much this season. But I do think that next summer, when Lakers will have probably the most free cap space in the league or at least one of... it will help them to bring big names, knowing that the franchise has three promising youngsters + LA.
We will see where he signs. I hope it will be the Lakers... :)

The only thing that helps the lakers is Kobe gone.....and someone else in the owners box......nobody wants to go and pay ridiculous income tax and work for this shit show.....

@WojYahooNBA: The Knicks are finalizing a four-year, $54 million agreement with free agent center Robin Lopez, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

@ramonashelburne: Marco Bellinelli will sign with the Kings for three years, $19 million

Very nice signing for Kings and for Bellinelli. By the look of it, Marco will be their starting SG and should really help Kings stretch the floor, since Collison or Rondo - both don't do too well behind the arc.
I wonder if Casspi will be their starting SF. He is a solid player, but he is much better as 6th - 7th player than a starter, since he is mostly energy guy...

Very nice signing for Kings and for Bellinelli. By the look of it, Marco will be their starting SG and should really help Kings stretch the floor, since Collison or Rondo - both don't do too well behind the arc.
I wonder if Casspi will be their starting SF. He is a solid player, but he is much better as 6th - 7th player than a starter, since he is mostly energy guy...

Casspi is one of the worst players in the nba
Wow.we see things so differently

I believe that every team needs that energy guy that can bring a spark from the bench. Obviously there are dozens like him, but he got good relationship with Cousins and fans in Sacramento and this is his "home" team that drafted him, so he is a good fit and very cheap player.
He also learned to do just the things he knows and doesn't do anything he doesn't know and that's very important thing for a roll player imho.

DJ is a Maverick. Great signing for the Mavs and horrible loss for the Clippers. I guess their title hopes just went up in smoke.

That means no Aldridge for the Mavs right? Or they can sign both?
So it's between Spurs, Suns and the Lakers?

What are the odds Becky Hammon's being groomed to take over the San Antonio job somewhere down the road? It's not like Popovich is getting any younger, and once the big three retire, maybe there won't be as much incentive for him to stick around. Plus, I seem to remember when Bob Hill was fired years ago, it was supposed to be on an interim basis, then Duncan came along. Just curious.

What are the odds Becky Hammon's being groomed to take over the San Antonio job somewhere down the road? It's not like Popovich is getting any younger, and once the big three retire, maybe there won't be as much incentive for him to stick around. Plus, I seem to remember when Bob Hill was fired years ago, it was supposed to be on an interim basis, then Duncan came along. Just curious.

Unlikely. They have a highly thought of assistant in Ettore Messina and should they lose him to a head coaching vacancy before Pop steps aside I think they would bring Budenholzer back. I would love to see here become the head coach of a D-1 men's team.

Unlikely. They have a highly thought of assistant in Ettore Messina and should they lose him to a head coaching vacancy before Pop steps aside I think they would bring Budenholzer back. I would love to see here become the head coach of a D-1 men's team.
Okie dokie. Just thought it was interesting they were having her coach the summer league team.

In other news, Deron Williams is apparently Plan 'B' in the event the Kings don't land Rondo. Starting to turn into an Al Davis type circus down there in Sac-town.

Okie dokie. Just thought it was interesting they were having her coach the summer league team.

In other news, Deron Williams is apparently Plan 'B' in the event the Kings don't land Rondo. Starting to turn into an Al Davis type circus down there in Sac-town.

Wow Kings are just a mess, even worse than the Lakers and by a good margin. Rondo seems like an anti George Karl kind of PG.

What happened to Deron? He looked like a future HOF'er when the Nets traded for him. First 2 years he was solid, then signed his max deal and has sucked since...didn't seem like he was one of those players in it for the money. Still only 31 years old.

Last edited:
Damn, the Clips have nobody to play center. Not saying he's great but they shouldn't have dealt Spencer Hawes before they knew the outcome of Deandre.

The clippers need to find someone real quick.Im not at all surprised he chose Dallas. I could see Mark Cuban being a very good sales pitch and telling him everything he wants to hear. Much better organization to play for than the clips that's for sure. The Kings finally did something. Rondo is a risk but I think he's a MUCH better fit in Sacramento than in Dallas. Hopefully Karl gets the most of him and hopefully cousins gets good chemistry going with him during the off season.

Knicks sign Derrick Williams. If he even plays to half his potential, not a bad signing, but that's a pretty big 'if' at this point...

Knicks sign Derrick Williams. If he even plays to half his potential, not a bad signing, but that's a pretty big 'if' at this point...
he sucks, but he will give them 4 good games a year - 2 against the wolves and 2 against the Kings

It's easy to look back in retrospect and, obviously, it would've been hard to justify drafting some of these guys #2 overall at the time, but wow... Look at the list of guys that were drafted after him:

Enes Kantner, Tristan Thompson, Jonas Valunciunas, Brandon Knight, Kemba Walker, Klay Thompson, the Morris twins, Kawhi Leonard, Nik Vucevic, Iman Shumpert, Tobias Harris, Reggie Jackson, Jimmy Butler, Chandler Parsons

Damn, the Clips have nobody to play center. Not saying he's great but they shouldn't have dealt Spencer Hawes before they knew the outcome of Deandre.

Too bad that when Hassan Whiteside wanted to try out for the Clippers a year ago Doc said no thanks.

he will do just fine learning the phony triangle offense.....Hahahahaha

Doc is being completely exposed as bad.... Name a good move he has made..?

The only thing Doc is good at is managing players egos and their minutes. In game coaching and personnel are extremely weak areas for him. The clippers didn't plan for DJ leaving.... That's inexcusable. It's not like him going to Dallas is shocking to anyone right?

Not counting him in this, but the Knicks have quietly had a nice offseason in adding Porzingas, Jerian Grant, Aaron Afflalo, and Robin Lopez.

As for Williams, in the 29 games he has played 30 minutes plus the last 2 seasons he has averaged 13.8 points on 48.5% FG shooting and 34% from 3's along with 6.3 boards a game. He is a classic tweener...too soft to handle the 4 and too slow to play the 3. In New York I doubt he does anything but still only 24 with 4 years experience so worth a gamble.

Maybe that great season at Arizona as a sophomore was just an abberation...but it sure did look like the one skill he had was shooting. Not sure what happened.

Last edited:
Tobias Harris has re-signed with the Magic for 4 years $64 million.

This is a guy the Lakers should have put a full court press on instead of wasting their time on Lamarcus...about to turn 23 w/ 4 years in the league and a very versatile offensive game.

Surprised he didn't get a bigger offer considering what some guys have signed for this offseason.

Wow. Good for Dallas. Not sure what the clippers do from here.

Only thing they can do is a sign and trade w/ Memphis for Koufos.

I was thinking that the loss of Jordan would kill their defense but was surprised by these stats:

In the 2820 minutes Jordan played this season the Clippers points per 100 possessions given up was 107.1 allowing an effective FG% of 49.5%.

In the 1125 minutes w/out Jordan on the court the Clippers gave up 106.7 points per 100 possessions and allowed an effective FG% of 48.8%.

It was on Offense that he mattered most for the Clippers with the splits going from 118.9 to 102.1 points per 100 possessions and from 55.1% to 48.7% effective FG%.

and i would be willing to bet that Jordan's FT % goes up
at least 15% this season. The mavs will fix em up. I believe the mavs are still the only team with a free throw shooting coach in Gary Boren. And the mavs use the Noah basketball system which will help DJ a lot. Get above 50% and bye bye hack a Jordan. There's no way Dirk is gonna let Jordan shoot that poorly. Not a chance.

very good analysis on DJ's free throw shooting here...

http://nyloncalculus.com/2015/05/18...led-look-deandre-jordans-free-throw-shooting/

Last edited:
The Kings-Sixers trade was one of the worst I've seen in all of sport.

How can any team just freely allow another to swap 1st round picks? (And at the Sixers discretion!) It's not like the Kings will be guaranteed success in the next 2 years either. That thing could blow up quickly.

I'm not even a big Stauskas fan, but he'll have every opportunity this year to show the Sixers if he's worth a roster spot.

Knicks are in a full rebuild mode, but it's not fully possible to rebuild with Anthony still on the books. Everyone said that contract was terrible and would come back to haunt them. We just didn't know it would already be haunting them...

Aldridge seems like a diva, and I'd fear the spotlight might fry him. He's had meetings with 7, including multiple meetings with some teams, and openly cancelling others. Dude is really milking this process.

I know he wants to go back home to the Spurs, but the Suns are younger and arguably would have just as good of a chance to win this year as the Spurs.

Remember Dikembe Mutumbo "Who want to go to LA wit me?"

That's who I'm reminded of when hearing about the current state of Sacramento. Who want to go to Sacramento? No one. Hondo on a 1yr deal screams disaster (combining him with Boogie). And then Marco gets 6+ mil as a role/bench player.

This team sucks, and that owner is a dolt.

at this point Im rooting for LA to Spurs. Brings a legitimate threat to the Warriors.

As of right now all these moves appear to have helped Warriors widen the gap in the West.

at this point Im rooting for LA to Spurs. Brings a legitimate threat to the Warriors.

As of right now all these moves appear to have helped Warriors widen the gap in the West.

think Dallas has done a nice job beyond Jordan.. the addition of wes mathews is a big move on both ends of the floor..ellis played no defense and while he could score in bunches he was very in efficient.... Mathews is also very good playmaker.. so take away rondo and ellis and that alone is a plus for the mavs, now add mathews, jordan and if their draft pick Anderson gives them anything off the bench... Harris is good enough at pg with mathews, parsons and dirk.. still need to add 1 or 2 more to the bench and they have certainly become more competitive and should be more cohesive as a team..

Back