2015 nba offseason

Lakers make playoffs this season.
I hope a lot of people feel that way. I like the way the roster is filling out. 4 players added that will get major time that they didn't have last season plus Kobe who is healthy. The team is all of a sudden a pretty decent squad. If there is team chemistry they will make playoffs. Remember me saying this.
Which is it?

not sure what you're asking. I basically said the same thing in both quotes.
No you didn't. In the first quote, you said 'yes' they will make the playoffs. In the second quote, you gave yourself an out by saying they make the playoffs IF there's team "chemistry", which basically means you think they won't if there isn't.

Either way, this has the potential to be a three ring circus with Kobe, Nick Young and Lou Williams all out on the floor at the same time - three guys who don't know the meaning of a bad shot. Hope the Lakers practice their transition defense...

Mo Williams got his wish. Going back to Cleveland. Great signing

It's like an arms race between the Cavs and Spurs...Would like to see the Spurs sign either Cole Aldrich or Jeff Withey as a backup center (not much else left on the market). Small ball might be en vogue but both the Thunder and the Cavs have some big bodies and Spurs need another big for 10-12 minutes a game to counter that and give Duncan some help down low.

With Manu returning the big three of Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili will set the NBA record for most career wins by a trio early next season surpassing Bird, McHale, and Parrish.

Last edited:
I can't imagine Lakers making the playoffs with their current roster. Unless they get Cousins or something, this is a team that at best, can make a run for the playoffs, but miss out in the end.
Out of the 8 teams that made the playoffs last year, Portland and Clippers got worse, but still... Clippers should make it to the playoffs.
On the other hand, Thunder and Suns will be a lot better next season. Dallas will be better as well, NO should continue to improve.
As I see it, Lakers ceiling is 10th place with 40 - 44 wins. I'm not sure what Kobe we will see this season and for how many games/ minutes. This is a team with no less than 4 rookies on their roster and one that is coached by a coach that missed his era by a decade or so.
I think that Lakers will try to make some big trade, so I won't rule them out, but with this roster, I really don't see any chance for them to make the playoffs.

I don't see Spurs winning the title to be honest.
If TP and Manu will continue to play the way they played last year (most of the time) or continue to decline, their back court just not good enough and the losses of both Joseph and Marco will hurt them.
I also think that it's wrong to have Diaw, TD, LA and West as your front court. How about one true Center? How about some ring protection?
All four won't be happy if they will play 10 - 12 minutes - I assume all are expecting to play around 20 minutes at least.
I loved LA's signing, but I really don't like the signing of West. Basically, him, LA and TD are the same types of players more or less...

I can't imagine Lakers making the playoffs with their current roster. Unless they get Cousins or something, this is a team that at best, can make a run for the playoffs, but miss out in the end.
Out of the 8 teams that made the playoffs last year, Portland and Clippers got worse, but still... Clippers should make it to the playoffs.
On the other hand, Thunder and Suns will be a lot better next season. Dallas will be better as well, NO should continue to improve.
As I see it, Lakers ceiling is 10th place with 40 - 44 wins. I'm not sure what Kobe we will see this season and for how many games/ minutes. This is a team with no less than 4 rookies on their roster and one that is coached by a coach that missed his era by a decade or so.
I think that Lakers will try to make some big trade, so I won't rule them out, but with this roster, I really don't see any chance for them to make the playoffs.

Yep, Kobe is a wildcard. I just don't think you can count on him. Plus they are throwing a bunch of players together who have never played with each other, they will take time to gel. The potential for Randle and Russell to be really good players is there, but even the best players in this league have little impact their first year.

Im coming around to HIbbert not so much as adding great value to the team on the floor but as you pointed out he could be a a wanted man near the trading deadline for a contender that needs some size. They may be able to flip him for a good player this year.

Obviously a lot of disappointment from Lakers fans with free agency this year and some are calling for Jeannie to get rid of Mitch. She is pretty loyal, and I think she will give him the chance to construct the team post Kobe.

I think the Lakers are just a little behind the curve with analytics and such. They need to spend some money and bring some talent in on the basketball operations side.

If TP and Manu will continue to play the way they played last year (most of the time) or continue to decline, their back court just not good enough and the losses of both Joseph and Marco will hurt them.
I also think that it's wrong to have Diaw, TD, LA and West as your front court. How about one true Center? How about some ring protection?
All four won't be happy if they will play 10 - 12 minutes - I assume all are expecting to play around 20 minutes at least.
I loved LA's signing, but I really don't like the signing of West. Basically, him, LA and TD are the same types of players more or less...

I just dont' think West is a good player anymore. Too much excitement for a player that just isn't that great anymore. But I wouldn't count out POP making it work

Spurs are the favorites in the West, avoid major injuries and they will have a good chance of making the Finals. I'm more worried about OKC than Golden State, and I personally believe the Cavs are the favorites at this point. David West was an outstanding signing, there isn't a more productive player in the league at his price and he turned down $11 million to play for the Spurs so it's pretty obvious he will be happy with his role.

Duncan is and has forever been the Center on this team and still an outstanding defensive player. Aldridge is a big upgrade over Splitter, they just need to find a big body to replace Baynes as backup center. Joseph won't be hard to replace because he didn't play....22 minutes in the Clippers series and a DNP the last 3 games of the series. Joseph was just a promising luxury that they couldn't afford to keep as their 3rd string PG. Belinelli's 3 point shooting needs to be replaced and it will have to be on the cheap because the Spurs are down to minimum contracts at this point using the room exception on Manu and I guess the mid-level was used on Timmy. Bertans might be the guy to step into Belinelli's role while some of his minutes will be soaked up by Kyle Anderson though I worry about his ability to defend.

The Spurs hands down have the best starting 5 in the league imo. And their bench is pretty good too. It baffles my mind how underrated TP continues to be. Timmay is going have his minutes restricted like never before just to be fresh for the playoffs.

For the money David West is value, but POPis a god to the media so anyone they sign it's automatically a great signing. He's an ok player right now.

Same thing with whatever team Lebron is on. I remember ESPN spending a week how great the Greg Oden signing was a couple of years back.

Greg Oden :rofl:

What West did is crazy but you gotta admire his desire to win. $1.4 million for what he brings is not value, it's a motherfuckin steal and downright shouldn't be allowed lol. He was hurt by what the pacers did to Hibbert so that probably helped make the decision easier. The desire for the most money is what keeps parity existing in sports. This is one of the rare instances...

losing splitter is also addition by subtraction IMO. He frustrated me so much last season

as we all know how shit the east is but man this is a bit outrageous, every playoff team in the East outside of the Cavs has lost a key component.
Bulls = Thibs
Wiz = Pierce
Raps = Lou
Hawks = Carroll

On the other hand, Heat and Charlotte had a nice offseason so far. Bucks look like a legit threat as well.
No team in the East can do anything against the Cavs anyway, even if Pierce, Thibs, Lou and Carroll came to the same team, so it's basically, who will have the honor to lose to EC Champions in the ECF.

West is an idiot.

A) 11-million is 11-million, he'll never get that again.

B) Spurs still have a gauntlet to run, and those guys are geezers.

West is an idiot.

A) 11-million is 11-million, he'll never get that again.

B) Spurs still have a gauntlet to run, and those guys are geezers.

I agree. If Spurs fail to win the title, he will feel like an idiot...
It's great to see as a basketball fan, that money isn't everything, but from 11 mill to 1 mill... That's one hell of a discount...

Don't get the GSW - Boston trade. I'm not sure it's great for either side, but especially GSW. What do they need Wallace for???

Spurs laced. Be interesting to see how Pops turns and tweaks the significant roster overhaul.

LA goes missing more often than not when the pressure is on, if he's gonna break that bug-a-boo it's in the Alamo under that staff.

Glad he didn't choose Hollywood.

hibbert is a stealth tank move by my lakers.

if kobe gets injured we have a shot at keeping the top 3 protected pick. if he doesn't, maybe the lottery gods will hook us up again.

lol Matt Bonner on his shooting woes (says it was cause of tennis elbow):

"Everybody is going to find this hilarious, but here's my theory on how I got it," Bonner said. "When the new iPhone came out it was way bigger than the last one, and I think because I got that new phone it was a strain to use it, you have to stretch further to hit the buttons, and I honestly think that's how I ended up developing it.

I agree. If Spurs fail to win the title, he will feel like an idiot...
It's great to see as a basketball fan, that money isn't everything, but from 11 mill to 1 mill... That's one hell of a discount...
he's made 75 million dollars in 11 years...how much more money could he need that 10 million would make or break his life?

Duncan just got cheated for some serious money and we all know how many players went broke after their career was over...

Also, don't know about make or break his life, but 10 mill are a big number for a guy that made 75 mill in his previous 11 years in the league.
Again, it might be worth it, if he will win the title, but what if he won't and no matter what team you sign with, most chances are that you won't win...

Duncan just got cheated for some serious money and we all know how many players went broke after their career was over...

Also, don't know about make or break his life, but 10 mill are a big number for a guy that made 75 mill in his previous 11 years in the league.
Again, it might be worth it, if he will win the title, but what if he won't and no matter what team you sign with, most chances are that you won't win...
again...230 million in his career...lose half of that (if that) in divorce is 115 less 20 million to his FA still leaves you at 95 million...minus expenses and wexpensive purchases....he's not hurting..he might not be as rich as he should be but he's not hurting or in a financial bind....like you said I commend players for wanting to win especially if they've made money.

Last edited:
Clippers trying to tell Deandre Jordan to reverse his decision and stay with them lol. As a Mavs fan or owner, that has to piss you off they're doing this.

That's pretty annoying and I don't understand how come it's possible. Since when verbal contract isn't a contract???

But I would think that such should be and must be.
This is multi millions of dollars business and teams shape their rosters and plan their cap space according to those verbal agreements...

Sounds like Jordan is as much to blame as Clippers. some reports say he reached out to Doc

But I would think that such should be and must be.
This is multi millions of dollars business and teams shape their rosters and plan their cap space according to those verbal agreements...
yea but sh*t happens...billy d, although not exactly the same since he's a coach, did the same thing and of course..booozer..

That's pretty annoying and I don't understand how come it's possible. Since when verbal contract isn't a contract???
What makes less sense is the fact there's a week between the opening of free agency and when players can officially sign.

Back