2015 nba offseason

The Kings are expected to meet with free agent Wesley Matthews in Sacramento on Thursday.

Sacramento traded a protected first-round pick to unload the salaries of Carl Landry of Jason Thompson. There were more wrinkles to the deal, but the apparent end-goal is signing some combination of Rajon Rondo, Monta Ellis and Matthews. The Kings' available funds may be enough to persuade Matthews to join them, but he's also drawing serious interest from the Raptors and Mavericks.

1) Ellis + Rondo??? That's exactly the combo that failed badly in Dallas... Why on earth is that even an option??

2) Ellis + Matthews + Yag + Cousins + Collison - not a bad starting five for the Kings...

Nice pickup for the Knicks:
Arron Afflalo has signed a two-year deal with the New York Knicks.

Afflalo isn't exactly the splash that Knicks fans have been hoping for, but his two-year, $16 million contract will at least ensure that the team doesn't get shut out doesn't the free agent process. The 29-year-old is coming off a lackluster 2014-15 campaign during which he averaged 13.7 points, 3.2 rebounds, 1.7 assists, and 1.5 three-pointers as a starter. We'll have to see if playing alongside Carmelo Anthony will help resurrect his game, but fantasy owners can treat Affalo as a late-round flier heading into standard league fantasy drafts.

Bucks can easily take over the East three years from now:
Greg Monroe has signed with the Milwaukee Bucks, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.

This is a huge signing for the Bucks as Woj reports that Monroe will sign a maximum deal with the team. The Bucks will now field a formidable starting five of Michael Carter-Williams, Khris Middleton, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jabari Parker, and Monroe. Monroe will likely play more center alongside Parker and will provide solid mid-round fantasy value next season. Sorry, Knicks fans.

I'm glad you're not the GM for the Warriors.

You just pray that Curry gets to the status that Kobe has with the lakers one day. Just pray he never leaves. You guys act like you've been around for 3 years and you completely discount Kobe Bryant. It's really sad. It's not just about basketball. Kobe will be gone in a couple years and the lakers can move on. But until then they had to pay him. Some say he should have taken less? Why? Absolutely hate it when people argue athletes make too much money. Such ignorance.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/nba-kobe-bryant-lakers-money-contract-extension

The Bucks are scary good. Greek freak is going to just continue to improve. He needs to work on his jump shot and he'll basically be KD 2.0. Jason Kidd is a smart man. A conniving sneaky asshole. But a smart man.

You just pray that Curry gets to the status that Kobe has with the lakers one day. Just pray he never leaves. You guys act like you've been around for 3 years and you completely discount Kobe Bryant. It's really sad. It's not just about basketball. Kobe will be gone in a couple years and the lakers can move on. But until then they had to pay him. Some say he should have taken less? Why? Absolutely hate it when people argue athletes make too much money. Such ignorance.

You act like Kobe was paid minimum wage when he was paid. He got paid HANDSOMELY. He isn't going to starve. And if you're a GM and want to live in the past, and not the future, I don't know what to say. You're holding your team down. If Curry is a Warrior and is hitting his mid 35 years of age, I would be pissed as a Warrior fan to pay him max money. You have to be smart. Yeah what Kobe did for their franchise is great. But he has been well compensated. The Lakers owe him nothing.

What the Lakers did in offering Kobe that extension was just fucking stupid. For 30 years the Lakers were the model franchise in the Western Conference but they have gone off a cliff since Dr. Buss died and been surpassed by the Spurs. This is 3 years in a row that the Lakers couldn't close on any free agents. It's pretty telling that Greg Monroe would rather go to Milwaukee than sign with the Lakers. The Lakers also don't seem to value first round draft picks whatsoever and it's showing with the lack of young talent.

Btw, Wright in Memphis is a pretty big signing for the Grizzlies. He is a very solid bench player imho.

Ellis signed with the Pacers - nice move for them:
The Pacers have signed Monta Ellis to a four-year deal, according to Chris Broussard of ESPN.

We'll away final confirmation before we write this one down in pen, but it looks like Ellis will join the Pacers on a four-year deal, $44 million deal with a player option after the third year. Ellis will become a centerpiece for the Pacers alongside Paul George and will provide solid early-middle round fantasy value after averaging 18.9 points, 2.4 rebounds, 4.1 assists, 1.9 steals, and 1.0 three-pointers a game in a crowded Mavericks offense in 2014-15.

Pels were after him forever...he really really under performed.

I guess he only gets worse in Gentry's offense, no?

I don't think he so, just needs to play defense and outlet the boards ... Once in a while run down middle of floor .... Who is his backup?

It is about basketball, no one is blaming Kobe for taking the money.. Good for him for taking it....The lakers organization is ignorant for offering it to him.....and it will hurt them for a while...

Detroit to sign Aron Baynes for 3 years in the 17 to 20 million dollar range. This is an overpay imo, and the Hawks got a bargain in getting Splitter for free (I think, still haven't said what's coming back) and pay him only 17 million over the next two years.

the guy needs a stash to pay off prospective rape victims ... cannot blame him for taking the cash. LOL at lakers paying him that.

@WojYahooNBA: Phoenix has traded Marcus Morris, Reggie Bullock and Danny Granger to Detroit for future picks, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

@WojYahooNBA: The Pistons will send the Suns a 2020 second-round draft pick. So yes, the Suns are clearing salary cap space.

@WojYahooNBA: The Pistons will send the Suns a 2020 second-round draft pick. So yes, the Suns are clearing salary cap space.

Yikes. Spurs would be so screwed if LaMarcus signs with Phoenix.

I like that deal for the Pistons, Morris at $5 million a year is useful and I liked Bullock's shooting coming out of UNC though he has shown little in the pros.

Lakers are getting a second meeting with Aldridge. Hope they close the deal today.

The Bucks are scary good. Greek freak is going to just continue to improve. He needs to work on his jump shot and he'll basically be KD 2.0. Jason Kidd is a smart man. A conniving sneaky asshole. But a smart man.
Bucks should be fun to watch but come on now.. Comparing the Greek to KD lol

Damn, was hoping to get this guy from the Hawks in the Splitter trade....thought the Spurs should have drafted him last year instead of Kyle Anderson.

The Hawks have agreed to terms on a multi-year contract with 7-3 center Walter Tavares, a source told Yahoo Sports.

Supposedly Tavares turning down twice as much from Turkish power Fenerbahce to sign with Atlanta. Suddenly the Hawks have a 7-3 Big and Splitter...wonder if Horford asked from some help down low.

Yeah I don't understand why there would be a second meeting. If they didn't impress him the first time, what would they say the second time?

The more they talked about it, it is beneficial to both the Lakers and the agent, Arn
Tellum. Tellum certainly doesn't want it out there that his clients will rip an organization after meetings.

Lakers are pretty embarrassed apparently about the message out there right now about them.

true, but they will probably still have the same/similar records as the T-Wolves next year

Bucks should be fun to watch but come on now.. Comparing the Greek to KD lol

I'm not the only one. Giannis is more athletic and as he grows into his body, he is going to get more acclimated and improve his shooting. His work ethic is really good and i expect him to progress in the offseasons.

Be a fascinating lineup for the Suns if LA signs here, pretty much hadn't put much thought into it at all

4 Kentucky guards on the team, they at least seem to have cohesion and I'm thinking GM McDonough utilized that strategy when composing the team

Updating a previous item, the Kings are offering Wesley Matthews a four-year, $64 million deal.

That buys a lot of bow and arrows. The Kings are as all in as they could possibly be and there's no way a team is going to outbid them. They made their bed last night by giving up a ton of assets to Sam Hinkie, so Matthews and his agent have all the leverage. They're using it and could make Matthews the highest paid player on the Kings.

WOW

Robin Lopez going to the knicks would be a great move imo. Afflalo was a sneaky good move that isnt getting enough attention

Nothing says "we want you" like the Knicks holding a spot for Deandre Jordan in case he decides not to sign with Mavs or Clips. Lol Lopez, tell the knicks to give you a contract or you walk.

Wesley Matthews has agreed to a four-year deal with the Mavericks.

The details have not been revealed yet, but it's likely less than the four-year, $64 million offer from the Kings. Matthews will step into Monta Ellis' role at shooting guard and should have plenty of chances to score, especially with the Mavs not having as much firepower as the Blazers last season. It's also worth mentioning that Wes wants to play with DeAndre Jordan, so this helps Dallas in that regard. As for the Kings, they might want to bring a Connect Four game to their meeting with Rajon Rondo.

I don't agree with you, saying that Aldridge did it, just to please his agent.
In my eyes, if he did it, it means that he is interested in the Lakers and giving them a chance to say what he wants to hear.

I also don't get why on earth Aldridge wants to sign with the Spurs. It's almost impossible to step in to Duncan's shoes, especially with him still playing...

Obviously it's a chance to sign with a great organization, that has great roster, but not sure that at age of 30, you want to be the one that steps in to giant shows of Timmy...

If not the Lakers, I think that Suns is the perfect spot for him. Great medical staff, he will be the star of the team and it's really important to him (he leaves Portland mostly due to Lillard's rising status) and with Bledsoe and Chandler, this is a very good team that can be great and should be a good landing spot for free agents next summer.

I do think that Lakers is the perfect spot for him. He will be the star of the team a year from now, they got three great young players + spot for at least one and probably two max players.

This is the definition of insanity. The Heat execs must have missed his last 2 years or so of action.

its not.... They want the flexibility of going after durant and others next summer. Wade will be just fine and he'll play 60 or so games

and Wade made a lot of financial sacrifices in years past leaving roughly 27 million on the table... And apparently it was a gentlemans agreement that he'll be taken care in the future.

I don't agree with you, saying that Aldridge did it, just to please his agent.
In my eyes, if he did it, it means that he is interested in the Lakers and giving them a chance to say what he wants to hear.

I also don't get why on earth Aldridge wants to sign with the Spurs. It's almost impossible to step in to Duncan's shoes, especially with him still playing...

Obviously it's a chance to sign with a great organization, that has great roster, but not sure that at age of 30, you want to be the one that steps in to giant shows of Timmy...

If not the Lakers, I think that Suns is the perfect spot for him. Great medical staff, he will be the star of the team and it's really important to him (he leaves Portland mostly due to Lillard's rising status) and with Bledsoe and Chandler, this is a very good team that can be great and should be a good landing spot for free agents next summer.

I do think that Lakers is the perfect spot for him. He will be the star of the team a year from now, they got three great young players + spot for at least one and probably two max players.

Mitch asked, Arn has respect for Mitch and the organization, plus I'm sure Arn was also a little embarrassed that stuff leaked out. Sounds like the second meeting was nothing more than a dog and pony show

From a purely basketball standpoint , the Lakers offer LA nothing.

Also, I think Lakers fans are so desperate to get anyone they think LA will change the franchise. I'm not sure they even make the playoffs just adding him , they need other pieces. LA is almost 30, it isn't the end of the world if they don't get him.They need young guys. They have loads of cap room next year, they can bring in a package of star players next year

I don't think that LA changes that much this season. But I do think that next summer, when Lakers will have probably the most free cap space in the league or at least one of... it will help them to bring big names, knowing that the franchise has three promising youngsters + LA.
We will see where he signs. I hope it will be the Lakers... :)

Robin Lopez going to the knicks would be a great move imo. Afflalo was a sneaky good move that isnt getting enough attention

if they can play in the make believe triangle offense.......lets see how the triangle offense works without top 10 player

so who's playing center for the Mavs and pg,, need to get better than devin harris as a starting pg

Talk about a gong show...

<iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" allowfullscreen="" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
The Sacramento Kings will begin discussions with free agents Josh Smith and Lou Williams today, according to league sources.
— Jake Fischer (@JakeLFischer) July 3, 2015
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Talk about a gong show...

<iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" allowfullscreen="" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
The Sacramento Kings will begin discussions with free agents Josh Smith and Lou Williams today, according to league sources.
— Jake Fischer (@JakeLFischer) July 3, 2015
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

lmfao

you gotta be shitting me

Divol.
U live in a bizarre world to think Aldridge's best spot is LA. LA stinks.they will stink for yrs. Lamarcus is 30 yrs old. He wants to win. I hope he goes to Phoenix just cuz I like to watch that team but the spurs would his best choice.

To the kings-
U don't have to sign somebody just to sign somebody
Fuck it and wait til next year.

Back