2015 nba offseason

I don't see CP3 reaching CF in the near future.
West is just scary good...
SAS, GSW, LAC and OKC...

Memphis and Rockets have good teams, but probably will be without HCA in the first round...

The more I think about it, the less I get West signing with SAS and not Cleveland.
In the East, you have 95% to reach NBA Finals.

In the West, any team can easily go out in the first round already...

How is this good for the Celtics ? The Mavs are now gonna tank. Cuban will have starters sitting out and play a D league team. If I'm him I boycott games against the Clippers in LA, just forfeit and take the loss. What Jordan did was inexcusable.

NBA at fault just as much as Jordan. There is no good reason to have a moratorium.

I think the Celtics have a Top 7 protected Dallas draft pick

What reason for Dallas to tank?
If I'm Dirk and Dallas are tanking, I'm mad as hell. He took a huge paycut to give his ogranization a chance to bring top talent and now they are going to tank???

I blame first of all the Clippers, after that the NBA.
DJ is the last one I'm blaming, if Clippers are the ones that approached him to change his mind.
If I'm NBA teams, I would stop negotiating with the Clippers on future deals. That's really nasty what they have done.

What reason to tank? Because they lack talent and their isn't anybody left in the free agent market to sign. That was what they planned on doing if they didn't sign Jordan or another top talent. The Celtics get the Mavs first round pick in the next draft unless it's in the top 7...at this point the Mavs have no center and aren't a playoff team and it's in their best interest to lose more in order to make that pick go in the top 7 instead of being in the 8-14 range and losing it to Boston.

What reason to tank? Because they lack talent and their isn't anybody left in the free agent market to sign. That was what they planned on doing if they didn't sign Jordan or another top talent. The Celtics get the Mavs first round pick in the next draft unless it's in the top 7...at this point the Mavs have no center and aren't a playoff team and it's in their best interest to lose more in order to make that pick go in the top 7 instead of being in the 8-14 range and losing it to Boston.

Man but the east is so shit that it could be super tough for the mavs to tank that bad...how many wins do you have them at with current roster? 7th pick this year had 30 wins (Denver)

So you use the last years of Dirk to tank?
You lured in Parsons and signed Matthews to tank?

We will see, but I hope it won't be the case. It will be just so unfair to Dirk...

How is this good for the Celtics ? The Mavs are now gonna tank. Cuban will have starters sitting out and play a D league team. If I'm him I boycott games against the Clippers in LA, just forfeit and take the loss. What Jordan did was inexcusable.

NBA at fault just as much as Jordan. There is no good reason to have a moratorium.

They have dallas's 1st round pick top7 protected for the next few years.....even if lottery no guarantee they land in top 7..... even of they dont tank will be a better pick than with DJ...

in addition, Celts are in good position to take on players that might not fit a "system" or will be too expensive.. etc etc..

So you use the last years of Dirk to tank?
You lured in Parsons and signed Matthews to tank?

We will see, but I hope it won't be the case. It will be just so unfair to Dirk...

They signed Matthews as a compliment to Jordan. If they had known Jordan wasn't coming they would have never signed him. It's not that they intend to tank, they simply don't have enough talent to compete. Matthews is coming off a serious injury and likely won't be ready by opening night, sit him out most of the season and rest Dirk a good bit and they will be bottom 3 in the West. The Mavs are going to be a horrendous defensive team with no Tyson Chandler or DeAndre Jordan guarding the rim. They have no shot at finishing with a winning record and and even then that wouldn't get them in the playoffs....the Lakers, Suns, Pelicans, Jazz, and OKC will all pass Dallas in the standings.

Why did Detroit pay Reggie Jackson $80 million over 5 years ? was there any other team going to pay him anywhere near that amount ? Seems like they overpaid to me.

I blame first of all the Clippers, after that the NBA.
DJ is the last one I'm blaming, if Clippers are the ones that approached him to change his mind.
That, right there, is everything that's wrong with society today in a nutshell. Why would you not hold Jordan accountable, first and foremost, for his own actions? Last week, provided the reports were true, he was telling everyone how impressed / flattered he was by the reception he was receiving from the Mavericks, especially the fact Nowitzki cut his vacation short to come sit in on the meetings. Conversely, he was hurt / disappointed that none of his Clippers teammates attended the meetings in LA. Now all of a sudden, for whatever reason, the guy changes his mind after verbally agreeing to terms, and he's only third on your list? C'mon... Dude's a pussy, plain and simple...

And on the Mavericks front, reading how they might try and step in on the Roy Hibbert deal now. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Will jr smith become the next Latrell spreewell???
Cant see anyone offering money he opted out of...

Will jr smith become the next Latrell spreewell???
Cant see anyone offering money he opted out of...

Yeah, that looked dumb the day he did it, coming off a no-show in the finals.

You hoops gurus don't seem to be giving GSW enough love. That's still the team to beat, right?

@mcuban: .@Chris_Broussard that's is the dumbest shit Ive ever heard. If you had any ethics u would msg me and I will give u his address

They signed Matthews as a compliment to Jordan. If they had known Jordan wasn't coming they would have never signed him. It's not that they intend to tank, they simply don't have enough talent to compete. Matthews is coming off a serious injury and likely won't be ready by opening night, sit him out most of the season and rest Dirk a good bit and they will be bottom 3 in the West. The Mavs are going to be a horrendous defensive team with no Tyson Chandler or DeAndre Jordan guarding the rim. They have no shot at finishing with a winning record and and even then that wouldn't get them in the playoffs....the Lakers, Suns, Pelicans, Jazz, and OKC will all pass Dallas in the standings.

cuban himself said that if they didn't get deandre and west, it'd be "time to take a step back". they should trade dirk so he can go make a run somewhere, it's fucked up that deandre did this, especially for dirk. like you said, dude took a paycut to make another run and now his time and money are gone for nothing.

@mcuban: .@Chris_Broussard that's is the dumbest shit Ive ever heard. If you had any ethics u would msg me and I will give u his address

@Chris_Broussard: CORRECTION: Sources: Cuban beside himself. Driving around downtown HOUSTON begging (thru texts) Jordan's family 4 address to DeAndre's home

CJephzsXAAAcK_X.jpg:large

You hoops gurus don't seem to be giving GSW enough love. That's still the team to beat, right?
I think so. We had the best record last year. Offense is there. Defense is there. Got another year to gel together. The nucleus is there. Spurs made some nice moves but I think they're pretty old.

I'm willing to bet a rack the dubs have a better record then SA. Or they'll advance farther then SA. Or 500 on each. Arizonakid you down for a side bet like you did tip? Let me know.

Why did Detroit pay Reggie Jackson $80 million over 5 years ? was there any other team going to pay him anywhere near that amount ? Seems like they overpaid to me.

Jalen Rose said that he has first hand knowledge that Knicks were about to offer the exact same offer.

At least be a man and give Cuban a call. I'm sure the Clips told him at all cost DO NOT call him for fear of Mark Cuban trying to talk him back to the Mavs.

I think so. We had the best record last year. Offense is there. Defense is there. Got another year to gel together. The nucleus is there. Spurs made some nice moves but I think they're pretty old.

I'm willing to bet a rack the dubs have a better record then SA. Or they'll advance farther then SA. Or 500 on each. Arizonakid you down for a side bet like you did tip? Let me know.

I might have some interest in some of this.... maybe even throw in the rockets for some round robin action..

At least be a man and give Cuban a call. I'm sure the Clips told him at all cost DO NOT call him for fear of Mark Cuban trying to talk him back to the Mavs.

This I don't get....
Will wait to hear the full story but one would think that his agent, Doc, Paul Pierce would tell him to make a phone call (even after he signed the contract with the Clippers) to "do the right thing"..even the Clipps owner should have made him call....

Balmer probably doesn't like Cuban very much. Just guessing. Pretty crazy how social media has had such an impact on this stuff.

That, right there, is everything that's wrong with society today in a nutshell. Why would you not hold Jordan accountable, first and foremost, for his own actions? Last week, provided the reports were true, he was telling everyone how impressed / flattered he was by the reception he was receiving from the Mavericks, especially the fact Nowitzki cut his vacation short to come sit in on the meetings. Conversely, he was hurt / disappointed that none of his Clippers teammates attended the meetings in LA. Now all of a sudden, for whatever reason, the guy changes his mind after verbally agreeing to terms, and he's only third on your list? C'mon... Dude's a pussy, plain and simple...

And on the Mavericks front, reading how they might try and step in on the Roy Hibbert deal now. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

It came out a bit wrong. I meant not "last one to blame" as a phrase, but as last one to blame out of the three. Of course he is wrong and of course the fact that he didn't even call Cuban, even not after the fact, is in my eyes, maybe even worse than going back on your word. That's really childish and simply being a pussy and he just can't face Cuban right now.

But what I meant was, that no matter how immature Jordan is, Clippers are organization and I believe that they should be big enough, not to talk to DJ anymore, once he already commited.
I also believe that NBA should get huge portion of the blame to allow situations like this to happen. It can be very easily avoided if they either make verbal commitments binding or just start the free agents period in the same time as it's allowed to sign.

This is a very bad situation and both Clippers and NBA as multi billions organizations, shouldn't allow that or be any part of that, so I blame them more than I blame DJ, who obviously carries a lot of blame on his own...

This guy is really getting raked over the coals. He changed his mind. So what.

karma finally paid cuban back for screwing the lakers out of cp3.

now if dan gilbert and david stern could literally die in a fire justice will finally be served

:prayer

It came out a bit wrong. I meant not "last one to blame" as a phrase, but as last one to blame out of the three. Of course he is wrong and of course the fact that he didn't even call Cuban, even not after the fact, is in my eyes, maybe even worse than going back on your word. That's really childish and simply being a pussy and he just can't face Cuban right now.

But what I meant was, that no matter how immature Jordan is, Clippers are organization and I believe that they should be big enough, not to talk to DJ anymore, once he already commited.
I also believe that NBA should get huge portion of the blame to allow situations like this to happen. It can be very easily avoided if they either make verbal commitments binding or just start the free agents period in the same time as it's allowed to sign.

This is a very bad situation and both Clippers and NBA as multi billions organizations, shouldn't allow that or be any part of that, so I blame them more than I blame DJ, who obviously carries a lot of blame on his own...
so because DJ originally didn't want to sign with the clippers, the Clippers should stop pursuing him?

That's like saying Cleveland shouldn't have brought LeBron back because he left the Cavs the way he did

How is this a bad situation for the clippers and NBA? I think the David Stern veto'ing a trade is worse than this to get involved in that cp3 trade , but it's not like this hasn't happened before. Players, organizations and the league move on and the dust settles. I actually agree with Tip, he changed his mind he has the right to change his mind. If we all were forced to live with our first choice well...who knows where we would be for better or for worse that is.

I don't deny it was a bitch move, but it's not like he wasn't allowed to do it..just looks like an idiot for doing what he did...didn't stop guys like Kidd and boozer from getting contracts

so because DJ originally didn't want to sign with the clippers, the Clippers should stop pursuing him?

That's like saying Cleveland shouldn't have brought LeBron back because he left the Cavs the way he did

How is this a bad situation for the clippers and NBA? I think the David Stern veto'ing a trade is worse than this to get involved in that cp3 trade , but it's not like this hasn't happened before. Players, organizations and the league move on and the dust settles. I actually agree with Tip, he changed his mind he has the right to change his mind. If we all were forced to live with our first choice well...who knows where we would be for better or for worse that is.

I don't deny it was a bitch move, but it's not like he wasn't allowed to do it..just looks like an idiot for doing what he did...didn't stop guys like Kidd and boozer from getting contracts

YUP.

Balmer probably doesn't like Cuban very much. Just guessing. Pretty crazy how social media has had such an impact on this stuff.

Go look what Adam schefter tweeted out yesterday - add that to Brousard's.... not a good look for the 4 letters...

Paul Pierce is going to be the reason the clippers go anywhere. Clips/Spurs WCF.

Lance Stephenson , just needs to play his game, Charlotte wanted him to be a different player doesn't need to be here... Now all attention on Jordan , he can go about his business....

@WojYahooNBA: OKC restricted free agent Enes Kanter signing a four-year, $70M maximum contract offer sheet with Blazers, league sources tell Yahoo.

Golden State is a dynasty in the making. Definitely the best in the West still.

Ok, I know, what else is he going to say? He knows Jordan's a mental midget, but this is still the same guy that acted alll faux outraged over the Sterling stuff even though he willingly took his money knowing full well he was a racist to begin with...

Parsons crushes him hard in this interview

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mave...hat-we-can?ex_cid=sportscenterTW&sf10814956=1

Parsons: “He wasn’t ready for being a franchise player. He was scared. He was scared to take the next step in his career.

“He’s complacent in L.A., and I think that was a safer bet than for him to make a big decision and branch off and go do his own thing. He was probably nervous. He was probably scared.

It’s a lot of pressure. Maybe he got nerves about being a franchise player and having the pressure of leading a team. He’s very comfortable in L.A. He can play behind Chris Paul, play behind Blake Griffin. That’s what I thought he didn’t want. Throughout the process, that’s what he told me he didn’t want. He wanted to take the next step in his career. He wanted to be the man on his team and build something special.
“That’s why I was so into this, because it’s the same thing I want. It’s the same exact reasons I left Houston. That’s why I thought he was going to leave L.A. He was tired of being in the shadows. He wanted a bigger role. He wanted the attention he deserves, which is why it’s so mind-blowing, because he’s going back to the same exact thing that he wanted to leave for the last couple of weeks.”

No. Cleveland is the team to beat. Golden State won't make it back to the Finals, there is no chance the Warriors get that easy a path in the playoffs again. They are still a team that can be destroyed down low and several teams on the West are capable of doing it.

Will take the Cavs, anybody else can have any team they want and I'll give 2-1 on who wins it all.

Last edited:

I might have some interest in some of this.... maybe even throw in the rockets for some round robin action..

Cogen, i am in on which team goes the furthest in the playoffs, Let's see if we can suck Cash into this bet.

Back