2015 nba offseason

Great idea, even if they can just capture the drinking fans. When a game is on tv on a weekend, it's also a reason to go to the bars and watch.

Yup. People make too big of a deal out of saturday night's being bad for TV. Hell I'd love for the super bowl to be on Saturday but that'll never happen

Sixers should sign john Jenkins or Jeff Taylor
Jenkins is getting a workout for the Spurs out in Vegas, not sure why he isn't highly sought after...only 24 w/ 3 years in the league and can bury the 3. Really hope Spurs sign him.

Clippers got josh smith wtf
Couldn't believe this. He should have stayed in Houston where he found a team to flourish with... Clippers are a serious title contender.

ABC to begin airing a game on Saturday night beginning January 23rd
Hate this, but it will work. Would rather they had left Saturday nights for college basketball myself.

@WojYahooNBA: Sources: As part of deal for Ty Lawson, Houston will send Kostas, Pablo Prigioni, Joey Dorsey, Nick Johnson and a protected first to Denver.

I'm a ty Lawson fan
Wanted philly to draft him n not jrue Holiday back in day
That rockets team will be fun
Now get rid of Dwight lol

Cant believe they didn't have to give up Jones

That rockets team could be ridiculously fun to watch

So many options too. Go small and run without Dwight

Put Beverly on when they need to d up

Good for the raptors too

Between the Knicks and Denver pick they get the worst next year but with how it's going both could easily be top 5

Cap Impact/DEN: Nuggets go slightly below the cap for 15-16. Will have a whopping $46m in cap space in 2016-17.

Cant believe they didn't have to give up Jones

That rockets team could be ridiculously fun to watch

So many options too. Go small and run without Dwight

Put Beverly on when they need to d up

If Lawson gets his life turned around and rox get healthy they are dam dam good, top 2. Great depth ...

West is absolutely stacked. Portland will fall out but Suns/Pelicans/Lakers/wolves (not holding my breath after 10 years of losing) will rise in the next year or two and get the opportunity to get an 8 seed and get rolled by whichever 1 seed that exists and will ultimately win the title. One might argue that right now the West is as good as its ever been.

All these teams are locks for playoffs and 5-6 of them could easily be a 1 seed depending on how things shake out.

Clips
Spurs
Mavs
Warriors
Rockets
Thunder
Grizz

^
Lakers????
depending on how they do in FA with all that cap space, but Randle and this year's draft pick will be solid. They need depth but the Lakers are still the Lakers and a good draw for FA's if they can build a good front line.

They do have a long way to go to get there but they have some pieces in place and a ton of cap room next year. They won't be contenders but they could very well be a playoff team if things play out their way.

depending on how they do in FA with all that cap space, but Randle and this year's draft pick will be solid. They need depth but the Lakers are still the Lakers and a good draw for FA's if they can build a good front line.

They do have a long way to go to get there but they have some pieces in place and a ton of cap room next year. They won't be contenders but they could very well be a playoff team if things play out their way.

When I first read your post I thought it said this year...

When I first read your post I thought it said this year...
next year or two. I honestly don't think wolves will compete this year. My guess is the Suns or Pelicans are the last team in. Most likely Pelicans.

Spurs
clips
Okc
dubs
rockets
memphis

Those 6 elite teams and at least 2 of them go out in round 1

Last two spots between pellies, Mavs, suns

Don't see anyone else close barring injuries

Spurs
clips
Okc
dubs
rockets
memphis

Those 6 elite teams and at least 2 of them go out in round 1

Last two spots between pellies, Mavs, suns

Don't see anyone else close barring injuries

And not assuming major injuries,,,,,
Who knows when/if Durant makes it back

Ya if Durant has any issues they will be in trouble

To me it just signals to teams like the lakers though they have to tank again. Especially with the pick only top 5 protected I think

Need a 3rd piece to have to entice FAs next year

I'm really curious to see what happens with the division winners. I don't think anything should be changed solely based on one year's results.

Ya if Durant has any issues they will be in trouble

To me it just signals to teams like the lakers though they have to tank again. Especially with the pick only top 5 protected I think

Need a 3rd piece to have to entice FAs next year

Top 3 protected and I really doubt Lakers will tank this season...

What was Denver thinking to just give Ty Lawson away ? Seriously no other team in the league could top that offer ? That #1 from the Rockets is going to be no better than the 25th pick in next years draft and Denver is gonna send back an unprotected 2nd rounder in 2017.

Most teams that needed point guards, don't need them anymore.
Sacramento was high on him, but got Rondo.
Dallas had no one to offer for him and got D-Will.
Lakers drafted Russel.
Looking around the league, I can't see any team that would give up any big asset to get Ty...
Nets and the Knicks are the only ones I could think of, but they got no assets or no desire (Nets) to get Ty.

What was Denver thinking to just give Ty Lawson away ? Seriously no other team in the league could top that offer ? That #1 from the Rockets is going to be no better than the 25th pick in next years draft and Denver is gonna send back an unprotected 2nd rounder in 2017.

and Lawson's 16-17 is now not guaranteed. ...

So mad the nets didnt get him

handing the team off to Mudiay

Lawson is a mini Beard harden going to the hoop. This team will be great to watch

I fully understand why the nuggets did what they did but I'm surprised other teams didn't give more to get Lawson. To me it's clear he needed a change of scenery and some good coaching to get his ass in line. He hasn't had any one keeping him accountable for his behavior for a long time. The talent is definitely there. He just has a very weird personality.

I fully understand why the nuggets did what they did but I'm surprised other teams didn't give more to get Lawson. To me it's clear he needed a change of scenery and some good coaching to get his ass in line. He hasn't had any one keeping him accountable for his behavior for a long time. The talent is definitely there. He just has a very weird personality.

So all you think all he needs is good coaching, accountability and is weird??
so his 30 days in rehab and his impending suspension and at the time his contract just might have something to do with it???

So all you think all he needs is good coaching, accountability and is weird??
so his 30 days in rehab and his impending suspension and at the time his contract just might have something to do with it???

I never ever said that. I know someone that used to be a team psychologist for the Nuggets and he's told me some stuff about a lot of the nuggets players.

And he's not the first player to have substance problem. Everyone loves a comeback story. Lawson just stopped caring about playing for the Nuggets and its partially because the management is a joke.

7 bucks a game would seem to cater to the very rare customer, what's the season pass cost, couple hundred bucks like baseball? Plus, so many of the biggies are on ESPN/ABC/TNT already. Who's the guy who selectively purchases out-of-market NBA games 7 bucks at a time but can't justify the season package?

Yeah, that's a pretty ridiculous price point. I like watching basketball as much as the next person, but why one earth would you pay 7 dollars when you can get a reasonable looking feed over the internet for free? For something like NFL/NCAA I could see it, but a mid season game, nah... Plus, with all this tv money they're about to come into, you'd think they'd be a little more reasonable with the price, or at least introduce some affordable mini packages.

I bet that goes to 99-cents pretty quick if they're going to do this.

Yeah, that's a pretty ridiculous price point. I like watching basketball as much as the next person, but why one earth would you pay 7 dollars when you can get a reasonable looking feed over the internet for free? For something like NFL/NCAA I could see it, but a mid season game, nah... Plus, with all this tv money they're about to come into, you'd think they'd be a little more reasonable with the price, or at least introduce some affordable mini packages.
I rather watch the play by play on CBS sports where the ball bounces around the rim lol then pay this

Lol even if I am 12 beers deep chasing a late night bet on the lakers at Kings 10:30pm start I am not paying 7 bucks.

There's some frugal, non-gambler, NBA superfan guy doing the math, thrilled about this. He's already cancelled the package and has his fifteen obscure games circled.

If they threw in something like the Sports Illustrated football phone, ok maybe, but otherwise...

League pass is like 120 isn't it

So you get 17 games or the entire season?

I believe it's $120 for just one team and $199 for the total package. I had a friend that had the online league pass 2 years ago and it sucked, not sure if it's improved since then...bad part was he got hit w/ an auto-renewal for last season and was furious about it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2ROA-_ubyJA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:rofl:

Back