2014 MLB Trade Deadline Rumors and Deals

Porcello not going to pen, niether is JV

One of them has to be, unless you think it'll just be Sanchez that does (which very well could be the case). There's no way they use 5 starters in the playoffs.

yep 100%, but I wouldn't use him as closer

have him be the guy who can throw 2-3 innings, could pitch 3-4x in a series

huge weapon

Yeah, very likely they use him like this. I do think it would be interesting to see what he'd do as a closer though. Would remind me of Atlanta and Smoltz...they did what they had to do to improve their team. JV would be a fucking nasty closer....the more I think about it, the more I like it. It solves the one problem the Tigers have always seemed to have....closer.

Best thing is I don't have to run the turnpike naked now. No condition.

I love it with exception of not having smyly in pen..JV in relief, cant even throw 93.

I love it with exception of not having smyly in pen..JV in relief, cant even throw 93.

He can't now, but if you put him as your closer he can give it all he's got for 3 outs. It's a completely different animal, and it may be just what he needs to get his velocity back. Who knows though....just a thought.

Hope you guys are right...i dunno if he will be a closer lareux. JV, remains to be seen if he can go over 95 for 1/2 innings.

No, BG its not

Closer or starter for JV, probably worthless in between. Unless he's a robot.

Hope you guys are right...i dunno if he will be a closer lareux. JV, remains to be seen if he can go over 95 for 1/2 innings.

No, BG its not

I don't know either, it just seems to make so much sense. You have a position that you have struggled with mightily in the past, and you have a previously stud pitcher who seems to have lost his velocity. Just comparing it to the Smoltz situation it seems to be the right thing to do. Only time will tell of course.

baseball just kinda sucks now

I love to bet it etc....but man

dudes fall off SO quick with MONSTER deals....just blows

I mean JV, MAYBE a closer now? wow, what happened?

baseball just kinda sucks now

I love to bet it etc....but man

dudes fall off SO quick with MONSTER deals....just blows

I mean JV, MAYBE a closer now? wow, what happened?

We're just speculatin', twink.

JV is perfect to close. He can dial it up for 20 pitches a few nights a week.

Max, Price, sanchez, Jv/Porcello

or Gray, Shark, kazmir, Lester

Who u got?

A's hands down for me..better lineup and better relief pitching..

Detroit is hell for closers except if your willie hernandez or valverde 2011

True, it certainly has been. But now they have the SP to experiment with putting JV, who was, up until this season, one of the top 5 pitchers in the game, in the closer's role. If he can do anything near what Smoltz did for Atlanta, they will be making trips to the WS often.

Back