2014 MLB Trade Deadline Rumors and Deals

Unless you don't want to pay him $8m next season, which apparently many teams don't want to do

Right. And, there's a player option for 2016, so when he takes the option (which he'd probably be a fool not to), you're paying him $8M for 2 more years.

So what that he's been below average for his 15 year career, or so what he's hit 44 of his 126 career HRs in the past 2 years?

PEDs. PEDs. PEDs.

zero chance. he already paid his penalty for them, he would not be stupid enough to risk it again. the dude is just an ox. unreal strength.

8 million for an outfielder who is gonna hit .270 with 30 homers is not a bad price

Right. And, there's a player option for 2016, so when he takes the option (which he'd probably be a fool not to), you're paying him $8M for 2 more years.

I just read up, it's actually a club option that vests based on plate appearances

zero chance. he already paid his penalty for them, he would not be stupid enough to risk it again. the dude is just an ox. unreal strength.

8 million for an outfielder who is gonna hit .270 with 30 homers is not a bad price

Zero chance? He's been caught before, so "zero chance" is being quite generous to him. If he's such an ox, why did he use them in the first place? We need to stop giving anyone the benefit of the doubt when it comes to PEDs....especially 35 yr olds who have suddenly found HR power and have been caught using them in the past.

D-W reminds me of a guy trying to trade Byrd in one of my more active fantasy leagues. Ox is good, but my closing reference is "light tower power".

I'm telling you, Sox are going to have to go to confession with the pope with these deals in the division.

I dont think As make it out of the 1st round

They very well may not. Things happen all the time in the playoffs that aren't expected. Just because they are the favs doesn't mean they will win, you're right about that.

Allen Craig and Joe Kelly is quite the return the Sox got for Lackey. They've done pretty well today even though they gave up their top 2 starting pitchers.

no pen tho

Won't need one if their starters all go 9 innings in the playoffs. :cool:

But really they can use one of their starters out of the bullpen in the playoffs, because you aren't going 5 deep (they may not even go 4 deep, and just use a 3 man rotation). That changes things for sure.

Scherzer, Price, Sanchez, Porcello is a nice playoff 4. Verlander in the Pen

Yep. Could even see Porcello coming out of the pen and them just going with Scherzer, Price, Sanchez. Verlander as a closer would be pretty interesting to say the least. Let him just give it everything he has for 1 inning? That could work out very well for the Tigers.

Price deal is a 3 team trade invoking rays tigers and mariners. Zobrist gone to mariners mabe?

Bt5aomgIUAARwCy.jpg:large

Gonna be great when the Indians streak to the wild card, take down Anaheim in the one-gamer, then mow down Oakland, Detroit and St. Louis to win the whole thing.

Back