2014 MLB Trade Deadline Rumors and Deals

Seriously, how could the Phillies not make deals? That team is the fucking walking dead. No fits for Lee, Byrd, Howard, Utley, Pap … eat some of your own bad contracts maybe, get some young players … no fits, no trades?

haha, didnt think about that until now, amaro is a jackass. that team should have been traded years ago. they should be doing what red sox did times 5

Seriously, how could the Phillies not make deals? That team is the fucking walking dead. No fits for Lee, Byrd, Howard, Utley, Pap … eat some of your own bad contracts maybe, get some young players … no fits, no trades?

haha, didnt think about that until now, amaro is a jackass. that team should have been traded years ago. they should be doing what red sox did times 5

I think some of those guys have trade approval clauses (Utley, Pap?), but Jesus, who wouldn't waive it to get out of that mess.

i traded teixeira and jd martinez yesterday for goldschmidt in fake baseball. worried now that jd playing everyday for sure now.

I think some of those guys have trade approval clauses (Utley, Pap?), but Jesus, who wouldn't waive it to get out of that mess.

You know the answer to this. Amaro is a "joke of a GM" and he was asking waaaay to much for any of their guys.

I'm okay with them not trading Utley as well. I like it when guys stay with one team their entire careers. He's done a lot for that franchise, I don't see the need to get mediocre players back for someone like Utley (probably all he's worth) just for the sake of trading someone.

Need one of the that-was-awkward gifs. Maybe the entering-and-leaving-room guy.

Cespedes T-Shirt give away Saturday

The A's will give away the Yoenis Céspedes "La Potencia" T-Shirt as planned this Saturday, August 2, presented by NetSuite, to 10,000 fans. La Potencia means "The Power" in Spanish and recognizes Céspedes for his contributions to back to back division titles.

At least we can all agree Amaro is a jackass.

Not sure what the Rays were thinking, that package for a Cy Young type guy is a joke. Hard to fathom they coudln't get more elsewhere.

Also, underrated deal of the day is the Stros deal for Cosart....they got a sick pull for him. I'd argue they got more for Cosart than the Rays got for Price

He should be fired. If you can't deal Byrd to one of 29 teams, you should be fired.

this isn't all over..lot of contracts will be dumped in August..waiver wires, etc.

Amaro isn't dumping anything, no one wants those geezers beyond a couple months.

I picture Amaro as Dr. Evil demanding one million dollars, and the other teams laughing uncontrollably.

Amaro isn't dumping anything, no one wants those geezers beyond a couple months.

I picture Amaro as Dr. Evil demanding one million dollars, and the other teams laughing uncontrollably.

thats funny. best thing phillies can hope for is what happened a few years ago with Boston when LAD saved the franchise lol.

Lee just came out of the game. Pointing to his elbow. Baseball gods are motherfuckers

The A's lose 1-0 first game without Cespedes. I will make a mountain out of a mole hill. Huge loss, advanced metrics be damned. He had a presence. That was felt everyday. Lester is only every five. Angels and Bosox benefit much more than Oakland IMO.

this isn't all over..lot of contracts will be dumped in August..waiver wires, etc.

7. Marlon Byrd, OF, Phillies. Despite 21 home runs and a reasonable $8 million salary, he was a split decision. The issues included the $8-million salary for next year, the vesting option for another $8 million based on plate appearances for 2016, the age (37 later this month) and the PED past. Philly allegedly had a big price tag on him, with team officials countering that the offers were "embarrassing." No shock, then, that folks don't agree over his fate.

That snippet is from this article on who would/could be claimed via waivers if their team attempts to trade them now...http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer...post-deadline-deals-who-could-still-be-traded

Byrd is actually 36 (I thought he was 35) and about to be 37. It also looks like his option for 2016 is based on his plate appearances next season, and not a team option as was mentioned earlier in this thread.

The A's lose 1-0 first game without Cespedes. I will make a mountain out of a mole hill. Huge loss, advanced metrics be damned. He had a presence. That was felt everyday. Lester is only every five. Angels and Bosox benefit much more than Oakland IMO.

Lester is facing 25+ hitters every 5 days, cespedes is playing everyday but only getting 4-5 ABs sooooooo

Lester is facing 25+ hitters every 5 days, cespedes is playing everyday but only getting 4-5 ABs sooooooo

and plays the outfield every .5 inning.. his defense is worth something??

another over for bososx,, will continue with the blind overs.... though playing in a nl park (i had forgotten interleague b.s.) they lose a hittter..

i agree with a lot of this and i said it when trade happened. while cespedes is not a premier hitter, he makes everyone else in the lineup better. tiger fans would be pissed if they traded vmart for price, and one could easily argue cespedes is more valuable to the a's lineup than vmart to tigers, this years #s be damned.

and plays the outfield every .5 inning.. his defense is worth something??

another over for bososx,, will continue with the blind overs.... though playing in a nl park (i had forgotten interleague b.s.) they lose a hittter..

Cespedes defensive value is rather low as a LF isn't getting many plays to make per game, let alone plays that aren't routine that he would ( or wouldn't) be able to make relative to a replacement OF

Cespedes defensive value is rather low as a LF isn't getting many plays to make per game, let alone plays that aren't routine that he would ( or wouldn't) be able to make relative to a replacement OF

I get what you are saying however him playing LF in Fenway while might like routine is not - especially off the wall in addition i don't think anyone will tag up and try to run on him while in the past - there have been many who have tagged up safely from left field, don't see that happening much these last x number of games...

Since All Star Break

Oakland 1-2 & 1-2 to under
Boston 1-2 & 2-1 to over

Lester didnt pitch great in victory. Vargas and Shields are good pitchers that shut Oakland down

Back