2014 MLB Trade Deadline Rumors and Deals

i agree with the general concepts, but a person being clutch is real and undeniable...it doesn't just have to do with baseball, but in life. some people are just great with their back up against the wall, some people are leaders, and some people don't want to carry a load.

Almost impossible to predict in sports. No one's reinventing the wheel and trading for a guy with great numbers this year with RISP, just because of that. If he has that always and every year, well then he plays every day and is going to cost you what you pay for a future HOF.

Very true. However, when you're now talking about teams that have 3 (even 4) legitimate "aces" it's going to be tougher to do. I'm not so sure that aces have been getting wrecked as much as the 2, 3, or 4 guy in the rotation has been hit in the playoffs. Going to be very interesting to see if any team can "wreck" the pitchers the A's and Tigers will trot out there.

agree it will be tougher. i have a team in mind, i just want to see them in august before i'm convinced.

I like Oakland overall..they are clutch this year..just crush every statistical cateogry and that run differential is insane.

I dont like that deal for Tampa

they got a lot more for Shields

Franklin is a good hitting 2b/ss prospect, and Smyly is either a 4th starter or elite LHP in the pen, plus Adames who isn't even in the Tigs top 10 prospects

I would take Myers or Cobb over all 3 of those

the thing with the AL this year, if things stay as is

there isn't one team that doesn't mash, so all it's going to depend on is who is hot at the time

any of the O's, Tigers, Jays, Angels could all out hit Oakland over 5-7 games and it wouldn't be a shock

The team that pays for Max will regret it. I'm banking on like a 100% trend.

the thing with the AL this year, if things stay as is

there isn't one team that doesn't mash, so all it's going to depend on is who is hot at the time

any of the O's, Tigers, Jays, Angels could all out hit Oakland over 5-7 games and it wouldn't be a shock

this.

I know Lareux presented and pointed to the last couple years, I'll need more years and years to be convinced that pitching, front end to back end, doesn't win playoff series. I've seen so many great middle-of-the-orders locked down the last thirty years. You need a little hitting to get there.

Well if it's the Jays, you won't be sold imo. It's about that time for the yearly Jays' fade into obscurity.

they haven't been anywhere close to the race like this more than once or twice in the last decade

plus they are the hottest team in the league missing their 4,5,6 hitters the last month

one of the easiest scheds in the league left too

they aren't fading, and Prado/Drew aren't going to catch them

only way AL East doesn't send 2 teams is if Seattle goes on a huge tear this last 2 months

how do ya'll know that illitch isn't just gonna go all out until he wins a ring? keeps scherzer and makes his kids figure out how to make money.

Illitch is going all out..Dude is building a new red wings arena downtown with business/apartment/market retail around it. He don't give a fuck prolly makes amilly a day with those hot and readys.

how do ya'll know that illitch isn't just gonna go all out until he wins a ring? keeps scherzer and makes his kids figure out how to make money.

Exactly. Guy's taking the can't-take-it-with-you philosophy to his presumably feeble heart.

they haven't been anywhere close to the race like this more than once or twice in the last decade

plus they are the hottest team in the league missing their 4,5,6 hitters the last month

one of the easiest scheds in the league left too

they aren't fading, and Prado/Drew aren't going to catch them

You and I have done this before...lol. They've been close to the race a few times, and faded each time. It just seems like they've started pretty well a few times and just hit July/Aug never to really be heard from again.

I am pulling for the Jays, I like Toronto and the team is fun to watch (I'm a Yanks fan)....I also live 90 minutes away so would love to go to a playoff game.

Illitch is going all out..Dude is building a new red wings arena downtown with business/apartment/market retail around it. He don't give a fuck prolly makes amilly a day with those hot and readys.

him and the taxpayers of detroit

I don't know what I hate more. The Detroit Tigers or Little Caesars.

I know Lareux presented and pointed to the last couple years, I'll need more years and years to be convinced that pitching, front end to back end, doesn't win playoff series. I've seen so many great middle-of-the-orders locked down the last thirty years. You need a little hitting to get there.

I agree with you, was just pointing out that recently it hasn't held very true. I used to love lining up to blindly bet unders in the playoffs....it was almost always a money maker. It hasn't been the past few years though, my wagering can attest to that. :o

obviously I want the tigers to win the world series... but I'm not sure sports would ever be the same for me after that.

Biting into a hot'n'ready is like biting into one of those pink chewy circus peanuts.

Todd Zolecki@ToddZolecki <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 7m</small>
Amaro surprised teams weren't more aggressive. He said they were willing to eat money. Didn't believe players offered would help them.

They were probably as aggressive as they felt they should be for a 35 yr old OF with an $8M contract for next season.

Seriously, how could the Phillies not make deals? That team is the fucking walking dead. No fits for Lee, Byrd, Howard, Utley, Pap … eat some of your own bad contracts maybe, get some young players … no fits, no trades?

Back