*****2013 Recruting Thread*****

I can see that
they have 5 or 6 guys in that area alone....rivals and 24/7 don't focus on that area...so SE I think they are prolly better than scout...but not in the midwest

They rank players that Bill Greene, Allen Treiu, Chad Simmons etc have seen play 15 times without ever seeing them play a snap live.

RB Alex Collins canceled his presser. He announced for Arkansas the other night on Sports South.

Mom won't sign the LOI, he will end up at Miami with FSU possibly creeping in to steal him

RB Alex Collins canceled his presser. He announced for Arkansas the other night on Sports South.

Mom won't sign the LOI, he will end up at Miami with FSU possibly creeping in to steal him
just let the kid get out and have a chance to be succesful...

Scout has had bama #1 several times. Not sure I get where you are coming from. But ok.

it's amazing how good a job all of em do really when u think about the amt of kids they rank....
An analysis of Rivals.com’s top 100 players from 2006 to 2009 reveals that 42 percent of the nation’s top prospects became busts, meaning they failed to either play in 40 games, start 20 games or have one above-average season in their college careers.

More than 1 million boys play high school football each fall. The chance of one of them being ranked as a Rivals.com top 100 prospect as a senior is 0.0004 percent. Yet, 42 percent of the best of the top one percentile still fail.

In contrast, only 14 percent of those 100 prospects have been, or are projected to be, first- or second-round picks in the NFL draft.

http://www.postandcourier.com/artic...cience-of-recruiting-results-in-many-failures

Scout has had bama #1 several times. Not sure I get where you are coming from. But ok.

I have no idea how they rate Alabama's class this year or in years' past, and don't really care. Like I said, I stopped paying attention to them a long time ago. I don't even know where to go to find their rankings.

It's definitely not an exact science. It's fun though obviously. There is definitely a rivals camp and scout camp for recruitniks. I guess I prefer scout, like jump said, with the Midwest evals.

I have no idea how they rate Alabama's class this year or in years' past. Like I said, I stopped paying attention to them a long time ago. I don't even know where to go to find their rankings.
Yet you have this ridiculous hatred for something you have no idea how to find, haven't followed and know nothing about? Odd stance.

It's definitely not an exact science. It's fun though obviously. There is definitely a rivals camp and scout camp for recruitniks. I guess I prefer scout, like jump said, with the Midwest evals.

I've never really thought about regional biases. That certainly is a valid point. I can say that fans of most programs in the south seem to prefer Rivals. I don't know of anyone who takes Scout seriously. So you're telling me the people in the midwest prefer Scout??? If so, that's news to me.

Last edited:
Yet you have this ridiculous hatred for something you have no idea how to find, haven't followed and know nothing about? Odd stance.

I don't "hate" anyone, nor do I "hate" any program. When I hear anyone or read anything from Scout on the topic of recruiting, I frequently find myself rolling my eyes. In general they seem to be uninformed. Perhaps there is some merit to them having a better pulse on midwest recruiting.

I do at least. I trust the Ohio and Michigan evaluators since the brunt of kids in the Michigan classes are from Midwest. Same with tosu and nd which are michigans biggest rivals along with msu. Just my opinion.

whats the deal with woulard. he seems like a beast, why wasnt anyone big time after him
don't know anything about him but his offer list def isn't what you'd expect for an elite 11 mvp...

was hoping clemson would get him as really want watson to flip '14 qb

Alex Collins mother swiped the LOI, left the school, and no one can find her.

feel bad for the kid.

*he lives with his coach

Back