*****2013 Recruting Thread*****

If I was a fan of Bama or (especially) LSU, I'd be getting very, very nervous...we got us a budding juggernaut in Oxford to go with an already established one in College Station.

When is the East gonna wake up? Ole Miss is what we call lightning in a bottle. A pefect storm.

No way they keep this up.

When is the East gonna wake up? Ole Miss is what we call lightning in a bottle. A pefect storm.

No way they keep this up.
I'm sorry, the East doesn't have a minor league NFL team in it like Bama.

But yes, the West has been king.

UGA hit and miss. Believe me, no one wants Ole Miss more irrelevant than a Tiger fan....prob more than Miss St fans(all 10 of em)

ETG, rumor has it Brad Lawing came with a commitment to bring Da'Shawn. What you think, baby? :)

The Gators have a better shot at Hand than they did with the last three top-ranked defensive ends (Nkemdiche, Edwards, Clowney). Hand named UF in his Top 5 on Feb. 4 and he has a great relationship with the new D-line coach, Brad Lawing.

ETG, rumor has it Brad Lawing came with a commitment to bring Da'Shawn. What you think, baby? :)

The Gators have a better shot at Hand than they did with the last three top-ranked defensive ends (Nkemdiche, Edwards, Clowney). Hand named UF in his Top 5 on Feb. 4 and he has a great relationship with the new D-line coach, Brad Lawing.

Hand likes Lawing's no BS approach to recruiting/coaching. That will keep you in it.

Ultimately, pulling him from VT is going to be tough for anyone.

Stoops doing work in Lexington. Being from Ohio he is hitting the Buck Nut State hard telling kids they can play in the SEC and telling their parents they can actually make it to all the home games. Too bad his last name is Stoops as they can't coach em up for the big games. But, I reckon, anything positive out of Lexington in football would be a good thing.

[h=1]Alabama commitments aim to get Neville's Laurence Jones to join them, spurn LSU[/h]
<!-- /headline -->
hootie-jonesjpg-16fe5191bbe11230.jpg

Neville safety Laurence 'Hootie' Jones is down to LSU and Alabama. (NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune Archive)

Print
By Andrew Lopez, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune The Times-Picayune
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on September 05, 2013 at 12:04 PM

<!-- /Byline -->
<!-- /social_top -->View/Post Comments

<!-- /social_mobile --><!-- series -->[h=3]Latest Recruiting News[/h]
All Stories | All Videos

<!-- /series --><!-- Aka Story Package --><!-- gallery-preview --><!-- /gallery-preview --><!-- Aka Secondary Package -->

<!-- /storypackage --><!-- Article -->West Monroe -- Two down, one to go?
If recent Alabama commitments Cameron Robinson and Cameron Sims have their way, that's how it'll be for what Sims dubs the "Big Three" of Monroe.
Robinson, the West Monroe offensive lineman ranked the No. 2 prospect in the NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune Nifty 50, and Sims, the Ouachita Parish wide receiver who is No. 16, are diligently working on Neville defensive back Laurence "Hootie" Jones to commit to the Crimson Tide.
Jones, a 6-foot-2, 210-pound safety rated as one of the best prospects in the country and No. 6 in the Nifty 50, said he is down to LSU and Alabama, much the same way Robinson was before he made his decision Wednesday.
"I'm happy for them," Jones said, "but this doesn't speed up or slow down my decision process at all."
Jones, Robinson and Sims are childhood friends. Jones knows his good buddies will make their best pitches to get him to Tuscaloosa, but in the end, Jones said he'll make the best decision for himself.
<!-- Start of Brightcove Player --><!-- End of Brightcove Player -->

West Monroe's Cameron Robinson discusses his decision to pick Alabama over LSU: Video West Monroe offensive lineman Cameron Robinson, one of the top prospects in the country, talks about his decision to choose Alabama over LSU.

"If I go to a different school, it would affect me because we wouldn't be as close as we are," Jones said. "I'm happy for both of them, but I just hope that I make the right decision for myself and we all can be happy for each other."
Jones, who plans to enroll in college in January, initially wanted to announce his decision before the season. Now, he doesn't have a specific timeframe.
Whatever the case, Sims and Robinson are focused on getting their longtime friend to join them in Alabama.
"We're working hard," Sims said. "We have to get the Big Three out of Monroe to go to Bama. We're working real hard on Hootie."
While Sims was optimistic about luring Jones, Robinson was more definitive.
"We're gonna get Hootie," Robinson said. "That's a deal that's done. We're gonna get Hootie, man. That's what we're working towards."

Da'Shawn Hand commits to Alabama. #1 player per Rivals. I like the symmetry with having 247's #1 overall too

Hootie Jones decommits from Alabama? anyone hear this Bama guys?

Didn't see this one coming. Weird that he gets done with the official visit to the school he's committed to, then decommits during the dead period. Wonder what changed? He's a January enrollee too, I think, so under the rules, he won't be able to speak to any coaches until after he enrolls

Didn't see this one coming. Weird that he gets done with the official visit to the school he's committed to, then decommits during the dead period. Wonder what changed? He's a January enrollee too, I think, so under the rules, he won't be able to speak to any coaches until after he enrolls

Part of me wants coach to tell him fuck off....we all in on the Texas kid

Back