*****2013 Recruting Thread*****

You got it man. I wish I knew you as a kid.

Move along, your beating will be coming very soon. A little over 200 days away

You wish you knew me as a kid?! Lol. Whoa's me!! Unbelievable. I just call them like i see 'em and you always have a retort (excuse). not one time have you ever said to someone, "you know what? you are right." The fact is, you give me shit all the time about UNC recruiting. I know what the score is. I've said on more than one occasion we gotta win more to keep em here. But, the fact remains, we went into SC and have gotten some of your guys, too, like Quinshad. You offered him and had Shawn Elliott breathing down his neck. Quinshad just wasn't interested. Just fucking admit it and quit whining. Whatever your excuse is, YOU MISSED OUT. Quinshad would be your guy right now at WR. Period. And Tapley (The only other OV he took) would be your guy as well at WR. <--- Jacksonville, Fl is considerably closer to Colombia than Chapel Hill.

Anytime you wanna meet up for a beer on your trek down South, just let me know in advance. I live three minutes off I-95. Just give me enough lead time as I don't live with momma and daddy anymore and have to work for a living.

If you don't have the balls to stop off of I-95, just start hitting UNC fans in the back of the head Labor Day weekend. :-). But whatever you do, DO NOT lose to UNC that weekend.

Tashawn Bower situation was odd.

Alex Collins situation takes the cake for the day though.

And we did....hilarious

I watched Dixon quite a bit last season, and he struggled. It was clear he was running last amongst the corners at Alabama. I posted somewhere at the time that I didn't think he would ever see the field at Alabama. Shortly thereafter he left the team. This was a rare miss on a CB prospect by Saban. I wish the guy luck.

in news of the weird.

DE Tashawn Bower committed to UF this morning. Got mad the media released it, committed to LSU just now.

*Except, UF may have his LOI

we hear official LSU

anyone see where acebbogie's dad took a nice job in Oxford? true or rumor?

its more intriguing to me to hear the names of players who will be kicked off the team with oversigning done today.

list em!

its more intriguing to me to hear the names of players who will be kicked off the team with oversigning done today.

list em!

you still don't understand the concept of roster management.

cuts are not made until after spring practice.

UPDATE: There is an interesting twist to Collins’ recruiting story. Not long before he was set to sign his National Letter of Intent and send it in to Arkansas, Alex Collins’ mothers took the papers and disappeared, because she was unhappy with his decision to leave his home state of Florida.
A players decision can not be official until he signs the papers and the papers cannot be complete without the signature of his legal guardian.
[RELATED: Schedule of National Signing Day Announcements]
This is definitely a story to watch and the folks in Arkansas should have some growing concerns. Other than Arkansas, Collins was considering Florida, Florida State, Miami and Wisconsin.
South Plantation running back recruit Alex Collins announced his decision to join the Arkansas Razorbacks football team on Monday night on Fox Sports South. The Florida native was said to be choosing between Miami and Arkansas, but ultimately chose to leave his home state and head for the SEC.
Rivals.com has the four-star Collins rated the No. 13 running back recruit in the nation.
At 5-foot-11, 207-pounds, Collins is a well-rounded running back that has a good understanding of angles and the power to run through defenders. Collins was initially committed to Miami before backing out of the commitment in November of last year.
On top of the offers from Arkansas and Miami, Collins was being recruited by Florida, Florida State and Wisconsin.
Many believe that the Arkansas recruit is the best running back this year from the state of Florida. It is a great signing for the Razorbacks.
Stay tuned to FanSided.com for the latest college football recruiting news and be sure to visit us on National Signing Day for up to date signing announcements on the nation’s top recruits. It’s an exciting day to be a college football fan and we look forward to sharing the day with you.

I watched Dixon quite a bit last season, and he struggled. It was clear he was running last amongst the corners at Alabama. I posted somewhere at the time that I didn't think he would ever see the field at Alabama. Shortly thereafter he left the team. This was a rare miss on a CB prospect by Saban. I wish the guy luck.

Think we are talking about different guys.

Collins is going to have another family member sign the LOI

As for where Collins will end up, a source close to the situation told CBSSports.com Collins is expected to sign with the Razorbacks by the end of the day. "It's just going to take some time," the source said.
Collins is considered the top all-purpose running back in the 2013 class by 247Sports.com. The 5-foot-11, 204-pound back from South Plantation in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., has rushed for 2,915 yards and 38 touchdowns the last two seasons.

Had 4 targets today (in my order of importance): Bostwick, Reed, Clark and Bower.

Got top two (DT depth was an issue)...no idea what happened with Bower's LOI (late LSU envelope?) and I don't blame WRs for not picking UF until we actually have a passing game (thank you DRobinson, fu CUM).

Y'all don't know shit, ESPN is head-n-shoulders best recruiting site...always have the Gators above where they deserve. :)

UGA was the one team that I noticed couldn't pull anything...saw on twitter they only got 1 of top 10 players in home state. Wow, if true...

we hear official LSU

anyone see where acebbogie's dad took a nice job in Oxford? true or rumor?

Catching up on the thread, YES I believe he has accepted a job at Ole Miss's medical campus in Jackson, MS (not oxford). There was alot of hupla made of the matter. His Wife lives in a different country, and his two kids are now together in Oxford ... He's a doctor, he's paid well wherever he goes, why not move closer to your boys???

Urban can still close I see.

Scouts usually favors the Midwest cause that's where most there guys are. So they have better info on those players and are hoping for Midwest teams fans buying subscriptions. Pretty good budiness plan since people get sick of the sec love. It's all subjective anyways. Unless a service ranks Florida one then they are geniuses.

NO_PIG_SOOIE_zpsadb79e66.gif

Outkick Coverage: Ole Miss, UCLA, A&M, UDub

Continued Excellence: Bama, tOSU, UF, ND, LSU, Big Blue, FSU

C'mon, Coach: Miami, Tejas, USC, OU, UGA (top 5 potential)

Great day for Ole Miss on paper and based on Friday night players ... now comes Saturday ball ...

Recruitment is obviosuly a big part of the process, but none of it matters without a great coaching staff, teamwork, hard work, film studies blah blah blah ... So while it's a happy day for Ole Miss, every other SEC west team (and pretty much all SEC teams) racked up on big players too.

Key difference that I think a lot of the Ole Miss fan base is missing here is these other teams are adding top recruits to already really strong progams, (I think we do return the most starters), but we dont start with the best talent base. We still have a very tough schedule ahead. This might sound crazy but getting to 7/8 wins next year, that gonna be a task.

In regards to the previous "Oh my god Ole Miss is paying for their recruits, their cheating, blah blah blah" ...

While I certainly am not naive to the fact that issues like this happen, I don't think it caused the difference of this recruiting class. I mean do you think they slipped these guys 10s of thousands of dollars in one under the table hand-off??? Maybe some spending money and there's more were that came from kinda talk. But its not like they're passing out wads of cash for these kids to retire. Which I think has to be universal at big programs. Or maybe I am naive.

There was an intially high chance that Robert Knemdiche was going to Ole Miss to begin with. Naturally this brings attention from other high profile players. And guess what, like I attributed to the fact earlier, a lot of teams in the SEC are already deep in positions, who wants to be told "come to Bama, you can start your junior year"? Ole Miss "appears" to be moving in a positive direction, young coaching staff, and motivating these recruits, letting the top players in their positions know, "we need help in this area, your gonna be competing for a starting position from day 1". We don't have the back log of elite players at every position like the top programs in the SEC do ... but we could be headed in the right direction.

So I don't think its really that far fetching that this class has come together due to Nkemdiche brothers and a couple other early commits to make Ole Miss an attractive place to play for the late comers. What a spectacular recruiting weekend to have all these big recruits on campus at once, they pulled that off very well.

Consider this a Homer statement, but I think Ole Miss (and Vandy) ended the season as the best middle of the pack SEC schools with the most potential to move up to the higher tier. Won't be a one year turn around, gotta get the program in place, but the potential may already be there!

Catching up on the thread, YES I believe he has accepted a job at Ole Miss's medical campus in Jackson, MS (not oxford). There was alot of hupla made of the matter. His Wife lives in a different country, and his two kids are now together in Oxford ... He's a doctor, he's paid well wherever he goes, why not move closer to your boys???

I know he is a doctor. Nice job from what I hear though. Great class:shake:

Clemson's class finishes up with Crowder

Pretty pleased all around. Alexander was a nice signing day surprise. Finished second for a lot of high profile guys but overall I think we did pretty well

Clemson's class finishes up with Crowder

Pretty pleased all around. Alexander was a nice signing day surprise. Finished second for a lot of high profile guys but overall I think we did pretty well

Dabo and staff are great recruiters...

NCAA enforcement has effectively been neutered by Miami investigation...nothing wrong with programs taking advantage of this fact.

Kids generated $72.81M in revenue ('10) for UF and were "paid" nada. Imo, they deserve their cut...if it comes from deep pocketed alumni, even better for the school. :)

Collins will sign tomorrow.

A real shame what he had to go through today with his mother.

did.not.read.

Thats bc you crossed the line attempting to act like a "tough guy" on the Internet two posts ago. You are a fraud, dude. But the reality is, you did read it. No one believes you.

Its kinda ironic that USClite is the mirror image of the same team Spurrier gave so much hell to back in the day ... Tennessee. You can't spell Citrus without USC.

Why is this Collins kid so hell bent on signing with Arkansas? Want to talk about a culture shock!! Not to mention, he lives closer to Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens than the University of Miami which is South of Miami. Only one issue here ...

Why is this Collins kid so hell bent on signing with Arkansas? Want to talk about a culture shock!! Not to mention, he lives closer to Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens than the University of Miami which is South of Miami. Only one issue here ...

That staff has been recruiting him for 2+ years so its reasonable to think that is the staff he is most comfortable with.....Miami also just lost their RB coach to the NFL. Maybe he thinks his best chance to be successful in life is to get away from Miami and his bat shit crazy mother that he doesn't live with yet stole his LOI.

Thats bc you crossed the line attempting to act like a "tough guy" on the Internet two posts ago. You are a fraud, dude. But the reality is, you did read it. No one believes you.

Its kinda ironic that USClite is the mirror image of the same team Spurrier gave so much hell to back in the day ... Tennessee. You can't spell Citrus without USC.

When is the last time UNC won 11 games? (1997) How about in back to back years??? But yes, keep talking about South Carolina and acting like the team you root for can recruit its home state, sells out its stadium, and actually win some games.

And no, I didn't read your paragraph post. I don't pretend to be someone I'm not nor do I act like an asshole on the internet.

Last edited:
When is the last time UNC won 11 games? (1997) How about in back to back years??? But yes, keep talking about South Carolina and acting like the team you root for can recruit its home state, sells out its stadium, and actually win some games.

And no, I didn't read your paragraph post. I don't pretend to be someone I'm not nor do I act like an asshole on the internet.

CG doesn't have access to the mod forum

Back