*****2013 Recruting Thread*****

kid needs some direction in his life.

talented for sure but sadly he may waste it if he doesn't get his head on straight.

That is how it feels from a couple thousand miles away. Like a guy who just can't get out of his own way. Hope I'm wrong.

he should be announcing in the next 10-15min on sports south.

no one knows if he will actually sign his LOI on Wednesday with the same school.

ETG
Any chance you can tell me a little bit about Tanner Mcevoy. Don't get why he'd leave SC because he thought he wouldn't play then sign with Wisconsin who's actually deep at QB.

ETG
Any chance you can tell me a little bit about Tanner Mcevoy. Don't get why he'd leave SC because he thought he wouldn't play then sign with Wisconsin who's actually deep at QB.

He is an athletic QB but very raw at the position. He only played QB his senior year of HS. He left SC because of some off the field issues. Spurrier was not going to have another Garcia situation so it was best for both sides if he left campus. Maybe he has matured and grown up while at JUCO, I don't know. He could make a very good WR/TE imo but he seems dead set on QB. He has a big arm, good legs/mobility but I don't know how far along he is in his development.

He is an athletic QB but very raw at the position. He only played QB his senior year of HS. He left SC because of some off the field issues. Spurrier was not going to have another Garcia situation so it was best for both sides if he left campus. Maybe he has matured and grown up while at JUCO, I don't know. He could make a very good WR/TE imo but he seems dead set on QB. He has a big arm, good legs/mobility but I don't know how far along he is in his development.

Thanks

Foster's recruiting has been bizarre.

He would be best served to go to Bama where their approach to football is professional and he won't be coddled. He will either get with the program or get lost.

I wouldn't count Foster until the ink is dry on the LOI.

I think you have a pretty good read on Foster. I've been saying for a few months now that Foster needs Alabama more than Alabama needs Foster. He desperately needs a stern father figure and role model to keep him pointed in the right direction. He is the type of guy who could very well flame out at Alabama, but I think Alabama and Nick Saban probably give him the best chance of reaching his immense potential.

I've been out all night. Other than Foster can someone catch me up on all the commitments tonight??? Link maybe???

Leon Sandcastle killing me...

Reports: Jalen Ramsey to FSU

by Zach Abolverdi » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:35 am

Several sites are reporting that five-star CB Jalen Ramsey will sign with FSU tomorrow. I sent a text to his father seeking comment, but I haven't gotten anything and don't expect to.

Obviously this is disappointing news for the Gators. They recruited Ramsey for months and were thought to be his favorite at one point or another. I was thinking UF for him last week, but that was a pure guess. There has been zero info coming from Ramsey's camp in the past month.

But like I've said for weeks, every target left on Florida's board is a luxury at this point besides defensive line. Ramsey was an important prospect for UF and I know missing on him (especially to FSU) hurts Gator fans. However, keep in mind that Florida is stacked in the secondary and has the nation's No. 1 corner coming in. Go watch some VH3 highlight and it will cheer you up.

http://recruits.gatorsports.com/player/ ... eaves-iii/

Speaking of head cases, travell dixon decommitted for a 2nd time. Maybe we can get him a 3rd time before tomorrow.

Hehe

[video=youtube;FEeCSMstbb0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FEeCSMstbb0[/video]

how many kids are going to say they will "shock the world" only to pick the school everyone projected them to.

It’s the eve of national signing day for the 2013 cycle, so it’s time to roll out the final projections for this class. Below, 247Sports National Recruiting Director JC Shurburtt and I take a final stab at projecting where many of the uncommitted prospects in the country will sign tomorrow.

7_794352.jpg
Though LSU has made it interesting, we still project Ole Miss for the nation's No. 1 prospect Robert Nkemdiche.​
Prospect- Robert Nkemdiche, DE, Loganville (Ga.) Grayson
Announcement- 7:35 a.m. Wednesday
Quick Take- While Florida received an official visit, this one comes down to Ole Miss and LSU with the Rebels remaining the pick in a battle closer than expected.
Projection- Ole Miss

Prospect- Jay-Nard Bostwick, DE/DT, Port Saint Lucie (Fla.) West Centennial
Announcement- 8 a.m. Wednesday
Quick Take- Bostwick is an in-state battle between Florida and Miami with the Gators having got the last word in on an official visit over the weekend. Last word definitely works out here.
Projection- Florida

Prospect- Matthew Thomas, OLB, Miami (Fla.) Booker T. Washington
Announcement- 9 a.m. Wednesday
Quick Take- This recruitment has long been thought to be an in-state battle between hometown Miami and Florida State. That is exactly where the decision will come from the Seminoles feeling good about their chances.
Projection- Florida State (Hamilton), Miami (Shurburtt)

Prospect- James Clark, WR, New Smyrna Beach (Fla.)
Announcement- 9 a.m. Wednesday
Quick Take- he 5-foot-10.5, 170-pounder will pick from the Buckeyes and Gators with the in state power having had the last word over the weekend.
Projection- Florida (Hamilton), Ohio State (Shurburtt)

Prospect- Joshua Dobbs, QB, Alpharetta (Ga.)
Announcement- 9:10 a.m. Wednesday
Quick Take- Dobbs has been committed to Arizona State since June of 2012, but a Jan. 25 official visit to Tennessee has left his decision in doubt.
Projection- Tennessee

Prospect- Denver Kirkland, OG, Miami (Fla.) Booker T. Washington
Announcement- 9:20 a.m. Wednesday
Quick Take- Kirkland looked to be headed to Miami until the events of a week ago left a lot of doubt, giving Florida State, Arkansas and South Florida reason for hope. All hope may not be lost for the Hurricanes, however.
Projection- Miami

Prospect- Laremy Tunsil, OT, Lake City (Fla.) Columbia
Announcement- 9:30 a.m. Wednesday
Quick Take- Tunsil’s finalists are Ole Miss, Alabama and Georgia with the Rebels having grabbed all the momentum of late.

Projection- Ole Miss

Prospect- Montravius Adams, DT, Vienna (Ga.) Dooly County
Announcement- 9:45 a.m. Wednesday
Quick Take- Adams began the recruiting process with Auburn and Clemson at the top of the list. Despite the 6-foot-4, 310-pounder also visiting Alabama and Florida, this one comes down to the same two programs.
Projection- Auburn

Prospect- Chris Jones, DE, Houston (Miss.)
Announcement- 10 a.m. Wednesday
Quick Take- Jones has made waves the last two weekends showing up on the campus of Ole Miss for both an official and two unofficial visits. While many have suggested that places the Rebels in the drivers seat, the 6-foot-5, 250-pounder has a long-standing relationship with the Mississippi State coaching staff, plus he’s been to Starkville multiple times, too.
Projection- Mississippi State

Prospect- Vonn Bell, S, Rossville (Ga.) Ridgeland
Announcement- 10 a.m. Wednesday
Quick Take- Bell has been a lean to Tennessee, Ohio State and Alabama at different times during the process. In the end, proximity wins out, though the Buckeyes are making things very interesting.
Projection- Tennessee

Prospect- Torrodney Prevot, DE, Houston (Texas) Taylor
Announcement- 10:20 a.m. Wednesday
Quick Take- Prevot has been committed to USC since late July, but official visits to Oregon and Texas A&M have left another Trojan commitment in doubt. Could the Aggies earn pledges from two in-state pass rushers on signing day?
Projection- USC (Hamilton), Texas A&M (Shurburtt)

Prospect- Daeshon Hall, DE, Lancaster (Texas)
Announcement- 10:30 a.m. Wednesday
Quick Take- The Washington native has remained committed to the Huskies, but has made a number of visits with Texas A&M having the best chance to flip the Top247 prospect.
Projection- Texas A&M

Prospect- Tony Conner, S, Batesville (Miss.) South Panola
Announcement- 10:45 a.m. Wednesday
Quick Take- While the majority has been predicting Ole Miss for months, if not more than a year, the 6-foot-2, 203-pounder has always spoke very highly of Alabama. Conner will announce in front a packed house Ole Miss partisan crowd. Will he pull the trigger for the Tide?
Projection- Alabama (Hamilton), Ole Miss (Shurburtt)

Prospect- Stacy Coley, WR, Oakland Park (Fla.) Northeast
Announcement- 11:05 a.m. Wednesday
Quick Take- Coley is a prospect that most have expected to stay in state. It appears as if that will certainly be the case on Wednesday when the 6-foot-1, 175-pound silky smooth prospects picks between Florida State, South Florida and Miami.
Projection- Florida State

Prospect- MacKensie Alexander, CB, Immokalee (Fla.)
Announcement- 11:15 a.m. Wednesday
Quick Take- The 5-foot-10.5, 180-pound physical corner will make a selection from Clemson, Mississippi State and Auburn most likely. This one would qualify as very difficult to predict, to say the least, as anything can happen. The Bulldogs and both Tigers have reasons to feel good and not-so-good about landing him.
Projection- Mississippi State (Hamilton), Auburn (Shurburtt)

Prospect- Dee Liner, DT, Muscle Shoals (Ala.)
Announcement- Noon Wednesday
Quick Take- While the 6-foot-2.5, 277-pounder talked about visiting Georgia and others; this one is over.
Projection- Alabama

Prospect- Johnathan Ford, RB, New Hope (Ala.)
Announcement- Noon Wednesday
Quick Take- Ford was committed to Vanderbilt for five months and flying under the radar until tearing it up as a senior. Following official visits to Tennessee and Auburn, the 5-foot-10.5, 180-pounder officially re-opened his recruitment. At noon, he will make his announcement after putting off a Monday scheduled decision. The in-state team is the favorite.
Projection- Auburn

Prospect- Quinton Powell, LB, Daytona Beach (Fla.) Mainland
Announcement- 12:15 p.m. Wednesday
Quick Take- Powell was once a Florida commit, but the two sides parted ways, then had a brief courtship, then parted ways again. USC, Oregon and Miami are the finalist and we think the Trojans get their second Mainland star (Leonard Williams from last cycle) in as many years.
Projection- USC

Prospect- Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Haven (Fla.)
Announcement- 12:30 p.m.
Quick Take- Woulard has been a bit of a mystery in January. Both Clemson and Kentucky have moved on from the 6-foot-4, 200-pounder following official visits with UCLA and possibly South Florida left standing. Westwood is the word.
Projection- UCLA

Prospect- Keith Bryant, DT, Delray Beach (Fla.) Atlantic
Announcement- 1:30 p.m. Wednesday
Quick Take- Bryant has been talked about as leaning to South Carolina and Florida State in recent weeks with Miami continuing to lurk. The Seminoles are the odds-on favorites to land the four-star defensive tackle, but you can’t rule out the Canes and there is reason for the Gamecocks’ optimism.
Projection- Florida State (Hamilton), Miami (Shurburtt)

Prospect- Alvin Kamara, RB, Norcross (Ga.)
Announcement- 3:35 p.m. Wednesday
Quick Take- Kamara was once considered a heavy Georgia lean, primarily because of the number of running backs Alabama has committed in this class. In recent weeks, though, this recruitment has been all Alabama with the Crimson Tide the heavy favorite.
Projection- Alabama

Prospect- Tyrone Crowder, OG, Rockingham (N.C.) Richmond
Announcement- 4:05 p.m. Wednesday
Quick Take- This one is the most obvious decision of them all. The 6-foot-1, 335-pounder made one official visit, to Clemson.
Projection- Clemson

Prospect- Eddie Vanderdoes, DT, Auburn (Calif.) Placer
Announcement- 8 p.m. Wednesday
Quick Take- Vanderdoes is reportedly down to three schools with out state programs Notre Dame and Alabama both feeling good about their chances. We have been sticking with the West Coast schools the whole way, no reason to back off now. At least one of us.
Projection- UCLA (Hamilton), Notre Dame (Shurburtt)

Prospect- Kylie Fitts, DE, Redlands (Calif.) East Valley
Announcement- TBD
Quick Take- The former USC commit has made official visits to Utah, Notre Dame and UCLA since de-committing from the Trojans. We expect him to stay on the West Coast.
Projection- UCLA

Prospect- Yannick Ngakoue, LB, Washington (D.C.) Friendship
Announcement- TBD
Quick Take- This one is down to ACC Atlantic rivals Maryland and Florida State with the Terps the heavy favorites to land the talented defender. Don’t count the Noles out completely, but this one has been trending for the home team for a while.
Projection- Maryland

Prospect- Skai Moore, LB, Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) University School
Announcement- 9:20 a.m. Wednesday
Quick Take- The 6-foot-3, 215-pounder is thought by some to be a South Carolina lean, but Rutgers remains in the hunt with Vanderbilt still hopeful.
Projection- South Carolina

Prospect- Zach Cunningham, LB, Pinson Valley (Ala.)
Announcement- TBD
Quick Take- Cunningham made official visits to Auburn, Oregon and Vanderbilt in January and while staying in-state may very well be option No. 1 for the 6-foot-4, 211-pounder, the Tigers are tight on spots, leaving the Commodores in the cat bird’s seat.
Projection- Vanderbilt

Gerry Hamilton is the lead national recruiting analyst for 247Sports. Follow him on Twitter@GerryH247Sports

Back