2013 'Bankrupt Ain't Gun Stop Us-But Jimmay WILL' Detroit Tigers Thread...

Barring Tribe Magic, I really want Tigs-Braves, saw 'em up close this week, they're the best. (OK, Karl, I'll settle for the Dodgers too.)

Not an easy task, allowing 20 runs. Your pitchers have to be extremely focused.

Indians 22 - Yankees 4

4/18/09

Bronx

Still brings a warm tear to my eye.

2007 Cy Young: CC Sabathia
2008 Cy Young: Cliff Lee

2009 WS, game one. CC Sabathia vs. Cliff Lee

had a breakfast in the D today with some execs from local companies, a few from tigers front office were there, over a bloody mary i asked about prince, he said his word is his wife was screwing around with one of the "young guys who is no longer with the team" i guessed quinten berry and avisail garcia?? he said if i told you i would have to kill u because prince would kill me.

feel bad for prince if that is remotely true.

looks like i need to get involved again, starting today tigers reel off another streak, just messing with c-town this last week

Some scholars might say it's likelier to just catch Detroit (four out) than outplay five or six teams for one or two spots (one or two out) ... who can say? Just win games at this point, Tribe. (Not you, Detroit.)

My dream scenario is Cleveland winning the division and forcing Detroit into the one-gamer on Porcello's turn.

Not a lot of off days at the back end of the season there. But I wouldn't throw him either.

It's a sneaky advantage of Cleveland's in setting up post season starters. "Set up our aces? We don't got no stinkin' aces!"

So are Detroit's. But I'd rather be the stalker. As long as we don't have to actually play Detroit.

guy's i'm a tiger fan but this team won't win the big one. one problem no pitching nothing I mean the bullpen. like hunt said in one post the starters will have to pitch 8 inn. no bullpen can't win

guy's i'm a tiger fan but this team won't win the big one. one problem no pitching nothing I mean the bullpen. like hunt said in one post the starters will have to pitch 8 inn. no bullpen can't win

while their pen is not good, i disagree, i think their pen is actually in better shape this year than last year once the valverde melt started in the playoffs. the reason they didnt win it last year is because they could not hit a beer can in the ws. i think the hitting in NL parks against good pitching is what hurts them more than anything.

lets examine the probable AL playoff teams
Boston----bullpen is sketchy at best though been better lately, similar issues as tigers to say the least, lineups even, adv tigers starting pitching
Oakland--- no doubt bullpen is better, but the lineup is much worse (i know they are hot these days) and the starting pitching is very raw, no comparison there
Texas--- not a fan of this team, if they make the playoffs, which i think will be a play in game if anything, but they have some mental midgets in garza, yu and holland though they can be good and their pen with a healthy ogando could be troublesome.
Cleveland---will beat us when hell freezes over in playoff series
TB---one team that scares me with that starting pitching and annoying stadium and david price going twice in a short series. its like a nl team.
NYY--bullpen is probably worse, no matter, highly unlikely they reach oct
BAL--- their starting pitching of tillman, feldman, norris, chen and gonzalez make a bullpen irrelevant with tigers bats

tampa texas scare me the most, if they make the playoffs, then if they advance in a probable one game playoff against each other. boston has the "it" thing going for it this year with the marathon tragedy on patriots day, fate may have them winning it all.

You're clearly not picking up on my sarcasm lol

GL in the 8th innings on in playoffs...should be only place you need it.

:cheers:

You're clearly not picking up on my sarcasm lol

GL in the 8th innings on in playoffs...should be only place you need it.

:cheers:

cant tell from stupid computers sometimes i guess what we really mean.... i may need Kluber big time tonight if i grab him for fantasy, is he on a pitch count again??

Tigers have a major problem in middle relief..Veras isn't going to cut it. Consistently gets behind in counts. Porcello should be back there for playoffs..

I've neglected this Tribe thread in recent days. Playoffs start early, today, Monday. Kaz v. Shields. 3 @ KC, then 4 at home against the Stros. Noticed the Tribe's scheduled to face a whopping five lefty starters over the next two series. Doesn't scare me quite as much as it used to, but still an oddity. Neutralizes Brantley, but Gomes and Raburn been tearing up the lefties this year.

You see Prince leg it out and beat that throw just now? Nimble fat guy. Can't believe he didn't pull some fat.

Back