2013 'Bankrupt Ain't Gun Stop Us-But Jimmay WILL' Detroit Tigers Thread...

Leyland strikes again.

That prolly turned the series.

One 20 minute stretch of terrible decisions.

That prolly turned the series.

Nah. I've happily put a(, for now, admittedly small) bet on Tigers to win the Series (will look put more on after Game 3, depending on the results & subsequent odds). The things that have me doubting Boston winning this series before Detroit does, haven't disappeared because of 1 GS - they've only been confirmed as the case after 2 games.

Detroit Benoit that fat fucker what does he do first pitch right down the middle he got lucky in the first game. Benoit almost blown that game he did the same thing right down the middle Boston batter just missed hitting a home run. Jimmy another prize what a coach it looks like he has been drinking with Cabrera

I would rather have the posters from ctg pitch for Detroit. my god are these guys bad I feel bad for the starters these guys have to pitch all 9 inn. I really think the bullpen could not strike out a tee ball team

I think Detroit is in trouble how do you come back from something like that it goes from being up 2-0 to 1-1 in the series

being a Boston guy, I believe this series is far from over. Hard not to like Verlander in game 3. Dude has been pitching his tits off. Lackey on the other hand has been decent but not great. If the Sox want to get in the Tigers heads they better not continue this strikeout parade. 30 in 2 games? wtf.
Sox need to get to Verlander early and get in that Detroit pen. That is the 1 area where the Sox have the advantage.
Looking forward to tomorrow's game.

Everyone overreacting about how this series is over now needs to settle down. Detroit has home field and a big advantage in SP going on Tuesday. Shitty ending to last night but the pen isn't going to give up a grand slam every game. Going into this series I would've been happy with a split in Boston coming home... And that's what we got. Flavorman is right, two great teams, this is far from over.

So glad this is a best of 7 series and not 5. Very entertaining series and it's only going to get better.

hard not to like Verlander here.
Something tells me this game could be like the dodger game last night.
Give me the Sox at plus money
Flav

Imma taking Bos very small...hangover...and the price is too good...very small but on principle...

Imma be there though! Go Tigs!

Imma taking Bos very small...hangover...and the price is too good...very small but on principle...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8496-1362580206-0.gif

I can almost never do this, even small. I'm such a homer and amateur. I could dabble against the Tribe in the regular season, but not the playoffs. The eventual loss is painful enough, what's a few bucks gonna do?

I can almost never do this, even small. I'm such a homer and amateur. I could dabble against the Tribe in the regular season, but not the playoffs. The eventual loss is painful enough, what's a few bucks gonna do?
don't worry...he can't do it either...he's a proud homer as well...Bar is very superstitiuous and is trying to reverse jinx kinda deal for pocket change..

don't worry...he can't do it either...he's a proud homer as well...Bar is very superstitiuous and is trying to reverse jinx kinda deal for pocket change..

I am superstitious.

I prolly will just play a TT or something like did last Tuesday with A's...so could be a triple-win ;).

I do believe in ebb n flow in a series and I believe Leyland changed all that with his decision making the other night(credit to BOS for taking advantage).

We can sign players shortly after the WS. Who knows who the next Mark Reynolds is? Maybe it's Mark Reynolds.

I play against the tigers where I see fit quite a bit in the postseason -- a happiness hedge. Root for the tigers but if they lose at least I win a unit

I did do this against the Cavs against Orlando in one of those Lebron quits. My daughter heard me bet, dark night.

no bullpen, no leadoff hitter, can't hit in cold at home...aint gonna win games bro

the series was over Sunday after Boston beat Detroit. the fucker lets Verlander pitch 8inn and takes out Max after 7 inn13strike outs and he gave up 2 hits and he brings in the losers jimmy has to no that he has no bullpen.jimmy should be shot now if Detroit wants to win this series they have to beat Boston in 7 game's.because there is no way Detroit will beat Boston 3 game's in a row

I can't believe what he done instead of being up 2-1 he is down 1-2/ even if Detroit would have lost the next game the series would have been 2-2 and still anybody series. but now Detroit has to win this game in a must win great coaching this guy could not coach a tee ball team

nah..ends in 5 or 6...no bullpen, no leadoff hitter...most important players besides starters...starters been awesome but boston is smart, fouls off pitches, work counts and get pitch counts up..

I'm not brimming with confidence about Fister, but series have their ups and downs, especially the classics.

I said 6 b4 and stand by it. Now mind you I truly believe now we have the better team but that doesn't matter at this time.

nah..ends in 5 or 6...no bullpen, no leadoff hitter...most important players besides starters...starters been awesome but boston is smart, fouls off pitches, work counts and get pitch counts up..

So true.

that was a huge and I mean huge game for the BoSox.
Still no hitting vs a very tough Verlander. Lackey was due to have a solid outing but that was way more than us Sox fans expected.
Napoli's hr brings the Sox pen into play and they close the game out.
I am still amazed at how many strikouts looking the Sox have.
Peavy vs Fister. I like the Sox again just because of mojo. If the Tigs do win, do you think Sherzer and Sanchez will have repeat performances? I think the situation is totally different, pitching to stay alive vs pitching to tie series or take lead.
Sox win today and win game 5 to close it out
my 2 cents

Back