2013 'Bankrupt Ain't Gun Stop Us-But Jimmay WILL' Detroit Tigers Thread...

You guys are really getting off the subject of the Tribe's teetering wildcard chase.

hit at that shitty driving range many times as a kid off van dyke and 19.

14 mile...The butterfly. Holy shit at this thread right now. :rofl: I grew up in sterling whites. tons of arabs and chaldeans back in the 90's. No idea now.

lol. i was at the store and heard vmart's shot and hurried my ass off to get back home. open a beer and boom

I was out this afternoon...missed the fun then Garnder again...

Weird weekend...

Back to the South Side...need to take care of business there...

tip would like the fact i picked up this salazar kid for fantasy purposes, promptly serves up homer to first batter. effin tribe

A day after Detroit Tigers outfielder Torii Hunter suggested during a Tuesday radio interview that teammate Prince Fielder has been dealing with an off-the-field issue, a report surfaced that Fielder is in the process of getting divorced.
Fielder filed for a dissolution of marriage from his wife, Chanel, on May 28, according to online records from the Orange County (Fla.) Clerk's office.
The couple has two sons, Haven and Jadyn, and has made an offseason home near Orlando, Fla. Messages were left for lawyers from both parties on Thursday.
Fielder's impending divorce was first reported Wednesday night by the Larry Brown Sports website.
The Fielders were married in the summer of 2005 and renewed their wedding vows on Jan. 11, 2012, three weeks before Fielder agreed to a nine-year, $214 million contract -- the biggest contract in Tigers history.
In a radio interview Tuesday, Hunter alluded to an off-the-field issue that could be contributing to Fielder's performance with the Tigers this season.
"A lot of people don't know what's going on in his life," Hunter said during an interview on the "Ryan and Rico Show" on the new Detroit Sports 105.1 FM. "This guy is a strong guy. He's out there every day. He won't come out of the lineup, no matter what's going on off the field or on the field. He's a strong guy.
"Us as players, we know what's really going on and we appreciate him going out there every day."
Fielder, 29, has hit .262 with a .430 slugging percentage and a .353 on-base percentage, which would be career lows if the season ended today.
He was asked about Hunter's comments Tuesday in Chicago, but declined to go into detail.
"I'm going to turn the story off," Fielder said Tuesday. "It's fine. Everything's fine."
At one point in the conversation, it was suggested by a reporter that fans don't need to know details about what's going on in the personal lives of athletes.
"Yeah," Fielder said. "You're right."
Hunter had explained his comments to reporters in Chicago, saying he wanted to defend his teammate after he overheard the radio hosts criticizing Fielder.
"I hated when they were talking about it, 'Ah, he's not doing his job,'" Hunter said. "I heard that. So when I got on the air, I said, 'Hey, you don't know what's going on.' So I'm defending my guy."
Listen to Hunter's comments from the original interview on the "Ryan and Rico Show":

Browns all over the Lions at half for the Great Lakes Cup ... or Barge ... or whatever that trophy is. The winner of the Great Lakes Classic each August gets a trophy.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll see what happens 2nd week of Oct when it counts. But here comes Shaun Hill leading the comeback!

makes sense. hes been awful

been so sick of people getting on his ass, glad this came out so people like valenti can shut their big mouth.

kung fu panda went through one a couple years ago and he was awful

i am guessing with as close as prince seems to his kids and wife for that matter, this wasnt easy and we have no clue why. prince gets a break in my opinion.

Absolutely. He makes 200 milly but he seems like a good family man and divorce sucks. Trust me I know. He needs a good slump buster like I had. Did wonders for me.

been so sick of people getting on his ass, glad this came out so people like valenti can shut their big mouth.

kung fu panda went through one a couple years ago and he was awful

i am guessing with as close as prince seems to his kids and wife for that matter, this wasnt easy and we have no clue why. prince gets a break in my opinion.

He gets a break now that we know but if everything is fine and dandy then be should be getting criticized given the money he is making and how bad he's been

I need him to heat up so I can hold off monk in the dynasty league.

He gets a break now that we know but if everything is fine and dandy then be should be getting criticized given the money he is making and how bad he's been

he gets a pass from me, tigers are winning the division, just need his mind right for october. of course he homers once news comes out of this, maybe that was a relief for him too mentally.

haha....cleveland fan ranting about pre-season, kind of like chest pounding in may of a baseball season.

GLC. Never has a game that meant so little meant so much ...

[video=youtube_share;YOHsSHAWpFw]http://youtu.be/YOHsSHAWpFw[/video]

He should be getting the bonds treatment with men on base. Another pitch to hit served into LF

Any of you guys watching game today see the Pujols stat comparison? Pretty amazing that how good Miggy is how they rank against one another thru ten years.

I think he has like 20 ribbies against Cleveland this year, lol, I love when we walk him, smells like victory.

so the city of detroit has the best player in baseball in Miguel, the best pitcher in baseball again but this year its Max.

the best puck handler in the nhl in datsyuk

the best wr in football in the guy on the left

the best under 21 big man in the nba in drummond....ok thats a stretch

lots of talent in the D these days.

guys only one problem Detroit has no bullpen and that's mean's only one thing no world series win. don't get me wrong Detroit is real good but not good enough BOSTON has the same problem no pitching no bullpen. and without a bullpen you can't win but we will see. and no i'm not on Dilaudid my mind is 100 percent on the money. ty football in a few week's. I hope i'm wrong with Detroit but I don't think so anytime you pick up a pitcher from HOUSTON your in big time trouble BAR I no your a big Detroit fan. I will go with the best pitching all the time. 99,99 percent of the time the D will beat the O to the bank baby goodnight mu brothers:badass:

braves my man your ATLANTA wins it all. I no Detroit did sweep ATLANTA but the playoff's are a diff monster

Agree with D8. Veras, Coke have been awful. Bonderman been lucky imo. Benoit, eh, not sold. Starters gonna have to go a full 8 in playoffs and it better be warm in October or those bats go cold.

Doesn't matter what u throw miggy. Beats you so many ways. Low and inside, high/outside.

Bullpen is very scary obviously. Sherzer keeps getting that support. Most consistent year he has had.

I don't wanna jinx the kid, but what we are seeing with this kid his historical things you tell your
grandkids about. Looking at his numbers, he should be at 400 HRs at age 31 and his career avg is like .320.

Back