Depending on if any of those top four OL guys are still available, I would almost certainly expect Detroit to take one of them at 20. Obviously if they're not there, they can't, but now that they have their guy, even if they're going to sit him for a year (as they should), OL becomes a priority.

Frankly, who cares if your defense sucks this year. If you can rebuild that OL before Stafford starts, you have something (see Cleveland & Derek Anderson circa 2007).

Gotta deal with it and hope he pans out I guess..I support my team no matter what, it's a love/hate relationship...more hate lol.

I would love to see Smith, Oher or Maluaga at 20. I would be happy with any.

fuck the lions. i was out drinking last night and almost puked when i saw this. knew it was happening but at least i was holding out (false) hope that they would take curry or an OT. the lions are a joke

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Fuck!! The old man has wanted a QB for 45 years. Nothing has changed.

Mayhem better get at least 2-3 starters on D the rest of the way.

Unbelievable.

Just hope Detroit doesnt pull a Houston and get stafford sacked 100 times in his rookie year. They better be patient and let him sit and watch eventhough Culpepper may lead the Lions to an 0-? start.

i dont get the NFL, why the hell do they give players such enormous contracts when they havnt even played a single down in the NFL!!?? They really need to set something like the NBA has for rookies. There have been more busts' than winners with the 1st pick in the draft!! The lions could have gone after Vick like someone stated, at least they know what he is capable of!! I really hope they change this shit.

i dont get the NFL, why the hell do they give players such enormous contracts when they havnt even played a single down in the NFL!!?? They really need to set something like the NBA has for rookies. There have been more busts' than winners with the 1st pick in the draft!! The lions could have gone after Vick like someone stated, at least they know what he is capable of!! I really hope they change this shit.

Its not just the NFL; every pro sport pays money based on potential.

I doubt he sees the field next year t dot.

I like Stafford and think he's going to be one hell of a player. Just concerned that the Lions management buckles after a few losses and throw him in the fire. Lets face it culpepper isnt exactly the poster boy for stability.

Its not just the NFL; every pro sport pays money based on potential.

Right, I understand why they are being picked #1. I'm sure they have their scouts and all kinds of stuff they look at before they give them this much money, but NFL is completely different than other sports when you jump from college to the pros.

I like Stafford and think he's going to be one hell of a player. Just concerned that the Lions management buckles after a few losses and throw him in the fire. Lets face it culpepper isnt exactly the poster boy for stability.

True, I guess they are holding hope that he will be better being reunited with his offensive coordinator from the Vikings days with Moss and that he lost 30 pounds.

I jsut want a beast of a linebacker at the 20 pick, whether it's Cushing, Maulagua, Laurinitis, or Matthews..I would also be fine with a Oher or Smith if they drop.

i dont think the problem is drafting stafford...he could be ok...

but that contract they gave him is nothing short of asinine

he better be good or theyre fucked

but that contract they gave him is nothing short of asinine

That's why nobody wants to trade into the top, basically, 10 any more. Because rookie contracts are out of control. As you say, if Stafford doesn't pan out, they're f**ked.

That's one reason why they're going to rip up that CBA. They have to to fix things like this.

This rookie contract system is a joke. That is why I am partly hoping the Packers can trade down to about the 20 range and out of the top 10. Its a huge dropoff contract wise after around 10. And especially in this years draft every player from about 6-30 is about the same

Mike Tirico makes the point why the Eagles should trade for Anquan Boldin without even saying his name.

History is against rookie WRs having 1000 yard seasons. It happens with rookie RBs at about four times the rate it does with rookie WRs.

I think the Rams are taking Jason Smith no doubt. Heard an interview with their GM earlier and that convinced me. The real fun is going to start with 3. Do they go Tyson Jackson or Aaron Curry? Curry seemed to be the safest bet in this draft to go 3 and now who knows. He could fall far if he does not go 3

I think both St. Louis and Seattle go OL no matter what they say or what the rumors are.

Now, if Seattle can trade out, then there's that, but I don't see them locking up like a third of their salary cap space just on LBs, not when they need help on the OL.

I think that leaves Curry or Jackson for Cleveland at five--and trust me, they will be trying to get people to take that spot for Sanchez in the worst way.

Thing is, Cincy doesn't want Sanchez, neither does Oakland, so why wouldn't you just wait until eight?

Curry at 5 for Cleveland would be a dream come true imo. I cant see Seattle passing up on him though for Monroe. Just my opinion though.

The reason I see Seattle passing on him is because they already have a ton of money in their LBs.

It's the same reason I don't think he was ever a realistic option for Detroit. Because you have to guarantee the guy so much money, it impacts your decision. If Seattle's going to take that much money off the table and thta big of a hit to their cap, I think they use it smartly on their OL. Taking Curry ends up being a financial risk, not at that position, but at their other positions because they don't have as much money to play with.

I just saw Crabtree interviewed on ESPN. The more I see that guy, the more I worry that he's going to be a nightmare, solely because of his attitude.

And the beat writer for the Packers did his mock today, he has been nearly spot on for the past 15 or so years with his first round pick, he must have some sort of inside info and it is usually reliable. He says if Crabtree gets to the Packers, they are taking him. He is by far the number one player on their board. If this is true it is crazy the way Thompson drafts BPA. He needs an Oline or rush end like no other team and he is going to take the WR? I must say though if he does we would have the best WR corps in the league with Jennings, Crabtree, Driver, Jordy Nelson and James Jones.

I think he has hit the first round pick for the Packers 11 of the last 15 years or something. Just something crazy like that

He needs an Oline or rush end like no other team and he is going to take the WR?

So true, I think you guys get Raji and are extremely happy about it.

I will be thrilled if we get Raji, I think the one obstacle in that though is does Cleveland take him at 5? If they dont, I think Raji will be there at 9.

I think the Browns would take him, but I think more interesting options are going to be available for them.

Also, Raji sort of conflicts with Shaun Rogers.

I heard Michael Smith say Rogers can play end in the 3-4? Now I don't know if I can see that happening but I don't really see any other options for the Browns at this pick. Sanchez would be dumb, Crabtree makes since but with that news about him being arrogant during his visit who knows. They got their left side of the line shored up. Where do they go? Raji makes since to me

Raji makes a lot of sense.

But I think they'd move him, not Rogers.

Still, he makes sense.

My feeling is that the choices they'll have when number five comes up are:
Either Curry or Tyson Jackson
Crabtree
Raji
Trying to generate a trade for Sanchez

Of those options, I think the trade is their number one and number two preference. Then I think it's the leftover of Curry and Jackson, then Raji, then Crabtree.

How about this:

According to Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star, the Lions offered their second first-round pick (No. 20 overall) and the first pick in round two (No. 33) to the Chiefs for the third overall pick.

KC said no.

How about this:

According to Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star, the Lions offered their second first-round pick (No. 20 overall) and the first pick in round two (No. 33) to the Chiefs for the third overall pick.

KC said no.

wow..

changed the thread title..official draft ingame..gonna be a great night..love the draft!

Wow, and then the Lions take Curry? How about that for a re-vitalization of your franchise

Wow, and then the Lions take Curry? How about that for a re-vitalization of your franchise

Right, but how could you possibly afford it?

Apparently, now the rumor is that it was KC trying to trade down rather than Detroit trying to trade up.

Which makes more sense.

Also says KC's not sold on Curry.

I am now believing the Kiper hype of KC taking Tyson Jackson now. Seems they have soured on Curry a lot in the past month. And they are in love with Jackson. 3 is too high for him but I still think they take him just to make sure they get him

I think they need sacks too much to pass on that guy and go with Curry whose biggest question mark is can he give you sacks.

Kid325i's official NFL draft props. What I got them at, and where they are at now.............

will be drafted first.....Clay Matthews or James Laurinitas

Matthews at -250............now at -550

Over 5.5 Big 12 players drafted

-170..............now at -550

Mark Sanchez under 10.5

+160!!!!! Now at...............-1000!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knowshon Moreno under 21.5

-170.................now at -300

Who will be drafted first Raji or Orakpo

Raji at even...............now at -300

John Parker Wilson........will he be drafted day one

No = 300.................now at -1000!!!!!!!!!1

Hope you guys got them while they were hot! Nothing better than making money on draft day b/c you're a draft genius!

Lets get this cash fellas! :cheers:

I'm wondering if Mayhew will be able to manuver like Millen always did.

I'm not as pissed anymore about Stafford. I guess I need blind faith that Mayhew can get this in the right direction.

I can't wait to see 20 and 33.

4pm start time sux, I can see how 12 might be too early for the West Coasters, but how about sometime like 2?

Very good Nuggets/Hornets game. Just want the #2 pick to be here already

By the way ESPN is having an NFL draft Streak for the Cash contest. Person with the highest streak at the end of the day gets $5000

Back