Fans don't know shit...well, maybe more then Matt Millen...Detroit has to trust their new regime. Didn't Philly fans boo the selection of The Greatest QB in Eagles History?

Mully :cheers:

Thats so overblown...it was like 25 dudes who were all liquored up and goaded on by a radio show into thinking Ricky Williams was the cure all...but yes....

Thats so overblown...it was like 25 dudes who were all liquored up and goaded on by a radio show into thinking Ricky Williams was the cure all...but yes....

Well, in fairness, the mayor did come out and lobby for Ricky, too.

And those idiots, small or not, they got in the room and they were on TV and that's just about all anybody remembers. Sort of like the Santa and the snowball thing.

Didn't try to insinuate that all Philly fans were against the McNabb pick...just used it as a prime example of fan ignorance.
IMO, Stafford is the prototypical NFL QB that can make all the throws...let him sit behind a newly dedicated Culpepper for a year and learn the NFL ropes then unleash the Stafford - CJ monster in 2010.
Also, Millen should get 100% of the blame for Detroit's past draft failures...

Mully :cheers:

Stafford is the SEXY pick #1.

Guy has a CANNON!! The minute he is taken I am ordering a STAFFORD Detroit Jersey!

Ladies will be going CRAZY!!!

:smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe:

REPORT: LIONS, STAFFORD CLOSE
Posted by Mike Florio on April 22, 2009, 5:02 p.m.
The game of journalistic ping-pong continues regarding whether the Lions are close to a deal with Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford.

Steve Wyche of NFL.com reports that a deal between the Lions and Stafford could be reached as soon as Wednesday night.

We have consistently heard that Stafford is the target. We also have heard that Stafford has told former Georgia teammates that he’ll be the pick, and that he’ll pocket more than $40 million in guranteed money.

Can't wait to see Stafford wearing the Royal Blue! Like my man DiamondCutter said, the ladies will be swooning!

I read this stat that said if Stafford is the #1 pick, then female attendance at Ford Field is projected to increase by 47%! Amazing!

I bow down to Matt Stafford and his golden locks and Cannon arm! You all should to0! Matty Staff is the savior of the Lions! You know it! :cheers:

$80 Million w/ like $35 guaranteed right outta the gate! Loving it!

When I reread my comments I wanted to make sure everyone knew my comments about "fans not knowing shit" were not directed toward fans of the Kitties or Iggles on CTG...but those "fans" booing the selection of McNabb or chanting for Curry and against Stafford....:shake:

IMO, Stafford has "all the tools" and desperately needs to be taught leadership skills (enter Culpepper?)...secondly, if they are not into Stafford I'd take a franchise LT over a LB....:tiphat:

LIONS HAVE THEIR BEST OFFER ON THE TABLE FOR STAFFORD
Posted by Mike Florio on April 22, 2009, 9:23 p.m.

Amid reports that the Lions and quarterback Matthew Stafford have spent the last two days negotiating, we’re told that the Lions have put their best offer on the table, that they don’t plan to budge, and that Stafford and his agent, Tom Condon, likely will take the offer on Friday night.

Condon plans to wait, we’re told, in the event that the Lions sweeten the pot.

The Lions, we’re told, don’t plan to do so.

We’ve heard for weeks that Stafford is the target, and that Stafford has been sharing this fact with others (even if he now denies it). But NFL Network’s Mike Mayock reiterated again today on The Dan Patrick Show that the Lions shouldn’t take Stafford.

But here’s the problem, in our view. After the Falcons and the Ravens experienced stunning turnarounds in one year after getting lucky with quarterbacks Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco in round one, teams are now feeling emboldened to attempt a similar gamble — regardless of whether Stafford or Sanchez merit consideration at the top of round one.

That’s the fundamental problem, in our view. Teams will now take a chance on getting a franchise quarterback, even when the signs are there that they might not be getting one.

The Lions would be wise to look at what the Dolphins did last year under Bill Parcells, taking a left tackle and finding a quarterback elsewhere.

Though not nearly as sexy as a quarterback, a good left tackle can help solidify a wall of protection that will allow average quarterbacks to produce great numbers.

But left tackles and linebackers don’t sell out increasingly empty stadiums. Big-name quarterbacks from the same high school Bobby Layne attended do.

Can't wait to see Stafford wearing the Royal Blue! Like my man DiamondCutter said, the ladies will be swooning!

I read this stat that said if Stafford is the #1 pick, then female attendance at Ford Field is projected to increase by 47%! Amazing!

I bow down to Matt Stafford and his golden locks and Cannon arm! You all should to0! Matty Staff is the savior of the Lions! You know it! :cheers:

:Yag:

BAR this joke has to stop. i know it is one of you mods behind this and DC name. No way tools like this can exist. can they? really?

Link?

Bro, did you watch Stafford in college? While he may have the tools that NFL draft combine homos love, he was NEVER the reason those Georgia teams excelled. They had solid O-Line a great RB and very good WR's.

This guy wasn't even "exceptional" in college. Why the fuck is he going to do anything in the pros?

Mark it down, Stafford not only will be a bust in the pros, but he won't even be the 3RD best player off of his college team from this year in the NFL.....over time.

That stud WR Georgia has who'll be a soph this year will be better AND Moreno will be better.

I don't give a fuck anymore personally..I expect the Lions to fuck it up like they do EVERY year. Whoever comes to Detroit will have their career ruined anyways.

scarf if you havent noticed that guy is a huge tool who says outrageous things to try and get a stir out of people. he'll be banned shortly don't worry.

btw i agree with everything you said

BAR this joke has to stop. i know it is one of you mods behind this and DC name. No way tools like this can exist. can they? really?

You would think it was steed or tru....

it isn't though....

and thats scary

oh, and fuck stafford

Orangemonk, I hear the boys just made t-shirts that they're sending to all of the CTG contingent.

were_here_were_queer_tshirt-p235807098233719195trlf_400.jpg

think what's important for us is that we listen to our scouts and our coaches and the people who have done the work and watched the tape on these guys, whether they're quarterbacks or defensive linemen or offensive linemen," Lewand said. "We've had people who know the game of football watching every game of their collegiate careers, doing a lot of work behind the scenes off the field -- the comprehensive evaluations necessary to give us the best chance to make the right pick for our organization."

hope these arent the same people who picked joey harrington.. and charles rogers... and mike williams.. and drew stanton.. and jordan dizon... should i go on? brian calhoun anyone? shaun cody did great. teddy lehman too.

I used to stalk him on AIM after fondy gave me his screename.

Bro, did you watch Stafford in college? While he may have the tools that NFL draft combine homos love, he was NEVER the reason those Georgia teams excelled. They had solid O-Line a great RB and very good WR's.

This guy wasn't even "exceptional" in college. Why the fuck is he going to do anything in the pros?

Mark it down, Stafford not only will be a bust in the pros, but he won't even be the 3RD best player off of his college team from this year in the NFL.....over time.

That stud WR Georgia has who'll be a soph this year will be better AND Moreno will be better.

OLine was shit for the past 2 years. They changed around the line dozens of times this past year. Stafford was under constant pressure against any half decent Dline.

AJ Green is the only pro receiver of the bunch, but he played hurt towards the end of the season. Its not like he played on USC.

haha he lives in my town (calhoun), some friends have seen him at the bar a few times

That's awesome. Herman Moore lives like 5 minutes from me. Lomas used to as well. He may still. Ate some Pizza with Luther Ellis once...odd story.

Hearing it's a done deal and that incentives are being hammered out with Stafford. Only thing left is pretty much a fake out by Mayhew and it would have to be a pretty good one.

Someone, I think on the NFLN, made a good point about Stafford tonight. He better find a way to get this deal done, because if he doesn't the hype is behind Sanchez right now and if Stafford doesn't go number one he could fall to tenish and therefore cost himself a ton of money.

Funny thing about Curry saying he'd take less to be picked by Detroit is that the only person who loses in that is Stafford. Less money as a number one is still likely more money than a number three.

Interesting gamesmanship at least.

SPot on JP, this is Stafford's to lose. He is DEFINITELY the #1 choice, it is just a matter if he signs or not.

I gotta imagine that they hope Oher slides to #20 to protect his backside, or hope Smith falls...that defense is gonna be putrid..

Damn, you negative biatches are going to be loving ya some Stafford to CJ connections come 2010...mark this SEC biatches opinion down as fact, baby.

What yall hearing today about deals being done in Detroit. I know some of yall want Stafford but Curry has to be the pick here. Its safe and I think the Lions may want a safe pick. Stafford will sit the bench for a season before he plays. No way he starts unless he is that good and I personally don't think he is....not yet anyway.

Should be interesting tonight and tomorrow.GL to yall in the draft.

I dont know why Stafford is rated #1? Looks like a david carr to me. This is what the Lions need to do..

Take curry at #1, because he is the best player.
with the other 1st round pick, they could most likely land reesing who looks like a drew brees to me. but thats just me, he could end up being ryan leaf for all i know.

Yeah, if I were the Lions I'd take Jason Smith.

And whether I'm right or wrong you know how bad it is in the D when they're not even considering that guy.

What yall hearing today about deals being done in Detroit. I know some of yall want Stafford but Curry has to be the pick here. Its safe and I think the Lions may want a safe pick. Stafford will sit the bench for a season before he plays. No way he starts unless he is that good and I personally don't think he is....not yet anyway.

Should be interesting tonight and tomorrow.GL to yall in the draft.

I haven't met ONE lions fan who wants to take stafford or thinks its the best choice

If I was the Lions I'd draft an OT and go get Mike Vick. He'll sell tickets. He'll sell jerseys. What the hell do they have to lose?

Makes too much sense.

If I was the Lions I'd draft an OT and go get Mike Vick. He'll sell tickets. He'll sell jerseys. What the hell do they have to lose?

And with all those stray dogs roaming around D-town, Vick would be like Steed in the Castro.

Shit I figured they had a wagon of support for Stafford. Let me join them in chanting....CURRY....CURRY....CURRY

Nah, all over the lions forums and in public its all curry. Matty Stafford, when he does play, better produce quickly.

Tough being a QB or goaltender in this town. You get no room for error.

According to Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com, Stafford’s deal is worth $78 million over six years, with $41.7 million guaranteed

$41.7 million guaranteed. That's a good day.

Back