excellent draft by the browns. wish we would have been able to move bq or be, but i'm kind of glad the rookie gm didn't let himself get pushed around....anything less than a 1 and a 3 due to the possible cba changes wouldn't have been enough. and the giants have to feel great about nicks (yeah right). who knows, maybe they'll still be able to make a deal for him or one of the qbs for players.

not every year a team gets 4 or 5 possible new starters on draft day...

even out last two picks were very good...james davis a good late round back to pick up and francies one of the underrated guys who had to transfer because of some probs but could probably contribute on defense regularly as well in some packages...if not then def on special teams---as for the norfolk st guy i have no clue who the hell knows hahaha

excellent draft by the browns. wish we would have been able to move bq or be, but i'm kind of glad the rookie gm didn't let himself get pushed around....anything less than a 1 and a 3 due to the possible cba changes wouldn't have been enough. and the giants have to feel great about nicks (yeah right). who knows, maybe they'll still be able to make a deal for him or one of the qbs for players.

not every year a team gets 4 or 5 possible new starters on draft day...

lions usually do.. they start but they just always suck. and the revolving door continues.

lions usually do.. they start but they just always suck. and the revolving door continues.

Don't worry, the Browns are going to start like nine Jets next year, almost every single one won't be missed by NY--a team that missed the playoffs.

i disagree with everyone saying how bad these jets players are...just because the new jet regime has different plans doesn't mean they suck. the jets defense over the last two years was significantly better than any browns defense we've had since 1995. there was no free agent safeties or many good safeties in the draft, and we got one that's better than anything we put on the field last year. barton will contribute right away and not only mangini liked him but he was under ryan in oak and they clearly both wanted him. coleman adds depth to a decent line and he fits with mangini's scheme unlike corey williams who we cut off our arm to get last offseason. hank poteat and mosley pretty much suck as far as i can tell but hell. all these pessimistic browns fans that are making fun of them getting these jets should be fortunate that we are able to get them because they are pluggin holes and upgrading our very very shitty defense. these guys will make us respectable until we can rebuild what is an absolute mess of a defense and has been for years. i really like what mankok has done so far...

Really, which Jets do you like more, the back-up defensive lineman whose best year was in 2005 when he recorded a whopping 15 tackles for the Vikings before they gave up on him. Or the back-up corner, Hank Poteat, who got run out of Pittsburgh because he was so bad, only to be picked up by two more teams before he finally landed on the bench in NY where he still sucked.

'Cause I could see how one could really be drawn to their singular talent.

Seriously, though, I don't think Barton is all that bad. And if this DE they picked up yesterday can at least do something to help free up Wimbley then he's worth it. And if Ratliff helps DA/BQ learn the offense then great.

The truth is, it doesn't matter if I like it, or if any of the fans like it. They're ripping this team apart completely and that's just how it's going to be.

My problem with it, though, is that it's not like the guy has any track record to do this. It's fine to change things, the team was 3-and-f**king horrible last year, so yes, change is needed. But he's created potential problems with every single piece of talent left on this team save Joe Thomas, and he picked the fight in almost every case. Needlessly. And again, he's won absolutely nothing.

It feels like he's basically come in and taken a giant s**t on the floor and expected everybody to compliment him on its size and stench.

But he's going to do what he does regardless. So, hey, I hope I'm wrong and I hope it works out. But my initial feeling is that we're going to have to win in spite of our coaching for the next couple of years.

well joep, i mentioned both of those guys in your first paragraph and said they sucked, so we're in agreement there. the guys we got in the draft and barton do not thoughe. i think we just have different feelings about the "pieces of talent" that he's alienated---i think he was right in every case (except for jerevicious which i didn't understand). people that have talked shit openly about the organization and back it up with a 2:1 catch to drop ratio or showing up teammates during the game---i really just don't give a fuck if their feelings are hurt because they would leave on their own accord anyways, and their actions override their talent and at some point they become more detrimental to the rebuilding process. i've heard nothing but good things from cribbs, thomas, jackson, wright, tucker, lewis---the talent that are actually humble and good teammates and most importantly want to be here. 3 years from now it will pay off to have guys like that rather than marginally more talented individuals that have no desire to buy in because they think they are a lot better than they actually are. my .02. i liked everything about the way they went about things in the draft aside from robiskie, who i hope proves me wrong.

The sponge count is at 3 documented.

“I’m just going to be a sponge to everything. Even if I have to sit back, I’ll sit back and learn from the guys ahead of me.” -Antoine Caldwell, drafted by Frisco

“I’m going to be like a little sponge and I couldn’t ask for any more." -Mike Thomas, drafted by Jax

"... couldn’t be happier to learn from someone like him, and hopefully learn anything and be a sponge and soak up anything that I can." -Scott McKillop, drafted by Frisco

Expect the number to clear 20 by week's end, once these guys talk to their team's beat reporters and all.

Draft Could Be Moving To Three Days, Prime Time

Posted by Mike Florio on April 28, 2009, 10:28 a.m.
The <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%;" id="itxt_nobr_5_0">NFL</nobr> has toyed in the past with the idea of moving the first round of the draft into prime time.
The problem has been the duration of round one. With a process that at times has stretched beyond five or six hours, the picks would begin too early in the west or finish too late in the east. Or both.
But with round one of the 2009 draft coming in at roughly the length of an NFL game, the window is wide open for a cannonball into the prime time pool.
According to the Dallas Morning News (via Chris Littmann of SportingNews.com), the change could come as soon as 2010.
“We’re more confident now, with the timing of the first round, that it can fit a 3½-hour window,” Goodell said. “We think it can be very appealing from a fan’s standpoint and an audience standpoint.
“We’ll talk to our teams about it. We have to see what impact this would have on them. But I think it has potential.”
And while it had been presumed that a prime-time first round would unfold on Friday night, the league wisely would position it an evening earlier, when the audience is larger. Then, rounds two and three would be conducted on Friday, and the final four rounds would occur on Saturday.
There’s not much to say other than, “We like it. Make it so.”
As to any concerns that viewers of Thursday night network programming would face a dilemma, the prerecorded shows could be recorded, or watched later via the web.
The draft is something that has relevance and interest only as a live event, and we think that the thing would capture not only the Saturday afternoon little league and honey-do crowd but also some of the Super Bowl-only set who find themselves intrigued by the reality show-style drama that unfolds as a kid in his early 20s suddenly gets himself in line to make millions — or watches millions evaporate as he does the unexpected first-round free fall.

I would like it....I haven't had time to sit around for the allday weekend for three years now and didn't see one second of Saturday's coverage..

A Thursday night primetime would allow me to see it and still get stuff done on the weekend.

I hope they do it.

I would like it too. NBA draft is always a Wednesday night. I

I was just saying about how ESPN would draw it all out. Thats all. My hate for ESPN is starting to infiltrate each post.

I give the nfl credit for cutting back the time between picks to 10 minutes. IMHO, cut it back to 7.5. Plenty of time for a 2 minute commericial every other pick, interviews and this/that.

Back